[ROM][STABLE] LineageOS 17.1 for the Xperia Z5 Premium

Search This thread
Thank you for the great work. I tried clean flashing this new release yesterday and I have to say, in comparison to the previous builds, the overall performance has improved noticeably and the phone heats up less frequently. The main issue for me was the battery drain on standby (over night battery usage) which seems to be completely resolved.

The remaining issues are as follow:

1- Although improved, Wi-Fi still keeps disconnecting every now and then.
2- The mic performance in calls are O.K. but people can barely hear me on WhatsApp and telegram.
3- The camera focus issue which make it hard to use scanner apps to scan documents.

Again, thank you for all the efforts you have put into this ROM.
Hello bro. I wanted to know if you see any blinking in screen while turning on the screen. It's sometimes really hard to notice and it'll solve after a few seconds. If you see it please confirm so that dev can solve it.

Daniel_GB

Jul 30, 2010
Noshahr,IR
Hello bro. I wanted to know if you see any blinking in screen while turning on the screen. It's sometimes really hard to notice and it'll solve after a few seconds. If you see it please confirm so that dev can solve it.

Hello, I have not noticed such behavior since installing the ROM. It could be due to the fact that I don't use Auto Brightness adjustment...

Reactions: alkh301180

Omidbabadi11

Jan 15, 2021
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
New release 20210421 Change-log: - Upstream changes from lineage 17.1 sources. - April 2021 security patches. - Fixed livedisplay kernel panic. - FM Radio is back. - Reduce echo while making phone calls. Current outstanding bugs: - Video camera is laggy when using front cam. Download: lineage-17.1-20210421-unofficial-satsuki.zip/ | 806391ec4cb555adf33b29764acf1cb6
the overall performenc has been improved a lot
great job
testing som cod mobile and that was good.

Reactions: alkh301180

Machit0x

May 5, 2021
Hey, it worked perfectly on my z5 premiun (e6883) but i want to go back to the stock rom, can you explain me how can i do it? Thank´s!

Daniel_GB

Jul 30, 2010
Noshahr,IR
New release 20210421

Change-log:

- Upstream changes from lineage 17.1 sources.
- April 2021 security patches.
- Fixed livedisplay kernel panic.
- FM Radio is back.
- Reduce echo while making phone calls.

Current outstanding bugs:
- Video camera is laggy when using front cam.

Download:
lineage-17.1-20210421-unofficial-satsuki.zip/ | 806391ec4cb555adf33b29764acf1cb6

Can we have an underclocked version of the kernel?

Daniel_GB

Jul 30, 2010
Noshahr,IR
underclocked by how much? we're like at the performance limit, I feel like underclocking may hit performance.

The phone sometimes gets really hot, does this version of the ROM use SONY opensource thermmanager?

In fact it would be very nice if we can have two separate kernels as the summer is coming and we could select between different modes:

1. Stock Clock Kernel with a57@1.96GHz and a53@1.5GHz
2. Underclocked Kernel with a57@1.6GHz and a53@1.2GHz

Regards

Joel16

Sep 3, 2013
The phone sometimes gets really hot, does this version of the ROM use SONY opensource thermmanager?

In fact it would be very nice if we can have two separate kernels as the summer is coming and we could select between different modes:

1. Stock Clock Kernel with a57@1.96GHz and a53@1.5GHz
2. Underclocked Kernel with a57@1.6GHz and a53@1.2GHz

Regards
This kernel doesn't use sony's open source thermanager, I believe only my 15.1 ROM did/does. I'll look into this when I get some time. (Recently borked my android building machine, and I'm going to have to reinstall Ubuntu and get my build tools back up).

soulmad22

Jun 7, 2021
i try this room my device sony e6883 aka z5 premium dual , but i have some problem every after restart my phone fell lag , in 2-5 minut , and after that feling slow in slow

i m compared this rom with LoS 14.1 and 14.1 i think more smoth

i instaled this room with wipe data , dalvik , system , but my data apps not erase , after instaled , and i m using open gaaps pico ....

Vetkor

Hi everyone !
I've just installed this version of Lineage OS on my E6833.

It boots perfectly until pin code. And some seconds later, it comes back to lineage OS loading animation.
i did all necessary wipes as said in the little tuto.

I cant even access to Lineage OS wizard (it gets black screen like if it cant load it and then go backs to Lineage OS loading animation)
after formatting again and this time formating internal storage too it is not solving the issue.

I can say, i cannot use it on E6833 Z5P Dual.
Needs some improvements.

Medzik

Nov 15, 2020
Realme 8
Hi everyone !
I've just installed this version of Lineage OS on my E6833.

It boots perfectly until pin code. And some seconds later, it comes back to lineage OS loading animation.
i did all necessary wipes as said in the little tuto.

I cant even access to Lineage OS wizard (it gets black screen like if it cant load it and then go backs to Lineage OS loading animation)
after formatting again and this time formating internal storage too it is not solving the issue.

I can say, i cannot use it on E6833 Z5P Dual.
Needs some improvements.
Do you have the latest TWRP? And do you have gapps?

matbarni

Dec 30, 2010
Hello, first of all, thanks for this ROM.

For some reason I have several bugs:
1 - Since first install, display backlight flickers every time I turn on/unlock the phone, going back to stock does not revert it, permanently damaged display. It was perfectly working a few hours ago in stock ROM.
2 - Sometimes half the display bugs and shows artifact lines in TWRP, maybe related to #1
3 - Charging time is super high
4 - Phone is super hot and laggy doing the most mundane tasks
5 - In versions 17 or 18 of Lineage, several tools, configuration screens and so on seem so different from AOSP or base Lineage, and I don't understand why.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vetkor

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free and open-source operating system for various devices, based on the Android mobile platform.

Disclaimer:
    It is your decision to install this software on your device. Neither LineageOS developers nor I take any responsibility for any damage that may occur from installing this software on your device.

9oxWmlk.png

Notes:
    This rom does not come pre-rooted or bundled with any modifications or apps. The device tree is heavily based off of sumire's lineage 17.1 device tree with only the device specific modifications required for Satsuki (Z5 Premium).

Download:
    Android File Host: ROM | b2fd38613063894d4f2805e4b3739839

Prerequisites:
    - Make sure you're coming from firmware 32.4.A.1.54 before flashing this rom.
    - Bootloader needs to be unlocked.
    - Ensure that you have TWRP recovery from here.

Install:
    1) Reboot into TWRP Recovery.
    2) Select Wipe -> Swipe to factory reset -> Advanced Wipe -> Dalvik /ART Cache, System, Cache and Data -> Swipe to Wipe.
    3) Go back to TWRP's main menu -> Select Install -> Locate and choose lineage-17.1-2022XXXX-UNOFFICIAL-satsuki.zip file -> Swipe to confirm flash.

Bugs/Not Working:

If you encounter any other bug that are not mentioned in this list please provide a logcat and the steps necessary to reproduce the bug in detail (if necessary).

Sources:

Kernel
    Device Tree (Satsuki | kitakami-common)

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z5 Premium

Contributors
    Joel16, tarkzim
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 20220308
    Stable Release Date: 2020-10-26

Created 2020-02-14
    Last Updated 2022-03-08
    Good day! I want to clarify how things are progressing in the development of the new firmware release?

At the moment development is going a little slow. I decided to go back to 15.1 in order to avoid the memory bugs since the kernel on 17.1 seems to be hurdled with them. At that moment I managed to fix manual network search issues, bundled with the ril wrapper by tarkzim, and RIL connectivity issues fixed by Berni, 15.1 only has the camera bug standing right now. I can't comment about camera because its still giving me + some other developers problems. Once/if it gets fixed on either 15.1 or 17.1 I'll start rolling out releases. However I cannot give any ETAs.
    New Release - 20200405

Change-log:
    - Upstream changes from lineage 17.1 sources
    - kitakami-common: Enable ZRAM with LZ4 compression (experimental fix for persistent memory issues)
    - kitakami-common: Import libril from hardware/ril (Fixes outgoing calls)
    - Many other changes can be found on git https://github.com/Sony-MSM8994-Dev

Bugs:
    - Camera still doesn't work.
    - Manual network search.

Download:
    lineage-17.1-20200405-UNOFFICIAL-satsuki.zip | f591369050a8931cf39986a2ce6ddfcb
    New release 20210421

Change-log:

- April 2021 security patches.
    - Fixed livedisplay kernel panic.
    - FM Radio is back.
    - Reduce echo while making phone calls.

Current outstanding bugs:

Download:
    lineage-17.1-20210421-unofficial-satsuki.zip/ | 806391ec4cb555adf33b29764acf1cb6
    New release 20210316

Change-log:

- March 2021 security patches.
    - Possible WiFi fixes (please test and let me know if this works better)

Download:
    lineage-17.1-20210316-unofficial-satsuki.zip | 7302c122fa851eb8bce83ed519c471e6