Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

langster-

May 1, 2018
I tried dot os 2.2 based on oreo and it has almost all these bugs fixed. Try it.

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

I moved to dot os its having all these fixed

Tried Dot os it is way too laggy on 3GB version. Candy is way better than los and dot os at this time.

langster-

May 1, 2018
Massive update, congratulations and thank you!
Flashed official twrp-3.2.1-0-vince.img recovery over that twrp treble crap and did a clean install..
Phone seems faster/snappier than before. Battery also seems optimized. Speaker is louder and clearer.

[Bugs]
- auto flash is not working on front/back camera ((fixed))
- in the camera app sometimes the red video button is on top of the 3 settings dots ((fixed))
- auto brightness sets the brightness way too low so unusable ((fixed))
- Gestures > Swipe fingerprint for notifications does not work
- loud beep noise when ending calls almost blows out the speaker ((fixed))
- when in call all bands if you use loud speaker the person you are talking to has a huge echo of their own voice (fixed by turning off loud speaker) ((fixed))
- sitting next to the wifi router the wifi signal icon seems crazy unstable low/high however wifi seems to work fine ((fixed))
- cannot delete fingerprints
- screen rounded corners missing pixels look bad ((fixed))
- vendor warning box on boot ((fixed))
- messaging app click on Blocked contacts top right menu app crashes with 'Messaging has stopped' ((fixed))

[Feature Requests]
- Need to be able to send/recieve MMS without having mobile data turned on
- google play store uncertified (apparently some aex nougat roms can get it to certify)
- Selinux status needs to be enforcing ((fixed))
- full screen gestures

:good::good::highfive:

Last edited:

rishu2310

Aug 24, 2015
Pune
Massive update, congratulations and thank you!
Flashed official twrp-3.2.1-0-vince.img recovery over that twrp treble crap and did a clean install..
Phone seems faster/snappier than before. Battery also seems optimized. Speaker is louder and clearer.

[Bugs]
- auto flash is not working on front/back camera ((fixed))
- in the camera app sometimes the red video button is on top of the 3 settings dots ((fixed))
- auto brightness sets the brightness way too low so unusable ((fixed))
- Gestures > Swipe fingerprint for notifications does not work
- loud beep noise when ending calls almost blows out the speaker ((fixed))
- when in call all bands if you use loud speaker the person you are talking to has a huge echo of their own voice (fixed by turning off loud speaker) ((fixed))
- sitting next to the wifi router the wifi signal icon seems crazy unstable low/high however wifi seems to work fine ((fixed))
- cannot delete fingerprints
- screen rounded corners missing pixels look bad ((fixed))
- vendor warning box on boot ((fixed))
- messaging app click on Blocked contacts top right menu app crashes with 'Messaging has stopped' ((fixed))

[Feature Requests]
- can't send/recieve MMS without having mobile data turned on
- there are not many filters for the camera miui had about 15 filters ((new camera is way better))
- no face unlock
- google play store uncertified
- Selinux status needs to be enforcing ((fixed))
- double tap screen to sleep does not work in trebuchet (not sure if there is a setting for this so not a bug really)

:good::good::highfive:

How about low volume in calls? Is that also fixed

rishu2310

Aug 24, 2015
Pune
How about low volume in calls? Is that also fixed

screen rounded corners missing pixels look bad ((fixed)) --- its still the same :(
Also the google feed some times doesn't open at all by swiping right

THANKSfor fixing call sound its much better now. :)

Suggestion:
If possible can we please get a better Files & Musicapp as in Dot OS and some more ringtones :)
APP lock as well

Last edited:
May 29, 2017
I am on the latest build.
Almost all the major bugs are fixed but now i can see some logs while opening applications. Its takes more time to open the apps than before.
And yes the greenish tint in camera is fixed. Thanks

mafiaprinc3

Aug 6, 2016
Audio recording via camera app

I am on the latest build.
Almost all the major bugs are fixed but now i can see some logs while opening applications. Its takes more time to open the apps than before.
And yes the greenish tint in camera is fixed. Thanks

Is the audio recording when shooting videos better than it was on miui, on miui when recording audio in louder environments it sounds awful. Also is camera quality better?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1200px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Audio
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Video Playback
    • Camera / Camcorder
    • Sensors
    • LED
    • GPS
    • VoLTE
    • Fingerprint (Goodix & FPC)

Known issues:
    • You tell me

Downloads :

RWRP: [url]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_vLUZa8qr5IpWS2VnKcfvJX-cD9ICXeh/view[/URL]

ROM Download:
    <Mod Edit> Link temporarily removed

Donate: VisaDirect (4693957552522356)

Source:
    [url]https://github.com/mdeejay/kernel_xiaomi_vince[/URL]

Don't forget to press thanks
    Changelog:
    26.05.2018:
    - Upstream updates
    - Kernel updates
    - Fixed USB tethering
    19.05.2018:
    - Upstream updates
    - Kernel updates
    - Fixed QC
    10.05.2018:
    - Fixed dt2w switch
    - Added exfat support
    - New kernel compiled with dragon-tc 7.0 clang
    - Upstream updates (GSP 05.05.2018)
    - New functions in LiveDisplay
    - etc
    04.05.2018:
    - Switched to NON treble
    - Fixed "green" flash
    - New kernel 3.18.108
    - SELinux Enforced
    - Upstream updates
    - Alot more
    23.04.2018:
    - Upstream updates
    - Update graphics blobs
    - Update Wi-Fi/GNSS/sensors blobs
    - api2 for Snap camera app
    22.04.2018:
    - Fixed dt2w battery drain
    - Fixed FPC fingerprint
    - upstream Lineage OS changes, fixes and bugs
    update comin soon...
    I can't add all the codes in here since I'm online with my phone and don't have access to PC but theses are the brief changes that I made.
    The speaker volume from 84 to 90 ( it's can go up to 95 but it might damage the speaker - the line should be something called RX3 digital ), There are some other lines around the speaker and some of them are related to headphones sound quality and its value. ( HPHL Volume , RX HPH Mode )

I did add some new lines for activating the front earpiece though it's not that powerful compare to the main speaker. I haven't tried any higher value for it ( currently it's set to 100 ) cause it might damage the earpiece itself.
    For microphone sensitivity there is line that has "handset-mic" value in it and i believe it was something around 84 in the default file so I put it on 100 and the difference is noticeable.

If you are interested and wants to make some adjustments yourself, I suggest you check 4PDA forum ( search for "Redmi 5 plus sound 4PDA" in Google and use Google translate ).

I'm working on a high quality dual speaker mod for oreo roms :good:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone