• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM] Stock AOSP Gingerbread 2.3.2 "'Cyan-lessMod"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

vinnypel2ella

Jul 18, 2010
Pittsburgh
How can u justify taking aosp's ROM and striping it down and calling it your own. should be aospGBmod(PURE) and u need to credit aosp for all of it, not just say that u took his ROM. Just sayin...U have no idea the chain of events set in motion by posting this, i fear for all of us...(waiting for the infraction, because its obvious that not everyone on this site grew up)

Last edited:

griffincash

Aug 19, 2009
Auburn, AL
If it is a problem, please delete or close this thread. I mean no harm, I just figured I could save a few people some time. My apologies to aosp.

Sent from my HTC Hero CDMA using XDA App

il Duce

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Feb 25, 2009
Twin Cities, MN
I guess this is nice for those who want, but I agree STRONGLY with vinny. You did credit him and whatnot, but aosp has already said he is going to put up 2 versions, a CM7 -and- AOSP when he feels the builds are ready. You should be aware of those changes by tracking the GB thread, and the freakin exact second he puts up an AOSP version you should change the title to "do not install" and remove ALL the OP and replace it with a link to his thread, and put up huge red caps post at the end of this thread that says the same thing. After all he is the one who built the rom in the first place. Furthermore I hope you haven't offended him enough to NOT post the AOSP version, since he is great about continuosly tweaking his roms and making them better.

Reactions: NegativeOne13

NegativeOne13

Apr 7, 2009
Kansas
I guess this is nice for those who want, but I agree STRONGLY with vinny. You did credit him and whatnot, but aosp has already said he is going to put up 2 versions, a CM7 -and- AOSP when he feels the builds are ready. You should be aware of those changes by tracking the GB thread, and the freakin exact second he puts up an AOSP version you should change the title to "do not install" and remove ALL the OP and replace it with a link to his thread, and put up huge red caps post at the end of this thread that says the same thing. After all he is the one who built the rom in the first place. Furthermore I hope you haven't offended him enough to NOT post the AOSP version, since he is great about continuosly tweaking his roms and making them better.

Look what an asshole. :D

Reactions: il Duce

PMDColeslaw

Dec 3, 2008
Memphis
Guys the OP has credited aosp in the first post and said very clearly that it is not his (OP's) rom. He was just trying to offer something he felt people would want to use. There's no need to bash him or act like he's gonna run aosp off or something. If you know aosp at all you know he's not a jerk and doesnt let stuff like this stop him from doing what he does. To me its not that different from the themed CM 6.1 rom thread. I'm sure once aosp posts his pure google mod this one will come down or evolve.

To the OP: Thanks for offering the rom, Im looking forward to seeing how much space is left after the bloat was cut out.

Reactions: adam74

stayclean

Jul 13, 2010
Not running this, but I always remove system apps I don't use before flashing. After a clean install and Firerats, I am sitting on 330-something. Also, why remove CMSettings? Can't change a lot of things without it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    20110126042214.png
    20110126042307.png
    20110126042428.png

ALL CREDIT GOES TO AOSP. I simply clicked delete a few times.
    This rom is the latest aospCMod 1/23/11. Basically it is the same just stripped of almost everything cyanogen. I made this for personal use for making a smaller system partition, and just decided to post this incase someone wanted it. I'm not trying to call this my rom. Same issues as aospCMod. I have tested the rom for a few days and it has run great, but still not quite "stable", and I'm not responsible for anything that happens to your phone! All the thanks should go to AOSP for bringing us gingerbread on the heroc.

WIPE EVERYTHING before flashing: boot, system, data, cache, sd-ext.

Sorry, I pulled the download due to not knowing if it was ok to post.
    (waiting for the infraction, because its obvious that not everyone on this site grew up)

Any more trolling and I dare say you'll be the one receiving the infraction.

Look what an asshole. :D
    Guys the OP has credited aosp in the first post and said very clearly that it is not his (OP's) rom. He was just trying to offer something he felt people would want to use. There's no need to bash him or act like he's gonna run aosp off or something. If you know aosp at all you know he's not a jerk and doesnt let stuff like this stop him from doing what he does. To me its not that different from the themed CM 6.1 rom thread. I'm sure once aosp posts his pure google mod this one will come down or evolve.

To the OP: Thanks for offering the rom, Im looking forward to seeing how much space is left after the bloat was cut out.