[ROM][STABLE][AUG]LineageOS-16.0[F2FS][A6000/A6000 Plus][UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

dev_harsh1998

Recognized Developer
Apr 25, 2014
Varanasi
Time for little update:-
  • Added autoface unlock
  • Auto rotation issue is resolved on A6000 SE and A6000 Plus (RU variants ;) enjoy the love)
  • Bumped up freq step aggressiveness a little for both GPU and CPU.
  • Added Support to disable active SimCard(s)
  • Fixed sound distortion on the start of call recording stream.
  • Binder driver backported from Android Kernel Common 4.19
  • Removed -fno-unroll-loop(s) optimization was causing crashes.

Flashing Instructions:- If upgrading from a previous lineage build just download a flash this build over the previous one and let the device boot cool down and build up cache once its finally settled start using device like normal, If migrating from another rom make sure you do a proper wipe of system, cache, dalvik's cache, internal storage(Yeah this is must). Flash the rom build gapps and reboot.

Download:- Get the latest build here.

Note:- I am not planning on pushing OTA(s), At least for next consecutive build as well which is likely to land next month(Due to server bills) so make sure you keep a check here on this thread for further news and announcements.

Regards,
Harsh!t Jain

Last edited:

ABack.21

Jan 17, 2019
Asian
Time for little update:-
  • Added autoface unlock
  • Auto rotation issue is resolved on A6000 SE and A6000 Plus (RU variants ;) enjoy the love)
  • Bumped up freq step aggressiveness a little for both GPU and CPU.
  • Added Support to disable active SimCard(s)
  • Fixed sound distortion on the start of call recording stream.
  • Binder driver backported from Android Kernel Common 4.19
  • Removed -fno-unroll-loop(s) optimization was causing crashes.

Flashing Instructions:- If upgrading from a previous lineage build just download a flash this build over the previous one and let the device boot cool down and build up cache once its finally settled start using device like normal, If migrating from another rom make sure you do a proper wipe of system, cache, dalvik's cache, internal storage(Yeah this is must). Flash the rom build gapps and reboot.

Download:- Get the latest build here.

Note:- I am not planning on pushing OTA(s), At least for next consecutive build as well which is likely to land next month(Due to server bills) so make sure you keep a check here on this thread for further news and announcements.

Regards,
Harsh!t Jain

Thanks dev_harsh1998 :))

---------- Post added at 03:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 AM ----------

before flashing worked vibration

Maybe your device. Vibration worked for me :)
I use lenovo a6000

ssaikia3

Jan 9, 2018
Has anyone experienced
  • random freezing of the whole OS? (Like if you're playing a video, the screen pauses, everything stops responding, including power button, but interestingly, the audio keeps on going.)
  • The touch randomly stops responding for about 30 seconds or so, after which it starts to work again.
If anyone encountered these (or similar) behavior please do reply. I just want to know if I'm the only one. Because I don't want to report a false bug. And also, there's a very high probability that it's my device, that's going cuckoo.

OP should ignore this for now.

michael3dell

Jul 21, 2017
cairo
switch sim bug

Has anyone experienced
  • random freezing of the whole OS? (Like if you're playing a video, the screen pauses, everything stops responding, including power button, but interestingly, the audio keeps on going.)
  • The touch randomly stops responding for about 30 seconds or so, after which it starts to work again.
If anyone encountered these (or similar) behavior please do reply. I just want to know if I'm the only one. Because I don't want to report a false bug. And also, there's a very high probability that it's my device, that's going cuckoo.

OP should ignore this for now.

i believe this Rom is Great and very very smooth. the only bug i found is shown when i "switch sim cards"

ssaikia3

Jan 9, 2018
i believe this Rom is Great and very very smooth. the only bug i found is shown when i "switch sim cards"

Yeah, It works fine for me too, except for those above mentioned times. Than again, this is a fairly old device, handled poorly on a daily basis, so might be the hardware, in which case developer cannot do anything for obvious reason.

longnhong

Jan 19, 2019
sorry dev_harsh1998:)
For those who encounter this problem, please follow me as follows:
Uncheck optimize google device search application
and after GPS work perfectly :D:D

rkaug27

Apr 9, 2013
Chennai
need help for notificaion tone changing.

Dear Dev...

Change the ringtone is ok... but not changing notification tone... it shows app error... (files attached)
Need help...

Thanks in advance..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190404-161748_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20190404-161748_Settings.png
    67.6 KB · Views: 327

dev_harsh1998

Recognized Developer
Apr 25, 2014
Varanasi
Dear Dev...

Change the ringtone is ok... but not changing notification tone... it shows app error... (files attached)
Need help...

Thanks in advance..

Use the basic default media storage selector for changing ringtone and notification tone (The one which is built in rom), The one which you are currently using is shipped either in the gapps or installed from the play store and I don't care about 3rd party apps as such. If default one is crashing upload the logs, i'll look into it else you're on your own way to help yourself.

Reactions: rkaug27

rkaug27

Apr 9, 2013
Chennai
Use the basic default media storage selector for changing ringtone and notification tone (The one which is built in rom), The one which you are currently using is shipped either in the gapps or installed from the play store and I don't care about 3rd party apps as such. If default one is crashing upload the logs, i'll look into it else you're on your own way to help yourself.

I got it... thank you.:D:D:D:D
(I mistakenly select the default storage for Sound):mad::mad::mad::mad:

regards

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1200px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
    • Boots
    • Camera
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • GPS

Known issues:
    • None

Don't report about known issues, It will be ignored

Screenies?

Follow Instructions Carefully otherwise you will get error :
    • Flash latest TWRP Else you will get errors
    • Boot into your recovery
    • Wipe cache, dalvik's cache,system,data,internal storage
    • Flash ROM-Flash Gapps
    • Done-Reboot Now
    • Enjoy the clean rom

Downloads :
    Don't forget to press thanks
    Follow This Link Downloads

Source code:
    ROM: https://github.com/lineageos/android
    Device: dev-harsh1998/android_device_lenovo_a6000
    Kernel: dev-harsh1998/kernel_lenovo_msm8916
    Proprietary Vendor: dev-harsh1998/prorietary_vendor_lenovo

Our telegram group: Official Lenovo A6000 Dev & User Interaction chat

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS-16.0 for Lenovo A6000 and Lenovo A6000 Plus [UNIFIED], ROM for the Lenovo A6000/Plus

Contributors
    dev_harsh1998
    Source Code: http://github.com/lineageOS

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Hex Firmware Patch
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2019-03-02
    Last Updated 2019-08-10
    Time for an update

Changelog
    • Lineage Upstream & June Patch changes
    • Kernel patched against latest June vdic Hardening
    • Binder from Android-4.19-Q kernel common
    • Fixed kernel tmpfs panics.
    • Many more changes check my device repo on github for more information.

Instructions :- if you are on the previous build dirty flash would be enough for upgrade, but if you are migrating from another rom make sure you do a clean flash.

Downloads :- lineage-16.0-20190610-UNOFFICIAL-a6000.zip
    Frequently asked questions.

Q : I get error 255/7 while flashing from recovery
    A : Flash using correct TWRP.

Q : How do i flash rom?
    A : No rocket science Just wipe /system /cache /dalvik's cache & internal storage from twrp, Then simply flash the rom package and reboot.

Q : Can I dirty flash the next build?
    A : If you are upgrading from previous builds of this rom to the current builds then O'course you can dirty flash by just flashing the new rom package , gapps package and wiping both the cache partition however i advice you to refrain from doing dirty flash. Follow the instructions if posted after a build drop and flash the package accordingly if instructions explicitly mention about clean flashing.

Q : Where do i get compatible gapps/ I can't signIn into google play?
    A : Get your Gapps from OpenGapps.org, only use Pico or nano! If you want my support.

Q : Is root access included in this Rom?
    A : No it is not. Some testers have had success with Magisk though.

Q : Can I flash ABC mod? Does the ROM support it?
    A : Yeah sure, but I will not support you. And no, the ROM probably does not support it.

Q : Android go, when?
    A : Decided to disable it for now for good

Q : Is VOLTE supported ?
    A : No.

Q : Is the ROM suited for daily usage ?
    A : Yes, Looks like all basic daily usage stuff is functional.

Q : WHEN UPDATE?? GIB UPDATE PL0X.
    A : I only post updates when there's a decent list of changes. I'm a college student and there's only so much I can do. Please do not spam my PM regarding this.
    I will not respond to any messages demanding ETAs
    Time for update.
    • August kernel & Android Security Bulletin Patches merged
    • Past kernel changes & optimizations of last 2 month
    • Completely Shifted to arm optimized routines
    • Update android math libraries from freebsd OSS
    • Fixed Dalvik's value not being applied sometimes.
    • Initial sepolicies

Note:- Dirty Flash from previous lineage build is fine but after boot give device time to settle down, might take 2-3 cycles for phone, Clean flash is recommended if you are migrating from other rom that includes wiping even the internal storage.

If you are on the last stable build you should be getting ota for the current build and you can update directly from there.

Download:- lineage-16.0-20190808-UNOFFICIAL-a6000.zip
    Time for update(More perf bump!!! Enjoy!)

Read the changelog:- here!

Downloads?
    Method 1:-
    -> People on the previous build should be getting a OTA notification or can manually check for update via the updater app and can update from there.

Method 2:
    Those who want to update manually can download the build from my basketbuild folder (Linked in the first post of this thread) flash it from recovery and reboot.

Clean flash?
    If you are upgrading from previous build to the current build then there is no need of doing clean flash, Just simply flash the new package and reboot. If you are coming from some other rom you have to do a clean flash that includes wiping your internal storage else your bug reports would be ignored.

Regards,
    Harsh!t Jain