[ROM][STABLE][AUG]LineageOS-16.0[F2FS][A6000/A6000 Plus][UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

cfpn70

Aug 9, 2019
Camera

This is amazing!
I have been using different ROMs for a long while (Cyan, Lineage, RR, AOSIP.......), jumping android version as soon as there was a new one, just to prove that this phone still can handle all of it (and that it's basically manufacturers that don't want to update perfectly capable phones).
You were the first to offer Pie to us, and it worked pretty damn well. I have used it since you have published it, and recently I thought I could try this one.
To my surprise, I got a notification about a system update!
I don't think I have ever had an OTA update - this was just an amazing feeling.

I've got a K-30W and everything works lovely.

You are a true magician! Excellent work!

What about your camera? I've got blurry camera, in default camera app and especially when making video call on whatsapp

LoneBolo

Sep 16, 2016
London
What about your camera? I've got blurry camera, in default camera app and especially when making video call on whatsapp

Hi
Camera works perfectly.

Are you on Wi-Fi when making whatsapp video calls? What's your signal strength? 3G - 4G?

Usually it's all about data speeds - if your speed is low, whatsapp (and skype) will lower the quality of the video, just to have response times better.
In simple terms - you can't push bricks through a garden hose, but the bricks are replaced with pebbles.

Reactions: dev_harsh1998

dev_harsh1998

Recognized Developer
Apr 25, 2014
Varanasi
I've been shipping stock camera libraries apart from 2 that I had to build again for oreo because of new android libc changes because of which a few atomic symbols went missing, however those changes have nothing to do with the camera quality "The quality is comparable to stock LP S031" and when it comes to video calls its upto the providers and network quality based on which these apps compress the image stream for fluent and seamless video calls if the data speeds are less, then for sure the compression of image stream would be high resulting in blurry stream on video calls and make sure your camera lens are intact, unscratched and original, Try google duo on some high speed network that works well for me, At last all falls upon the application and network quality.

cfpn70

Aug 9, 2019
Whatsapp video call too loud

I have a problem with Whatsapp video calls, the volume of the conversation on the earpiece or headset is too loud even on the lowest setting, I have to put the phone away from my ear in order to hear.
This is only on Whatsapp Video Calls. In regular phone calls and Whatsapp voice calls it is normal and I can lower the earpiece volume normally.
Anything I can do to fix this? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling a different version of Whatsapp but it didn't fix the problem.
Any app that can lower the volume even more?
Thank you kindly in advance.

Reactions: mantinman12

kamibobonation

Oct 10, 2019
Sorry noob question here. I am new to modifying phones, and I have read some of your posts. I don't seem to fully understand on how to safely implement F2FS on A6000.
May you or someone help me about this? Please do. :( :(

Side note, my sim card can't be detected, and my phone model (Philippines btw) only support ONE sim. Is there something that I should modify before flashing this ROM, or this ROM isn't just compatible with my device?

Kind regards.

michael3dell

Jul 21, 2017
cairo
no need for F2FS

Sorry noob question here. I am new to modifying phones, and I have read some of your posts. I don't seem to fully understand on how to safely implement F2FS on A6000.
May you or someone help me about this? Please do. :( :(

Side note, my sim card can't be detected, and my phone model (Philippines btw) only support ONE sim. Is there something that I should modify before flashing this ROM, or this ROM isn't just compatible with my device?

Kind regards.

i don't recommend using F2FS
i tried this rom using both F2FS and EXT4 and i didn't notice any difference in speed
F2FS is not stable as EXT4
watch this video of a comparison between F2FS and EXT4 on an (LG device ) and you will understand what i mean
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-T3s89yV48

runningdap

May 9, 2010
Athens
I just installed this ROM, boots great and everything seems to be fine. Any idea why the device doesn't recognise that a SIM card is in place?

EDIT: I re-installed the ROM, with gapps nano and everything works wonders now

Last edited:

vardel

Oct 27, 2019
Can anyone help me, because i can't find any working solution for this problem
After i clean flash the phone with this ROM, All of the sound started to have low volume/distorion and there's a cracking sound. Even when i use a headphones. I've tried use the audio compability patch and it still not resolved.
I've flash the march build and august build twice and the sound still cracking
Any idea why's that happen?

Indranil0

• Sep 13, 2016
    Realme 5 Pro
    Redmi 9
    Can anyone help me, because i can't find any working solution for this problem
    After i clean flash the phone with this ROM, All of the sound started to have low volume/distorion and there's a cracking sound. Even when i use a headphones. I've tried use the audio compability patch and it still not resolved.
    I've flash the march build and august build twice and the sound still cracking
    Any idea why's that happen?

try viper4android and lower the master gain, it's worked for me.

vardel

Oct 27, 2019
    try viper4android and lower the master gain, it's worked for me.
    Didn't work for me, the volume still low and cracking so bad :(
    But sometimes the sound came back normally just a few seconds, then it's back again. It came so randomly
    Maybe caused by hardware problem?

safiulla

Mar 30, 2016
    Problem with internal storage
    1.i've tried to clear cache of each app. That's works fine but still dont get more free storage.
    2.then i restart my phone I've get upto 1 GB free storage.
    Anyone give me solution .... Because every time I've to restart for clear storage.....

Last edited:

Hemanth Kenway

Jan 10, 2016
    Storage space Automatically decreasing

Ive Installed this ROM on my LenA6K plus and it went fine . but when i started using it the internal storage get filled up so fast without any good reason (the 5 - 10 GB space is occupied within one or two hours) and it shows Internal storage Full ) bytes left . and when i restart the phone i get all these space back.

in the settings it shows the space is occupied by android System Files

now after using for a while i got only 2 or 3 GB left so it gets filled up so frequently and i have to restart it again and again in minutes for using it
    please help me out

safiulla

Mar 30, 2016
    Storage issue

I have using lenovo A6000 with lineage os 16. Storage not insufficient after clearing cache of apps. Every time i have to restart my phone to clear storage. What is the reason behind this problem.anyone knows please reply me......

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      1200px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
      • Boots
      • Camera
      • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
      • Wi-Fi
      • Bluetooth
      • Video Playback
      • Audio
      • Sensors
      • GPS

Known issues:
      • None

Don't report about known issues, It will be ignored

Screenies?

Follow Instructions Carefully otherwise you will get error :
      • Flash latest TWRP Else you will get errors
      • Boot into your recovery
      • Wipe cache, dalvik's cache,system,data,internal storage
      • Flash ROM-Flash Gapps
      • Done-Reboot Now
      • Enjoy the clean rom

Downloads :
      Don't forget to press thanks
      Follow This Link Downloads

Source code:
      ROM: https://github.com/lineageos/android
      Device: dev-harsh1998/android_device_lenovo_a6000
      Kernel: dev-harsh1998/kernel_lenovo_msm8916
      Proprietary Vendor: dev-harsh1998/prorietary_vendor_lenovo

Our telegram group: Official Lenovo A6000 Dev & User Interaction chat

XDA:DevDB Information
      LineageOS-16.0 for Lenovo A6000 and Lenovo A6000 Plus [UNIFIED], ROM for the Lenovo A6000/Plus

Contributors
      dev_harsh1998
      Source Code: http://github.com/lineageOS

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
      ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
      ROM Firmware Required: Hex Firmware Patch
      Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2019-03-02
      Last Updated 2019-08-10
      Time for an update

Changelog
      • Lineage Upstream & June Patch changes
      • Kernel patched against latest June vdic Hardening
      • Binder from Android-4.19-Q kernel common
      • Fixed kernel tmpfs panics.
      • Many more changes check my device repo on github for more information.

Instructions :- if you are on the previous build dirty flash would be enough for upgrade, but if you are migrating from another rom make sure you do a clean flash.

Downloads :- lineage-16.0-20190610-UNOFFICIAL-a6000.zip
      Frequently asked questions.

Q : I get error 255/7 while flashing from recovery
      A : Flash using correct TWRP.

Q : How do i flash rom?
      A : No rocket science Just wipe /system /cache /dalvik's cache & internal storage from twrp, Then simply flash the rom package and reboot.

Q : Can I dirty flash the next build?
      A : If you are upgrading from previous builds of this rom to the current builds then O'course you can dirty flash by just flashing the new rom package , gapps package and wiping both the cache partition however i advice you to refrain from doing dirty flash. Follow the instructions if posted after a build drop and flash the package accordingly if instructions explicitly mention about clean flashing.

Q : Where do i get compatible gapps/ I can't signIn into google play?
      A : Get your Gapps from OpenGapps.org, only use Pico or nano! If you want my support.

Q : Is root access included in this Rom?
      A : No it is not. Some testers have had success with Magisk though.

Q : Can I flash ABC mod? Does the ROM support it?
      A : Yeah sure, but I will not support you. And no, the ROM probably does not support it.

Q : Android go, when?
      A : Decided to disable it for now for good

Q : Is VOLTE supported ?
      A : No.

Q : Is the ROM suited for daily usage ?
      A : Yes, Looks like all basic daily usage stuff is functional.

Q : WHEN UPDATE?? GIB UPDATE PL0X.
      A : I only post updates when there's a decent list of changes. I'm a college student and there's only so much I can do. Please do not spam my PM regarding this.
      I will not respond to any messages demanding ETAs
      Time for update.
      • August kernel & Android Security Bulletin Patches merged
      • Past kernel changes & optimizations of last 2 month
      • Completely Shifted to arm optimized routines
      • Update android math libraries from freebsd OSS
      • Fixed Dalvik's value not being applied sometimes.
      • Initial sepolicies

Note:- Dirty Flash from previous lineage build is fine but after boot give device time to settle down, might take 2-3 cycles for phone, Clean flash is recommended if you are migrating from other rom that includes wiping even the internal storage.

If you are on the last stable build you should be getting ota for the current build and you can update directly from there.

Download:- lineage-16.0-20190808-UNOFFICIAL-a6000.zip
      Time for update(More perf bump!!! Enjoy!)

Read the changelog:- here!

Downloads?
      Method 1:-
      -> People on the previous build should be getting a OTA notification or can manually check for update via the updater app and can update from there.

Method 2:
      Those who want to update manually can download the build from my basketbuild folder (Linked in the first post of this thread) flash it from recovery and reboot.

Clean flash?
      If you are upgrading from previous build to the current build then there is no need of doing clean flash, Just simply flash the new package and reboot. If you are coming from some other rom you have to do a clean flash that includes wiping your internal storage else your bug reports would be ignored.

Regards,
      Harsh!t Jain