[ROM][STOCK][1/17/2012] 4.54.651.1 (updated)

Search This thread

brad560

Apr 6, 2011
Houston
I have decided to update my stock roms from the latest gingerbread release (4.54.651.1) These are stock, rooted, busybox, busybox run parts, and zip aligned. Odexed, Deodex'ed, and NON ROOT versions will be available. I hope these roms can be a base for all devs to use. Thanks!

these roms will not wipe your data. this rom is purely stock, after going through the thread here, i decided to leave it stock, as this is a base, there are plenty sense 1.0 roms (including mine :) ) that have mods baked into them.

download:

Odexed: stock_odex.zip - 200.1 MB

Deodex'ed : stock_4.54.651.1_deodex'ed.zip - 198.7 MB

Also made a NON ROOTED VERSION of this, for anyone who needs one an arm's length away. Same as above, but again NON-ROOTED. flashes the same way through amon ra or clockwork. this does not touch your revolutionary S-off, but as with any non rooted rom always have a backup in place

non-rooted download: stock-noroot.zip - 198.7 MB

Update zip file ONLY (from 4.53 to 4.54) (3.48mb)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UL6RRQCY

Last edited:

brad560

Apr 6, 2011
Houston
notes/revisions

10-25-11 initial upload
10-26-11 added non-root version
10/26/11 added just the update.zip from the rom

11/19/11 updated roms uploaded with ciq removed and apps updated from market

12/4/11 updated apps from market

12/24/11 re cooked rom, updated visual voicemail apk

1/17/12 made totally stock, updated all download links.

Last edited:

ldc2335

Apr 18, 2010
Thanks for posting.

Did you notice any changes?

Last edited:

musclehead84

Nov 3, 2010
Falling Waters, WV
anyone know what the security update was for?

EDIT. I found out. Any app could get user data off of the phone.

Sent From My Evo Killer!!!

Last edited:

NinjaWolf

Dec 28, 2010
California
i checked it out, the ota is to addrress a security vulnerability, a vulnerability that when a normal app, with only internet permissions was installed, it could read your esn,app usage,lots of phone info that u probably dont want it out.

Brad: good job, mine was uploading,you beat me,lol. damn internet connection.

m20120

Oct 31, 2008
Northern VA
I still see HtcIQAgent.apk there but it looks like they removed the worst offender which was HtcLogger.apk. I guess that is one way to address the security hole. I wonder if there are any other changes.

brad560

Apr 6, 2011
Houston
thanks Ninjawolf. i was just bored lol. this actually inspired me to start back up my "sprint updated" rom i did in the summer, might do that i miss dabbling in the "kitchen"

Reactions: KIOWA69

NinjaWolf

Dec 28, 2010
California
I still see HtcIQAgent.apk there but it looks like they removed the worst offender which was HtcLogger.apk. I guess that is one way to address the security hole. I wonder if there are any other changes.

no, its still there, they patched the security hole, but wanted to leave the logger, so that stays.

jamiejayhawk

Apr 4, 2011
So wait, if I use a ROM like SOS with ciq removed then flashing this is a moot point, correct?

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

NinjaWolf

Dec 28, 2010
California
thanks Ninjawolf. i was just bored lol. this actually inspired me to start back up my "sprint updated" rom i did in the summer, might do that i miss dabbling in the kitchen"

do you plan on making a deodex'ed version, lot of people prefer that.well, themers do

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

So wait, if I use a ROM like SOS with ciq removed then flashing this is a moot point, correct?

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

any rom with ciq/htcloggers removed is safe, in theory.

Reactions: jamiejayhawk

delman420

Sep 17, 2011
portland oregon
Looks like you are off to a good start. Glad to see new ROMs especially since a lot of people have jumped ship to other devices. Thanx for the work you do

Sent from my SUPERSONIC NOCTURNAL ECLIPSED EVO using tapatalk pro!

Last edited:

brad560

Apr 6, 2011
Houston
Thanks delman420. Just wanted us to have a up to date stock Rom for those times you need one!

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Reactions: KIOWA69

tommytomatoe

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2010
Knoxville USA
@other Evo stock based rom devs,

I'm going through the process of diffing latest jars and libs right now. Ill let you know what needs to be changed. Don't expect a whole lot though. Just a couple jars maybe.

If you want info later today pm me.

@Brad, good job on getting this out there. Care to pm me or post where you got the ruu? Thanks.

tapatalk signature here. lovely.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have decided to update my stock roms from the latest gingerbread release (4.54.651.1) These are stock, rooted, busybox, busybox run parts, and zip aligned. Odexed, Deodex'ed, and NON ROOT versions will be available. I hope these roms can be a base for all devs to use. Thanks!

these roms will not wipe your data. this rom is purely stock, after going through the thread here, i decided to leave it stock, as this is a base, there are plenty sense 1.0 roms (including mine :) ) that have mods baked into them.

download:

Odexed: stock_odex.zip - 200.1 MB

Deodex'ed : stock_4.54.651.1_deodex'ed.zip - 198.7 MB

Also made a NON ROOTED VERSION of this, for anyone who needs one an arm's length away. Same as above, but again NON-ROOTED. flashes the same way through amon ra or clockwork. this does not touch your revolutionary S-off, but as with any non rooted rom always have a backup in place

non-rooted download: stock-noroot.zip - 198.7 MB

Update zip file ONLY (from 4.53 to 4.54) (3.48mb)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UL6RRQCY
    notes/revisions

10-25-11 initial upload
    10-26-11 added non-root version
    10/26/11 added just the update.zip from the rom

11/19/11 updated roms uploaded with ciq removed and apps updated from market

12/4/11 updated apps from market

12/24/11 re cooked rom, updated visual voicemail apk

1/17/12 made totally stock, updated all download links.
    thanks tommy for helping out! sorry for the delay on the uploading guys!

here is the deodex'ed:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8J7133S2
    Hi Brad,
    I was wondering if you could help me, I am running stock 2.3.3 with software 4.53.651.1 and sense 1.0.

I recently deleted my stock gallery and can not recover it thru Titanium Backup, i was wondering if you had an knowledge that you could share with me on how to get the gallery back up and running on my phone...

I would appreciate any assistance.

thanks

Download a stock deodex rom and grab the apk from system/app. Its HtcAlbum.apk. Put it on sdcard. Then use a root explorer and put that file into your own rom, in system/app. Lastly set permissions on the file.

Using Root Browser (free and great) or Root explorer (paid but also great), long press on a file to edit its permissions.

Make it look like.this:

oqSu5.jpg

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    for anyone having trouble with telenav, just re-install the .apk, i've attached it to the post, other than that i haven't had any troubles with the ROM. Great work Brad.

i've also attached a zip file that has Quick Setting with Recent Apps interegated with SL Icons, credit goes to ca1ne, swagstr, & 1gr8papa, just run the update through recovery, works with Amon_ra, haven't tried cl0ckwork. remember to backup.