[ROM] STARBURST Froyo HTC 2.29.405 [25 OCT] Stable Data2SD | Unlimited memory | Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Droidzone

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 24, 2010
Kochi
www.droidzone.in
OnePlus 9 Pro
big%20logo1.jpg

(Sense | Android 2.2 (Froyo) | Stable DATA2SD / Optional A2SD | Any ext | Official 2.29.405.5 WWE | Stock rooted Desire Rom | Multilanguage | Over the Air (OTA) updates | ROM Manager download | Dedicated Site)

Now in four flavorsStarBurst Classic- with Intelligent Data 2sd (No need to flash additional data2sd script. Now Stable.) StarBurst Standard for those who like a completely functional Rom on install, Lite for those who prefer Stock ROM with options (Both Standard and Lite are Data2SD based); and StarBurst A2SD for those who are nervous about the stable Data2SD.

huge_new.jpg

[FONT=&quot][This performance was measured on my Class 4 3CPro card. With a faster class card, you should get better performance)[/FONT]

Visit the StarBurst MiniSite for Download Links, Complete Installation instructions, Latest updates, More resources, FAQs and Quick answers to your questions

Droidzone's Roms now have their own dedicated Forum to give specific, accurate help to users. Utilize the forum effectively, especially if you are new to the world of Roms

[FONT=&quot]StarBurst Team:

Droidzone - ROM Development
Sibere - Data2SD for StarBurst

[/FONT]
Partition Required: FAT32 followed by one ext2/ext3/ext4 partition
Base Software: 2.29.405 WWE

Editions:
Standard (with third party apps and few customizations like additional keyboards.
Lite (Completely Stock, with updated system applications and features like VPN support etc), and A2SD

The main feature of this pure HTC Sense Rom is the stable Data2SD that is built in

In case you didnt already know, the Desire's Internal memory is severely limited (A maximum of 147 MB. Within no time, you will be asked to remove your favoite apps to clear space. Earlier implementations like A2SD, App2SD+ are all imperfect, and everything will never be moved. Even MTD partitions are limited.

With Data2SD, you decide the amount of Internal memory you want!
As a side effect, you get faster I/O too, since Sd is faster than Nand. the real world performance depends on the Class of your card. The faster the better!

This rom is based on Sibere’s Data2sd scripts, which with the latest ext4 based script, is arguably one of the best of the lot. Other than this, the Rom has been kept stock, with the base rom 2.29.405.5. It is for those who want the HTC Sense Rom, but are tired of the low disk space warnings thrown at them! Of course, important mods like the Restart menu, Supercircle battery mod (@UOT) etc are available.

Contrary to prior Data2SD scripts which were infamous for their boot loops and force closes, this latest script has been rigorously tested and developed into a stable product by Sibere. To date, I havent had a single force close or boot loop yet on this Data2SD configuration

I know there are a lot of Stock rooted roms out there, but this one supports Data2Sd best, mostly because it’s been built for the sole purpose of giving a problem free Data2sd experience.

• HTC Official FroYo Sense 2.2 FR91
  • Based on the latest HTC RUU 2.29.405.5
  • Rooted
  • StarBurst is fully compatible with the latest version of Clockworkmod Recovery (Edify)
  • Init.d scripts supported
  • Latest Busybox-1.18
  • ROM Manager supported New!!
  • Over the Air updates (OTA) via ROM Manager New!!
  • Kernel: StarBurst Kernel - kernel-bravo-2.6.32.38-starburst-110416 @snq-
  • Optional O/C max frequency @1190mhz (using setCPU)
  • Default governor & frequency - "Smartass" @245-998 Mhz
  • Available CPU Governors - Interactive, Conservative, Powersave, On-demand, Performance & Smartass!
  • Interface to query/set cpu supply voltages for every frequency
  • Increased read ahead buffer size to improve SD R/W performance("sdfix")
  • Improved 2D & 3D Graphics performance ("GPU+")
  • /data/app/ support
  • EXT 4 for Data2SD
  • Data2SD using the extremely stable latest Sibere Data2sd scripts (From personal experience, this appears to be the stablest Data2sd experience for Desire. The emphasis is on Stability and storage, rather than Quadrant scores. This Rom is indeed faster than the stock Sense experience though)
  • Quadrant Benchmarks of an average of 1700 with Class 4 MicroSD (It improves with the class of your card).
  • Fully De-odexed (For best modding experience)
  • Zipaligned to improve RAM performance
  • Nano command-line text editor support
  • Bash command shell support
  • Video Capture, 720p
  • New superuser permissions 2.3.5 @ChainsDD
  • Removed the annoying HTC Boot sound
  • Themed icons (modpack) included with the Supercirclebatterymod
  • Helicopter view Homescreen Rearrange option
  • Most extensive Access point lists (APNs)
  • Most extensive language and locale support
  • Trackball Wake
  • 4-in-one Reboot menu (modified from snq)
  • VPN Support (tun.ko)
  • Additional Keyboards-idrops and Android keyboard
  • Android Market Update 2.3.6 ** NEW **
  • Anti-Malware patch ** NEW **
  • Adfree added, fixed and updated 0.7.7
  • Latest Adfree hosts added
  • Gmail 2.3.4.1 ** update **
  • Google Maps 5.7.0 ** update **
  • Facebook for Android 1.5.3 ** update **
  • Gmail Unread Count Widget
  • Sms Unread Count Widget
  • File Expert Root Explorer 3.0.5
  • ES File Explorer 1.6.0.2
  • Adobe Flash Player 10.3.185.25 ** update **
  • Youtube ** update **
  • Massive APN List
  • Massive Locale list
  • Patches integrated (Reboot menu and other minor updates)
  • Google Mail changed to Gmail
  • My Backup Root 2.7.3**** App Updated ****
  • Titanium Backup 3.9.0 **** App Updated ****
  • Rom Manager 3.1.0.0 **** App Updated ****
  • Quick App Remover 1.0.0
  • XDA Forum App
  • Locale/Language support includes:
    • English (US, UK, India, Australia, China, Denmark, France, Spain, Italy, Greece, Switzerland, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia, Norway, Finland, Czech Republic, Poland, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, South Africa, Israel, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, Ukraine)
    • French (France, Germany, Austria, Chile, Spain, Britain, Netherlands, South Africa, Italy, Israel)
    • Italian
    • Spanish
    • Dutch
    • German
    • Greek
    • Portuguese
    • Norwegian Bokmål
    • Danish
    • Swedish
    • Czech
    • Polish
    • Russian
    • Finnish
    • Chinese (China, HongKong, Taiwan)
    • Turkish
    • Arabic
      and Others!

[FONT=&quot]Requirements[/FONT] and Installation Instructions: Please read the Instructions very carefully from the minisite before proceeding! Please do not ask questions which have already been answered in the minisite!
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Credits:[/FONT]
1. c0urier for hosting my site, and Daniel for the mirror
2. snq- and Sibere for their Kernels
3. dsixda for the Android Kitchen
4. Alex-V and Firerat for ROM cooking advice
5. Mendozinas and The UOT Kitchen for adding support for this Rom from the first day it was released!
6. Ownhere for the patched libsqlite

A big thanks to the following people for the generous Donations received:

Fizzerr
Fizzerr
Moby58
bungle2k3
flindil
Compu-Go
SeanyC
fisha21
paulgh
x11freak
mano42
msjodins
gthomas
Psyco-Man
kl_arnet
fpolidori
imopen
originell
samqo00
fabsah
sardax
tanclo
bral
shankly1985
droidbois
IndicaviA
ptulluri
pjfriend
wingnutta
testsimš
cinarci
hamit
BlackLostboy
b3acon
jchoong
wijngaard
olmarolmar
maciejkluz
elhumenik
kentgaton
mysterion
faisalkhan

Note: Donors will have access to direct download links to the ROM from my site, as a small token of appreciation. If you havent received the password to the Donor links page, kindly mail me, with the Paypal registered email id included.

If you're an XDA user and do donate, kindly include your XDA userid and email id (if different from your emailid registered at Paypal), in a mail/PM so that I can update this list with your userid.

Please bear with me if I've left out the names of any recent donors. This is because I'm away from the PC and can update webpages only when I'm back.

Last edited:

Droidzone

Sep 24, 2010
Kochi
www.droidzone.in
OnePlus 9 Pro
Download Links-See MiniSite

[FONT=&quot] Note: Turn signature verification off in Recovery menu before running the installer script. (If you dont know how, see the minisite!
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
From v1.1.4, the entire Rom and the Data2sd packages are coded in Edify. So you can flash it even in the latest version of Clockworkmod Recovery :)

StarBurst has a dedicated site at www.droidzone.in

All the latest downloads, tutorials, step-by-step installation procedure and Frequently asked questions are hosted there.

Click the button below, to load the Site:

List of Downloads
(All download links can be found on the MiniSite)

Main Rom Lite Edition
This edition is kept completely stock. No third-party apps at all. No customizations. Installation is exactly like that of the Standard Rom installation

Main Rom Standard Edition

This version includes the Lite edition plus some apps which most people consider essential, like Astro File Manager, Titanium and MyBackup Root edition, QuickAppRemover. Also includes the idrops keyboard and Android stock keyboard.

Main Rom Classic Edition (Intelligent Data2SD)

The difference between this Rom and the other Roms (Classic and Lite editions) is that Data2SD in this Rom is Built in. S-On users will however have to flash the Data2SD installer/reinstaller just like Standard and Lite Editions
[FONT=&quot]Data2Sd installer[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Data2Sd Re-Installer[/FONT]

If you ever reflash the Rom alone after the Data2SD is installed, some essential libraries required by Data2SD is lost. To restore them, flash the Rom in Recovery, followed immediately thereafter by the Re-Installer.[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Optional Mods[/FONT]

System App Remover Utility New!

(Removes Friendstream, Facebook, Teeter, Twitter etc from the Rom. Simple flashable utility. Download it here.
Flash it any time you want. If you want to keep some apps out of these, go to /scripts/remover.sh and remove the line corresponding to the app you want to keep. :)
The list of apps/widgets which the utility removes by default can be found here.

Third Party App Remover Utility New!

Removes the additional apps and widgets including Adfree, TitaniumBackup, MyBackup Root, Astro, Explorer, Gmail Unread Count Widget, and SMS Unread count widget that come installed with the Rom on first install. Thus after running this
program, you get a clean HTC Sense setup, but with the advantages of the latest Market update and the updates for all HTC/Google apps.
Requested and added on the same day.

Supercircle battery mod [From the UOT Kitchen]
This is just one of the mods. Visit the UOT Kitchen to make your own. Since the Rom is fully supported by the kitchen, just choose StarBurst from the dropdown list after selecting your customizations. Note that changing the framework may cause problems between other mods, or system package installations. To revert, just flash the Rom followed by the Data2SD Reinstaller without a reboot.

Mega Sound Pack from Miui

Beautiful idrops keyboard (by Adbirdie. Original thread here)

idrops.jpg

Theme packs which have been confirmed to work on StarBurst

(Tell me when you try out more)-StarBurst is optimized to be themeable. Most Sense themes should work. The following are just a few examples of the countless themes which work on StarBurst.

Carbon Ara V2.4 for Sense ROM by Redlion and Oijkn
Original thread here

templates.jpg

Power Control Widget for Carbon ARA Theme, by Redlion and Oijkn (Original thread here)

May be used as an addon Notification bar widget for the base Rom/base Rom modded with Carbon ARA theme

templateiw.jpg

Gloss Black and Blue Sense [esk0dr0id 1.7] Original thread

Version 1

Version 2

theme2oo.jpg

Updates/Patches
All patches released to date have been integrated into the latest Rom.

How to theme this Rom:
Note: This Rom is now directly supported by the UOT Kitchen. To modify the theme as you see fit, visit the awesome UOT Kitchen and choose your theme. At the last step, choose Starburst Rom from the dropdown list. That's it! Thanks, UOT and
mendozinas. (For the kind notice of the UOT Kitchen devs: All StarBurst Rom versions share the same framework-res.apk

I havent included any theme in this Rom because I dont believe in radically modifying the looks of a Rom until it may be unpleasant to some. A lot of themes are available for Sense, if you look in the Theming section of XDA. Most are flashable directly. Also,being a fully deodexed rom, theming/moding is easily done

uotr.jpg

Additional Kernels

Statutory Warning:
Using any custom kernel may cause reboots of the phone without warning. If reboot occurs on a Data2SD based configuration, there may be potential loss of Data with permanent boot loops (which may be fixable only by a Nandroid restore to a working configuration/complete reinstall). So do a complete Nandroid backup before any kernel modification/flashing or changing your CPU frequencies.

Installation of Kernels

This is similiar to flashing a Rom through Recovery. Just install the Rom and Data2SD patcher before flashing the kernel zip. Undervolted kernels usually provide better battery life. But if you undervolt/overclock too much, your phone might become unstable and reboot. This can potentially cause Data2SD damage and bootloops may result. So, take Nandroid and monitor system stability. If it becomes unstable, always revert back. Please don't post bug reports in the thread if you use a different kernel than what is included in StarBurst by default. If you do mention a bootloop, take care to mention what kernel you were using.

Reboot menu mod (snq menu recompiled to support Data2SD)

Integrated into Base Rom on 19 Jan

rebootoptions.jpg

About other mods

Note that this Rom already includes most kernel mods needed for performance/battery. If you still like some other mods published for the stock rom, drop a post in the thread. Advanced theming for the mod can be done in the UOT Kitchen.

I didn’t want users to worry about installing other mods, and wanted a No-Nonsense installation (pun intended ;) ). Install the base rom and the data2sd installer. That’s all you need! And you get everything that other roms provide.

About Installing other Kernels
Most kernels which support Stock Sense 2.29.405 should work on this. Work with your kernel dev and see if it supports 2.29.405.

Links to Additional Stuff (Addons) - Usually unnecessary

Radios

Latest radio
(Recommended, but by no means essential, unless your radio is very, very old. Flashing radios is a risky thing with the potential of permanently bricking your phone)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS:

Note that the order and time at which you flash the Rom, Data2SD installer and Reinstaller is important. All instructions, FAQs etc have been moved to the MiniSite. Make sure that you've read them!

For the Step-by-Step method of Installation, see the MiniSite!

Other Useful Related Posts

• Sibere's DATA2SD Thread- The origin and ongoing developement of Data2SD goes on here. I've adapted my Rom for support for Sibere's Data2SD from the core, and made a flashable zip for his code. The entire work in Data2SD is his. Here

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) regarding StarBurst

A lot of questions have been answered in the MiniSite. Read them and verify that your question hasnt been answered, before asking in the thread!

Support for StarBurst

StarBurst was born out of a hobby and passion for making a Data2SD Rom based on the HTC Rom without any of the limitations imposed by the Stock Rom, and yet to provide a Stable Rom for everyday use. If you feel that StarBurst has provided you that, and if you wish to support its continued development, you may consider a donation.

As a small gesture of thanks, donors will be sent the latest direct ROM direct links by email.

Last edited:

Droidzone

Sep 24, 2010
Kochi
www.droidzone.in
OnePlus 9 Pro
Archived Versions (Old versions of Starburst)

Useful Resources/Guides/Downloads:
Partitioning
Latest version of Gparted LiveCD

Recommended Recovery software for Desire (to flash rom and backup): 4ExtRecoveryhttp://hotfile.com/dl/109626467/8abc4f8/recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.7-bravo.img.html

Recoveries which support Partitioning
4ext recovery
Amon Ra 2.0.1
Clockworkmod 3.0.0.5 R3 (Warning: Older Amend update.zips will not work on CWM 3.0+) MD5: 0bd2a55504dd70641feb9c9b3ba5b1da

Useful Resources to Manage Installed Apps and System Files

QtADB
MyPhoneExplorer (Can sync everything between phone and PC, even Microsoft Outlook)

Other Important Android Utilities for Desire

Unrevoked-To Root your phone
Alpharev S-OFF-To get S-off on your Desire

Last edited:

Droidzone

Sep 24, 2010
Kochi
www.droidzone.in
OnePlus 9 Pro
ah, decent quadrant, and soz for not reading 1st post. cool name btw :D

Not your fault..You probably asked while I was adding the screenshot..And thanks! :D

Can this zip be flashed using the new clockwork recovery v3.0.0.5?

Yes indeed. By the way..that version of CWM is buggy.. ;)

610mb internal mb is it for real and is there apps 2 sd too
Yes it is real :D
This is Data2SD...Much better than A2SD..It will move everything to the sdcard! :)
And you can go upto 2Gb for Internal memory..Not that you need it though!

Last edited:

Droidzone

Sep 24, 2010
Kochi
www.droidzone.in
OnePlus 9 Pro
sick any bugs and whats the battery life like am on leedroid so far i need a new rom

Battery life is as good as Leedroid, since it shares the Leedroid kernel. I havent tested battery life though, since checking my roms continuously by flashing means my phone is a glutton for power.:)

So far, no bugs..I've tested it a lot..Still, the instructions have to be followed as per OP. If you just install the second file right after flashing the base rom without booting into the system once, it will loop. Also like any Data2Sd setup, pulling battery "may" cause boot loops..I havent had any so far though

Last edited:
Reactions: huzi7868

Nitin985

Jun 30, 2010
you cant make ext4 on windows :( cool anyway when i do get that partition i will flash this straight away :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    big%20logo1.jpg

(Sense | Android 2.2 (Froyo) | Stable DATA2SD / Optional A2SD | Any ext | Official 2.29.405.5 WWE | Stock rooted Desire Rom | Multilanguage | Over the Air (OTA) updates | ROM Manager download | Dedicated Site)

Now in four flavorsStarBurst Classic- with Intelligent Data 2sd (No need to flash additional data2sd script. Now Stable.) StarBurst Standard for those who like a completely functional Rom on install, Lite for those who prefer Stock ROM with options (Both Standard and Lite are Data2SD based); and StarBurst A2SD for those who are nervous about the stable Data2SD.

huge_new.jpg

[FONT=&quot][This performance was measured on my Class 4 3CPro card. With a faster class card, you should get better performance)[/FONT]

Visit the StarBurst MiniSite for Download Links, Complete Installation instructions, Latest updates, More resources, FAQs and Quick answers to your questions

Droidzone's Roms now have their own dedicated Forum to give specific, accurate help to users. Utilize the forum effectively, especially if you are new to the world of Roms

[FONT=&quot]StarBurst Team:

Droidzone - ROM Development
    Sibere - Data2SD for StarBurst

[/FONT]
    Partition Required: FAT32 followed by one ext2/ext3/ext4 partition
    Base Software: 2.29.405 WWE

Editions:
    Standard (with third party apps and few customizations like additional keyboards.
    Lite (Completely Stock, with updated system applications and features like VPN support etc), and A2SD

The main feature of this pure HTC Sense Rom is the stable Data2SD that is built in

In case you didnt already know, the Desire's Internal memory is severely limited (A maximum of 147 MB. Within no time, you will be asked to remove your favoite apps to clear space. Earlier implementations like A2SD, App2SD+ are all imperfect, and everything will never be moved. Even MTD partitions are limited.

With Data2SD, you decide the amount of Internal memory you want!
    As a side effect, you get faster I/O too, since Sd is faster than Nand. the real world performance depends on the Class of your card. The faster the better!

This rom is based on Sibere’s Data2sd scripts, which with the latest ext4 based script, is arguably one of the best of the lot. Other than this, the Rom has been kept stock, with the base rom 2.29.405.5. It is for those who want the HTC Sense Rom, but are tired of the low disk space warnings thrown at them! Of course, important mods like the Restart menu, Supercircle battery mod (@UOT) etc are available.

Contrary to prior Data2SD scripts which were infamous for their boot loops and force closes, this latest script has been rigorously tested and developed into a stable product by Sibere. To date, I havent had a single force close or boot loop yet on this Data2SD configuration

I know there are a lot of Stock rooted roms out there, but this one supports Data2Sd best, mostly because it’s been built for the sole purpose of giving a problem free Data2sd experience.

• HTC Official FroYo Sense 2.2 FR91
    • Based on the latest HTC RUU 2.29.405.5
    • Rooted
    • StarBurst is fully compatible with the latest version of Clockworkmod Recovery (Edify)
    • Init.d scripts supported
    • Latest Busybox-1.18
    • ROM Manager supported New!!
    • Over the Air updates (OTA) via ROM Manager New!!
    • Kernel: StarBurst Kernel - kernel-bravo-2.6.32.38-starburst-110416 @snq-
    • Optional O/C max frequency @1190mhz (using setCPU)
    • Default governor & frequency - "Smartass" @245-998 Mhz
    • Available CPU Governors - Interactive, Conservative, Powersave, On-demand, Performance & Smartass!
    • Interface to query/set cpu supply voltages for every frequency
    • Increased read ahead buffer size to improve SD R/W performance("sdfix")
    • Improved 2D & 3D Graphics performance ("GPU+")
    • /data/app/ support
    • EXT 4 for Data2SD
    • Data2SD using the extremely stable latest Sibere Data2sd scripts (From personal experience, this appears to be the stablest Data2sd experience for Desire. The emphasis is on Stability and storage, rather than Quadrant scores. This Rom is indeed faster than the stock Sense experience though)
    • Quadrant Benchmarks of an average of 1700 with Class 4 MicroSD (It improves with the class of your card).
    • Fully De-odexed (For best modding experience)
    • Zipaligned to improve RAM performance
    • Nano command-line text editor support
    • Bash command shell support
    • Video Capture, 720p
    • New superuser permissions 2.3.5 @ChainsDD
    • Removed the annoying HTC Boot sound
    • Themed icons (modpack) included with the Supercirclebatterymod
    • Helicopter view Homescreen Rearrange option
    • Most extensive Access point lists (APNs)
    • Most extensive language and locale support
    • Trackball Wake
    • 4-in-one Reboot menu (modified from snq)
    • VPN Support (tun.ko)
    • Additional Keyboards-idrops and Android keyboard
    • Android Market Update 2.3.6 ** NEW **
    • Anti-Malware patch ** NEW **
    • Adfree added, fixed and updated 0.7.7
    • Latest Adfree hosts added
    • Gmail 2.3.4.1 ** update **
    • Google Maps 5.7.0 ** update **
    • Facebook for Android 1.5.3 ** update **
    • Gmail Unread Count Widget
    • Sms Unread Count Widget
    • File Expert Root Explorer 3.0.5
    • ES File Explorer 1.6.0.2
    • Adobe Flash Player 10.3.185.25 ** update **
    • Youtube ** update **
    • Massive APN List
    • Massive Locale list
    • Patches integrated (Reboot menu and other minor updates)
    • Google Mail changed to Gmail
    • My Backup Root 2.7.3**** App Updated ****
    • Titanium Backup 3.9.0 **** App Updated ****
    • Rom Manager 3.1.0.0 **** App Updated ****
    • Quick App Remover 1.0.0
    • XDA Forum App
    • Locale/Language support includes:
      • English (US, UK, India, Australia, China, Denmark, France, Spain, Italy, Greece, Switzerland, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia, Norway, Finland, Czech Republic, Poland, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, South Africa, Israel, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, Ukraine)
      • French (France, Germany, Austria, Chile, Spain, Britain, Netherlands, South Africa, Italy, Israel)
      • Italian
      • Spanish
      • Dutch
      • German
      • Greek
      • Portuguese
      • Norwegian Bokmål
      • Danish
      • Swedish
      • Czech
      • Polish
      • Russian
      • Finnish
      • Chinese (China, HongKong, Taiwan)
      • Turkish
      • Arabic
        and Others!

[FONT=&quot]Requirements[/FONT] and Installation Instructions: Please read the Instructions very carefully from the minisite before proceeding! Please do not ask questions which have already been answered in the minisite!
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Credits:[/FONT]
    1. c0urier for hosting my site, and Daniel for the mirror
    2. snq- and Sibere for their Kernels
    3. dsixda for the Android Kitchen
    4. Alex-V and Firerat for ROM cooking advice
    5. Mendozinas and The UOT Kitchen for adding support for this Rom from the first day it was released!
    6. Ownhere for the patched libsqlite

A big thanks to the following people for the generous Donations received:

Fizzerr
    Fizzerr
    Moby58
    bungle2k3
    flindil
    Compu-Go
    SeanyC
    fisha21
    paulgh
    x11freak
    mano42
    msjodins
    gthomas
    Psyco-Man
    kl_arnet
    fpolidori
    imopen
    originell
    samqo00
    fabsah
    sardax
    tanclo
    bral
    shankly1985
    droidbois
    IndicaviA
    ptulluri
    pjfriend
    wingnutta
    testsimš
    cinarci
    hamit
    BlackLostboy
    b3acon
    jchoong
    wijngaard
    olmarolmar
    maciejkluz
    elhumenik
    kentgaton
    mysterion
    faisalkhan

Note: Donors will have access to direct download links to the ROM from my site, as a small token of appreciation. If you havent received the password to the Donor links page, kindly mail me, with the Paypal registered email id included.

If you're an XDA user and do donate, kindly include your XDA userid and email id (if different from your emailid registered at Paypal), in a mail/PM so that I can update this list with your userid.

Please bear with me if I've left out the names of any recent donors. This is because I'm away from the PC and can update webpages only when I'm back.

Download Links-See MiniSite

[FONT=&quot] Note: Turn signature verification off in Recovery menu before running the installer script. (If you dont know how, see the minisite!
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    From v1.1.4, the entire Rom and the Data2sd packages are coded in Edify. So you can flash it even in the latest version of Clockworkmod Recovery :)

StarBurst has a dedicated site at www.droidzone.in

All the latest downloads, tutorials, step-by-step installation procedure and Frequently asked questions are hosted there.

Click the button below, to load the Site:

List of Downloads
    (All download links can be found on the MiniSite)

Main Rom Lite Edition
    This edition is kept completely stock. No third-party apps at all. No customizations. Installation is exactly like that of the Standard Rom installation

Main Rom Standard Edition

This version includes the Lite edition plus some apps which most people consider essential, like Astro File Manager, Titanium and MyBackup Root edition, QuickAppRemover. Also includes the idrops keyboard and Android stock keyboard.

Main Rom Classic Edition (Intelligent Data2SD)

The difference between this Rom and the other Roms (Classic and Lite editions) is that Data2SD in this Rom is Built in. S-On users will however have to flash the Data2SD installer/reinstaller just like Standard and Lite Editions
    [FONT=&quot]Data2Sd installer[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Data2Sd Re-Installer[/FONT]

If you ever reflash the Rom alone after the Data2SD is installed, some essential libraries required by Data2SD is lost. To restore them, flash the Rom in Recovery, followed immediately thereafter by the Re-Installer.[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Optional Mods[/FONT]

System App Remover Utility New!

(Removes Friendstream, Facebook, Teeter, Twitter etc from the Rom. Simple flashable utility. Download it here.
    Flash it any time you want. If you want to keep some apps out of these, go to /scripts/remover.sh and remove the line corresponding to the app you want to keep. :)
    The list of apps/widgets which the utility removes by default can be found here.

Third Party App Remover Utility New!

Removes the additional apps and widgets including Adfree, TitaniumBackup, MyBackup Root, Astro, Explorer, Gmail Unread Count Widget, and SMS Unread count widget that come installed with the Rom on first install. Thus after running this
    program, you get a clean HTC Sense setup, but with the advantages of the latest Market update and the updates for all HTC/Google apps.
    Requested and added on the same day.

Supercircle battery mod [From the UOT Kitchen]
    This is just one of the mods. Visit the UOT Kitchen to make your own. Since the Rom is fully supported by the kitchen, just choose StarBurst from the dropdown list after selecting your customizations. Note that changing the framework may cause problems between other mods, or system package installations. To revert, just flash the Rom followed by the Data2SD Reinstaller without a reboot.

Mega Sound Pack from Miui

Beautiful idrops keyboard (by Adbirdie. Original thread here)

idrops.jpg

Theme packs which have been confirmed to work on StarBurst

(Tell me when you try out more)-StarBurst is optimized to be themeable. Most Sense themes should work. The following are just a few examples of the countless themes which work on StarBurst.

Carbon Ara V2.4 for Sense ROM by Redlion and Oijkn
    Original thread here

templates.jpg

Power Control Widget for Carbon ARA Theme, by Redlion and Oijkn (Original thread here)

May be used as an addon Notification bar widget for the base Rom/base Rom modded with Carbon ARA theme

templateiw.jpg

Gloss Black and Blue Sense [esk0dr0id 1.7] Original thread

Version 1

Version 2

theme2oo.jpg

Updates/Patches
    All patches released to date have been integrated into the latest Rom.

How to theme this Rom:
    Note: This Rom is now directly supported by the UOT Kitchen. To modify the theme as you see fit, visit the awesome UOT Kitchen and choose your theme. At the last step, choose Starburst Rom from the dropdown list. That's it! Thanks, UOT and
    mendozinas. (For the kind notice of the UOT Kitchen devs: All StarBurst Rom versions share the same framework-res.apk

I havent included any theme in this Rom because I dont believe in radically modifying the looks of a Rom until it may be unpleasant to some. A lot of themes are available for Sense, if you look in the Theming section of XDA. Most are flashable directly. Also,being a fully deodexed rom, theming/moding is easily done

uotr.jpg

Additional Kernels

Statutory Warning:
    Using any custom kernel may cause reboots of the phone without warning. If reboot occurs on a Data2SD based configuration, there may be potential loss of Data with permanent boot loops (which may be fixable only by a Nandroid restore to a working configuration/complete reinstall). So do a complete Nandroid backup before any kernel modification/flashing or changing your CPU frequencies.

Installation of Kernels

This is similiar to flashing a Rom through Recovery. Just install the Rom and Data2SD patcher before flashing the kernel zip. Undervolted kernels usually provide better battery life. But if you undervolt/overclock too much, your phone might become unstable and reboot. This can potentially cause Data2SD damage and bootloops may result. So, take Nandroid and monitor system stability. If it becomes unstable, always revert back. Please don't post bug reports in the thread if you use a different kernel than what is included in StarBurst by default. If you do mention a bootloop, take care to mention what kernel you were using.

Reboot menu mod (snq menu recompiled to support Data2SD)

Integrated into Base Rom on 19 Jan

rebootoptions.jpg

About other mods

Note that this Rom already includes most kernel mods needed for performance/battery. If you still like some other mods published for the stock rom, drop a post in the thread. Advanced theming for the mod can be done in the UOT Kitchen.

I didn’t want users to worry about installing other mods, and wanted a No-Nonsense installation (pun intended ;) ). Install the base rom and the data2sd installer. That’s all you need! And you get everything that other roms provide.

About Installing other Kernels
    Most kernels which support Stock Sense 2.29.405 should work on this. Work with your kernel dev and see if it supports 2.29.405.

Links to Additional Stuff (Addons) - Usually unnecessary

Radios

Latest radio
    (Recommended, but by no means essential, unless your radio is very, very old. Flashing radios is a risky thing with the potential of permanently bricking your phone)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS:

Note that the order and time at which you flash the Rom, Data2SD installer and Reinstaller is important. All instructions, FAQs etc have been moved to the MiniSite. Make sure that you've read them!

For the Step-by-Step method of Installation, see the MiniSite!

Other Useful Related Posts

• Sibere's DATA2SD Thread- The origin and ongoing developement of Data2SD goes on here. I've adapted my Rom for support for Sibere's Data2SD from the core, and made a flashable zip for his code. The entire work in Data2SD is his. Here

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) regarding StarBurst

A lot of questions have been answered in the MiniSite. Read them and verify that your question hasnt been answered, before asking in the thread!

Support for StarBurst

StarBurst was born out of a hobby and passion for making a Data2SD Rom based on the HTC Rom without any of the limitations imposed by the Stock Rom, and yet to provide a Stable Rom for everyday use. If you feel that StarBurst has provided you that, and if you wish to support its continued development, you may consider a donation.

As a small gesture of thanks, donors will be sent the latest direct ROM direct links by email.

Changelog

You can find the changelog here
    http://droidzone.in

Archived Versions (Old versions of Starburst)

Useful Resources/Guides/Downloads:
    Partitioning
    Latest version of Gparted LiveCD

Recommended Recovery software for Desire (to flash rom and backup): 4ExtRecoveryhttp://hotfile.com/dl/109626467/8abc4f8/recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.7-bravo.img.html

Recoveries which support Partitioning
    4ext recovery
    Amon Ra 2.0.1
    Clockworkmod 3.0.0.5 R3 (Warning: Older Amend update.zips will not work on CWM 3.0+) MD5: 0bd2a55504dd70641feb9c9b3ba5b1da

Useful Resources to Manage Installed Apps and System Files

QtADB
    MyPhoneExplorer (Can sync everything between phone and PC, even Microsoft Outlook)

Other Important Android Utilities for Desire

Unrevoked-To Root your phone
    Alpharev S-OFF-To get S-off on your Desire

kernel -110324 (maintenance release)
    http://tiny.cc/bravo-kernel/

please note that since call recording support is included by default there's no separate "callrec" d/l