[ROM][STABLE][Signature Spoofing/MicroG support] LineageOS 18.1 for S7 Edge Exynos

Search This thread

Hanofhanof

Nov 22, 2016
Thank you very much for all the effort you have put to make this.
I want to ask if there is any way to upgrade from lineageOS 17 to this one without having to format my phone.
thank you again

Apokopower

Aug 16, 2020
Thank you Apokopower.. I tried to do the same and it helped.. Just to summarize it if some else has a similar problem: installed update, wiped carche and dalvik cache, installed nikigapps.
You can install nikgapps right after the update with multiple zip option and then wipe cache and dalvik if you want, it will work too.

apvinod2003

Oct 27, 2012
Hello, Any idea how to make Viper4AndroidFX work? It used to work fine in Los 17.1. Since 18, it doesn't work. The app always shows as not processing. Tried installing via Magisk and as an api. It seems to work in Legacy Mode.. but the audio isn't clear and distorts when using legacy mode.

Pietjuhbel

Feb 12, 2021
Hello,
thanks all for your wonderfull input and above all Ivan for the amazing developement. I have been using Lineage for ages, and I recently upgraded to 18.1
Most is working wonderfull, exept for experiencing a FRP lock the first time I flashed this image, probably due to my own incompetence. :)
There is one app I cannot get to work propperly, I do use Liberty Global's Ziggo go app for streaming television, this app works perfect on LOS 16 but on 18.1 it does not. Could someone give me some pointers in how to diagnose app crash/error logs on Android. I am familiar with debugging in windows/linux, but not very experienced in Android.
Thanks in advance!

reuvje

May 23, 2013
Hello,
thanks all for your wonderfull input and above all Ivan for the amazing developement. I have been using Lineage for ages, and I recently upgraded to 18.1
Most is working wonderfull, exept for experiencing a FRP lock the first time I flashed this image, probably due to my own incompetence. :)
There is one app I cannot get to work propperly, I do use Liberty Global's Ziggo go app for streaming television, this app works perfect on LOS 16 but on 18.1 it does not. Could someone give me some pointers in how to diagnose app crash/error logs on Android. I am familiar with debugging in windows/linux, but not very experienced in Android.
Thanks in advance!

It's very easy use NOT the latest version, only use Ziggo GO 2.3.44..
Good luck.and don't update.

Techguy777

Hello, Any idea how to make Viper4AndroidFX work? It used to work fine in Los 17.1. Since 18, it doesn't work. The app always shows as not processing. Tried installing via Magisk and as an api. It seems to work in Legacy Mode.. but the audio isn't clear and distorts when using legacy mode.
Yes I was able to get viper 2.3.4 to work but it took like an hour. I had to have selinux switcher to make sure it was permissive on boot, busybox magisk installed than I installed busybox pro stericson on top of it and itll stay installed if you leave the magisk version installed and go into setting and turn on reinstall on reboot. That version of busybox is the best with viper. I had to play around with music apps and viper for a while but it did finally work. So now im updating my s10 lite to lineage 18.1

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210212-183126_ViPER4Android_FX.png
    Screenshot_20210212-183126_ViPER4Android_FX.png
    514 KB · Views: 105

apvinod2003

Oct 27, 2012
Yes I was able to get viper 2.3.4 to work but it took like an hour. I had to have selinux switcher to make sure it was permissive on boot, busybox magisk installed than I installed busybox pro stericson on top of it and itll stay installed if you leave the magisk version installed and go into setting and turn on reinstall on reboot. That version of busybox is the best with viper. I had to play around with music apps and viper for a while but it did finally work. So now im updating my s10 lite to lineage 18.1
Thanks for the reply !! Let me try and see if it works.

Techguy777

Thanks for the reply !! Let me try and see if it works.

Yes no problem I love viper and cant live without it so I get you. I did install it on my s10 lite lineage 18.1 also and it works great except you cant use lock effect anymore and that was a feature I liked a lot. But at least it works. Let me know Ive walked a 100 people through getting it to work because it can be tricky. Poweramp has to shut off DVC direct volume control.

Pietjuhbel

Feb 12, 2021
Need some help here, every time I clean install 18.1 and add google acount and some apps the phone goes into Factory Reset Protection after reboot. Does anybody know what's causing this??

Techguy777

Need some help here, every time I clean install 18.1 and add google acount and some apps the phone goes into Factory Reset Protection after reboot. Does anybody know what's causing this??
No I had zero problems with this rom. It was so smooth I almost was going to switch from floyd. FRP are you using the same google account you did before you installed it? I really dont understand do you use SHRPS recovery for s7 edge? That is better than twrp.

Reactions: Kitt2002

qstar.inc

• Oct 19, 2013
    Dhaka
    Hello and thank you for the great ROM.

I'd like to raise an issue regarding mobile data. I don't know if it's related to my configuration or not, but sometimes after using 3g mobile data, it goes back to 2g E and then gets disconnected. I have the dual SIM version and it has happened to both SIMs.

Pietjuhbel

Feb 12, 2021
    No I had zero problems with this rom. It was so smooth I almost was going to switch from floyd. FRP are you using the same google account you did before you installed it? I really dont understand do you use SHRPS recovery for s7 edge? That is better than twrp.
    I used TWRP for recovery, just like every other LOS build I ever installed. I used the same google acount as before. Install goes perfectly, but after logging into google account and a reboot after that kicks the phone into Firwmare Reset Protection.
    Tried procedure 3 times now, every single time same result. I'm completely puzzeled....

Techguy777

I used TWRP for recovery, just like every other LOS build I ever installed. I used the same google acount as before. Install goes perfectly, but after logging into google account and a reboot after that kicks the phone into Firwmare Reset Protection.
    Tried procedure 3 times now, every single time same result. I'm completely puzzeled....

Here try this recovery

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      New build is up here is not so brief changelog

- sepolicy: Allowed cbd (Modem daemon) service to read proc_net sysfs
      - sepolicy: Allowed gpuservice acces to graphics_config_prop
      - sepolicy: improved debugfs handling for mali and ion
      - Fixed video recording in a lot of apps (Might require clean flash for some users)
      - Updated blobs to N935FXXS8CUD1 (April 2021 security update)
      - Fixed edge case where fast charging switch would be ignored because its chwoned too late
      - Compiled NFC hal from source (Google released samsung nfc source
      (https://android.googlesource.com/platform/hardware/samsung/nfc/), (Should improve stability)
      - Upreved livedisplay implementation (to 2.1) with native flicker free support
      - Added lifevibes blobs for audio effects and enhancements
      - Merged May 2021 security update
      - Synced with LOS source

Want to build rom yourself? here is local manifest with up to date repos.

this build had quite a lot of improvements that took quite a bit of time to fully test and implement and hopefully should be near perfect now.

Big thanks to everyone who helped this project with donations as they help keep this project alive together with s7 5 years after its release on latest android version
      , Donations help cover build server cost and coffee for free time spent on project itself, Enjoy new build and stay safe
      could someone please clarify or correct latest rom update instructions?

1.set up a downloading mode on your s7 edge
      2.open odin and connect the phone with computer
      3.upload twrp to odin and flash the phone.
      4.restart, open twrp on the phone and open advance wipe
      5.mark Dalvik / ART Catche and wipe.
      6.open install in twrp and choose new version of rom file and install.

7.should i install also nikgapps and magisk if i already had installed them before update?
      if yes, should i install rom first, then nikgapps and finally magisk separately or all together at once?

thanks and best of luck with your s7 edge !
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

reply from ivan_meler

for updating the rom magisk should auto reflash after rom update so no need to manually flash it but nikgapps had broken update survival script so you will likely have to reflash them after flashing the rom itself
      Thanks ivan....we love you....
      another question to s7 edge lineageOS 18.1 users.

has anyone tried to connect this phone to a car? any tips? thanks and best of luck!
      In my car it works, the only problem: *OK Google" doesn't work. I have to use the microfone button of AndroidAuto instead.
      There are two possibilitirs to run AA:
      First one:
      Use Nickgapps Full, AA is included but also all Google apps
      Second one:
      Use Nickgapps Basic plus the Addon AndroidAuto.
      Good luck trying it!
      Hello
      I can't install nikGapps. Twrp shows error:
      updater process ended with ERROR: 2
      Error installing zip file '/external_sd/Lineage 18.1/NikGapps-omni-arm64-11-20210130-signed.zip'

Which nikgapps should I download for my phone? https://sourceforge.net/projects/nikgapps/files/ ->Releases->NikGapps-R->30-Jan-2021->NikGapps-omni-arm64-11-20210130-signed.zip??
      My version of twrp is 3.5.2_9-0

Problem solved.
      I installed an older version of NikGapps and it went
      k5tUT1V.png

LineageOS 18.1 for hero2lte

Code:
      /*
      * Your warranty is now void.
      * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
      * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
      * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
      * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
      * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
      */

Working:
      - Wifi
      - Sound
      - mali drivers
      - USB tethering
      - HW Backed video Playback
      - Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
      - Sensors
      - Buttons and their backlight
      - Bluetooth
      - Wifi HotSpot
      - MTP
      - 2D and 3D gpu acceleration
      - HWcomposer (HWC)
      - HW encoding/decoding
      - Charging with device powered off
      - Stuff I didn't test yet
      - Camera
      - GPS
      - Fingerprint Sensor
      - Mobicore
      - SW codecs

Not Working
      -

Take a note that a lot of LineageOS features have not been completed yet this is not a device bug and please do not report those
      in this rom thread as you will be reported to moderator also do not post bug reports for known issues or bug reports without proper
      a) Logcat
      b) proc/last_kmsg (or proc/kmsg)
      c) data/tombstones
      d) dmesg

Also do not under any circumstances post bug reports if you are using substratum themes or unsupported magisk modules or you have performed any system modifications

Install gapps right after installing the rom itself dont try to boot to system before that if you want to use gapps
      NikGapps and BiTgapps were both tested and working

Downloads:
      Google Drive
      Mega.nz
      MD5: 8ee67890fb1f85eb4d09445f09dd277c

I do this in my free time so bear that in mind when you notice I didn't fix known bug in next available build, Currently i work on this alone and i am not one of those kangers that just copy source and claim it as their own work,
      if you want to support the project feel free to buy me some coffee paypal.me/ivanmeler

Feel free to join telegram group with early builds progress updates and some off topic stuff Join

Due to requests from some users I added signature spoofing support to the rom which allows usage of MicroG
      you can simply install MinMicroG and grant it needed permissions for signature spoofing to make it work as intended

Based On Android 11/R
      Changelog

- sepolicy: Allowed cbd (Modem daemon) service to read proc_net sysfs
      - sepolicy: Allowed gpuservice acces to graphics_config_prop
      - sepolicy: improved debugfs handling for mali and ion
      - Fixed video recording in a lot of apps (Might require clean flash for some users)
      - Updated blobs to N935FXXS8CUD1 (April 2021 security update)
      - Fixed edge case where fast charging switch would be ignored because its chwoned too late
      - Compiled NFC hal from source (Google released samsung nfc source
      (https://android.googlesource.com/platform/hardware/samsung/nfc/), (Should improve stability)
      - Upreved livedisplay implementation (to 2.1) with native flicker free support
      - Added lifevibes blobs for audio effects and enhancements
      - Merged May 2021 security update
      - Synced with LOS source

- Fixed Vulkan
      - Disabled WPA2 to WPA3 auto-upgrade (This caused issues on some wifi networks)
      - Rebased AntiFlicker and livedisplay support
      - Performance and stability improvements
      - Synced April 2021 Security Update
      - Synced with LOS source

- Added signature spoofing support for MicroG
      - Cleaned up codebase
      - Misc performance and satbility improvements
      - Synced with LOSsource

- Fixed Mouse pointer icon when using an external mouse
      - Improved swcodec handling
      - Merged March 2021. security update
      - Synced with LOS source

- Fixed cover case display states being flipped
      - Improved renderscript handling
      - Further imrpoved selinux policies and fixed denials
      - Fixed binder related vurnability in kernel
      - disabled zcache compression which could caue kernel panics
      - Misc performance and stability improvements
      - Synced with LOS source

- Improved HWC handling
      - Added always on display
      - Fixed issue where some games would show swapped colors
      - Rebased sepolicy
      - Fixed hwc selinux denials that slowed down UI
      - Added support for smart cover cases
      - Imrpoved renderscript performance
      - Imrpoved offline charging (New animation and it should recognize wireless charger while phone is off now)
      - Misc performance and stability improvements (A lot of them, as always you can check github and lineageos gerrit)
      - Merged February 2021. security update
      - Synced with LineageOS source

- Fixed HWC
      - Drastically improved performance and battery life
      - Added back flicker free dimming and fast charging switch (Now as hiidl interfaces)
      - Switched to samsungs DT2W driver used on AOD on stock (Battery life improvements)
      - Added custom LiveDisplay modes
      - Disabled some excess logging
      - Cleaned up codebase

- Merged januart 2021 Security Updat
      - Fixed issues with fingerprint in 3rd party secure apps (banking apps paypal password managers)
      - Updated prebuilt binaries
      - Cleaned up mixer paths
      - Added neural network drivers
      - Disabled p2p mac randomization
      - Fixed wifi direct
      - Removed unused 32bit drivers
      - Improved performance and stability
      - A lot more unmder the hood changes

- Merged december 2020 security update
      - Fixed volume adjustment with audio
      - Drastically improved audio quality
      - Merged December pixel feature drop
      - Fixed noise cancelling in call

- Fixed in call audio (Volume changing in call is still somewhat broken)
      - Merged November 2020 security update
      - Imrpoved BT audio handling
      - Selinux is back in Enforcing mode
      - Fixed signal strenght indicator for all network modes (2g/3g/4g)
      - Fixed soft buttons backlight handling
      - Fixed fingerprint recognition in some apps (Non secure ones for now)
      - Fixed glove mode
      - Synced with LOS source

- Improved brightness slider range
      - Improved microphone input in some voip apps
      - Synced with LOS source

- Initial release

XDA:DevDB Information
      LineageOS 18.0 for S7 Edge, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Contributors
      Ivan_Meler
      Source Code: https://github.com/8890q/android_kernel_samsung_universal8890/tree/lineage-18.1

ROM OS Version: Android 11
      ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.x

Version Information
      Stable
      Current Beta Version: 0.6.5
      Beta Release Date: 2021-01-24

Created 2020-10-05
      Last Updated 2021-01-24
      New builds are up, And one big change is that hwc is back and ui should be smoother than ever
      here is a brief changelog that explains other chnges too
      - Fixed HWC
      - Drastically improved performance and battery life
      - Added back flicker free dimming and fast charging switch (Now as hiidl interfaces)
      - Switched to samsungs DT2W driver used on AOD on stock (Battery life improvements)
      - Added custom LiveDisplay modes
      - Disabled some excess logging
      - Cleaned up codebase

HWC took quite a bit of work to get working again (Thanks google..) but s7 lives to see yet another year on up to date version of android

Big thanks to everyone who donated as they help keep this project alive I do this in my free time and said donations help cover build server cost and get me coffee which in return helps solve bugs haha
      New builds are up

Before installing January 2021 build remove fingerprints and delete /data/system/locksettings.db this is needed due to mobicore version change which helped fix fingerprint with 3rd party secure apps

Here is a brief changelog

- Merged januart 2021 Security Updat
      - Fixed issues with fingerprint in 3rd party secure apps (banking apps paypal password managers)
      - Updated prebuilt binaries
      - Cleaned up mixer paths
      - Added neural network drivers
      - Disabled p2p mac randomization
      - Fixed wifi direct
      - Removed unused 32bit drivers
      - Improved performance and stability
      - A lot more unmder the hood changes

Big thanks to everyone who supported this project as their donations help offset the server cost and keep the device alive enjoy the new build and stay safe
      New builds with yet another months worth of security updates and some extras is up, here is a brief changelog
      - Fixed Vulkan
      - Disabled WPA2 to WPA3 auto-upgrade (This caused issues on some wifi networks)
      - Rebased AntiFlicker and livedisplay support
      - Synced April 2021 Security Update
      - Synced with LOS source

As always big thanks to everyone who donated as that helped offset the build server cost and keep the project alive with yet another android version

17.1 builds will be updated in a few days
      Enjoy new build and stay safe
      New build is up with March security update, Here is a brief changelog

- Fixed Mouse pointer icon when using an external mouse
      - Improved swcodec handling
      - Merged March 2021. security update
      - Synced with LOS source

Big thanks to everyone who supported this project as donations help cover the build server cost Updated 17.1 builds will be out soon Enjoy new build and stay safe
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone