[ROM][STABLE][Signature Spoofing/MicroG support] LineageOS 18.1 for S7 Exynos

Search This thread

zhuanyi

Jan 19, 2008
Hi...which ASUS router do you have...and I assume you are still having connection issues
I have the AC86U AI-Meshed to Lyra Voice (phone is connecting to Lyra voice), using Firmware version 386.2 (latest I can find on Merlin) on 86U and 384 on Lyra (standard factory Asus firmware, no Merlin for Lyra Voice I believe).

And yap, unfortunately Wifi is still dropping out from time to time, seems a little more stable than before though, now I am dropping out only like every half an hour~ish so your suggestion did help a bit!

ttmob4

Nov 1, 2007
Some thoughts. (you need to be connected to the 5.0 GHz WIFI)
1) Can you test your phone on another wifi network to see if the link speed on the phone is 866Mbps
2) Can you test your phone on your wifi network (with the Lyra Voice switched off) to see if the link speed on the phone is 866Mbps (i.e. your phone directly connected to your AC86U)
3) Can you test your phone on your wifi network (with the Lyra Voice switched on) to see if the link speed on the phone reduces from 866Mbps to 433Mbs (and can you see through AI MESH that your phone client is attached to your Lyra).

I have Merlin Firmware 386.2 also on my Main router (AX88U) and mesh unit (AC66U B1)
I have smart connect set to OFF
I use WPA2 - Personal
No specific channels set (all to Auto on both 2.4 and 5 GHz)
I have channel bandwidth enable to include 160MHz (wireless General tab)
I have Modulation scheme up to MCS 11 (wireless professional tab)

Reactions: zhuanyi

Jozé490

Jan 20, 2017
France
Samsung Galaxy S7
Hello,

I clean flash with TWRP (3.5.2_9-0) the latest 18.1 (lineage-18.1-20210407-UNOFFICIAL-herolte)

I had echo in calls (people complained not me).
Lowering the volume reduce it but it doesn't desappear.

So i clean flash consecutively :
  1. lineage-18.1-20210401-microG-signed-herolte (Topic xda)
  2. lineage-17.1-20210413-microG-signed-herolte
  3. lineage-17.1-20210409-UNOFFICIAL-herolte
Same echo in every one of them.

So i'm back on the build i was using before : lineage-17.1-20200122-UNOFFICIAL-herolte

I made a call with two people and they both told me the same thing.
They hear themselves lower than in the other builds and it last only 5 - 7 seconds after that the call is completely clear.
This may be a lead. 🕵️‍♂️

Thank you @Ivan_Meler for the work.

Last edited:
Reactions: gimlixxl

zhuanyi

Jan 19, 2008
1) Can you test your phone on another wifi network to see if the link speed on the phone is 866Mbps
2) Can you test your phone on your wifi network (with the Lyra Voice switched off) to see if the link speed on the phone is 866Mbps (i.e. your phone directly connected to your AC86U)
3) Can you test your phone on your wifi network (with the Lyra Voice switched on) to see if the link speed on the phone reduces from 866Mbps to 433Mbs (and can you see through AI MESH that your phone client is attached to your Lyra).

I have Merlin Firmware 386.2 also on my Main router (AX88U) and mesh unit (AC66U B1)
I use WPA2 - Personal

Thanks a lot for all the details! I just got a chance to try to tweak the settings tonight and seems turning off Smart Connect fixed the constant drop in Wifi. I still can't get to the speed you have enjoyed but since I am just doing light browsing it is more than sufficient for me. Now I can still get a few years out of this old beast :)

Deollzz

Dec 24, 2015
Tor tethering not possible, possible with 17.1 without problems.
Has anyone else noticed this too ?
I think it is not yet possible with the
android_kernel_samsung_universal8890 - 18.1 kernel to enable a proxy local

Last edited:

ttmob4

Nov 1, 2007
Thanks a lot for all the details! I just got a chance to try to tweak the settings tonight and seems turning off Smart Connect fixed the constant drop in Wifi. I still can't get to the speed you have enjoyed but since I am just doing light browsing it is more than sufficient for me. Now I can still get a few years out of this old beast :)
Glad the drop outs are fixed...that at least makes it usable. Happy to help.

switchboy

Dec 2, 2010
Tor tethering not possible, possible with 17.1 without problems.
Has anyone else noticed this too ?
I think it is not yet possible with the
android_kernel_samsung_universal8890 - 18.1 kernel to enable a proxy local
Tethering my Android card headunit everyday without issue

Deollzz

Dec 24, 2015
Tethering my Android card headunit everyday without issue
I also wrote Tor Tethering, normal tethering is possible, you don't need a local proxy for that.
Orbot and invizible Pro do not currently work with the kernel sources (android_kernel_samsung_universal8890-build 18.1).
with 17.1 build no Problem !.

Last edited:

Sage

Dec 12, 2005
AU
enjoying this rom thank you for your efforts. only issue i find is wireless drops out and then can't find any wireless networks at all until i turn it off and on again.

exaveal

Aug 10, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S10e
Hello,

I clean flash with TWRP (3.5.2_9-0) the latest 18.1 (lineage-18.1-20210407-UNOFFICIAL-herolte)

I had echo in calls (people complained not me).
Lowering the volume reduce it but it doesn't desappear.

So i clean flash consecutively :
  1. lineage-18.1-20210401-microG-signed-herolte (Topic xda)
  2. lineage-17.1-20210413-microG-signed-herolte
  3. lineage-17.1-20210409-UNOFFICIAL-herolte
Same echo in every one of them.

So i'm back on the build i was using before : lineage-17.1-20200122-UNOFFICIAL-herolte

I made a call with two people and they both told me the same thing.
They hear themselves lower than in the other builds and it last only 5 - 7 seconds after that the call is completely clear.
This may be a lead. 🕵️‍♂️

Thank you @Ivan_Meler for the work.
This will never be changed. Seems, that people using these roms don't use their phone for calls :D

Reactions: Waifuist

Queeq

Jun 21, 2016
I've never had issues with calls. I don't know what could affect it apart from some modem firmware maybe (everything else is the same on our phones, right?). I haven't updated the firmware for years, but IIRC I did it when I installed first custom ROM back in 2016. You might want to research this.

Roberto W.

Dec 10, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
i dont have major issues running this rom (microg version), it is my daily driver on my g930f.

but when i look into the logcat - and yes, i also tried ivans rom build and it results with exactly the same issues -, i see a lot of these errors all the time (about at least one errormessage per second), but only when wifi is activated (it doesnt count if there is a wifi connection established or not)

[3:dhd_rpm_state_t: 2368] exynos-pcie 15660000.pcie0: received Enter_L23_READY DLLP packet

[2:dhd_rpm_state_t: 2368] exynos-pcie 15660000.pcie0: ack message is ok

[2:dhd_rpm_state_t: 2368] exynos-pcie 15660000.pcie0: pcie clk enable, ret value = 0

[2:dhd_rpm_state_t: 2368] exynos-pcie 15660000.pcie0: l1ss disabled(0x8)

and some more see attached text file.

what is it about? real errors or just a flood of debug informations by kernel? and is it possible to fix that? any more log files needed for that? @Ivan_Meler

thanks in advance.

Attachments

• pcie-log.entries.txt
    164.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Roberto W.

Dec 10, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
I've never had issues with calls. I don't know what could affect it apart from some modem firmware maybe (everything else is the same on our phones, right?). I haven't updated the firmware for years, but IIRC I did it when I installed first custom ROM back in 2016. You might want to research this.
i use the latest modem firmware and have no echo issues with calls (excepting using speaker).

claus65

Aug 21, 2018
Hello @All,

it's my first time here in this forum and surprise suprise, i have a question:

i run lineage 18.1 on my S7 and have the echoes problems on calls. Some users wrote, updating the firmware could help. Just for my understanding: is this firmware, that can be downloaded with SamFirm the same as the original stock rom? Does this firmware possibly contain newer drivers that are not included in Lineage that solve the echo problem?

Thank you for your help.

Ivan_Meler

Recognized Developer
New build is up here is not so brief changelog

- sepolicy: Allowed cbd (Modem daemon) service to read proc_net sysfs
- sepolicy: Allowed gpuservice acces to graphics_config_prop
- sepolicy: improved debugfs handling for mali and ion
- Fixed video recording in a lot of apps (Might require clean flash for some users)
- Updated blobs to N935FXXS8CUD1 (April 2021 security update)
- Fixed edge case where fast charging switch would be ignored because its chwoned too late
- Compiled NFC hal from source (Google released samsung nfc source
(https://android.googlesource.com/platform/hardware/samsung/nfc/), (Should improve stability)
- Upreved livedisplay implementation (to 2.1) with native flicker free support
- Added lifevibes blobs for audio effects and enhancements
- Merged May 2021 security update
- Synced with LOS source

Want to build rom yourself? here is local manifest with up to date repos.

this build had quite a lot of improvements that took quite a bit of time to fully test and implement and hopefully should be near perfect now.

Big thanks to everyone who helped this project with donations as they help keep this project alive together with s7 5 years after its release on latest android version
, Donations help cover build server cost and coffee for free time spent on project itself, Enjoy new build and stay safe

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

- Fixed video recording in a lot of apps (Might require clean flash for some users)
    - Fixed edge case where fast charging switch would be ignored because its chwoned too late
    (https://android.googlesource.com/platform/hardware/samsung/nfc/), (Should improve stability)
    - Synced with LOS source

this build had quite a lot of improvements that took quite a bit of time to fully test and implement and hopefully should be near perfect now.

Big thanks to everyone who helped this project with donations as they help keep this project alive together with s7 5 years after its release on latest android version
    , Donations help cover build server cost and coffee for free time spent on project itself, Enjoy new build and stay safe

- Synced with LOS source

Can't say it is buggy overall but agree that the random Wifi disconnects is a bit annoying...basically I lose Wifi like every 5 minutes~ish and has to reconnect (sometimes I have to enable and disable Wifi a few times to connect). Since I am using the phone as a Wifi-only device (i.e., no SIM card in there) it could get pretty annoying when the network connection gets cut off every 5 minutes....

I also flashed the April build (originally dirty flashed but then it bootlooped so I factory-reset it), and it was the same thing as well. And this happened both before and after I rooted the OS.

I have 2.4G and 5G sharing the same SSID and I downloaded a Wifi Analyzer it seems that the phone is always connecting to a specific 5G channel and doesn't switch to 2.4G (or any other 5G channel) at all. Also tried to turn on and turn off Wi-Fi scan throttling in Developer options and that didn't seem to help either.

I am using AiMesh with Asus Merlin firmware if that makes any difference. My model is G930W8. Have a dozen other tablets/phones running in the house plus tonnes of smart devices and this is the only one that constantly disconnects, didn't happen when I was using stock firmware either.

Not sure what else can be done. Anyone has any thoughts I'd appreciate your help!

One nice thing though is battery is really amazing on this, I can get 2 days in one charge without any problems (although granted I run like probably 5 apps on the phone).
    I have an S7 Flat...with 18.1 ..7th April build...and ASUS Merlin with AI Mesh. I had issues with the S7 being the only phone that consistently dropped out. I changed on the router Adaptive QOS, QOS tab...Enable QOS to .off...and on Wireless, Professional Tab..Multi user MIMO to disable. My S7 now is pretty rock solid connecting to my home router...at 866 not 443 Mbps. I did read somewhere that the WIFI chip on the S7...was quite new when brought out and is not particularly stable with MuMIMO. My router is an AX88U...and this also worked on an AC66U B1...hope this fixes it for you...took me months to work this out!
    The march build has been really buggy for me so far. The phone takes a long time to start or restarts half way through the process. When shutting the phone down it usually does a restart first and I have to shut it down again. The wifi keeps disconnecting and the overall pereformance also seems lacking but that could be a reverse placebo effect.

Can't say it is buggy overall but agree that the random Wifi disconnects is a bit annoying...basically I lose Wifi like every 5 minutes~ish and has to reconnect (sometimes I have to enable and disable Wifi a few times to connect). Since I am using the phone as a Wifi-only device (i.e., no SIM card in there) it could get pretty annoying when the network connection gets cut off every 5 minutes....

I also flashed the April build (originally dirty flashed but then it bootlooped so I factory-reset it), and it was the same thing as well. And this happened both before and after I rooted the OS.

I have 2.4G and 5G sharing the same SSID and I downloaded a Wifi Analyzer it seems that the phone is always connecting to a specific 5G channel and doesn't switch to 2.4G (or any other 5G channel) at all. Also tried to turn on and turn off Wi-Fi scan throttling in Developer options and that didn't seem to help either.

I am using AiMesh with Asus Merlin firmware if that makes any difference. My model is G930W8. Have a dozen other tablets/phones running in the house plus tonnes of smart devices and this is the only one that constantly disconnects, didn't happen when I was using stock firmware either.

Not sure what else can be done. Anyone has any thoughts I'd appreciate your help!

One nice thing though is battery is really amazing on this, I can get 2 days in one charge without any problems (although granted I run like probably 5 apps on the phone).

Added the logcat below if anyone who is interested in digging out what happened. Did a quick Google on the error message and it seems to have related to this bug (although this is for another phone and on another version of Lineage):

I use WPA2 - Personal
    k5tUT1V.png

LineageOS 18.1 for herolte

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Working:
    - Wifi
    - Sound
    - mali drivers
    - USB tethering
    - HW Backed video Playback
    - Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
    - Sensors
    - Buttons and their backlight
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi HotSpot
    - MTP
    - 2D and 3D gpu acceleration
    - HW encoding/decoding
    - HWcomposer (HWC)
    - Charging with device powered off
    - Stuff I didn't test yet
    - Camera
    - GPS
    - Fingerprint Sensor
    - Mobicore
    - SW codecs

Not Working
    -

Take a note that a lot of LineageOS features have not been completed yet this is not a device bug and please do not report those
    in this rom thread as you will be reported to moderator also do not post bug reports for known issues or bug reports without proper
    a) Logcat
    b) proc/last_kmsg (or proc/kmsg)
    c) data/tombstones
    d) dmesg

Also do not under any circumstances post bug reports if you are using substratum themes or unsupported magisk modules or you have performed any system modifications

Install gapps right after installing the rom itself dont try to boot to system before that if you want to use gapps
    NikGapps and BiTgapps were both tested and working

Downloads:
    Google Drive
    Mega.nz
    MD5: 544cced9aa79f80562b3859d0d56c372

I do this in my free time so bear that in mind when you notice I didn't fix known bug in next available build, Currently i work on this alone and i am not one of those kangers that just copy source and claim it as their own work,
    if you want to support the project feel free to buy me some coffee paypal.me/ivanmeler

Feel free to join telegram group with early builds progress updates and some off topic stuff Join

Due to requests from some users I added signature spoofing support to the rom which allows usage of MicroG
    you can simply install MinMicroG and grant it needed permissions for signature spoofing to make it work as intended

Based On Android 11/R
    Changelog

- Synced with LOS source

- Fixed Vulkan
    - Disabled WPA2 to WPA3 auto-upgrade (This caused issues on some wifi networks)
    - Rebased AntiFlicker and livedisplay support
    - Performance and stability improvements
    - Synced April 2021 Security Update
    - Synced with LOS source

- Added signature spoofing support for MicroG
    - Cleaned up codebase
    - Misc performance and satbility improvements
    - Synced with LOSsource

- Fixed Mouse pointer icon when using an external mouse
    - Improved swcodec handling
    - Merged March 2021. security update
    - Synced with LOS source

- Fixed cover case display states being flipped
    - Improved renderscript handling
    - Further imrpoved selinux policies and fixed denials
    - Fixed binder related vurnability in kernel
    - disabled zcache compression which could caue kernel panics
    - Misc performance and stability improvements
    - Synced with LOS source

- Improved HWC handling
    - Added always on display
    - Fixed issue where some games would show swapped colors
    - Rebased sepolicy
    - Fixed hwc selinux denials that slowed down UI
    - Added support for smart cover cases
    - Imrpoved renderscript performance
    - Imrpoved offline charging (New animation and it should recognize wireless charger while phone is off now)
    - Misc performance and stability improvements (A lot of them, as always you can check github and lineageos gerrit)
    - Merged February 2021. security update
    - Synced with LineageOS source

- Fixed HWC
    - Drastically improved performance and battery life
    - Added back flicker free dimming and fast charging switch (Now as hiidl interfaces)
    - Switched to samsungs DT2W driver used on AOD on stock (Battery life improvements)
    - Added custom LiveDisplay modes
    - Disabled some excess logging
    - Cleaned up codebase

- Merged januart 2021 Security Updat
    - Fixed issues with fingerprint in 3rd party secure apps (banking apps paypal password managers)
    - Updated prebuilt binaries
    - Cleaned up mixer paths
    - Added neural network drivers
    - Disabled p2p mac randomization
    - Fixed wifi direct
    - Removed unused 32bit drivers
    - Improved performance and stability
    - A lot more unmder the hood changes

- Merged december 2020 security update
    - Fixed volume adjustment with audio
    - Drastically improved audio quality
    - Merged December pixel feature drop
    - Fixed noise cancelling in call

- Fixed in call audio (Volume changing in call is still somewhat broken)
    - Merged November 2020 security update
    - Imrpoved BT audio handling
    - Selinux is back in Enforcing mode
    - Fixed signal strenght indicator for all network modes (2g/3g/4g)
    - Fixed soft buttons backlight handling
    - Fixed fingerprint recognition in some apps (Non secure ones for now)
    - Fixed glove mode
    - Synced with LOS source

- Improved brightness slider range
    - Improved microphone input in some voip apps
    - Synced with LOS source

- Initial release

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 18.0 for S7, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S7

Contributors
    Ivan_Meler
    Source Code: https://github.com/8890q/android_kernel_samsung_universal8890/tree/lineage-18.1

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.x

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Beta Version: 0.6.5
    Beta Release Date: 2021-01-24

Created 2020-10-05
    Last Updated 2021-01-24
    New builds are up here is a brief changelog

- Improved HWC handling
    - Added always on display
    - Fixed issue where some games would show swapped colors
    - Rebased sepolicy
    - Fixed hwc selinux denials that slowed down UI
    - Added support for smart cover cases
    - Imrpoved renderscript performance
    - Imrpoved offline charging (New animation and it should recognize wireless charger while phone is off now)
    - Misc performance and stability improvements (A lot of them, as always you can check github and lineageos gerrit)
    - Merged February 2021. security update
    - Synced with LineageOS source

As always big thanks to everyone who donated and helped support this project (It covers coffee and build server cost) and keeping s7 alive with yet another android version 5 years after phones release
    New builds with yet another months worth of security updates and some extras is up, here is a brief changelog
    - Fixed Vulkan
    - Disabled WPA2 to WPA3 auto-upgrade (This caused issues on some wifi networks)
    - Rebased AntiFlicker and livedisplay support
    - Synced April 2021 Security Update
    - Synced with LOS source

As always big thanks to everyone who donated as that helped offset the build server cost and keep the project alive with yet another android version

17.1 builds will be updated in a few days
    Enjoy new build and stay safe
    New builds are up and as per requests of some people Signature spoofing support is added (In a way that doesnt make it a security threat as app has to be flashed to system,have proper priv-app xml permissions and user has to explictly grant permission for the given app) you can sue it with MinMicroG

Other than that there are just some performane and satbility improvements, here is a brief changelog
    - Added signature spoofing support for MicroG
    - Cleaned up codebase
    - Misc performance and satbility improvements
    - Synced with LOSsource

Big thanks to everyone who donated as their donations help cover the build server cost and keep the device alive more than 5 years after release with up to date OS and security patches
    New build is up with few small fixes here is a brief changelog

- Fixed cover case display states being flipped
    - Improved renderscript handling
    - Further imrpoved selinux policies and fixed denials
    - Fixed binder related vurnability in kernel
    - disabled zcache compression which could caue kernel panics
    - Synced with LOS source

Big thanks to everyone who supported this project as their donations helpo with build server cost and coffee, enjoy new build and stay safe
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone