• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Stable] MIUI 11 xiaomi.eu

Search This thread

kjeasan

Apr 28, 2013
Dhaka
hi.,
i have been trying to flash xiaomi.eu rom on my redmi 8 but failing miserably,(this not my first time flshing roms on devices,i used redmi note 3 pro and redmi 5 plus before)
I install twrp>wipe>install getting error 7.failed to mount system.
again clean flash device using mi flash,install twrp>format data>wipe>install> still getting error.

xiaomi.eu_multi_HM8_V11.0.10.0.PCNCNXM_v11-9.zip this is the rom i have been trying to flash

So,anyone has been succesfull to flash xiaomi eu rom on indian variant ?? if so what was the procudure ?

emmeriche

Apr 18, 2017
hi.,
i have been trying to flash xiaomi.eu rom on my redmi 8 but failing miserably,(this not my first time flshing roms on devices,i used redmi note 3 pro and redmi 5 plus before)
I install twrp>wipe>install getting error 7.failed to mount system.
again clean flash device using mi flash,install twrp>format data>wipe>install> still getting error.

xiaomi.eu_multi_HM8_V11.0.10.0.PCNCNXM_v11-9.zip this is the rom i have been trying to flash

So,anyone has been succesfull to flash xiaomi eu rom on indian variant ?? if so what was the procudure ?

You should try download a fresh copy of Xiaomi.eu ROM , the one you trying to flash might be corrupt or incomplete that is the main cause of your problem.

Once you have a new fresh ROM downloaded , go into twrp and format data "yes" then go to location of ROM and flash and after that flash Magisk and reboot to system. That works for me

Reactions: kjeasan

kjeasan

Apr 28, 2013
Dhaka
You should try download a fresh copy of Xiaomi.eu ROM , the one you trying to flash might be corrupt or incomplete that is the main cause of your problem.

Once you have a new fresh ROM downloaded , go into twrp and format data "yes" then go to location of ROM and flash and after that flash Magisk and reboot to system. That works for me

it worked. it seems that my rom somehow got corrupted. :confused:

Me too. I flashed back the latest android pie because the android 10 update still have bugs.
The solution is easy, excuse my English but I use translator, the error is in the launcher, you just need to update it to the latest version with root since it does not let it install normally, you must install an application in the store called "sai" and with that application the apk of the updated launcher is installed. The upgrade to Android 10 is very fluid, especially the gestures, everything works wonders, the only mistake is the factory launcher. Again I apologize my English

Reactions: AndreAPL

satrio_adjie

Dec 7, 2016
Redmi Note 10
The solution is easy, excuse my English but I use translator, the error is in the launcher, you just need to update it to the latest version with root since it does not let it install normally, you must install an application in the store called "sai" and with that application the apk of the updated launcher is installed. The upgrade to Android 10 is very fluid, especially the gestures, everything works wonders, the only mistake is the factory launcher. Again I apologize my English
any link to the android 10 version?

VonSparq

Jun 2, 2019
How stable and bug free is the new Android 10 11.0.1.0 compared to latest Android 9 11.0.11.0 and how do they both compare in terms of stability and polish to the latest Global 11.0.7.0?

GTMF99

Jul 13, 2020
Got two questions about this rom's installation...

I would like to post my experience trying to install Xiaomi.eu rom on my RedMi 8. I tried all instructions you could find and no matter what always ended up in TWRP or fastboot boot loop or weird named folders and not being able to transfer the .zip. No idea why but seems to be different for some people so Below is my exact step on how it worked for me ! Super easy and basic, just a reminder that not everything you read is correct and might not work for you. Sorry this is a long post but i've been on XDA for quite awhile and problem is a lot of people don't explain properly or list proper detailed instructions leaving you scratching your head, that's what happened for me trying to install this basic rom. I hope this helps anyone facing the same issue i had..

So that said ONLY try this at your own risk this might not work for you and not responsible if anything happens to your device again this was my method and thought i would share

Device info and region:
RedMi 8 CN Global rom 4/64 gb edition model # M1908C3IE my location is in Ontario Canada.
My device came with unlocked bootloader so obviously that was easy.

Make sure your bootloader is unlocked would be First step

I Download Xiaomi.eu stable zip for HM8 (Olive)
I Download Official TWRP for RedMi 8 (Olive).

Extract TWRP or whatever you need to do to get the .img file. Rename to twrp or whatever you want. And I put the .img file in platform tools folder.

On my device i Turn off any passwords or security.

Enable Usb debugging in developer settings and set for file transfer.
Then i transfer the Xiaomi.eu Olive zip to root of device and powered off device.

Then i boot to Fastboot holding power and volume down.
Then I open command window in platform tools folder i type as follows:

fastboot devices

And make sure my device is listed
then i proceeded to flash TWRP as follows:

fastboot flash recovery twrp.img (or whatever you named the img file)

when install is complete i typed in command window as follows

fastboot boot twrp.img

When TWRP loads i go to install locate the .zip file and swipe to install the Xiaomi.eu Zip I transferred to my Redmi 8
wait for install to finnish.

When it's done go back and Format data, And Type yes

When done Reboot system .. First boot will take a good few mins that's normal ....

I can't say it will work for anyone else but this is my experience with it, all the directions I followed from here or there. Anytime i wiped anything in twrp before i installed the .zip i ended up having to flash back to stock rom using MiFlash... So I simply flashed over my stock global rom and format data AFTER installation complete and it booted! Super easy and was the trick for me and my RedMi 8 .. Good luck

Hello, I'd recently unlocked my bootloader, i have two questions:
1) Which version of TWRP did you use and did you had any trouble with touchscreen in TWRP?
2) Besides data, is there any other partition to wipe (obviously not System and Vendor...)?

bertiespeed

Dec 27, 2011
Ontario
Hello, I'd recently unlocked my bootloader, i have two questions:
1) Which version of TWRP did you use and did you had any trouble with touchscreen in TWRP?
2) Besides data, is there any other partition to wipe (obviously not System and Vendor...)?

No problems with screen and I can't remember what version it was now as everything has been updated since.

I wrote it exactly as I did it, so no I didn't wipe anything else.

Reactions: GTMF99

Top Liked Posts