[ROM][STABLE][Signature Spoofing/MicroG support] LineageOS 18.1 for S7 Exynos

Search This thread

Mohamedkam000

Feb 13, 2016
Khartoum
I'm using Samsung Galaxy s7 G930U. Can I get a direct link to flash Linage Os 18.1, and also twrp recovery.img. thanks for your efforts
Sorry buddy, your device is NOT eligible for intensive modifications, as your hardware is not the same as the international S7.

Check out:
Click here.

If you managed to flash Snapdragon TWRP, you may not be able to flash this ROM, and I highly recommend not to even try, as your device WILL literally die.

Check S7 Snapdragon section for ROMs.

7wells

Oct 9, 2019
@Ivan_Meler and everybody here:

Do the SamsungHealth and related apps work with this great LOS release? As I own a Samsung smartwatch, I would like to still have it synced with my S7.

Which camera would you recommend? Or which modifications (if there are such) for the camera app that comes with LOS 18.1?

It is a pity that the vendors' stock camera apps cannot be integrated in LOS (or other custom ROMS, if I see it correctly). Is there anything that could be done about this for LOS 18.1 on the S7 exynos (herolte)?

Anyway, thanks a lot @Ivan_Meler for the great work!

Helmy José

May 2, 2020
but it's a bummer that even following the steps to the letter, it crashes me .

"If you are coming from pre January 2021 build remove fingerprints and delete /data/system/locksettings.db this is needed due to mobicore version change which helped fix fingerprint with 3rd party secure apps"

kia5566

Mar 26, 2017
Upgraded from 17.1 by dirty flashing. So far it has been a smooth experience!

Haven't noticed any weird behaviour as of yet. I cant confirm connectivity probnlems mentiond earlier in this threath. 5Ghz WiFi N WPA2 IPv4 only (Ancient I know, but my ISP sucks Ziggo/Liberty Global) stable and fast connection. 4G data is also workign flawlessly.

Baseband: G930FXXU8ETI2

Hi dear, may I know how do you update your baseband while sticking to lineage os? I did some research on it but so far I can't get a clear answer. Do I need to go back to stock rom to update my good old baseband via odin? Or there is other trick get job done faster?

chomsky55

Sep 21, 2020
Amsterdam
Hi dear, may I know how do you update your baseband while sticking to lineage os? I did some research on it but so far I can't get a clear answer. Do I need to go back to stock rom to update my good old baseband via odin? Or there is other trick get job done faster?
You can update the baseband with Odin, no need to go back to stock rom.

Reactions: kia5566

cali.s

Nov 3, 2009
You can Download Firmware from sammobile and select your Country then Flash BL and CP in Odin only

sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-s7/firmware/SM-G930F

AP: is your system partition with recovery and stuff.
BL: your bootloader
CP: your modem
CSC: this is what features you get in some countries or carriers like Wi-Fi Calling.

CSC and AP is only for samsung stock rom
If you flash CSC will wipe your data.
If you flash CSC_HOME will not wipe your data.

Last edited:

kia5566

Mar 26, 2017
You can Download Firmware from sammobile and select your Country then Flash BL and CP in Odin only

sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-s7/firmware/SM-G930F

AP: is your system partition with recovery and stuff.
BL: your bootloader
CP: your modem
CSC: this is what features you get in some countries or carriers like Wi-Fi Calling.

If you flash CSC will wipe your data.
If you flash CSC_HOME will not wipe your data.

Great to hear! So to update the baseband will only need to flash latest BL, CP and CSC_HOME to keep recent data will do.

ds592

Feb 24, 2021
lineageos supports volte and vowifi, but samsung makes it hard to implement these features.
The thread below seems to indicate that it is possible to get Volte/wi-fi calling working on the SM-G930FD version of galaxy S7 (dual sim).

Is that only possible with the stock ROM and not lineage OS 18.1 ?
I am interested in wi-fi calling due to poor cellular signal on T-mobile network if possible.

switchboy

Dec 2, 2010
I found something that doesn't work. It is a little know/obscure feature of our devices unless you are a running or cycling enthousiast. And that is ANT+.

I recently bought a home trainer which is compatible with Zwift (kind of a serious video game where you can cycle in a virtual world). I can link my hometrainer via bluetooth and it works perfectly. However I would like to pair my Garmin forerunner 235 to have a heartrate monitor. Unfortunitly that watch only supports ANT+ for heartrate transmission. I used it succesfully with strava on the S7 in the past, but Zwift can't find the device.

So done some digging:
- reinstalled ANT Radio Service
- Anttester says built in ANT detected: NO

I happen to have my wife's old S7 with a broken screen with stock rom on it and it works there:

CM18.1:
d4384e87f690f2a933eaf2d0a1336b2a.png

Stock S7:
d5754ba3156cebc008411a9a4fd37953.jpg

It might be just a permission issue. However ANT Radio Service never asks for permissions and I don't know how to give an app or service persmissions it is not asking for without root acces.

7wells

Oct 9, 2019
Sorry to bump this:
@Ivan_Meler and everybody here:

Do the SamsungHealth and related apps work with this great LOS release? As I own a Samsung smartwatch, I would like to still have it synced with my S7.

Which camera would you recommend? Or which modifications (if there are such) for the camera app that comes with LOS 18.1?

It is a pity that the vendors' stock camera apps cannot be integrated in LOS (or other custom ROMS, if I see it correctly). Is there anything that could be done about this for LOS 18.1 on the S7 exynos (herolte)?

Anyway, thanks a lot @Ivan_Meler for the great work!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New builds with yet another months worth of security updates and some extras is up, here is a brief changelog
    - Fixed Vulkan
    - Disabled WPA2 to WPA3 auto-upgrade (This caused issues on some wifi networks)
    - Rebased AntiFlicker and livedisplay support
    - Performance and stability improvements
    - Synced April 2021 Security Update
    - Synced with LOS source

As always big thanks to everyone who donated as that helped offset the build server cost and keep the project alive with yet another android version

17.1 builds will be updated in a few days
    Enjoy new build and stay safe
    For the issues with reboots and corruption with SD cards formatted with the exFAT filesystem that have been discussed recently, those would be caused by an update to the sdfat driver, used for exFAT filesystems, in the kernel causing kernel panics: https://github.com/LineageOS/androi...mmit/ddba1674688968d672c5529068b8690ee5e79da7

Over on another device, the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" (2016), which also uses a 3.18 kernel, I found that the updated version of the sdfat driver (2.4.5) caused kernel panics when writing heavily to an exFAT filesystem (on my SD card) using it. I could very easily cause a kernel panic by, for example, taking videos or downloading torrents to an exFAT filesystem mounted using sdfat. I'm thinking that similar issues are occurring here.

Assuming that the issues are really caused by the update (I can't think of any other possibility), the only fixes/workarounds are to use a kernel with that update to sdfat reverted, or with whichever parts of the update causing the kernel panics reverted or a proper fix to the sdfat driver. We're still using an older version of sdfat, 2.3.0, over on the Tab A.
    Can't say it is buggy overall but agree that the random Wifi disconnects is a bit annoying...basically I lose Wifi like every 5 minutes~ish and has to reconnect (sometimes I have to enable and disable Wifi a few times to connect). Since I am using the phone as a Wifi-only device (i.e., no SIM card in there) it could get pretty annoying when the network connection gets cut off every 5 minutes....

I also flashed the April build (originally dirty flashed but then it bootlooped so I factory-reset it), and it was the same thing as well. And this happened both before and after I rooted the OS.

I have 2.4G and 5G sharing the same SSID and I downloaded a Wifi Analyzer it seems that the phone is always connecting to a specific 5G channel and doesn't switch to 2.4G (or any other 5G channel) at all. Also tried to turn on and turn off Wi-Fi scan throttling in Developer options and that didn't seem to help either.

I am using AiMesh with Asus Merlin firmware if that makes any difference. My model is G930W8. Have a dozen other tablets/phones running in the house plus tonnes of smart devices and this is the only one that constantly disconnects, didn't happen when I was using stock firmware either.

Not sure what else can be done. Anyone has any thoughts I'd appreciate your help!

One nice thing though is battery is really amazing on this, I can get 2 days in one charge without any problems (although granted I run like probably 5 apps on the phone).
    I have an S7 Flat...with 18.1 ..7th April build...and ASUS Merlin with AI Mesh. I had issues with the S7 being the only phone that consistently dropped out. I changed on the router Adaptive QOS, QOS tab...Enable QOS to .off...and on Wireless, Professional Tab..Multi user MIMO to disable. My S7 now is pretty rock solid connecting to my home router...at 866 not 443 Mbps. I did read somewhere that the WIFI chip on the S7...was quite new when brought out and is not particularly stable with MuMIMO. My router is an AX88U...and this also worked on an AC66U B1...hope this fixes it for you...took me months to work this out!
    Further reason that the kernel should be updated to the latest supported LTS version (4.4.263 as of 28/03). It would be really good to be on a properly maintained kernel with the essential security updates. 3.18 is only maintained unofficially in AOSP, it entered EOL in January 2017. Who knows what vulnerabilities present in this kernel might be being explored in the wild.
    I never said that the update causes issues with 3.18 kernels exclusively, although I might've subtly implied that. In fact, I suspect that similar issues can occur on other kernels with the updated sdfat driver, including kernels based on 4.4.

Updating kernels to newer major releases of the Linux kernel for android devices is very much easier said than done. That would require all of the drivers and other bits to be forward ported, which is extremely difficult, time consuming, and requires quite a lot of knowledge, and there is a very high chance of there being issues after getting everything to compile, and even more changes would be needed to fix such issues. Android device manufacturers and SoC vendors very often make very extensive changes to their kernels, and this is true for Samsung as well as others, making things all the more complicated. Almost (think >99.9%) everyone has to go with their vendors older downstream kernels as a result - if it was so easy to update kernels to newer major updates, no one or less people on fewer devices would still be using older downstream kernels. Many are still using even older 3.10, 3.4 and 3.0(!) kernels on older devices with backports. Drivers could also be written from scratch, but that has its own significant set of difficulties.

The last minor update for 3.18 was actually 3.18.140, released on May 2019 (https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux.git/log/?h=v3.18.140), and it was updated for that long for the many devices out there running on 3.18. The 3.18 Android common kernel indeed continues to get updates, including some fixes to security vulnerabilities. On my kernel for the Tab A, as a compromise, I'm also applying changes from 4.4 as well as changes from the 3.18 Android common kernel and previously also, when it was still maintained, Linux 3.16.
    @Bleifuss2000
    The settings are retained, you do not have to set anything new when updating.
    k5tUT1V.png

LineageOS 18.1 for herolte

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Working:
    - Wifi
    - Sound
    - mali drivers
    - USB tethering
    - HW Backed video Playback
    - Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
    - Sensors
    - Buttons and their backlight
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi HotSpot
    - MTP
    - 2D and 3D gpu acceleration
    - HW encoding/decoding
    - HWcomposer (HWC)
    - Charging with device powered off
    - Stuff I didn't test yet
    - Camera
    - GPS
    - Fingerprint Sensor
    - Mobicore
    - SW codecs

Not Working
    -

Take a note that a lot of LineageOS features have not been completed yet this is not a device bug and please do not report those
    in this rom thread as you will be reported to moderator also do not post bug reports for known issues or bug reports without proper
    a) Logcat
    b) proc/last_kmsg (or proc/kmsg)
    c) data/tombstones
    d) dmesg

Also do not under any circumstances post bug reports if you are using substratum themes or unsupported magisk modules or you have performed any system modifications

Install gapps right after installing the rom itself dont try to boot to system before that if you want to use gapps
    NikGapps and BiTgapps were both tested and working

Downloads:
    If you are coming from pre January 2021 build remove fingerprints and delete /data/system/locksettings.db this is needed due to mobicore version change which helped fix fingerprint with 3rd party secure apps
    Google Drive
    Mega.nz
    MD5: 7ef3864160088c48b5ed3f4d332dd171

I do this in my free time so bear that in mind when you notice I didn't fix known bug in next available build, Currently i work on this alone and i am not one of those kangers that just copy source and claim it as their own work,
    if you want to support the project feel free to buy me some coffee paypal.me/ivanmeler

Feel free to join telegram group with early builds progress updates and some off topic stuff Join

Due to requests from some users I added signature spoofing support to the rom which allows usage of MicroG
    you can simply install MinMicroG and grant it needed permissions for signature spoofing to make it work as intended

Based On Android 11/R
    Changelog

- Fixed Vulkan
    - Synced with LOS source

- Added signature spoofing support for MicroG
    - Cleaned up codebase
    - Misc performance and satbility improvements
    - Synced with LOSsource

- Fixed Mouse pointer icon when using an external mouse
    - Improved swcodec handling
    - Merged March 2021. security update
    - Synced with LOS source

- Fixed cover case display states being flipped
    - Improved renderscript handling
    - Further imrpoved selinux policies and fixed denials
    - Fixed binder related vurnability in kernel
    - disabled zcache compression which could caue kernel panics
    - Misc performance and stability improvements
    - Synced with LOS source

- Improved HWC handling
    - Added always on display
    - Fixed issue where some games would show swapped colors
    - Rebased sepolicy
    - Fixed hwc selinux denials that slowed down UI
    - Added support for smart cover cases
    - Imrpoved renderscript performance
    - Imrpoved offline charging (New animation and it should recognize wireless charger while phone is off now)
    - Misc performance and stability improvements (A lot of them, as always you can check github and lineageos gerrit)
    - Merged February 2021. security update
    - Synced with LineageOS source

- Fixed HWC
    - Drastically improved performance and battery life
    - Added back flicker free dimming and fast charging switch (Now as hiidl interfaces)
    - Switched to samsungs DT2W driver used on AOD on stock (Battery life improvements)
    - Added custom LiveDisplay modes
    - Disabled some excess logging
    - Cleaned up codebase

- Merged januart 2021 Security Updat
    - Fixed issues with fingerprint in 3rd party secure apps (banking apps paypal password managers)
    - Updated prebuilt binaries
    - Cleaned up mixer paths
    - Added neural network drivers
    - Disabled p2p mac randomization
    - Fixed wifi direct
    - Removed unused 32bit drivers
    - Improved performance and stability
    - A lot more unmder the hood changes

- Merged december 2020 security update
    - Fixed volume adjustment with audio
    - Drastically improved audio quality
    - Merged December pixel feature drop
    - Fixed noise cancelling in call

- Fixed in call audio (Volume changing in call is still somewhat broken)
    - Merged November 2020 security update
    - Imrpoved BT audio handling
    - Selinux is back in Enforcing mode
    - Fixed signal strenght indicator for all network modes (2g/3g/4g)
    - Fixed soft buttons backlight handling
    - Fixed fingerprint recognition in some apps (Non secure ones for now)
    - Fixed glove mode
    - Synced with LOS source

- Improved brightness slider range
    - Improved microphone input in some voip apps
    - Synced with LOS source

- Initial release

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 18.0 for S7, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S7

Contributors
    Ivan_Meler
    Source Code: https://github.com/8890q/android_kernel_samsung_universal8890/tree/lineage-18.1

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.x

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Beta Version: 0.6.5
    Beta Release Date: 2021-01-24

Created 2020-10-05
    Last Updated 2021-01-24
    New builds are up here is a brief changelog

- Improved HWC handling
    - Added always on display
    - Fixed issue where some games would show swapped colors
    - Rebased sepolicy
    - Fixed hwc selinux denials that slowed down UI
    - Added support for smart cover cases
    - Imrpoved renderscript performance
    - Imrpoved offline charging (New animation and it should recognize wireless charger while phone is off now)
    - Misc performance and stability improvements (A lot of them, as always you can check github and lineageos gerrit)
    - Merged February 2021. security update
    - Synced with LineageOS source

As always big thanks to everyone who donated and helped support this project (It covers coffee and build server cost) and keeping s7 alive with yet another android version 5 years after phones release
    New builds with yet another months worth of security updates and some extras is up, here is a brief changelog
    - Fixed Vulkan
    - Synced with LOS source

As always big thanks to everyone who donated as that helped offset the build server cost and keep the project alive with yet another android version

17.1 builds will be updated in a few days
    Enjoy new build and stay safe
    New builds are up and as per requests of some people Signature spoofing support is added (In a way that doesnt make it a security threat as app has to be flashed to system,have proper priv-app xml permissions and user has to explictly grant permission for the given app) you can sue it with MinMicroG

Other than that there are just some performane and satbility improvements, here is a brief changelog
    - Added signature spoofing support for MicroG
    - Cleaned up codebase
    - Misc performance and satbility improvements
    - Synced with LOSsource

Big thanks to everyone who donated as their donations help cover the build server cost and keep the device alive more than 5 years after release with up to date OS and security patches
    New build is up with few small fixes here is a brief changelog

- Fixed cover case display states being flipped
    - Improved renderscript handling
    - Further imrpoved selinux policies and fixed denials
    - Fixed binder related vurnability in kernel
    - disabled zcache compression which could caue kernel panics
    - Synced with LOS source

Big thanks to everyone who supported this project as their donations helpo with build server cost and coffee, enjoy new build and stay safe
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone