• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][STAG OS 11][RAV*/SOFIA*][UNOFFICIAL][NO GAPPS]

Search This thread

SunlightV2

Jun 12, 2020
Cordoba

yYjBek2.png
1) You need have a custom recovery installed (TWRP recommended)

12zAeQl.png

Hey another day another rom, that's what you might be thinking. but we at stag (I'll try not to use big words, because the idea is to be simple) aim at something towards elegance. We are learners just like everyone out there, This is small something we have started which helps us learn every single day. Why Stag, you might question, my answer would be why not. After all Harry's patronus was a stag(pun intended). Anyway, so the aim here is to provide a really good experience to everyone who uses, everyone on telegram channel can contact us and request, everything will be considered, because if you as users feel something missing, it obviously must be missing. So looking forward for people using our StagOS and giving us all your precious feedback.

~Sic Parvis Magna~

PS: for people wondering what sic parvis magna is, it translates to great endings from small beginnings, Something i picked up while playing a game.

Credits where they are Due

Google(No explanation needed n this regards)

Lineage(For starting of the custom rom war)

KCUF Rom(For acting as base)

Omni Rom, Slim Rom, DirtyUnicorns, AospExtended and every other project whose contributions lead to many of the features present.
fZPHbGP.png

* Your warranty is now void.

* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards

* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
JVNmgNq.png

1. StatusBar

Traffic Indicators

Battery Icon

Clock Settings

Carrier Label

Old Mobile Type Icons

Brightness Control

4G - LTE Toggle

Volit Icon Toggle

2. Quick Settings

Header Images

QS panel Opacity

QS Tile Animations

Brightness Slider Position

Auto Brightness Icon Toggle

Status Bar Header Clock

QS Rows And Columns Customisation

3. Volume Keys

Volume Keys Cursor

Playback Control

Volume Rocker Wake

4. Animations

System Animations

Listview Animations

Screen Off Animations

Power Menu Animations

QS tiles Animations

5. Navigation Bar

Full Screen Gesture Mode

Invert Layout

Pulse

6. Gestures

AOSP Gestures

Prevent Ringing

DT2S On Lockscreen Ans Statusbar

Three Finger Screenshot

7. Lock Screen

Lock Screen Clock Styles

Music Visualiser

Charging info

8. Power Menu

Advanced Restart

Screenshot

Settings

9. Styles And Wallpapers

Lockscreen Clock Faces

Styles (Icon Shapes And All)

10. Notifications

Notification Light

Battery Charging Light

Heads Up Notifications toggle

Edge Lighting

11. Display

Ambient Display

Night Light

Icon Shapes

Color Bucket

RGB Accent Picker

Gradient Accents

Font Manager

12. System

RGB Accent Picker

Dashboard Icons

-Gaming Mode

zxx2us0.png

ROM -Fastbootd Images

ROM -Twrp Flashable zip
RBtbIDF.png
For installing roms you have two forms
1- via twrp flashable zip
2- via fastbootd

for twrp install make sure you have both your a and b slot filled , then :
1- copy the zip of the rom and the gapps to a sd card
2-format data
3-flash the zom rip
4-reboot recovery so the slot where the rom as installed changes
5-flash gapps or micro g or whatever you uses
6-reboot to system and set up
7-flash magisk and whatever other things u like

2-via fastbootd :
1-copy all imgs extracted from the fastbootd zip in your platfoorm tools folder
2- format data of your device
3- put the device on fastbootd mode : if using stock recovery put phone in bootloader mode connect to pc and then open adb and then write fastboot reboot fastboot
4- if using twrp , go to reboot menu and reboot to fastboot
5- flash images : fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img fastboot flash system system.img fastboot flash product product.img
6-reboot to twrp or boot and install gapps , micro g or whatever you use
7- reboot to system and setup
8- reboot to recovery and install magisk or whatever u want

5PqmdRt.png

Whatever Features you find in first build there's no guarantee that they will carry on to the subsequent builds.

As 69+ features help only to boast, and this ROM over here is not only meant for that. We want you to boast but not by the features, We want you to fall in love with the touch. So here I'll be adding up the features that i intend on adding/removing. we are starting of with many features just to find out what you like/what you don't.
JSNWh3U.png

There's a huge list here

Very firstly there're two people who i'd like to extend my big thanks

@darshan1205 The person who taught me everything i needed to start and @hridaySharma who always helped.

nextly @the_Darkbeast who helped me through all the rom and device related stuff.

@shekawat2 for letting us reference on his rom, which helped in making a great base for stag

Then there are the precious testers without whom many things would still be broken, These change from device to device and will properly be given credits.

In garlic Pritish Joshi, Saqid, Sandeep and myself tested the rom thoroughly to rid it of all the major bugs.

Finally Me and @phenom87 We work on the source

we also have vinothraja and Abhimanyu shekhawat, who always guide us in times of issues a big thanks to them

the wallpaper and bootanimation yu experience all thanks to pritish joshi

and the last member in group Rakesh rakhi samuel, who takes care of coding things and web management

also thanks to :
@bcrichster
@Beetle84
@asineth
@Rondeau79
@gearsofwar567
@kjjjnob

Special thanks:
@vache
Ce5zT1J.png
ZJSazPb.png

ROM

Kernel

Device Tree

zxiion

Mar 21, 2021
Hi, I am about to give your rom a try after having had some issues with a few others, among other things. I'll let you know how it turns out, do you have a chatroom I can drop into later?

Apr 13, 2021
I'm getting a lot of "operation not permitted" while trying to flash with TWRP. If I try to do I on the fastboot it refuses to flash vbmeta (anti-downgrade), system, and product (both "Command failed" "FAILED (remote: '')".

What should I do?

Last edited:
I'm getting a lot of "operation not permitted" while trying to flash with TWRP. If I try to do I on the fastboot it refuses to flash vbmeta (anti-downgrade), system, and product (both "Command failed" "FAILED (remote: '')".

What should I do?
Are you using the newest version of TWRP? If so, then re-flash back to stock recovery and try the fastbootd option

Apr 13, 2021
Are you using the newest version of TWRP? If so, then re-flash back to stock recovery and try the fastbootd option
The one here (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/recovery-unofficial-twrp-3-5-0.4155041/) is the last one, right?

The model the device reports to be (XT2043-7) is indeed the 2020 one and not the 2021 one.

As I've said in my previous post, I've tried the fastboot option and it doesn't work. I've even tried the "trick" used by mightysween to no success. Should I try to run sudo chmod -R 777 / (at least the vast majority of "operation not permitted" errors are when trying to access folders)?

Last edited:
The one here (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/recovery-unofficial-twrp-3-5-0.4155041/) is the last one, right?

The model the device reports to be (XT2043-7) is indeed the 2020 one and not the 2021 one.

As I've said in my previous post, I've tried the fastboot option and it doesn't work. I've even tried the "trick" used by mightysween to no success. Should I try to run sudo chmod -R 777 / (at least the vast majority of "operation not permitted" errors are when trying to access folders)?
I'd say give it a shot. If it fails, attempt an adb sideload. That would be my last ditch effort.

I've left it running for sever hours, and what happened is simply nothing. If that's not stuck I don't know what is.
This is quite interesting here.
Let's try it by this steps.
1. Download the moto flash tool and flash the latest rom by your carrier. Run the stock rom once, don't put in your info into google for it will be a waste of time.
2. Go to the bootloader and flash TWRP to slots a and b
3. In TWRP wipe the data and nothing else.
4. If you're doing fastbootd method flash in this order (boot, vbmeta, product, system). If you're doing this thru TWRP, just flash the .zip file
5. Flash gapps then reboot into system

Hopefully this works, if not please telegram the op.

Apr 13, 2021
This is quite interesting here.
Let's try it by this steps.
1. Download the moto flash tool and flash the latest rom by your carrier. Run the stock rom once, don't put in your info into google for it will be a waste of time.
2. Go to the bootloader and flash TWRP to slots a and b
3. In TWRP wipe the data and nothing else.
4. If you're doing fastbootd method flash in this order (boot, vbmeta, product, system). If you're doing this thru TWRP, just flash the .zip file
5. Flash gapps then reboot into system

Hopefully this works, if not please telegram the op.
Wait, Gapss/MigroG are mandatory?
It's stuck on the boot anymation even after flashing MicroG.

Last edited:
Wait, Gapss/MigroG are mandatory?
It's stuck on the boot anymation even after flashing MicroG.
I decided to give it a go and test things out. Unfortunately, it's not working for me anymore. I did several attempts thru TWRP and stock versions of fastbootd. I'm going to find a workaround this, hopefully we'll get through this, if not, I'll just try a different OS. Hate having to swap different OS's for that it's time consuming...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

yYjBek2.png
    1) You need have a custom recovery installed (TWRP recommended)

12zAeQl.png

Hey another day another rom, that's what you might be thinking. but we at stag (I'll try not to use big words, because the idea is to be simple) aim at something towards elegance. We are learners just like everyone out there, This is small something we have started which helps us learn every single day. Why Stag, you might question, my answer would be why not. After all Harry's patronus was a stag(pun intended). Anyway, so the aim here is to provide a really good experience to everyone who uses, everyone on telegram channel can contact us and request, everything will be considered, because if you as users feel something missing, it obviously must be missing. So looking forward for people using our StagOS and giving us all your precious feedback.

~Sic Parvis Magna~

PS: for people wondering what sic parvis magna is, it translates to great endings from small beginnings, Something i picked up while playing a game.

Credits where they are Due

Google(No explanation needed n this regards)

Lineage(For starting of the custom rom war)

KCUF Rom(For acting as base)

Omni Rom, Slim Rom, DirtyUnicorns, AospExtended and every other project whose contributions lead to many of the features present.
    fZPHbGP.png

* Your warranty is now void.

* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards

* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    JVNmgNq.png

1. StatusBar

Traffic Indicators

Battery Icon

Clock Settings

Carrier Label

Old Mobile Type Icons

Brightness Control

4G - LTE Toggle

Volit Icon Toggle

2. Quick Settings

Header Images

QS panel Opacity

QS Tile Animations

Brightness Slider Position

Auto Brightness Icon Toggle

Status Bar Header Clock

QS Rows And Columns Customisation

3. Volume Keys

Volume Keys Cursor

Playback Control

Volume Rocker Wake

4. Animations

System Animations

Listview Animations

Screen Off Animations

Power Menu Animations

QS tiles Animations

5. Navigation Bar

Full Screen Gesture Mode

Invert Layout

Pulse

6. Gestures

AOSP Gestures

Prevent Ringing

DT2S On Lockscreen Ans Statusbar

Three Finger Screenshot

7. Lock Screen

Lock Screen Clock Styles

Music Visualiser

Charging info

8. Power Menu

Advanced Restart

Screenshot

Settings

9. Styles And Wallpapers

Lockscreen Clock Faces

Styles (Icon Shapes And All)

10. Notifications

Notification Light

Battery Charging Light

Heads Up Notifications toggle

Edge Lighting

11. Display

Ambient Display

Night Light

Icon Shapes

Color Bucket

RGB Accent Picker

Gradient Accents

Font Manager

12. System

RGB Accent Picker

Dashboard Icons

-Gaming Mode

zxx2us0.png

ROM -Fastbootd Images

ROM -Twrp Flashable zip
    RBtbIDF.png
    For installing roms you have two forms
    1- via twrp flashable zip
    2- via fastbootd

for twrp install make sure you have both your a and b slot filled , then :
    1- copy the zip of the rom and the gapps to a sd card
    2-format data
    3-flash the zom rip
    4-reboot recovery so the slot where the rom as installed changes
    5-flash gapps or micro g or whatever you uses
    6-reboot to system and set up
    7-flash magisk and whatever other things u like

2-via fastbootd :
    1-copy all imgs extracted from the fastbootd zip in your platfoorm tools folder
    2- format data of your device
    3- put the device on fastbootd mode : if using stock recovery put phone in bootloader mode connect to pc and then open adb and then write fastboot reboot fastboot
    4- if using twrp , go to reboot menu and reboot to fastboot
    5- flash images : fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img fastboot flash system system.img fastboot flash product product.img
    6-reboot to twrp or boot and install gapps , micro g or whatever you use
    7- reboot to system and setup
    8- reboot to recovery and install magisk or whatever u want

5PqmdRt.png

Whatever Features you find in first build there's no guarantee that they will carry on to the subsequent builds.

As 69+ features help only to boast, and this ROM over here is not only meant for that. We want you to boast but not by the features, We want you to fall in love with the touch. So here I'll be adding up the features that i intend on adding/removing. we are starting of with many features just to find out what you like/what you don't.
    JSNWh3U.png

There's a huge list here

Very firstly there're two people who i'd like to extend my big thanks

@darshan1205 The person who taught me everything i needed to start and @hridaySharma who always helped.

nextly @the_Darkbeast who helped me through all the rom and device related stuff.

@shekawat2 for letting us reference on his rom, which helped in making a great base for stag

Then there are the precious testers without whom many things would still be broken, These change from device to device and will properly be given credits.

In garlic Pritish Joshi, Saqid, Sandeep and myself tested the rom thoroughly to rid it of all the major bugs.

Finally Me and @phenom87 We work on the source

we also have vinothraja and Abhimanyu shekhawat, who always guide us in times of issues a big thanks to them

the wallpaper and bootanimation yu experience all thanks to pritish joshi

and the last member in group Rakesh rakhi samuel, who takes care of coding things and web management

also thanks to :
    @bcrichster
    @Beetle84
    @asineth
    @Rondeau79
    @gearsofwar567
    @kjjjnob

Special thanks:
    @vache
    Ce5zT1J.png
    ZJSazPb.png

ROM

Kernel

Device Tree
    Well Done, Thanks
    I decided to give it a go and test things out. Unfortunately, it's not working for me anymore. I did several attempts thru TWRP and stock versions of fastbootd. I'm going to find a workaround this, hopefully we'll get through this, if not, I'll just try a different OS. Hate having to swap different OS's for that it's time consuming...

There's something in the process that is breaking TWRP .zip flashing. So, we must use fastboot for now. Try these steps:

1. Flash latest stock from Moto Flash Tool. Wipe data when it asks.
    2. Boot the phone normally and wait for it to hit the welcome screen (this is the step most guides are missing).
    3. Power off and reboot to bootloader w/volume down method.
    4. Flash TWRP to BOTH slots. So "fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img" followed by "fastboot flash recovery_b TWRP.img".
    5. Boot TWRP.
    6. Wipe --> FORMAT DATA
    7. Reboot into fasboot mode (in TWRP, not from bootloader!)
    8. When TWRP boots into fasboot mode, flash the images as normal with fastboot.
    9. Flash the images AGAIN to the other slot. (so change boot to boot_b, vbmeta to vbmeta_b etc etc)
    10. If wanting Gapps, I tried them all and was only able to make NikGapps work. I had to boot StagOS first, then go back to TWRP, format data, and then flash NikGapps.

See if that works for ya.
    Also, nice work to @SunlightV2 and StagOS team! For as much as has been built into this ROM on a newer version of android, it is remarkably stable. My only issue so far was missed push notifications, but that is an ongoing android issue with battery optimization, not anything to do with Stag.

I haven't been building for a year or two, but can still appreciate good work when I see it. :)
    Has anyone had any issues answering calls? It would ring but there was nothing showing to answer it.

I wiped data btw, and flashed using the fastbootd in the stock recovery.
    Did you set the default dialler in settings/apps/default apps?