[ROM][STABLE] LineageOS 17.1 for the Xperia Z5 Premium

Search This thread

matbarni

Dec 30, 2010
Hello, first of all, thanks for this ROM.

For some reason I have several bugs:
1 - Since first install, display backlight flickers every time I turn on/unlock the phone, going back to stock does not revert it, permanently damaged display. It was perfectly working a few hours ago in stock ROM.
2 - Sometimes half the display bugs and shows artifact lines in TWRP, maybe related to #1
3 - Charging time is super high
4 - Phone is super hot and laggy doing the most mundane tasks
5 - In versions 17 or 18 of Lineage, several tools, configuration screens and so on seem so different from AOSP or base Lineage, and I don't understand why.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vetkor

1 - Since first install, display backlight flickers every time I turn on/unlock the phone, going back to stock does not revert it, permanently damaged display. It was perfectly working a few hours ago in stock ROM.
2 - Sometimes half the display bugs and shows artifact lines in TWRP, maybe related to #1
5 - In versions 17 or 18 of Lineage, several tools, configuration screens and so on seem so different from AOSP or base Lineage, and I don't understand why.
Getting your display damaged by a custom ROM is rare but possible. I remember reading about people getting their displays messed up by buggy kernels on the Xperia SP, and the only solution was to flash a stock Sony firmware and to reboot several times.

Just to clear some doubts and make sure we're on the same page: has your display ever been replaced, or your phone been repaired in any other way? My display began to flicker even on stock ROMs after it got water damaged. Some aftermarket (non OEM/genuine) display panels are made just compatible enough to work with the stock firmware (and even then, only some versions of it), so using a custom ROM could trip strange behavior on them or straight up leave them unusable.

Vetkor

1) Well, i already mentioned on the LOS 18.1 that i also experience "display backlight flickers". And i believe it comes from TWRP even with stock rom still installed. But when you remove TWRP (and probabaly when you also reinstall fresh stock OS) there is no more screen blackligh flicker issue ;)
So it is not permanently damaged display in my case. I've done a lot of flash from stock os/lineage

2) Quite interesting, that issues also happens without any modification on my Z5P

3)I cannot confirm, i find it acceptable

4) True, WIFI seems to be the problem. When i'have the device using WIFI for video watching over youtube like apps, the devices gets super hot. Nearly 47'C

5) i dont know XD

matbarni

Dec 30, 2010
Getting your display damaged by a custom ROM is rare but possible. I remember reading about people getting their displays messed up by buggy kernels on the Xperia SP, and the only solution was to flash a stock Sony firmware and to reboot several times.

Just to clear some doubts and make sure we're on the same page: has your display ever been replaced, or your phone been repaired in any other way? My display began to flicker even on stock ROMs after it got water damaged. Some aftermarket (non OEM/genuine) display panels are made just compatible enough to work with the stock firmware (and even then, only some versions of it), so using a custom ROM could trip strange behavior on them or straight up leave them unusable.
Thanks for your reply.

Never replaced the display and the phone itself is in pristine condition. The only thing a little bit hurt is the battery.

The erratic display behavior is constant. If I lock the phone and wait a minute or so, when unlocked, half the screen is white/black distorted lines and the backlight flickers.

Unfortunately this must be closely related to GPU and Display drivers and binaries that Sony will never release.

Joel16

Sep 3, 2013
hello joe. hope you are doing okay
i wanted to know if you are pushing an update for LOS 17.1 cause it is a great rom with good performance!

and R you going to build a12 when it's released?
thanks in advance
I am thinking of discontinuing 17.1 to be honest. Don't want to maintain 3 different versions. In my opinon Oreo seems to be the one working the best, but then theres 17.1/18.1 and I haven't really compared the two much. However I'll be updating 18.1 shorty.

Reactions: Medzik

Medzik

Nov 15, 2020
I am thinking of discontinuing 17.1 to be honest. Don't want to maintain 3 different versions. In my opinon Oreo seems to be the one working the best, but then theres 17.1/18.1 and I haven't really compared the two much. However I'll be updating 18.1 shorty.
I'm waiting for those update 18.1 :)

Joel16

Sep 3, 2013
New release 20211005

Change-log:

- Upstream changes from lineage 17.1 sources.
- Sept 2021 security patches.
- Based on 18.1 kernel changes.
- Read model name from /lta-label instead of its block device.
- Switch to AOSP fingerprint HAL v2.1.
- Add some power tweaks and switch to OP2 Perf/Thermal stack.
- Update some audio props and build sound-trigger HAL v2.0.
- Update device props from stock release build. (Passed SafetyNet ctsProfile checking)
- Other misc/minor changes.

Current outstanding bugs:
- Video camera is laggy when using front cam.

Download:
ROM | d00a481cad0311929448c2c8f5037d95

Reactions: newbiez5p
New release 20211005

Change-log:

- Sept 2021 security patches.
- Based on 18.1 kernel changes.
- Read model name from /lta-label instead of its block device.
- Switch to AOSP fingerprint HAL v2.1.
- Add some power tweaks and switch to OP2 Perf/Thermal stack.
- Update some audio props and build sound-trigger HAL v2.0.
- Update device props from stock release build. (Passed SafetyNet ctsProfile checking)
- Other misc/minor changes.

Download:
ROM | d00a481cad0311929448c2c8f5037d95
Okay. I have bad news! I installed rom twice. Once with gapps and once without it to make sure there is no problem related to gapps. Fingerprint works but at the end touch for finalizing it, it gives the error which you can see in photo below.
And IMEI lost in this rom. I tried placing my sim card in both slot 1 and 2 and no luck! It didn't work. I know it's not a problem with my phone cause i went back to LOS 15.1 now and both Fingerprint and also sim work just fine. Hope you can solve these problems 🤍

Attachments

• 20211006_091611.jpg
    20211006_091611.jpg
    946.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 20211006_092727.jpg
    20211006_092727.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 79

Joel16

Sep 3, 2013
Okay. I have bad news! I installed rom twice. Once with gapps and once without it to make sure there is no problem related to gapps. Fingerprint works but at the end touch for finalizing it, it gives the error which you can see in photo below.
And IMEI lost in this rom. I tried placing my sim card in both slot 1 and 2 and no luck! It didn't work. I know it's not a problem with my phone cause i went back to LOS 15.1 now and both Fingerprint and also sim work just fine. Hope you can solve these problems 🤍
Thanks for reporting, I'll try to get these issues sorted out when I get some time. I'd say either stick with 18.X or the older 17.1/15.1 builds for now.

owenfernaldi

Jan 18, 2018
LineageOS is a free and open-source operating system for various devices, based on the Android mobile platform.

Disclaimer:
It is your decision to install this software on your device. Neither LineageOS developers nor I take any responsibility for any damage that may occur from installing this software on your device.

LphNRa1.png
9oxWmlk.png

Notes:
This rom does not come pre-rooted or bundled with any modifications or apps. The device tree is heavily based off of sumire's lineage 17.1 device tree with only the device specific modifications required for Satsuki (Z5 Premium).

Download:
Android File Host: ROM | d00a481cad0311929448c2c8f5037d95

Prerequisites:
- Make sure you're coming from firmware 32.4.A.1.54 before flashing this rom.
- Bootloader needs to be unlocked.
- Ensure that you have TWRP recovery from here.

Install:
1) Reboot into TWRP Recovery.
2) Select Wipe -> Swipe to factory reset -> Advanced Wipe -> Dalvik /ART Cache, System, Cache and Data -> Swipe to Wipe.
3) Go back to TWRP's main menu -> Select Install -> Locate and choose lineage-17.1-2021XXXX-UNOFFICIAL-satsuki.zip file -> Swipe to confirm flash.

Bugs/Not Working:

If you encounter any other bug that are not mentioned in this list please provide a logcat and the steps necessary to reproduce the bug in detail (if necessary).

Sources:

Kernel
Device Tree (Satsuki | kitakami-common)

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z5 Premium

Contributors
Joel16, tarkzim
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information
Stable
Current Stable Version: 20211005
Stable Release Date: 2020-10-26

Created 2020-02-14
Last Updated 2021-10-05
does it work on so-03h z5 premium docomo ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free and open-source operating system for various devices, based on the Android mobile platform.

Disclaimer:
    It is your decision to install this software on your device. Neither LineageOS developers nor I take any responsibility for any damage that may occur from installing this software on your device.

9oxWmlk.png

Notes:
    This rom does not come pre-rooted or bundled with any modifications or apps. The device tree is heavily based off of sumire's lineage 17.1 device tree with only the device specific modifications required for Satsuki (Z5 Premium).

Download:
    Android File Host: ROM | b2fd38613063894d4f2805e4b3739839

Prerequisites:
    - Make sure you're coming from firmware 32.4.A.1.54 before flashing this rom.
    - Bootloader needs to be unlocked.
    - Ensure that you have TWRP recovery from here.

Install:
    1) Reboot into TWRP Recovery.
    2) Select Wipe -> Swipe to factory reset -> Advanced Wipe -> Dalvik /ART Cache, System, Cache and Data -> Swipe to Wipe.
    3) Go back to TWRP's main menu -> Select Install -> Locate and choose lineage-17.1-2022XXXX-UNOFFICIAL-satsuki.zip file -> Swipe to confirm flash.

Bugs/Not Working:

If you encounter any other bug that are not mentioned in this list please provide a logcat and the steps necessary to reproduce the bug in detail (if necessary).

Sources:

Kernel
    Device Tree (Satsuki | kitakami-common)

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z5 Premium

Contributors
    Joel16, tarkzim
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 20220308
    Stable Release Date: 2020-10-26

Created 2020-02-14
    Last Updated 2022-03-08
    Good day! I want to clarify how things are progressing in the development of the new firmware release?

At the moment development is going a little slow. I decided to go back to 15.1 in order to avoid the memory bugs since the kernel on 17.1 seems to be hurdled with them. At that moment I managed to fix manual network search issues, bundled with the ril wrapper by tarkzim, and RIL connectivity issues fixed by Berni, 15.1 only has the camera bug standing right now. I can't comment about camera because its still giving me + some other developers problems. Once/if it gets fixed on either 15.1 or 17.1 I'll start rolling out releases. However I cannot give any ETAs.
    New Release - 20200405

Change-log:
    - Upstream changes from lineage 17.1 sources
    - kitakami-common: Enable ZRAM with LZ4 compression (experimental fix for persistent memory issues)
    - kitakami-common: Import libril from hardware/ril (Fixes outgoing calls)
    - Many other changes can be found on git https://github.com/Sony-MSM8994-Dev

Bugs:
    - Camera still doesn't work.
    - Manual network search.

Download:
    lineage-17.1-20200405-UNOFFICIAL-satsuki.zip | f591369050a8931cf39986a2ce6ddfcb
    New release 20210421

Change-log:

- April 2021 security patches.
    - Fixed livedisplay kernel panic.
    - FM Radio is back.
    - Reduce echo while making phone calls.

Download:
    lineage-17.1-20210421-unofficial-satsuki.zip/ | 806391ec4cb555adf33b29764acf1cb6
    New release 20210316

Change-log:

- March 2021 security patches.
    - Possible WiFi fixes (please test and let me know if this works better)

Download:
    lineage-17.1-20210316-unofficial-satsuki.zip | 7302c122fa851eb8bce83ed519c471e6