• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Stock Based][Z010D/ZC550KL] CleanMAX for Zenfone Max

Search This thread

mrichiem

Features:
De-bloated, Rooted, BusyBox installed, Deodexed, Zipaligned, Sqlite3 binary, smoother interface, better RAM management, full kernel control (install Kernel Adiutor from Playstore), improved internet/data speed, tweaked read/write from memory. GPS accuracy improved.

Notes:
Just download the Asus apps you need from the Playstore. Download Asus Weather for the Lockscreen Clock.

As this is stock based, kernel CPU is still controlled by default Power Manager app, so set it to Performance to maximize CPU speeds.

If you want more control in tweaking this ROM, I recommend flashing ABS Tweaks v5.0, just make sure to delete everything in the init.d folder before flashing. ABS Tweaks thread is here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software-hacking/tweak-arkaynine-boost-script-v3-0-t3120404

Instructions:
You must be on Marshmallow firmware with TWRP installed to flash this ROM.
Back up your current rom, check Boot, Aboot, System, Data in TWRP/Backup.
Clean install required. Wipe Cache/Dalvik/Data in TWRP.
Flash Rom zip.
Initial boot may take longer than usual, normally 8-10 mins.
Once phone boots and you complete setting up, download, install and run Uni-init.apk to activate init.d support, then reboot to activate tweaks.

ROM Download: https://mega.nz/#!sN1y0KwL!6qdvubX-n-CIoXTjCl7oTzmmEUp6_ioH9m7l33de69s

Last edited by a moderator:

enjourneer

Dec 16, 2014
xposed yes, volte no since there is no volte yet in my country

Sir you're also from the Philippines right?
Btw is this rom got some major bugs etc? Does off charging work?
Im currently using the RR official rom running nougat 7.1.1
How can I change to this rom? Should I reflashed the stock recovery and then flash stock rom from asus before flashing twrp again then flash this rom?
Or can I flash this directly from twrp while on RR nougat rom? Thanks in advance

enjourneer

Dec 16, 2014
I did flash this coming from RR rom
Cant download any app at playstore (using wifi)
Higher ram usage than RR even there is nothing other app installed yet?
I did not flash any kernel just did follow all the instruction before I flash the rom zip file from the dl link
Did I do something wrong? Or it needs some tweaking before I can use it to its optimum performance/battery usage?

Jinkiria

Nov 3, 2015
I did flash this coming from RR rom
Cant download any app at playstore (using wifi)
Higher ram usage than RR even there is nothing other app installed yet?
I did not flash any kernel just did follow all the instruction before I flash the rom zip file from the dl link
Did I do something wrong? Or it needs some tweaking before I can use it to its optimum performance/battery usage?

Any screenshot that we can see whats cause the problem??

enjourneer

Dec 16, 2014
Did you do a full wipe coming from RR?

yes I did wipe the cache,dalvik & data on twrp before flashing the rom...
I did observe also the ram usage it's quite higher than RR so I did just restore to using RR for now but still I'm looking forward to use this rom in your future updates keep up the goodwork sir

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

Did you do a full wipe coming from RR?
one more thing sir can you provide the link of that XENON HD rom you are using? Thank you very much if you can :)

elemnus

Oct 12, 2015
Philippines
Wow. thanks. I want to try this now.
-----
Update: Flashed from MM stock and I've got bootlooped. Or may be it's because my stock MM is already on bootloop?

Last edited:

Dialmond

Aug 6, 2017
Flashed it on my device with absolutely no problems and it works as intended. I was previously using RR nougat ROM and I had no problem installing this after wiping everything in recovery except external storage (which contained the cleanMAX rom zip). Been using it for about a day and I`m pleased with the performance. Animations and system run smoothly and I haven`t encountered any errors or bugs yet. Ram usually sits at about 50-60% on casual use which is more than better for my taste. As for the battery, I can only say that it handles well so far. Installed the ROM this morning when battery was 90%, now it`s almost 8 pm and battery is at 70% having in mind I constantly used it for texting and installing my necesary apps. I figure I`d probably need a couple more days to see how the really battery performs. But overall for now I personally really like this rom, thank you creator!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Features:
    De-bloated, Rooted, BusyBox installed, Deodexed, Zipaligned, Sqlite3 binary, smoother interface, better RAM management, full kernel control (install Kernel Adiutor from Playstore), improved internet/data speed, tweaked read/write from memory. GPS accuracy improved.

Notes:
    Just download the Asus apps you need from the Playstore. Download Asus Weather for the Lockscreen Clock.

As this is stock based, kernel CPU is still controlled by default Power Manager app, so set it to Performance to maximize CPU speeds.

If you want more control in tweaking this ROM, I recommend flashing ABS Tweaks v5.0, just make sure to delete everything in the init.d folder before flashing. ABS Tweaks thread is here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software-hacking/tweak-arkaynine-boost-script-v3-0-t3120404

Instructions:
    You must be on Marshmallow firmware with TWRP installed to flash this ROM.
    Back up your current rom, check Boot, Aboot, System, Data in TWRP/Backup.
    Clean install required. Wipe Cache/Dalvik/Data in TWRP.
    Flash Rom zip.
    Initial boot may take longer than usual, normally 8-10 mins.
    Once phone boots and you complete setting up, download, install and run Uni-init.apk to activate init.d support, then reboot to activate tweaks.

ROM Download: https://mega.nz/#!sN1y0KwL!6qdvubX-n-CIoXTjCl7oTzmmEUp6_ioH9m7l33de69s
    xposed yes, volte no since there is no volte yet in my country
    Hi, i have installed the CleanMAx rom but it has an issue with some apps crashing like " screen off and lock" and "smart alarm" does not work also...
    I have also tried the stock Reaper Kernel and after installing it, the wifi toggle does not work...
    Is there any tweaks on the CleanMax rom Kernel itself? I am planning in backing up the kernel and trying on the original stock rom if the same kernel has tweaks also... since the reaper kernel has issues with the wifi ...
    Thanks in advance
    Hello, i think you didn't read the advice right? "I haven't tested the new kernel on Stock rom yet so there's a chance that WiFi will stop working, I recommend backing up your system and boot partition before flashing." and also CleanMax is better than Stock ROM even with stock kernel. :good:
    i am having asus zenfone max snapdragon 410 version any rom i am trying to flash it keeps giving me an error
    process ended with error 7 this rom is for asus z010d,z010 ........ i tried flashing miui for z010d, aim rom, lineage os 13 and cleanmax rom it keeps giving the same error :(
    any help whats wrong with it is much appreciated
    Try to update your TWRP if that doesn't work change the updater-script
    yes I did wipe the cache,dalvik & data on twrp before flashing the rom...
    I did observe also the ram usage it's quite higher than RR so I did just restore to using RR for now but still I'm looking forward to use this rom in your future updates keep up the goodwork sir

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

one more thing sir can you provide the link of that XENON HD rom you are using? Thank you very much if you can :)

Heres the link for the Xenon HD Rom for Zenfone MAX Z010D:

https://dev.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862704825