[ROM][STABLE] LineageOS 18.1 for S7 Exynos

Mohamedkam000

Feb 13, 2016
Khartoum
I'm using Samsung Galaxy s7 G930U. Can I get a direct link to flash Linage Os 18.1, and also twrp recovery.img. thanks for your efforts
Sorry buddy, your device is NOT eligible for intensive modifications, as your hardware is not the same as the international S7.

Check out:
Click here.

If you managed to flash Snapdragon TWRP, you may not be able to flash this ROM, and I highly recommend not to even try, as your device WILL literally die.

Check S7 Snapdragon section for ROMs.

7wells

Oct 9, 2019
@Ivan_Meler and everybody here:

Do the SamsungHealth and related apps work with this great LOS release? As I own a Samsung smartwatch, I would like to still have it synced with my S7.

Which camera would you recommend? Or which modifications (if there are such) for the camera app that comes with LOS 18.1?

It is a pity that the vendors' stock camera apps cannot be integrated in LOS (or other custom ROMS, if I see it correctly). Is there anything that could be done about this for LOS 18.1 on the S7 exynos (herolte)?

Anyway, thanks a lot @Ivan_Meler for the great work!

Helmy José

May 2, 2020
but it's a bummer that even following the steps to the letter, it crashes me .

"If you are coming from pre January 2021 build remove fingerprints and delete /data/system/locksettings.db this is needed due to mobicore version change which helped fix fingerprint with 3rd party secure apps"

kia5566

Mar 26, 2017
Upgraded from 17.1 by dirty flashing. So far it has been a smooth experience!

Haven't noticed any weird behaviour as of yet. I cant confirm connectivity probnlems mentiond earlier in this threath. 5Ghz WiFi N WPA2 IPv4 only (Ancient I know, but my ISP sucks Ziggo/Liberty Global) stable and fast connection. 4G data is also workign flawlessly.

Baseband: G930FXXU8ETI2
Hi dear, may I know how do you update your baseband while sticking to lineage os? I did some research on it but so far I can't get a clear answer. Do I need to go back to stock rom to update my good old baseband via odin? Or there is other trick get job done faster?

chomsky55

Sep 21, 2020
Amsterdam
Hi dear, may I know how do you update your baseband while sticking to lineage os? I did some research on it but so far I can't get a clear answer. Do I need to go back to stock rom to update my good old baseband via odin? Or there is other trick get job done faster?
You can update the baseband with Odin, no need to go back to stock rom.

Reactions: kia5566

cali.s

Nov 3, 2009
You can Download Firmware from sammobile and select your Country then Flash BL and CP in Odin only

sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-s7/firmware/SM-G930F

AP: is your system partition with recovery and stuff.
BL: your bootloader
CP: your modem
CSC: this is what features you get in some countries or carriers like Wi-Fi Calling.

CSC and AP is only for samsung stock rom
If you flash CSC will wipe your data.
If you flash CSC_HOME will not wipe your data.

Last edited:

kia5566

Mar 26, 2017
You can Download Firmware from sammobile and select your Country then Flash BL and CP in Odin only

sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-s7/firmware/SM-G930F

AP: is your system partition with recovery and stuff.
BL: your bootloader
CP: your modem
CSC: this is what features you get in some countries or carriers like Wi-Fi Calling.

If you flash CSC will wipe your data.
If you flash CSC_HOME will not wipe your data.
Great to hear! So to update the baseband will only need to flash latest BL, CP and CSC_HOME to keep recent data will do.

ds592

Feb 24, 2021
lineageos supports volte and vowifi, but samsung makes it hard to implement these features.
The thread below seems to indicate that it is possible to get Volte/wi-fi calling working on the SM-G930FD version of galaxy S7 (dual sim).

Is that only possible with the stock ROM and not lineage OS 18.1 ?
I am interested in wi-fi calling due to poor cellular signal on T-mobile network if possible.

switchboy

Dec 2, 2010
I found something that doesn't work. It is a little know/obscure feature of our devices unless you are a running or cycling enthousiast. And that is ANT+.

I recently bought a home trainer which is compatible with Zwift (kind of a serious video game where you can cycle in a virtual world). I can link my hometrainer via bluetooth and it works perfectly. However I would like to pair my Garmin forerunner 235 to have a heartrate monitor. Unfortunitly that watch only supports ANT+ for heartrate transmission. I used it succesfully with strava on the S7 in the past, but Zwift can't find the device.

So done some digging:
- reinstalled ANT Radio Service
- Anttester says built in ANT detected: NO

I happen to have my wife's old S7 with a broken screen with stock rom on it and it works there:

CM18.1:

Stock S7:

It might be just a permission issue. However ANT Radio Service never asks for permissions and I don't know how to give an app or service persmissions it is not asking for without root acces.

7wells

Oct 9, 2019
Sorry to bump this:
@Ivan_Meler and everybody here:

Do the SamsungHealth and related apps work with this great LOS release? As I own a Samsung smartwatch, I would like to still have it synced with my S7.

Which camera would you recommend? Or which modifications (if there are such) for the camera app that comes with LOS 18.1?

It is a pity that the vendors' stock camera apps cannot be integrated in LOS (or other custom ROMS, if I see it correctly). Is there anything that could be done about this for LOS 18.1 on the S7 exynos (herolte)?

Anyway, thanks a lot @Ivan_Meler for the great work!