[ROM][STABLE] LineageOS 18.1 for S7 Exynos

fabritrento

Nov 19, 2020
I tryed this 18.1 build with google apps.
Audio of phone calls is very poor (low volume) with normal calls, and using speakerphone for calls results as echoes in the call.
Additionally the fingerprint sensor don't work with my homebanking app i must use pin instead.
Also the VoLTE function is missing... so when i receive calls, the 4G connection is switched down.
Additionally the microsd card FAT32 format are incompatible and you must format into lineage filesystem instead.

So think about it before you do the flash this version on the phone, the build are unstable and very buggly.
I reverded to original stock android 8 firmware.

deedubdevs

Jan 22, 2021
I did a clean install of this build.
Upon going to Settings > System > Advanced > Updater, it shows LineageOS 17.1 & Android 10.

Is this the case for anyone else, as well?

Nevermind, I never did flash this version. Dunce.

Last edited:

GorfDroid

Sep 24, 2014
Toronto
Audio of phone calls is very poor (low volume) with normal calls, and using speakerphone for calls results as echoes in the call.
Additionally the fingerprint sensor don't work with my homebanking app i must use pin instead.
Also the VoLTE function is missing... so when i receive calls, the 4G connection is switched down.
Additionally the microsd card FAT32 format are incompatible and you must format into lineage filesystem instead.

So think about it before you do the flash this version on the phone, the build are unstable and very buggly.
I am having none of those problems. I clean flashed.

Architect_Kev

Aug 23, 2020

I am not having problems. The fingerprint issue was addressed in a previous post where they said: you need to reinstall the app. The MicroSD issue is because android uses EXT4 for its filesystem so i get why it formats it. The voLTE i am not sure about.

Also if you have read the first page of the thread you would have come across this line: Take a note that a lot of LineageOS features have not been completed yet this is not a device bug and please do not report those.

some bugs can be expected but it isn't a barely/not functioning build. Please keep that in mind when installing it. There is no software development team that makes the updates it is 1 person only which does it in his free time.

guisam

Jan 8, 2016
I also had bootloops with the last version (202101) even with cleaning properly fingerprints and lockdb file. I had to reinstall nik gapps just after flashing the rom to boot successfully to lineage. hope this can help ! (and I also have the anoying echo issue with classic phone calls, that's my only problem with this great rom !)

QhyQhy

Oct 29, 2013
am I the only one to think that the "setting wheel" should not require to make the whole notification panel to appear before showing itself?

It should be on the first half like on other brands I had (Samsung or OnePlus) :)

how to make suggestion to lineageOS team? ^^

cali.s

Nov 3, 2009
I have been using this ROM since December and since the last build it has been stable for my needs, I have reinstalled the last version clean .

Ivan_Meler

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2012
Vukovar
New builds are up, And one big change is that hwc is back and ui should be smoother than ever
here is a brief changelog that explains other chnges too
- Fixed HWC
- Drastically improved performance and battery life
- Added back flicker free dimming and fast charging switch (Now as hiidl interfaces)
- Switched to samsungs DT2W driver used on AOD on stock (Battery life improvements)
- Added custom LiveDisplay modes
- Disabled some excess logging
- Cleaned up codebase

HWC took quite a bit of work to get working again (Thanks google..) but s7 lives to see yet another year on up to date version of android

Big thanks to everyone who donated as they help keep this project alive I do this in my free time and said donations help cover build server cost and get me coffee which in return helps solve bugs haha

Last edited:

RickBH

Nov 24, 2015
New builds are up, And one big change is that hwc is back and ui should be smoother than ever
here is a brief changelog that explains other chnges too
- Fixed HWC
- Drastically improved performance and battery life
- Added back flicker free dimming and fast charging switch (Now as hiidl interfaces)
- Switched to samsungs DT2W driver used on AOD on stock (Battery life improvements)
- Added custom LiveDisplay modes
- Disabled some excess logging
- Cleaned up codebase

HWC took quite a bit of work to get working again (Thanks google..) but s7 lives to see yet another year on up to date version of android

Big thanks to everyone who donated as they help keep this project alive I do this in my free time and said donations help cover build server cost and get me coffee which in return helps solve bugs haha
Tried on one phone and runs fine. Did clean install on my main phone and Nikgaps Android setup keeps quitting. Tried updating permissions but would not work and could not get google drive apps and settings back. Restored last 17.1 backup for now until I know that setup will work.

Ivan_Meler

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2012
Vukovar
Tried on one phone and runs fine. Did clean install on my main phone and Nikgaps Android setup keeps quitting. Tried updating permissions but would not work and could not get google drive apps and settings back. Restored last 17.1 backup for now until I know that setup will work.
I installed latest niksgapps too and had no issues with setup at all

Uuuuh mega link is down and google drive link is locked due to many downloads. Shucks.
Yeah I've been trying for a while now, no luck so far. Really want to try this new build.
Try again now, i updated links 2 more times as i decided to make some final changes (disabled some excess logging which was slowing things down)

RickBH

Nov 24, 2015
Downloaded the ROM again and tried clean install with Nikgaps latest and Nikgaps Android Setup. Android setup will not run, just get black screen so will try again with different gapps.

RickBH

Nov 24, 2015
Tried clean install on 2nd phone using Flamegapps full 210119 version and so far everything works. Did get restore from Google drive. Will see how it runs for a while before trying again on my main phone.