[ROM][STOCK][5.1.1] Alcatel Ideal (4060A) Stock Android 5.1.1 ROM with Root & BusyBox

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
AT&T Alcatel Ideal (4060A)
TWRP Flashable Stock ROM with Root & BusyBox

SPECIFICATIONS:
Model: Alcatel 4060A
Carrier/Provider: AT&T
Android Version: 5.1.1 Lollipop
Build Number: M5RUAR4
Build ID: LMY47V
Kernel Version: 3.10.49-g3d12fcb
Baseband Version:
MSM8909.LA.1.1.c7.1-113370119-
Android Security Patch Level: May 1, 2016
Build Date: Thursday, July 28, 2016
Root Specs: SuperSU v2.82 (System-Mode)
BusyBox Specs: BusyBox v1.26.2-jrummy (/system/bin)

NOTES:
This is a TWRP flashable Stock Android 5.1.1 ROM for the AT&T Alcatel Ideal 4060A. This ROM is pre-rooted with SuperSU v2.82 and BusyBox v1.26.2-jrummy pre-injected in /system/bin. Otherwise, this ROM is pure stock and has not been modified in any other fashion. Members experiencing a soft brick, boot loops, etc., or members wishing to simply reinstall stock firmware can flash the zip installer in the below link.

DISCLAIMER:
Please be reminded that flashing the partitions of your device can result in a bricked or otherwise inoperable phone. I have tested this zip installer and have experienced no negative or adverse affects. Nevertheless, I assume no responsibility for devices which are damaged or rendered inoperable as a result of flashing this ROM. Follow the instructions carefully and this ROM should install smoothly & without incident.

INSTRUCTIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
First and foremost, TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your 4060A in order to flash this stock ROM. If you do not have TWRP installed, please consult XDA Forums for the instructional thread(s) on how to install it. This zip installer will install the stock ROM, the stock modem & radio firmware, and the stock kernel (boot image) to your 4060A.
1. Download the ROM zip from the below link. It is preferred that you save the zip file on your external micro SD card, because a complete wipe, including internal storage, must be performed;
2. Boot your device into TWRP recovery. Wipe /system, /data, /cache, /dalvik cache & internal storage. Formatting the /data partition is also advised;
3. Select "INSTALL" from TWRP's main screen, navigate to the location of the ROM zip file, and swipe to commence with installation. Flashing should complete within 2 - 3 minutes;
4. Once flashing is complete, reboot system. NOTE: first boot can take several minutes. Please be patient and do not interrupt booting;
You should now have a rooted stock Android 5.1.1 ROM with BusyBox installed on your Alcatel Ideal.

BUGS:
You tell me. While submission of a bug report is not required, please clearly articulate any bugs with as much specificity as possible.

THANKS & MENTIONS:
Thanks to @Chainfire for his ceaseless development on SuperSU. Thanks to JRummy for his many awesome Android apps, including BusyBox. I would also like to thank all the XDA members who continue to support this great budget device, and who have given me the encouragement to develop for the device. Thank you Ch3if-Of-Skull5

KERNEL SOURCE CODE: https://github.com/zombah/android_kernel_alcatel_msm8909

DOWNLOAD LINK:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Sfod4HWfk2bDhSYUZDcDh2TTA/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

kdm6389

Dec 25, 2014
Deoghar
Well I am going to test it soon, but very very thanks for new update for non att users

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Your Build Number: M5RUAR4
My build number: M5KUAK2

I think you're is more recent then mine. Aam I thinking right?

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
Well I am going to test it soon, but very very thanks for new update for non att users

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Your Build Number: M5RUAR4
My build number: M5KUAK2

I think you're is more recent then mine. Aam I thinking right?
Perhaps. What is your Android Security Patch Level date?

kdm6389

Dec 25, 2014
Deoghar
Mine is same security level
Here is attachment of my bulid.prop and screenshot

ro.build.id=LMY47V
ro.build.version.incremental=vM5K-0
ro.build.version.sdk=22
ro.build.version.release=5.1.1
ro.build.version.security_patch=2016-05-01
ro.build.date=Wed May 25 22:25:05 CST 2016

Attachments

Last edited:

kdm6389

Dec 25, 2014
Deoghar
I know someone has better 2017 ROM but he is not uploading, I said him to upload on Google Drive. But thank for stock non updated or just updated version.

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
I know someone has better 2017 ROM but he is not uploading, I said him to upload on Google Drive. But thank for stock non updated or just updated version.
I just got a PM from a member with a 2-1-2017 build. I'll correspond with him and see if I can procure the system & boot images to make a more up to date flashable ROM. Who is your carrier on your 4060A?

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
Update on 2017 build.....
Thanks to XDA Member @scohut, I have the requisite files to compile an updated TWRP flashable ROM with 2-1-2017 security patches.
Thank you @scohut for your contributions and for your willingness to help.

kdm6389

Dec 25, 2014
Deoghar
While modifying /fastab.qcom (which I have backed up as /fastab.qcom.bck) I stuck into bootloop. I have booted into TWRP but don't where these file are. (Maybe in /boot). Can you help me fix. I don't want to flash whole system my /data is encrypted.
Thanks

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

help

kdm6389

Dec 25, 2014
Deoghar
@MotoJunkie01 this ROM is infected with kingroot even though you have tried to swap it with SuperUser. Next time dont root the ROM just capture it from TWRP preferred with compression. We will inject SuperUser ourselves.

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
This ROM https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Sfod4HWfk2bDhSYUZDcDh2TTA/view?usp=sharing has problem in update-script package_extract_(" data.img", ...) it should be "data.img" i.e. there's space between " and data.

It wasted my 3 day. To debug this. Kindly update this script
The KingRoot binaries were replaced completely with SuperSU binaries. The "infection" with KingRoot you are speaking of is nothing more than a root binary backup that was saved by KingRoot during the uninstallation. That backup will not adversely affect the ROM in any way. Simply remove it if you don't want it.

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
The KingRoot binaries were replaced completely with SuperSU binaries. The "infection" with KingRoot you are speaking of is nothing more than a root binary backup that was saved by KingRoot during the uninstallation. That backup will not adversely affect the ROM in any way. Simply remove it if you don't want it.
Furthermore, no "data" is used in the updater-script. It flashes only /system, /boot and the radio partition images. The script in no way flashes the /data partition. So I have no clue where you got that. Also, it is an "updater-script" written with Edify, not an "update-script."

kdm6389

Dec 25, 2014
Deoghar
MOD EDIT: REMOVED FOUL LANGUAGE

Then what is these files are doing:
"/system/bin/.usr/.ku"
"/system/bin/install-recovery.sh-ku.bak"
"/system/xbin/start_kusud.sh"
"/system/xbin/krdem"

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

Furthermore, no "data" is used in the updater-script. It flashes only /system, /boot and the radio partition images. The script in no way flashes the /data partition. So I have no clue where you got that. Also, it is an "updater-script" written with Edify, not an "update-script."
look it carefully:
the /META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script has bug fix it removing
Code:
<space>
:

ui_print("****************************************");
ui_print("* AT&T Alcatel Ideal (4060A) *" );
ui_print("* Stock Firmware Installer *");
ui_print("* Android Version: 5.1.1 *");
ui_print("* Build No. M5RUAR4 *");
ui_print("* With Root & BusyBox *");
ui_print("* Installer by MotoJunkie01 *");
ui_print("");
ui_print("");

show_progress(1.000000, 0);
ui_print("Flashing /system.....");
package_extract_file("system.img", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system");
set_progress(0.100000);

ui_print("Flashing Radio Firmware...");
package_extract_file(" modem.img", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modem");
set_progress(0.300000);

set_progress(0.400000);
set_progress(0.500000);
package_extract_file(" fsg.img", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/fsg");
set_progress(0.700000);
ui_print(" Extracting boot image...");

package_extract_file(" boot.img", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/boot");
set_progress(0.900000);

set_progress(1.000000);
ui_print("* Stock Android 5.1.1 Installed... *");

Last edited:

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
"/system/bin/.usr/.ku"
"/system/xbin/krdem"

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

I don't know what **** is this Edify, but here is your ****, look it carefully:
ui_print("");
ui_print("");

set_progress(0.100000);

set_progress(0.300000);

set_progress(0.400000);
set_progress(0.500000);
set_progress(0.700000);

set_progress(0.900000);

set_progress(1.000000);

If you have you can see there error, otherwise you can continue crying that it has no data.
If you knew anything at all about development, then you would know what Edify was used for. It is used to write the language of updater-script. Secondly, I don't like your attitude or your language. You are officially reported to a moderator for your behavior. If you don't want to use the ROM, nobody is making you. Go elsewhere and bother somebody on another thread.

Reactions: scohut

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
What @scohut said sums it up @kdm6389. This is just stuff I put together really for my own use, with hopes that maybe it will help some other members. I really think you should apologize to both me and the members of the thread @kdm6389, especially if you want any further positive interaction within this thread. If you have a legitimate bug or issue, I would be more than glad to help any way I can, as I'm sure other members would as well. But there is a way to ask politely and not be demanding, rude, or condescending. @kdm6389 please consider what I'm saying, because it i not to belittle or disrespect you. I am simply asking you to show the same respect that you receive here.
To address your "issues" listed above, you clearly stated that there was a mistake of some sort with "data.img" in the script. After checking just to make sure I'm not senile, there is no type of entry in my updater-script which remotely deals with "data.img" or the /data partition. Again, this ROM writes to the
/system partition, /boot partition, /modem, /fsg and the /modemst1 & modemst2 partitions.
Secondly as to the .bak and other backup related files you listed relating to KingRoot, as I previously stated, those are nothing more than a backup of the root directory which was made by KingRoot during uninstallation. This ROM is rooted solely using the SuperSU v2.82 root binaries. You may safely remove the KingRoot backup directory if you don't want it. It does not affect the ROM either way, because again, it is an uninstalled backup of a root directory.

Last edited:

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
"/system/bin/.usr/.ku"
"/system/xbin/krdem"

I don't know what **** is this Edify, but here is your ****, look it carefully:
ui_print("");
ui_print("");

set_progress(0.100000);

set_progress(0.300000);

set_progress(0.400000);
set_progress(0.500000);
set_progress(0.700000);

set_progress(0.900000);

set_progress(1.000000);

If you have you can see there error, otherwise you can continue crying that it has no data.
I just thoroughly checked the script. There are no errors. If there were, TWRP would not only return with a dilineation of the error(s), but would also not flash the files.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone