• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Stable] MIUI 11 xiaomi.eu

Search This thread

alexandre221

May 3, 2013
Porto Alegre
i have unlocked the bootloader, installed oficial twrp, full wipe (data, cache, dalvik cache, internal and system), installed only the xiaomi.eu rom, no boot for me, only boots to recovery, what did i miss?

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

i have unlocked the bootloader, installed this oficial twrp, full wipe (data, cache, dalvik cache, internal and system), installed only the xiaomi.eu rom, no boot for me, only boots to recovery, what did i miss?

thanphong

Oct 25, 2013
Rom Eu pin trâu hơn Global không bạn?

rom gốc là MIUI 10, còn EU 11 rồi bác, 11 hơi ăn pin hơn 1 chút nhưng không đang kể, chưa kể lên EU dùng magisk có mấy module tùy chỉnh ngon hơn. Global tôi chưa dùng bác à, nhưng trước trên con rmn7p không thích lắm

i have unlocked the bootloader, installed oficial twrp, full wipe (data, cache, dalvik cache, internal and system), installed only the xiaomi.eu rom, no boot for me, only boots to recovery, what did i miss?

NEVER wipe system bro!!!!
Now you need miflash and flashing stock rom again, choose "clean all" ( DO NOT choose "clean all and lock"),
- install the TWRP,
- just wipe: data, cache, dalvik cache, internal (for clean encrypted)
- copy eu rom to internal then flash it
- finally clear cache and dalvik at the last screen and hit reboot.
- Your phone will boot on.
p/s: you can find the suitable fastboot rom in this site: https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/miui/ - make sure rom is in fastboot type (.tgz)

Last edited:
Reactions: Darth Inferno
G

GuestD2051

Can we install beta?

Rom is perfect. Must install.

Redmi 8 game performance is very good. O can play world of tanks on full graphics.

rsaka100

Jan 5, 2012
Agree! But...
For me, Rm8 is slow and laggy, but I think it's suitable for my mom, who don't need much, just simple things: calling, texting, and FM radio... Last, the most great thing is the battery life, really longgg :D
btw, Happy new year!

I don't think this. I buy it and for me is very well and I'm a Android user a long time ago from eclair version and I used Samsung, sony, lg, Huawei and more. To me it's a very good buy for the price. I'm in miui 11.0.3 official

Reactions: thanphong

thanphong

Oct 25, 2013
I don't think this. I buy it and for me is very well and I'm a Android user a long time ago from eclair version and I used Samsung, sony, lg, Huawei and more. To me it's a very good buy for the price. I'm in miui 11.0.3 official

Sorry I was not clear. I compared with other phones like rm7, rmn7... at the similar price.
And I agree with you, rm8's performance is OK for some games and basic purpose. I like this phone.

Arcandres

Mar 20, 2015
Can I install this ROM without worrying about to brick my phone by antirrollback or something that needs authorized account?

bertiespeed

Dec 27, 2011
Ontario
I would like to post my experience trying to install Xiaomi.eu rom on my RedMi 8. I tried all instructions you could find and no matter what always ended up in TWRP or fastboot boot loop or weird named folders and not being able to transfer the .zip. No idea why but seems to be different for some people so Below is my exact step on how it worked for me ! Super easy and basic, just a reminder that not everything you read is correct and might not work for you. Sorry this is a long post but i've been on XDA for quite awhile and problem is a lot of people don't explain properly or list proper detailed instructions leaving you scratching your head, that's what happened for me trying to install this basic rom. I hope this helps anyone facing the same issue i had..

So that said ONLY try this at your own risk this might not work for you and not responsible if anything happens to your device again this was my method and thought i would share

Device info and region:
RedMi 8 CN Global rom 4/64 gb edition model # M1908C3IE my location is in Ontario Canada.
My device came with unlocked bootloader so obviously that was easy.

Make sure your bootloader is unlocked would be First step

I Download Xiaomi.eu stable zip for HM8 (Olive)
I Download Official TWRP for RedMi 8 (Olive).

Extract TWRP or whatever you need to do to get the .img file. Rename to twrp or whatever you want. And I put the .img file in platform tools folder.

On my device i Turn off any passwords or security.

Enable Usb debugging in developer settings and set for file transfer.
Then i transfer the Xiaomi.eu Olive zip to root of device and powered off device.

Then i boot to Fastboot holding power and volume down.
Then I open command window in platform tools folder i type as follows:

fastboot devices

And make sure my device is listed
then i proceeded to flash TWRP as follows:

fastboot flash recovery twrp.img (or whatever you named the img file)

when install is complete i typed in command window as follows

fastboot boot twrp.img

When TWRP loads i go to install locate the .zip file and swipe to install the Xiaomi.eu Zip I transferred to my Redmi 8
wait for install to finnish.

When it's done go back and Format data, And Type yes

When done Reboot system .. First boot will take a good few mins that's normal ....

I can't say it will work for anyone else but this is my experience with it, all the directions I followed from here or there. Anytime i wiped anything in twrp before i installed the .zip i ended up having to flash back to stock rom using MiFlash... So I simply flashed over my stock global rom and format data AFTER installation complete and it booted! Super easy and was the trick for me and my RedMi 8 .. Good luck

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-02-13-08-24-48-921_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-02-13-08-24-48-921_com.android.settings.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:
Reactions: frogst

Arcandres

Mar 20, 2015
i'd like to post my experience trying to install Xiaomi.eu rom on my RedMi 8. I have tried any instructions you could find and always ended up in a twrp bootloop. No idea why but seems to be different for some people so Below is my exact step on how it worked for me !

So that said ONLY try this at your own risk this might not work for you and not responsible if anything happens to your device again this was my method and thought i would share

Device info and region:
RedMi 8 CN Global rom edition model # M1908C3IE my location is in Ontario Canada.
My device came with unlocked bootloader so obviously that was easy.

Make sure your bootloader is unlocked would be First step

I Download Xiaomi.eu stable zip for MH8 (Olive)
I Download Official TWRP for RedMi 8 (Olive).

extract or whatever you need to do to get the .img file. Rename to twrp or whatever you want.

On my device i Turn of any passwords or security.

Enable Usb debugging in developer settings and set for file transfer.
Then i transfer the Xiaomi.eu Olive zip to root of device and powered off device.

Then i boot to Fastboot holding power and volume down.
Then in Command window i type as follows:

fastboot devices

And make sure my device is listed
then i proceeded to flash TWRP as follows:

fastboot flash recovery twrp.img (or whatever you named the img file)

when install is complete i typed in command window as follows

fastboot boot twrp.img

When TWRP loads i go to install locate the .zip file and swipe to install the Xiaomi.eu Zip I transferred to my Redmi 8
wait for install to finnish.

When it's done go back and Format data, Type yes

When done Reboot system .. I can't say it will work for anyone else but this is my experience with it, anytime i wiped anything in twrp before i installed the .zip i ended up in TWRP boot loop so flashed over my stock global rom and format data after was the trick for me and my RedMi 8 .. Good luck
Thanks for sharing, I still gotta wait 150 hours for bootloader to unlock. How's your experience so far? any issues? and I think you had issues flashing because of the device region.

Reactions: bertiespeed

bertiespeed

Dec 27, 2011
Ontario
Thanks for sharing, I still gotta wait 150 hours for bootloader to unlock. How's your experience so far? any issues? and I think you had issues flashing because of the device region.

So far so good, everything is working for me in Canada as it should. Overall the roms performance is better than stock MIUI 11 and gained about 9gb of storage.

Reactions: Arcandres

Top Liked Posts