[ROM][STABLE] LineageOS 18.1 for S7 Edge Exynos

zzz2002

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto
Phone seems to work well, but ....
I seem to have screwed up installing 18.1 or i have messed up some setting during the install.
Ivans 18.1, NikGapps and Magisk installed sequentially (no intermediate reboots) using TWRP.

I can not get write access to memory.
I have enabled debugging, and can, apparently, turn on USB file transfer. Except I cannot do anything with either internal memory or SD-Card. I get messages on my desktop system (debian (bullseye)) unable to connect to MTP OR mtp:....
I cannot install downloaded APKs, eg, FairMail beta from f-droid. Install seems to work but ends with app not installed.

What have I screwed up, can it be fixed, if so how?
----------------------------------------
Deleted

Last edited:

Mickafromparis

Oct 26, 2007
Hi all, being on LOS 17.1, I wanted to give this version a try but was not proposed to restore my Google account at first boot. Am I missing something? Thanks !

zzz2002

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto
Phone seems to work well, but ....
I seem to have screwed up installing 18.1 or i have messed up some setting during the install.
Ivans 18.1, NikGapps and Magisk installed sequentially (no intermediate reboots) using TWRP.

I can not get write access to memory.
I have enabled debugging, and can, apparently, turn on USB file transfer. Except I cannot do anything with either internal memory or SD-Card. I get messages on my desktop system (debian (bullseye)) unable to connect to MTP OR mtp:....
I cannot install downloaded APKs, eg, FairMail beta from f-droid. Install seems to work but ends with app not installed.

What have I screwed up, can it be fixed, if so how?
Could not find a fix. did a complete wipe and reinstall. Problem solved.
I suspect finger trouble on my part.
seems to work well, phone problem gone!!!!
Thanks Ivan

Reactions: old one2

oldredduck

Jan 14, 2007
Panningen
Again great work and thanks for the ROM Ivan Meler. You keep us hopeful with our S9 plus devices. Maybe I did something wrong, but magisk isn't working well for the safety check. Also chances of getting other sound for notification doesn't always work. I can change with the switch, choose an option but it doesn't stay. Maybe I should install again. I have NikkGapps. Thanks for any help /idees. Regards Alex

old one2

Jan 4, 2017
Hi all, I'm on LOS 17.1 by Ivan. For those who know both versions, would you recommend an upgrade? What are the benefits ? Thanks!
I was dropping calls since April, then had problems with WiFi. Swapped to LOS 18 and also opengapps pico test build (make sure its android 11!!) and now have no probs with either. I don't use WhatsApp or similar for calls so can't comment. My bank app also now works. Camera is the one thing I haven't cracked yet.
Using for approx 3 weeks and works well. Recommend.

Reactions: Mickafromparis

jllmoe

Dec 27, 2017
Sorry I forgot, additionally you need a Nikgapp add-on AndroidAuto
Thanks so much. now maps and AA both work flawlessly, even without the the add-on. Now the only thing that I really wanted is the heat rate/blood O2 monitoring in the Samsung Health app. I made the Samsung Health work but it lose the heat rate/blood O2 monitoring/measuring functions.

Cologneblood

Feb 25, 2018
Thanks so much. now maps and AA both work flawlessly, even without the the add-on. Now the only thing that I really wanted is the heat rate/blood O2 monitoring in the Samsung Health app. I made the Samsung Health work but it lose the heat rate/blood O2 monitoring/measuring functions.
Sorry, here I can't help, because I don't use that app. Perhaps it would be helpful to look / to ask in the Telegram group "S7 AOSP-like ROMs"

Ivan_Meler

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2012
Vukovar
New builds are up, And one big change is that hwc is back and ui should be smoother than ever
here is a brief changelog that explains other chnges too
- Fixed HWC
- Drastically improved performance and battery life
- Added back flicker free dimming and fast charging switch (Now as hiidl interfaces)
- Switched to samsungs DT2W driver used on AOD on stock (Battery life improvements)
- Added custom LiveDisplay modes
- Disabled some excess logging
- Cleaned up codebase

HWC took quite a bit of work to get working again (Thanks google..) but s7 lives to see yet another year on up to date version of android

Big thanks to everyone who donated as they help keep this project alive I do this in my free time and said donations help cover build server cost and get me coffee which in return helps solve bugs haha

Last edited:

lukash188

Mar 11, 2020
Is anyone experiencing problems with phone calls? I am able to call maybe 1 out of 10 times and the same is for receiving calls. Before installing, I wiped everything and then flashed rom, nikgapps(full) and magisk. Am I missing something?

lukash188

Mar 11, 2020
Is anyone experiencing problems with phone calls? I am able to call maybe 1 out of 10 times and the same is for receiving calls. Before installing, I wiped everything and then flashed rom, nikgapps(full) and magisk. Am I missing something?
Hi guys... I think I solved this problem by switching the Preferred network type in settings from 4G to 3G. As I changed this setting the phonecalls seem to work normally. Still, I would like to know, if someone else has a similar issue or it's only me.

Mickafromparis

Oct 26, 2007
Hi,
Could someone explain how to upgrade from LOS 17.1 without having to configure everything from scratch? Can't find how to backup from google properly. Thanks!