[ROM][STABLE][AUG]LineageOS-16.0[F2FS][A6000/A6000 Plus][UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

arvind.amc

Oct 17, 2018
Experience for 1GB ram users is about to get more better I have tuned the kernel to perform even more smooth and I've added hotplug that'd automatically hotplug the cores when screen is off and limit the frequency to 400mhz, I'll soon roll out update but before it I need to test OOM(Out of memory) killer its seen that apps with heavy ram footprints cause 1Gb ram variant to reboot while the 2GB variant works fine Let's see if we can make 1GB more lively.
Roms that are shipping with june kernel patches should already be reflecting huge gains in pref of Ui/Ux And I/o

Waiting for this next build. Thank you for such a smooth ROM. Best of all ROM's.

Hope that the sounds app crash also gets fixed with is update. Have been using the workaround by copying the soundpicker apk.

dev_harsh1998

Recognized Developer
Apr 25, 2014
Varanasi
Waiting for this next build. Thank you for such a smooth ROM. Best of all ROM's.

Hope that the sounds app crash also gets fixed with is update. Have been using the workaround by copying the soundpicker apk.

Okay, Do I ship that so called incompatible SOUND app?
No
Its a part of google apps(gapps) package and Since i don't ship that app don't ask me to fix that. Well its a free world, You can hope for anything but let me make this clear here itself I am not gonna fix any incompatibility that is caused by other packages.

My builds with the default explorer and selecting mechanism has no issue in setting ringtones. Sound app crash happens because the gapps bundled wrong apk for arm architecture and its not my duty to fix their mistake

Last edited:

arvind.amc

Oct 17, 2018
Okay, Do I ship that so called incompatible SOUND app?
No
Its a part of google apps(gapps) package and Since i don't ship that app don't ask me to fix that. Well its a free world, You can hope for anything but let me make this clear here itself I am not gonna fix any incompatibility that is caused by other packages.

My builds with the default explorer and selecting mechanism has no issue in setting ringtones. Sound app crash happens because the gapps bundled wrong apk for arm architecture and its not my duty to fix their mistake

That's ok.. I was not aware of this. Thanks for explaining. You really have been doing a great work supporting this ROM till date. Thank you.

ravindraaec1@gmail.com

Nov 28, 2015
Best ROM I never use as a good . Battery backup rom before this.This ROM change & increase life my lenovo a6000 1 GB . Many many thanks now I can say I have a perfect & fast lenovo mobile.

ravindraaec1@gmail.com

Nov 28, 2015
Brother new update 06/08/2019 not working. When sleeping mode incoming call not coming and phone is not awakeing (starting) again. Screen always black shown or on/off not working.

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

Brother new update 06/08/2019 not working.

dev_harsh1998

Recognized Developer
Apr 25, 2014
Varanasi
Time for update.
  • August kernel & Android Security Bulletin Patches merged
  • Past kernel changes & optimizations of last 2 month
  • Completely Shifted to arm optimized routines
  • Update android math libraries from freebsd OSS
  • Fixed Dalvik's value not being applied sometimes.
  • Initial sepolicies

Note:- Dirty Flash from previous lineage build is fine but after boot give device time to settle down, might take 2-3 cycles for phone, Clean flash is recommended if you are migrating from other rom that includes wiping even the internal storage.

If you are on the last stable build you should be getting ota for the current build and you can update directly from there.

Download:- lineage-16.0-20190808-UNOFFICIAL-a6000.zip

Last edited:

LoneBolo

Sep 16, 2016
London

This is amazing!
I have been using different ROMs for a long while (Cyan, Lineage, RR, AOSIP.......), jumping android version as soon as there was a new one, just to prove that this phone still can handle all of it (and that it's basically manufacturers that don't want to update perfectly capable phones).
You were the first to offer Pie to us, and it worked pretty damn well. I have used it since you have published it, and recently I thought I could try this one.
To my surprise, I got a notification about a system update!
I don't think I have ever had an OTA update - this was just an amazing feeling.

I've got a K-30W and everything works lovely.

You are a true magician! Excellent work!

Reactions: dev_harsh1998

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1200px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
    • Boots
    • Camera
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • GPS

Known issues:
    • None

Don't report about known issues, It will be ignored

Screenies?

Follow Instructions Carefully otherwise you will get error :
    • Flash latest TWRP Else you will get errors
    • Boot into your recovery
    • Wipe cache, dalvik's cache,system,data,internal storage
    • Flash ROM-Flash Gapps
    • Done-Reboot Now
    • Enjoy the clean rom

Downloads :
    Don't forget to press thanks
    Follow This Link Downloads

Source code:
    ROM: https://github.com/lineageos/android
    Device: dev-harsh1998/android_device_lenovo_a6000
    Kernel: dev-harsh1998/kernel_lenovo_msm8916
    Proprietary Vendor: dev-harsh1998/prorietary_vendor_lenovo

Our telegram group: Official Lenovo A6000 Dev & User Interaction chat

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS-16.0 for Lenovo A6000 and Lenovo A6000 Plus [UNIFIED], ROM for the Lenovo A6000/Plus

Contributors
    dev_harsh1998
    Source Code: http://github.com/lineageOS

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Hex Firmware Patch
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2019-03-02
    Last Updated 2019-08-10
    Time for an update

Changelog
    • Lineage Upstream & June Patch changes
    • Kernel patched against latest June vdic Hardening
    • Binder from Android-4.19-Q kernel common
    • Fixed kernel tmpfs panics.
    • Many more changes check my device repo on github for more information.

Instructions :- if you are on the previous build dirty flash would be enough for upgrade, but if you are migrating from another rom make sure you do a clean flash.

Downloads :- lineage-16.0-20190610-UNOFFICIAL-a6000.zip
    Frequently asked questions.

Q : I get error 255/7 while flashing from recovery
    A : Flash using correct TWRP.

Q : How do i flash rom?
    A : No rocket science Just wipe /system /cache /dalvik's cache & internal storage from twrp, Then simply flash the rom package and reboot.

Q : Can I dirty flash the next build?
    A : If you are upgrading from previous builds of this rom to the current builds then O'course you can dirty flash by just flashing the new rom package , gapps package and wiping both the cache partition however i advice you to refrain from doing dirty flash. Follow the instructions if posted after a build drop and flash the package accordingly if instructions explicitly mention about clean flashing.

Q : Where do i get compatible gapps/ I can't signIn into google play?
    A : Get your Gapps from OpenGapps.org, only use Pico or nano! If you want my support.

Q : Is root access included in this Rom?
    A : No it is not. Some testers have had success with Magisk though.

Q : Can I flash ABC mod? Does the ROM support it?
    A : Yeah sure, but I will not support you. And no, the ROM probably does not support it.

Q : Android go, when?
    A : Decided to disable it for now for good

Q : Is VOLTE supported ?
    A : No.

Q : Is the ROM suited for daily usage ?
    A : Yes, Looks like all basic daily usage stuff is functional.

Q : WHEN UPDATE?? GIB UPDATE PL0X.
    A : I only post updates when there's a decent list of changes. I'm a college student and there's only so much I can do. Please do not spam my PM regarding this.
    I will not respond to any messages demanding ETAs
    Time for update.
    • August kernel & Android Security Bulletin Patches merged
    • Past kernel changes & optimizations of last 2 month
    • Completely Shifted to arm optimized routines
    • Update android math libraries from freebsd OSS
    • Fixed Dalvik's value not being applied sometimes.
    • Initial sepolicies

Note:- Dirty Flash from previous lineage build is fine but after boot give device time to settle down, might take 2-3 cycles for phone, Clean flash is recommended if you are migrating from other rom that includes wiping even the internal storage.

If you are on the last stable build you should be getting ota for the current build and you can update directly from there.

Download:- lineage-16.0-20190808-UNOFFICIAL-a6000.zip
    Time for update(More perf bump!!! Enjoy!)

Read the changelog:- here!

Downloads?
    Method 1:-
    -> People on the previous build should be getting a OTA notification or can manually check for update via the updater app and can update from there.

Method 2:
    Those who want to update manually can download the build from my basketbuild folder (Linked in the first post of this thread) flash it from recovery and reboot.

Clean flash?
    If you are upgrading from previous build to the current build then there is no need of doing clean flash, Just simply flash the new package and reboot. If you are coming from some other rom you have to do a clean flash that includes wiping your internal storage else your bug reports would be ignored.

Regards,
    Harsh!t Jain