[ROM] Stock Archos ICS Firmware 4.0.7 - ROOT Version !

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Hi all !

Rom => The Last Archos ICS Firmware 4.0.7 - Root version - based on Stock Archos ICS Firmware 4.0.7 !

Upadte 16-07-2012 - to fix some touchscreen issue ( not solved - seems to be also in Official Archos Firmware !)

This Rom should be work for all Archos G9 ....but you need activate SDE menu !

In this Rom original files have not been modified, only was added "su" , "Superuser.apk" !

All improvements to the original Firmware 4.0.7 , you can also find in this Root version .

Firmware changes
Version 4.0.7 - June 19th, 2012

1. Applications: fix no audio when launching video capture impacting applications like Skype
  2. Display: graphics performance enhancements
  3. Hard drive based products: avoid potential loss of hard drive when 3G USB port is switched on with no peripheral attached
  4. Wi-Fi: fix some more disconnect cases happening on some access points

This Root version works on all tablets gen9, is stable and can be used as a daily ROM !

These are the files you need to install Root Version :

1. - archos.ext4 in archive : archos_407.zip
  2. - zImage and initramfs.cpio.lzo in archive : Kernel_407.zip Mirror : kernel_407.zip - 4.72 MB
Installation :

• - copy archos.ext4 into Internal Storage ( /mnt/storage )
    [*]- reboot into SDE menu and under Developer Edition Menu ,( remove Android Kernel if available) than Flash Kernel and Initramfs : copy zImage and initramfs.cpio.lzo on the new driver that appears on desktop/laptop ;
    [*]- ok ! and wait for reboot your devices : after reboot you can see Android update system for a while .....be patient !
In this Rom we do not have custom "bootanimation" , no extra apps added , anything else in addition to original !!!

For all those who want a proper use (without touchscreen issue) ....please check this thread ! Thanks !

regard,

surdu_petru

Last edited:

zando2712

Jan 11, 2011
I installed firmware before you responded.
Thank you surdu_petru!
VPN support is in.

Browsing to lib/modules/ I see no tun.ko though.

Last edited:

miki8989

Jul 1, 2007
should not be ....

should not be ....

I continue riding the loop
practice in the installation, the tablet starts but if I turn it off at the next reboot would always live as if part of the new rom (upgrade Android ...)

retraced to 4.06 waiting for better times

thanks

Reactions: surdu_petru

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
should not be ....

I continue riding the loop
practice in the installation, the tablet starts but if I turn it off at the next reboot would always live as if part of the new rom (upgrade Android ...)

retraced to 4.06 waiting for better times

thanks
....I'll reupdate now the initramfs !
Thanks !!!
Ok ! Now you can re-download kernel.407.zip and re-flash !!! Good luck ...

Last edited:

miki8989

Jul 1, 2007
thanks

works perfectly

resul quadrant
cpu - 6809
mem - 2459
i/o - 1116
2d - 990
3d - 1612
total - 2597

with fly overclocking

you can do nothing for the market that does not load some app (antutu, amazon etc..)
I tried changing the build.prop but even if the device is seen from a google samsung, the app will still not be compatible

grazie

Last edited:

taninos

Oct 7, 2011
Hi, I need a root rom with a kernel that supports "loop devices". Does this kernel update support "loop device"? Thanks in advance.

Best.

hatcyl

Nov 30, 2008
Nice, this firmware worked.

But are you not allowed to factory reset after using this? After factory reset I can't boot anymore.

smithmal

Jun 19, 2012
GPS now working

Thanks for this Surdu. Can confirm that both the Archos stock and this ROM are compatible with GPS now (I get instant locks). I am a happy man.

BTW, is the kernal you included all the G9 to overclock? I have a 4460 and am getting quadrant score of 1781 with a max and min @ 1.2 GHz (Performance Governor).

Thanks,

smithmal

Last edited: