[ROM][STABLE][AUG]LineageOS-16.0[F2FS][A6000/A6000 Plus][UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

YeaPaul

Mar 1, 2017
great rom,, dev....
but i am missing the old force app like with back button feature ......................
??

Harsha93

Jul 11, 2018
Time for update(More perf bump!!! Enjoy!)

Read the changelog:- here!

Downloads?
Method 1:-
-> People on the previous build should be getting a OTA notification or can manually check for update via the updater app and can update from there.

Method 2:
Those who want to update manually can download the build from my basketbuild folder (Linked in the first post of this thread) flash it from recovery and reboot.

Clean flash?
If you are upgrading from previous build to the current build then there is no need of doing clean flash, Just simply flash the new package and reboot. If you are coming from some other rom you have to do a clean flash that includes wiping your internal storage else your bug reports would be ignored.

Regards,
Harsh!t Jain
Is this the speed we need(one plus)...?

dev_harsh1998

Recognized Developer
Apr 25, 2014
Varanasi
Live display not active.
can u add screenshot to QS:)

1-> I've killed live display on purpose because it wasn't compatible with lenovo's mdss hack that they have used to get the framebuffer context passing, I have no intention to rewrite Lenovo's dumb code so as to bring live display back If someone has much free time and skills he is more than welcome to contribute to my repo and rewrite, but things like this don't happen dunno why all depend so much.

2-> I am least intrested in that, Well I have accepted your suggedtion if my fingers feel like You may get that in may builds.

Someone please check manual network selection available under settings->network and internet->Untick automatic selection, And see whether if it fails or the selection list for manually picking network pops up. I guess i left this glitch from my end if someone can confirm I'll roll out a fix asap.

Last edited:

ABack.21

Jan 17, 2019
Asian
1-> I've killed live display on purpose because it wasn't compatible with lenovo's mdss hack that they have used to get the framebuffer context passing, I have no intention to rewrite Lenovo's dumb code so as to bring live display back If someone has much free time and skills he is more than welcome to contribute to my repo and rewrite, but things like this don't happen dunno why all depend so much.

2-> I am least intrested in that, Well I have accepted your suggedtion if my fingers feel like You may get that in may builds.

Someone please check manual network selection available under settings->network and internet->Untick automatic selection, And see whether if it fails or the selection list for manually picking network pops up. I guess i left this glitch from my end if someone can confirm I'll roll out a fix asap.

Thanks men very much.
and i checked. manual network selection available.
when i untick automatic then no choise appear. :)

Reactions: alaconda1212

ABack.21

Jan 17, 2019
Asian

And i using this rom 20190305 . if u need any somethings then tell me. wating for update with screenshot, Balanced performance multitasking like version before.
thanks men dev_harsh :eek::D

dev_harsh1998

Recognized Developer
Apr 25, 2014
Varanasi
And i using this rom 20190305 . if u need any somethings then tell me. wating for update with screenshot, Balanced performance multitasking like version before.
thanks men dev_harsh :eek::D

There are perf issues on current build? Perf is superfine for me are you expecting it to go oneplus like or what don't forget this is an msm8916 lol not sdm845, and I have currently tuned perf to the peak there are no speck for improvement on it and if you see someway you are open to contribute it to my repos, I'll run a build. Coming over to the screenshot thing is "It will take may" to drop as I have no time and since the network selection bug was from my end I have resolved it and you people will be getting an ota with a fix for it as soon as I push it.

Last edited:

putrahu

Jan 23, 2016
Got it :good: , but not yet download..

You can check changelog in Updater->Show Changelog

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190312-185430_Updater.png
    Screenshot_20190312-185430_Updater.png
    48.3 KB · Views: 545

dev_harsh1998

Recognized Developer
Apr 25, 2014
Varanasi
now i will install 2019-03-09. but i dont know changlog for this version and it have screen shot in QS?:)

Told ya I'll integrate that in may dude!! Calm your horses(You all know, how bad it'll be if i get triggered so STOP asking again and again i am getting irritated, The device might actually die just because of you if I quit it cause i dont see anyone enough smart to get it running any further), changelogs can be directly checked via updater.

Last edited:

michael3dell

Jul 21, 2017
cairo
Told ya I'll integrate that in may dude!! Calm your horses(You all know, how bad it'll be if i get triggered so STOP asking again and again i am getting irritated, The device might actually die just because of you if I quit it cause i dont see anyone enough smart to get it running any further), changelogs can be directly checked via updater.
Wow :cowboy:
You make this old device so powerful
We got many up-to-date Roms to use
I am so grateful ?❤️

Kashish64

Jun 3, 2018
1200px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
  • Boots
  • Camera
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • Video Playback
  • Audio
  • Sensors
  • GPS

Known issues:
  • Selinux is permissive.

Don't report about known issues, It will be ignored

Screenies?

Follow Instructions Carefully otherwise you will get error :
  • Flash latest TWRP Else you will get errors
  • Boot into your recovery
  • Wipe cache, dalvik's cache,system,data,internal storage
  • Flash ROM-Flash Gapps
  • Done-Reboot Now
  • Enjoy the clean rom

Downloads :
Single build is compatible across all the A6000 variants!. That means same package is to be flashed on Lenovo A6000/Lenovo A6000 Plus & Lenovo A6000 SE, The package also works on Lenovo K30-T/W and Lenovo K3 Music lemon

Don't forget to press thanks

Follow This Link Downloads

Source code:
ROM: https://github.com/lineageos/android
Device: dev-harsh1998/android_device_lenovo_a6000
Kernel: dev-harsh1998/kernel_lenovo_msm8916
Proprietary Vendor: dev-harsh1998/prorietary_vendor_lenovo

Our telegram group: Official Lenovo A6000 Dev & User Interaction chat

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS-16.0 for Lenovo A6000 and Lenovo A6000 Plus [UNIFIED], ROM for the Lenovo A6000/Plus

Contributors
dev_harsh1998
Source Code: http://github.com/lineageOS

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Hex Firmware Patch
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2019-03-02
Last Updated 2019-03-02

This rom is so much stable and good then other pie roms out there i have tried yet. I have given it root access by flashing magisk and i am also using some modules like volume steps and some emoji change and they all seem working pretty well. The only thing i am missing is night light but otherwise its an awesome rom. A huge thanks to the dev. for making this device work at latest Android.

Reactions: venkatesh nanduri

Harsha93

Jul 11, 2018
Yeah night light and also if possible least brightness could be decreased further Har****..in dark if it goes very low brightness in brightness slider it helps?
Could you please consider these if possible?

dev_harsh1998

Recognized Developer
Apr 25, 2014
Varanasi
Yeah night light and also if possible least brightness could be decreased further Har****..in dark if it goes very low brightness in brightness slider it helps?
Could you please consider these if possible?

Decreasing brightness any further would cause flickering because the refresh rate of our panel at lower brightness starts to behave weirdly Thanks to the worst possible quality hardware that lenovo decided to put in Only possibility is rewriting and adjusting the panel dts and No one has got that much time to put in this braindead device and rewrite stuff which again goes in vain, I guess I already told about why I have removed live display and stuffs like nightlight give it a read in this thread. Anyway if you are willing you are open to contribute and fix the lenovo codes then I'd consider your requests.

Last edited:
Reactions: zoel.fahmi

Kashish64

Jun 3, 2018
Decreasing brightness any further would cause flickering because the refresh rate of our panel at lower brightness starts to behave weirdly Thanks to the worst possible quality hardware that lenovo decided to put in Only possibility is rewriting and adjusting the panel dts and No one has got that much time to put in this braindead device and rewrite stuff which again goes in vain, I guess I already told about why I have removed live display and stuffs like nightlight give it a read in this thread. Anyway if you are willing you are open to contribute and fix the lenovo codes then I'd consider your requests.

A noob question. What if we could just use the gpu for screen so that it doesn't flicker by disabling overlays from developer options. I don't know much so just asking. Will it work?

zoel.fahmi

Apr 28, 2016
Lenovo A6000/Plus
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
A noob question. What if we could just use the gpu for screen so that it doesn't flicker by disabling overlays from developer options. I don't know much so just asking. Will it work?
The thing is it could be the hardware or software (lcd driver) also possible both hardware and software
Using the GPU doesn't help here

Reactions: dev_harsh1998

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1200px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
    • Boots
    • Camera
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • GPS

Known issues:
    • None

Don't report about known issues, It will be ignored

Screenies?

Follow Instructions Carefully otherwise you will get error :
    • Flash latest TWRP Else you will get errors
    • Boot into your recovery
    • Wipe cache, dalvik's cache,system,data,internal storage
    • Flash ROM-Flash Gapps
    • Done-Reboot Now
    • Enjoy the clean rom

Downloads :
    Don't forget to press thanks
    Follow This Link Downloads

Source code:
    ROM: https://github.com/lineageos/android
    Device: dev-harsh1998/android_device_lenovo_a6000
    Kernel: dev-harsh1998/kernel_lenovo_msm8916
    Proprietary Vendor: dev-harsh1998/prorietary_vendor_lenovo

Our telegram group: Official Lenovo A6000 Dev & User Interaction chat

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS-16.0 for Lenovo A6000 and Lenovo A6000 Plus [UNIFIED], ROM for the Lenovo A6000/Plus

Contributors
    dev_harsh1998
    Source Code: http://github.com/lineageOS

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Hex Firmware Patch
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2019-03-02
    Last Updated 2019-08-10
    Time for an update

Changelog
    • Lineage Upstream & June Patch changes
    • Kernel patched against latest June vdic Hardening
    • Binder from Android-4.19-Q kernel common
    • Fixed kernel tmpfs panics.
    • Many more changes check my device repo on github for more information.

Instructions :- if you are on the previous build dirty flash would be enough for upgrade, but if you are migrating from another rom make sure you do a clean flash.

Downloads :- lineage-16.0-20190610-UNOFFICIAL-a6000.zip
    Frequently asked questions.

Q : I get error 255/7 while flashing from recovery
    A : Flash using correct TWRP.

Q : How do i flash rom?
    A : No rocket science Just wipe /system /cache /dalvik's cache & internal storage from twrp, Then simply flash the rom package and reboot.

Q : Can I dirty flash the next build?
    A : If you are upgrading from previous builds of this rom to the current builds then O'course you can dirty flash by just flashing the new rom package , gapps package and wiping both the cache partition however i advice you to refrain from doing dirty flash. Follow the instructions if posted after a build drop and flash the package accordingly if instructions explicitly mention about clean flashing.

Q : Where do i get compatible gapps/ I can't signIn into google play?
    A : Get your Gapps from OpenGapps.org, only use Pico or nano! If you want my support.

Q : Is root access included in this Rom?
    A : No it is not. Some testers have had success with Magisk though.

Q : Can I flash ABC mod? Does the ROM support it?
    A : Yeah sure, but I will not support you. And no, the ROM probably does not support it.

Q : Android go, when?
    A : Decided to disable it for now for good

Q : Is VOLTE supported ?
    A : No.

Q : Is the ROM suited for daily usage ?
    A : Yes, Looks like all basic daily usage stuff is functional.

Q : WHEN UPDATE?? GIB UPDATE PL0X.
    A : I only post updates when there's a decent list of changes. I'm a college student and there's only so much I can do. Please do not spam my PM regarding this.
    I will not respond to any messages demanding ETAs
    Time for update.
    • August kernel & Android Security Bulletin Patches merged
    • Past kernel changes & optimizations of last 2 month
    • Completely Shifted to arm optimized routines
    • Update android math libraries from freebsd OSS
    • Fixed Dalvik's value not being applied sometimes.
    • Initial sepolicies

Note:- Dirty Flash from previous lineage build is fine but after boot give device time to settle down, might take 2-3 cycles for phone, Clean flash is recommended if you are migrating from other rom that includes wiping even the internal storage.

If you are on the last stable build you should be getting ota for the current build and you can update directly from there.

Download:- lineage-16.0-20190808-UNOFFICIAL-a6000.zip
    Time for update(More perf bump!!! Enjoy!)

Read the changelog:- here!

Downloads?
    Method 1:-
    -> People on the previous build should be getting a OTA notification or can manually check for update via the updater app and can update from there.

Method 2:
    Those who want to update manually can download the build from my basketbuild folder (Linked in the first post of this thread) flash it from recovery and reboot.

Clean flash?
    If you are upgrading from previous build to the current build then there is no need of doing clean flash, Just simply flash the new package and reboot. If you are coming from some other rom you have to do a clean flash that includes wiping your internal storage else your bug reports would be ignored.

Regards,
    Harsh!t Jain