• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][STABLE][Signature Spoofing/MicroG support] LineageOS 18.1 for S7 Exynos

Search This thread

Ivan_Meler

Recognized Developer
Here we go another motn another build, this time with a bit more than just a security updates
here is a brief changelog
- Added battery saver options (settings -> battery)
This allows you to limit phone charging to given percentage
(By default it stops on 75% and starts charging at 25%)
this can be controled by sysfs paths
module/sec_battery/parameters/store_mode_min
and
module/sec_battery/parameters/store_mode_max
In future release there will be a slider for this
- Merged August 2021. Security update
- Merged August 2021. Security update to kernel
- Misc performance and stability improvements
- Synced with LOS source

big thanks to everyone who supported this project as their donations help cover the build server cost (and coffee ) and keep this phone alive
on latest android versions, As soon as android 12 source is out ill do my best to get it up and running on s7 too
DOnt forget you can always join thelegram group for progress updates and general chat (link in the OP), enjoy the new build and stay safe

wiwi11

Aug 3, 2021
I love my S7, but i need trading and banking apps from Google Play. Must i install 17.1 or can i use this 18.1 with MicroG. Is there a guide for install MicroG?
I am from germany and i am new here. Sorry and thanks for help.

derders

Oct 2, 2011
I love my S7, but i need trading and banking apps from Google Play. Must i install 17.1 or can i use this 18.1 with MicroG. Is there a guide for install MicroG?
I am from germany and i am new here. Sorry and thanks for help.
easy install with NanoDroid. Choose from downloadpage Stable NanoDroid-microG zip if you only want MicroG - but I would install NanoDroid-fdroid zip too (for updating microg) Nanodroid will install AuroraStore which replaces Playstore.

Zoot Allures

Jul 17, 2011
Thanks @Ivan_Meler for the hard and good work on that.

Got an old S7 from a friend to replace my drowned M31, installed the July 18.1 you provided to us.
Everything's fine except some lag while browsing files in RootExplorer (go figure) with the most usage I make from a device: listening to music, browsing Usenet (yeah, old school geezer inside) or the web, some traveling with gMaps. Pretty stable and functional. Thumbs up!

Until I got my girl on vocal with the phone (yeah, I don't call that much), she was on the road through her car play/droid play... except hearing her giggling (what a joy), I lost her voice, she said she heard me like in an echo room. Awful experience.
Don't know how you'd be able to sort that out.

Got back on the last Samsung droid 8 for that but I'll follow up any update from this Lineage 18.1, anyway.

Thanks again, mate!

Bentogen

Aug 7, 2021
So first of all you are definetely helping me to keep my S7, but I have some minor issues, the echo issue is something I have too, but also my compass always shows in the opposite direction since I installed this build although I calibrated it many times, is there anyone else with this problem? Btw does anybody know how to patch a magisk boot image on the S7, because as far as I know there is no way to use fastboot on a S7, is there? So I assume I have to do it using Odin but I have no clue how.

Zoot Allures

Jul 17, 2011
Hey @Bentogen,

If I went the good ol' Chainfire SuperSU way with built in Oreo, I had to use Magisk with this 18.1 Droid 11.
Could have been some 20.x Magisk, none of the newer versions I mean, I installed the manager, dare to ask it to flash the boot loader (standard "install procedure" -- I mean, without having to extract boot.img then flash it and so on) and it did its job pretty straightforward, no fuss: it booted and voilà!

Was I lucky? :cool:

edit: adding some explanations

rho-bot

Jul 1, 2017
.., but also my compass always shows in the opposite direction since I installed this build although I calibrated it many times, is there anyone else with this problem?
I have the same issue, although on ivans LOS16. Orientation sensor shows 180° in North dir.
Maybe an issue with builtin hw (Magnetic sensor YAS537), which needs invertion by config?

Update: After doing manual calibration of magnetic sensor, Orientation works as expected. Unfortunately, it seems the calibration is not persistent within LOS, therefore needs to be done after each reboot :/

Last edited:
Reactions: Bentogen

flouli

Apr 13, 2021
Düsseldorf
www.nmr.hhu.de
So first of all you are definetely helping me to keep my S7, but I have some minor issues, the echo issue is something I have too, but also my compass always shows in the opposite direction since I installed this build although I calibrated it many times, is there anyone else with this problem? Btw does anybody know how to patch a magisk boot image on the S7, because as far as I know there is no way to use fastboot on a S7, is there? So I assume I have to do it using Odin but I have no clue how.
You can patch the current Magisk version via recovery. Download as apk, rename to zip, boot to recovery, patch and you are done.

Reactions: Bentogen

ukleinek

Jan 11, 2019
Samsung Galaxy S7
I'm still on 18.1-20210708 but experience a few annoyances (not only since this build):

- fennec (i.e. firefox from fdroid) is slow at contacting websites and also very little reactive e.g. when filling out forms.
- compass is strange in satstat and osmand, it's not wrong by a fixed angle, but jitters when not moving the phone and doesn't show deterministic behaviour when moving the phone

No idea how to debug these, but I'm willing to invest time if someone points me to a description about how to provide useful feedback.

I also wonder if it's expected that I can update the phone to a new version without losing data. Last time I tried (i.e. when updating from May 2021? to July 2021 this resulted in a bootloop for me and only redoing the whole installation including formatting of various partitions fixed it for me.

Last edited:

Roberto W.

Dec 10, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
-fennec (i.e. firefox from fdroid) is slow at contacting websites and also very little reactive e.g. when filling out forms.

I also wonder if it's expected that I can update the phone to a new version without losing data. Last time I tried (i.e. when updating from May 2021? to July 2021 this resulted in a bootloop for me and only redoing the whole installation including formatting of various partitions fixed it for me.
do u have these slow connections only with wifi or on all data connections? i have it only on some wifi networks and specially on my home network. the reason is a change on the kernel in later may, so it happens since the june releases.

i also have had a bootloop last time i updated, i tried it some times and after a while the bootloop was gone. no clean install was needed. i dont know the reason for it.

ukleinek

Jan 11, 2019
Samsung Galaxy S7
do u have these slow connections only with wifi or on all data connections? i have it only on some wifi networks and specially on my home network. the reason is a change on the kernel in later may, so it happens since the june releases.
I only use wifi as I don't have a data plan for my SIM card. I have wiresharking the traffic on my todo list, but didn't come around that yet. Using the Browser App built into the message is quicker.

i also have had a bootloop last time i updated, i tried it some times and after a while the bootloop was gone. no clean install was needed. i dont know the reason for it.
ok, thanks for sharing this, makes a feel a bit less like a fool :)

Roberto W.

Dec 10, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
I only use wifi as I don't have a data plan for my SIM card. I have wiresharking the traffic on my todo list, but didn't come around that yet. Using the Browser App built into the message is quicker.

ok, thanks for sharing this, makes a feel a bit less like a fool :)

i got a lot of ssl errors all the time. sometimes connections not able to be established. i flashed the boot image (kernel only) of the may image, after that all is working good again.

Wrtlbrmft

Jun 14, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S7
Maybe a stupid question. But do you pass SaftyNet with magisk (hide)?
Screenshot_20210810-061949_Magisk.png

Why would that be a stupid question?

Reactions: chrisrevoltes
Apr 16, 2017
Hi, after 1 year with stock ROM and loads of mods from Magisk and edXposed, time to get a new ROM. This one fits my needs, I installed nikGapps basic, removed Google Dialer and installed another AOSP based dialer, and I can record calls very easily.
Many thanks for the ROM and your work!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About October security update and Android 12
    October update for android 11 should be out on monday which is also release date for android 12
    After figuring out 12 source android 11 and 10 roms will still be updated but most developement will move to 12.
    Keep in mind it might take few weeks before we have first usable build as I do this in my free time free of charge
    with help of donations of couse to cover a build server cost and get me coffee, Nonetheless s7 will live to see yet another android version after samsung abandoned it on oreo

Big thanks to everyone who supported this project so far as its only thanks to them that its still alive and being regularly updated (mostly due to build server coost)
    Enjoy your weekend and stay safe
    Another progress update on Android 12 i tracked down all needed kernel commits and they include complete BPF and cgroup backports from new kernels
    There are also some good news, I booted android 12 on my s10 to see if any device tree changes will be needed and there were only few changes needed to get everything working in same state as it was on android 11 so once i sort kernel out build should actually be stable, Once again no etas yet as this is quite a large backport to kernel and big thanks to everyone who got me coffe on PayPal as it really helps when fighting with kernel haha
    Here we go another security update here is a brief changelog
    - Merged October security update
    - Merged October Kernel upodates to 3.18.x
    - Added more advanced burn in protection
    - Misc performance and stability updates
    - Synced with LOS source

Android 12 source has also been released so work on it will begin this week if everything goes to plan we will see s7 running yet another new android version this year
    Big thanks to everyone who supported this project by donations as their donations help cover the build server cost and get me a coffee, enjoy new build and stay safe
    Some progress updates on android 12, I got it compiled and while it does try to start kernel needs a lot of backports for cgroup to not kill processes and actually work, this will take some time but progress is steadily being made, Once again no etas yet as i do this in my free time
    I also notice a problem with build-in camera app and flash (automatic mode).
    The click noise appears after the flash disappears and a rather dark picture is stored. Also a message (open camera error id =0)
    appears on the screen. If no flash is necessary (in automatic mode) everything is OK.
    With Open Camera this problem didn't happend. Version 18.1-20211005
    k5tUT1V.png

LineageOS 18.1 for herolte

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Working:
    - Wifi
    - Sound
    - mali drivers
    - USB tethering
    - HW Backed video Playback
    - Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
    - Sensors
    - Buttons and their backlight
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi HotSpot
    - MTP
    - 2D and 3D gpu acceleration
    - HW encoding/decoding
    - HWcomposer (HWC)
    - Charging with device powered off
    - Stuff I didn't test yet
    - Camera
    - GPS
    - Fingerprint Sensor
    - Mobicore
    - SW codecs

Not Working
    -

Take a note that a lot of LineageOS features have not been completed yet this is not a device bug and please do not report those
    in this rom thread as you will be reported to moderator also do not post bug reports for known issues or bug reports without proper
    a) Logcat
    b) proc/last_kmsg (or proc/kmsg)
    c) data/tombstones
    d) dmesg

Also do not under any circumstances post bug reports if you are using substratum themes or unsupported magisk modules or you have performed any system modifications

Install gapps right after installing the rom itself dont try to boot to system before that if you want to use gapps
    NikGapps and BiTgapps were both tested and working

Downloads:
    Google Drive
    Mega.nz
    MD5: 14e0813c0958e7973d1a3afeb6d28d94

I do this in my free time so bear that in mind when you notice I didn't fix known bug in next available build, Currently i work on this alone and i am not one of those kangers that just copy source and claim it as their own work,
    if you want to support the project feel free to buy me some coffee paypal.me/ivanmeler

Feel free to join telegram group with early builds progress updates and some off topic stuff Join

Due to requests from some users I added signature spoofing support to the rom which allows usage of MicroG
    you can simply install MinMicroG and grant it needed permissions for signature spoofing to make it work as intended

Based On Android 11/R
    Changelog

- Merged October security update
    - Merged October Kernel upodates to 3.18.x
    - Added more advanced burn in protection
    - Misc performance and stability updates
    - Synced with LOS source

- Merged September 2021. Security Update
    - Merged September 2021. Security update to kernel
    - Fixed WiFi Display (Screen mirroring)
    - Resolved few sepolicy issues
    - Synced with LOS source

- Added battery saver options (settings -> battery)
    This allows you to limit phone charging to given percentage
    (By default it stops on 75% and starts charging at 25%)
    this can be controled by sysfs paths
    module/sec_battery/parameters/store_mode_min
    and
    module/sec_battery/parameters/store_mode_max
    In future release there will be a slider for this
    - Merged August 2021. Security update
    - Merged August 2021. Security update to kernel
    - Synced with LOS source

- Merged latest kernel patches from kernel/common android-3.18 branch
    - Merged July 2021. security update
    - Synced with LOS source
    - misc performance and stability improvements

- Kernel: Fixed issue where using external sdcard as combined internal storage caused high cpu usage
    - Removed leftover aosp charging animations
    - mounted cpefs folder on boot
    - Added NFC Extended Lenght support
    - Fixed power profile swtiching (Better performance/battery life)
    - Synced with LOS source

- Audio: resewt mixer gains to default values since we have lifevibes working now and handling it
    - Audio: Reworked incall audio handling in mixer paths to disable 2nd mic that was picking up noise
    - Audio: Reworked voice commands input mixer paths
    - Audio: Fixed voip calls not picking up microphone due to wrong paths (e.g. apps telegram, whatsapp)
    - Replaced vulkan lib with symlink to mali lib (Like on stock) (This saved some space too)
    - Kernel: Merged upstream aosp 3.18 kernel
    - Kernel: Merged latest upstream cpufreq (DVFS) patches for dynamic voltage and frequency handling
    - Kernel: Enabled CONFIG_HZ_300 for faster interaction handling
    - Cleaned up public.libraries.txt
    - Resolved few more sepolicy issues
    - A lot of perforamnce and stability improvements
    - Synced with LOS source

- Removed deprecated custom bt hal as AOSP one works too with extra config flag
    - removed audio effects from voice_recognition as it caused audio hal to crash/restart
    - Merged June 2021. Security update
    - Synced with LOS source

- kernel: reverted "net: disable netpoll on fresh napis" which caused cpu to lock up at higher frequencies
    - removed unsupported audio devices from audio policy config
    - Synced with LOS source

- sepolicy: Resolved audioserver denial
    - sepolicy: Allowed mediaserver to read exported_camera_prop
    - Moved volume panel to left side
    - Removed invalid media codec config for vc1 decoder
    - Removed prop that would try to load non existing vulkan lib
    - Updated media profiles to new schema
    - kernel: Upstreamed and updated to 3.18.140 with all of the latyest security patches and updates to date
    - kernel: enabled vdso32 (https://source.android.com/devices/architecture/kernel/config#vdso32-on-arm64) perf. and battery life improvements
    - kernel: fixed issues with obb folder present in rare cases
    - kernel: merged latest android kernel/common 3.18 branch
    - kernel: updated wireguard
    - kernel: merged N935FXXS8CUD1 source drop
    - Synced with latest los source

- sepolicy: Allowed cbd (Modem daemon) service to read proc_net sysfs
    - sepolicy: Allowed gpuservice acces to graphics_config_prop
    - sepolicy: improved debugfs handling for mali and ion
    - Fixed video recording in a lot of apps (Might require clean flash for some users)
    - Updated blobs to N935FXXS8CUD1 (April 2021 security update)
    - Fixed edge case where fast charging switch would be ignored because its chwoned too late
    - Compiled NFC hal from source (Google released samsung nfc source
    (https://android.googlesource.com/platform/hardware/samsung/nfc/), (Should improve stability)
    - Upreved livedisplay implementation (to 2.1) with native flicker free support
    - Added lifevibes blobs for audio effects and enhancements
    - Merged May 2021 security update
    - Synced with LOS source

- Fixed Vulkan
    - Disabled WPA2 to WPA3 auto-upgrade (This caused issues on some wifi networks)
    - Rebased AntiFlicker and livedisplay support
    - Performance and stability improvements
    - Synced April 2021 Security Update
    - Synced with LOS source

- Added signature spoofing support for MicroG
    - Cleaned up codebase
    - Misc performance and satbility improvements
    - Synced with LOSsource

- Fixed Mouse pointer icon when using an external mouse
    - Improved swcodec handling
    - Merged March 2021. security update
    - Synced with LOS source

- Fixed cover case display states being flipped
    - Improved renderscript handling
    - Further imrpoved selinux policies and fixed denials
    - Fixed binder related vurnability in kernel
    - disabled zcache compression which could caue kernel panics
    - Synced with LOS source

- Improved HWC handling
    - Added always on display
    - Fixed issue where some games would show swapped colors
    - Rebased sepolicy
    - Fixed hwc selinux denials that slowed down UI
    - Added support for smart cover cases
    - Imrpoved renderscript performance
    - Imrpoved offline charging (New animation and it should recognize wireless charger while phone is off now)
    - Misc performance and stability improvements (A lot of them, as always you can check github and lineageos gerrit)
    - Merged February 2021. security update
    - Synced with LineageOS source

- Fixed HWC
    - Drastically improved performance and battery life
    - Added back flicker free dimming and fast charging switch (Now as hiidl interfaces)
    - Switched to samsungs DT2W driver used on AOD on stock (Battery life improvements)
    - Added custom LiveDisplay modes
    - Disabled some excess logging
    - Cleaned up codebase

- Merged januart 2021 Security Updat
    - Fixed issues with fingerprint in 3rd party secure apps (banking apps paypal password managers)
    - Updated prebuilt binaries
    - Cleaned up mixer paths
    - Added neural network drivers
    - Disabled p2p mac randomization
    - Fixed wifi direct
    - Removed unused 32bit drivers
    - Improved performance and stability
    - A lot more unmder the hood changes

- Merged december 2020 security update
    - Fixed volume adjustment with audio
    - Drastically improved audio quality
    - Merged December pixel feature drop
    - Fixed noise cancelling in call

- Fixed in call audio (Volume changing in call is still somewhat broken)
    - Merged November 2020 security update
    - Imrpoved BT audio handling
    - Selinux is back in Enforcing mode
    - Fixed signal strenght indicator for all network modes (2g/3g/4g)
    - Fixed soft buttons backlight handling
    - Fixed fingerprint recognition in some apps (Non secure ones for now)
    - Fixed glove mode
    - Synced with LOS source

- Improved brightness slider range
    - Improved microphone input in some voip apps
    - Synced with LOS source

- Initial release

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 18.0 for S7, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S7

Contributors
    Ivan_Meler
    Source Code: https://github.com/8890q/android_kernel_samsung_universal8890/tree/lineage-18.1

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.x

Version Information
    Stable
    New builds are up, Here is a brief changelog

- Merged September 2021. Security Update
    - Merged September 2021. Security update to kernel
    - Fixed WiFi Display (Screen mirroring)
    - Resolved few sepolicy issues
    - Synced with LOS source

Builds were delied a bit this month due to google pushing source and security update itself later than usual but there are a few extra fixes that apply to s7 that are also included like working Wireless display
    Updated builds of 17.1 will be posted in a few days too

Also Android 12 is around the corner and once source for that is out I will start working on getting it up and running on s7 thats at this point over a 5 years old device but still can handle new android releases perfectly

Big thanks to everyone who supported this project in past as their donations help cover the build server cost and get me a coffee (I do this on a hobby in my free time)
    Because of those people this project and device is still alive
    Enjoy new build and stay safe
    Another surprise build is up, here is a brief changelog

- Audio: resewt mixer gains to default values since we have lifevibes working now and handling it
    - Audio: Reworked incall audio handling in mixer paths to disable 2nd mic that was picking up noise
    - Audio: Reworked voice commands input mixer paths
    - Audio: Fixed voip calls not picking up microphone due to wrong paths (e.g. apps telegram, whatsapp)
    - Replaced vulkan lib with symlink to mali lib (Like on stock) (This saved some space too)
    - Kernel: Merged upstream aosp 3.18 kernel
    - Kernel: Merged latest upstream cpufreq (DVFS) patches for dynamic voltage and frequency handling
    - Kernel: Enabled CONFIG_HZ_300 for faster interaction handling
    - Cleaned up public.libraries.txt
    - Resolved few more sepolicy issues
    - A lot of perforamnce and stability improvements
    - Synced with LOS source

There are a lot of general improvements in this build and since i just came back from vacation i decided i could as well publish it early instead of waiting for next month so enjoy, Once again big thanks to everyone who supported this project with donations as i do this in my free time for free and their donations help offset build server cost and get me coffee.
    New builds are up here is a brief changelog

- Improved HWC handling
    - Added always on display
    - Fixed issue where some games would show swapped colors
    - Rebased sepolicy
    - Fixed hwc selinux denials that slowed down UI
    - Added support for smart cover cases
    - Imrpoved renderscript performance
    - Imrpoved offline charging (New animation and it should recognize wireless charger while phone is off now)
    - Misc performance and stability improvements (A lot of them, as always you can check github and lineageos gerrit)
    - Merged February 2021. security update
    - Synced with LineageOS source

As always big thanks to everyone who donated and helped support this project (It covers coffee and build server cost) and keeping s7 alive with yet another android version 5 years after phones release
    New builds with yet another months worth of security updates and some extras is up, here is a brief changelog
    - Fixed Vulkan
    - Disabled WPA2 to WPA3 auto-upgrade (This caused issues on some wifi networks)
    - Rebased AntiFlicker and livedisplay support
    - Synced April 2021 Security Update
    - Synced with LOS source

As always big thanks to everyone who donated as that helped offset the build server cost and keep the project alive with yet another android version

17.1 builds will be updated in a few days