[ROM][STOCK][FASTBOOT][OP7P] Stock Fastboot ROMs for OnePlus 7 Pro/ 7 Pro 5G

Search This thread

pineman

May 4, 2021
I tried updating to LineageOS 18.1 using the instructions at https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/guacamole/upgrade and it was a disaster.

From the fastboot mode menu, 'Recovery mode' was not booting into recovery so I tried flashing the 18.1 recovery image. That was booting but not consistently. Anyway, when I tried to sideload the new version of LineageOS nothing happened and it was stuck in a fastboot loop.

Try the following and stick with a 17.1 version of recovery for LineageOS 18.1 (this works for me anyway).

To get out of this fastboot loop:
  1. Go to https://sourceforge.net/projects/fastbootroms/files/OnePlus 7 Pro/
  2. Download and find images.zip
  3. In fastboot mode, run 'fastboot update images.zip'
  4. Be prepared for weird stuff to happen but try to get into fastboot mode to flash a known working recovery image which will probably be a 17.1 version
  5. From there it should be like a standard install
  6. Boot into recovery
  7. Sideload LineageOS 18.1
Note:

To poweroff from the 'the bootloader is unlocked' splash screen (or the new Crashdump Mode):​
Hold power, volume-up, and volume-down buttons for ~3 to ~10 seconds​
When powered off:​
Always start with USB unplugged​
To enter recovery mode:​
Hold power and volume-down buttons for ~5 to ~ 10 seconds​
To enter fastboot mode:​
Hold power, volume-up, and volume-down buttons for ~3 seconds​

I hope this helps someone. Cheers

Reactions: Oneplus7pr0

Alecjasonn

Jul 6, 2015
Can someone please help me? I was trying to root my 7 Pro with fastboot since I have oos11, and the device went to the Qualcomm CrashDump mode. I was able to get back to fastboot and tried to flash the stock images but it wouldn't let me flash many of them because they are critical partitions. After that the OS still wouldn't boot so I went to stock recovery and wiped the device to try to flash the stock images again. BUT NOW, fastboot will not work, I guess becuase Debugging is not on anymore, but there's no way for me to boot the device to turn it on, and I'm not having much luck using MSM tool because it's not easy to use because of all of this driver BS. What the hell do I do?

EDIT: LOL Nevermind I just needed the Oneplus Drivers.

Last edited:
Reactions: slgooding

justinstrack

Apr 21, 2014
Can someone please help me? I was trying to root my 7 Pro with fastboot since I have oos11, and the device went to the Qualcomm CrashDump mode. I was able to get back to fastboot and tried to flash the stock images but it wouldn't let me flash many of them because they are critical partitions. After that the OS still wouldn't boot so I went to stock recovery and wiped the device to try to flash the stock images again. BUT NOW, fastboot will not work, I guess becuase Debugging is not on anymore, but there's no way for me to boot the device to turn it on, and I'm not having much luck using MSM tool because it's not easy to use because of all of this driver BS. What the hell do I do?

EDIT: LOL Nevermind I just needed the Oneplus Drivers.
So I have Android 11 update on my oneplus7 pro waiting to download.

How would you recommend me upgrading my phone with root?

What I've done in the past with andriod 10 was download the update, install it, then fastboot with twrp & install the lastest version on Magisk.

@soka

Aug 8, 2014
Glencoe
So I have Android 11 update on my oneplus7 pro waiting to download.

How would you recommend me upgrading my phone with root?

What I've done in the past with andriod 10 was download the update, install it, then fastboot with twrp & install the lastest version on Magisk.
Well since, there is no TWRP that works with A11 yet. Your safest bet would be to install the update, DONT REBOOT, install Magisk to inactive slot. Disable or remove modules from Magisk. Reboot , done.

Reactions: justinstrack

affection788

Nov 1, 2010
mumbai
OnePlus 7 Pro
I am on Lineage OS 18.1 with stock Lineage recovery. I want to go back to stock Oxygen with locked bootloader. Can I use this method to do this? If not can someone please link me to the appropriate thread. Thank you

i_pk_pjers_i

Jun 8, 2015
I tried updating to LineageOS 18.1 using the instructions at https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/guacamole/upgrade and it was a disaster.

From the fastboot mode menu, 'Recovery mode' was not booting into recovery so I tried flashing the 18.1 recovery image. That was booting but not consistently. Anyway, when I tried to sideload the new version of LineageOS nothing happened and it was stuck in a fastboot loop.

Try the following and stick with a 17.1 version of recovery for LineageOS 18.1 (this works for me anyway).

To get out of this fastboot loop:
  1. Go to https://sourceforge.net/projects/fastbootroms/files/OnePlus 7 Pro/
  2. Download and find images.zip
  3. In fastboot mode, run 'fastboot update images.zip'
  4. Be prepared for weird stuff to happen but try to get into fastboot mode to flash a known working recovery image which will probably be a 17.1 version
  5. From there it should be like a standard install
  6. Boot into recovery
  7. Sideload LineageOS 18.1
Note:

To poweroff from the 'the bootloader is unlocked' splash screen (or the new Crashdump Mode):​
Hold power, volume-up, and volume-down buttons for ~3 to ~10 seconds​
When powered off:​
Always start with USB unplugged​
To enter recovery mode:​
Hold power and volume-down buttons for ~5 to ~ 10 seconds​
To enter fastboot mode:​
Hold power, volume-up, and volume-down buttons for ~3 seconds​

I hope this helps someone. Cheers
Same problem here, it went disasterously wrong for me too on my OnePlus 7 Pro LineageOS 17.1 to 18.1 except I even ended up having to use MSM tool to unbrick because it kept rebooting to bootloader even after other stuff like flash-all.bat etc.

jensenchen68

Nov 6, 2012
Although it said not for branded devices I used this on a T-Mobile variant with an unlocked bootloader that I had previously converted to international firmware. I was stuck in the bootloader and my phone would not boot into anything else. The MSM tool wasn't working either. This tool revived my device. Thank you! Everything works fine and I have noticed no issues whatsoever.
Just want to confirm that we can flash the international ROM to a T-mobile variant. Did you get dual sim? Thanks!

RandomPooka

Oct 14, 2010
Kent, OH
OnePlus 8
Just want to confirm that we can flash the international ROM to a T-mobile variant. Did you get dual sim? Thanks!
I've got a TMO OP7P that I converted to INternational. All was fine on Android 10, but after upgrading to international Android 11, I had crazy screen issues when it would sleep/wake/switch to and from 60hz and 90hz refresh rates. Putting it back on the TMO software seems to have helped. YMMV

ayo234

Nov 21, 2012
My phone is stuck in a bootloop after falling the "Flash-all.bat" (It goes from logo back to "bootloader is unlocked". I can still enter and execute commands in fastboot. Should I have used the Flash- al partitions. bat?

Any tips to help?

AlexMD83

Sep 26, 2013
Bucharest
www.micadu.ro
My phone is stuck in a bootloop after falling the "Flash-all.bat" (It goes from logo back to "bootloader is unlocked". I can still enter and execute commands in fastboot. Should I have used the Flash- al partitions. bat?

Any tips to help?
I have the same issue.
Was trying to move back to stock from LineageOS, but ended up in a loop after using flash-all.bat
I am able to go back into fastboot.
Any thoughts from here?

Reactions: phonneri

WaldenGaming

Feb 18, 2016
Myresjö
Samsung Galaxy S4
LG G Flex
Hello!

please, I really need help!

I got Oneplus 7 Pro, Model GM1913, Build: ...GM21BA. I flashed via flash-all.bat, I used this "

10.0-GM21BA-OnePlus7ProOxygen_21.E.20_OTA_020_all_1909172050_2ce34409-FASTBOOT.zip" and after flashing, I get "Qualcomm ChrasDump Mode: dm-verity device encrypted Force Dump kernel_restart"​

"

Please please please, what can I do? Any help is really appreciated!!
433487922_fe956c10-1d49-4654-b9c8-4f988525f268.jpg

@soka

Aug 8, 2014
Glencoe
Hello!

please, I really need help!

I got Oneplus 7 Pro, Model GM1913, Build: ...GM21BA. I flashed via flash-all.bat, I used this "

10.0-GM21BA-OnePlus7ProOxygen_21.E.20_OTA_020_all_1909172050_2ce34409-FASTBOOT.zip" and after flashing, I get "Qualcomm ChrasDump Mode: dm-verity device encrypted Force Dump kernel_restart"​

"

Please please please, what can I do? Any help is really appreciated!!
View attachment 5382893
Try rebooting into stock recovery after flashing the fastboot rom and reset/factory reset. That always worked for me.

WaldenGaming

Feb 18, 2016
Myresjö
Samsung Galaxy S4
LG G Flex
Reactions: khalisz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Things are changing with the advent of project treble and seamless updates. OnePlus will no longer release ROMs flashable via stock recovery because is no more needed. The updates will be done on the slot not used for example if you are using slot a the update will be installed on slot b and the slot b will be set as default. If you brick and you are in bootloop how you can restore the rom? You can't with Stock ROM you have, because the zip can be only installed via Update Engine, so what can you do? Flash a stock rom via fastboot. I have extracted all images from the stock zip and i have made a new zip with the Fastboot ROM with a flash-all.bat included. This will work only if your bootloader is unlocked. This will erase all your data and will wipe your internal storage.

HOW TO FLASH
    This version is only for not branded devices
    Download the zip;
    Unpack the zip in a folder;
    Reboot the OnePlus 7 Pro in fastboot mode (Power and volume + and volume-);
    Connect the OnePlus 7 Pro to PC;
    Run flash-all.bat flasher you need;
    Wait until the process end;
    The phone will automatically reboot.

FLASHER ADVANCED GUIDE
    flash-all-partitions-fastboot.bat : this .bat will flash all possible partitions through fastboot (Except persist) , there are some criticals partitions that can't be flashed through fastboot;
    flash-only-persist.bat : this .bat will flash only persist partition in fastboot mode (This is good for people that have problems with sensor);
    flash-all-partitions-recovery-criticals.bat : this .bat will boot the twrp and will flash criticals partitions, use this carefully;
    flash-system-boot-vendor.bat : this .bat is the same of older flash-all.bat and so it will flash only vendor, system and boot;
    flash-all-partitions.bat : this .bat will run flash-all-partitions-fastboot.bat , then flash-only-persist.bat and then flash-all-partitions-recovery-criticals.bat .

Now usually the one needed is only the first "flash-all-partitions-fastboot.bat" but if you are badly bricked i recommend to use flash-all-partitions.bat .

DOWNLOAD

All roms on AFH: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=294300
    All roms on Sourceforge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/fastbootroms/files/OnePlus 7 Pro
    OnePlus 7 Pro Persist: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117929081

BRANDED PHONE
    For now branded device are not supported

MANUAL FLASH: Windows - OSX - Linux

If you want to manual flash these roms these are the commands (you need to extract images.zip before proceed)

Fastboot Partitions:
    Code:
    fastboot flash aop_a aop.img
    fastboot flash aop_b aop.img
    fastboot flash bluetooth_a bluetooth.img
    fastboot flash bluetooth_b bluetooth.img
    fastboot flash boot_a boot.img
    fastboot flash boot_b boot.img
    fastboot flash dsp_a dsp.img
    fastboot flash dsp_b dsp.img
    fastboot flash dtbo_a dtbo.img
    fastboot flash dtbo_b dtbo.img
    fastboot flash modem_a modem.img
    fastboot flash modem_b modem.img
    fastboot flash oem_stanvbk oem_stanvbk.img
    fastboot flash qupfw_a qupfw.img
    fastboot flash qupfw_b qupfw.img
    fastboot flash storsec_a storsec.img
    fastboot flash storsec_b storsec.img
    fastboot flash system_a system.img
    fastboot flash system_b system.img
    fastboot flash vbmeta_a vbmeta.img
    fastboot flash vbmeta_b vbmeta.img
    fastboot flash vendor_a vendor.img
    fastboot flash vendor_b vendor.img
    fastboot flash LOGO_a LOGO.img
    fastboot flash LOGO_b LOGO.img
    If you need also persist partition, this is the command:
    Code:
    fastboot flash persist persist.img

Criticals Partitions, for these you need to boot the TWRP:
    Code:
    fastboot boot TWRP.img
    When you are in TWRP you need to run these commands to push and flash all criticals partitions:
    Code:
    adb push abl.img /sdcard/abl.img
    adb shell dd if=/sdcard/abl.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/abl_a
    adb shell dd if=/sdcard/abl.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/abl_b
    adb push cmnlib.img /sdcard/cmnlib.img
    adb shell dd if=/sdcard/cmnlib.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/cmnlib_a
    adb shell dd if=/sdcard/cmnlib.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/cmnlib_b
    adb push cmnlib64.img /sdcard/cmnlib64.img
    adb shell dd if=/sdcard/cmnlib64.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/cmnlib64_a
    adb shell dd if=/sdcard/cmnlib64.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/cmnlib64_b
    adb push devcfg.img /sdcard/devcfg.img
    adb shell dd if=/sdcard/devcfg.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/devcfg_a
    adb shell dd if=/sdcard/devcfg.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/devcfg_b
    adb push hyp.img /sdcard/hyp.img
    adb shell dd if=/sdcard/hyp.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/hyp_a
    adb shell dd if=/sdcard/hyp.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/hyp_b
    adb push keymaster.img /sdcard/keymaster.img
    adb shell dd if=/sdcard/keymaster.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/keymaster_a
    adb shell dd if=/sdcard/keymaster.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/keymaster_b
    adb push xbl.img /sdcard/xbl.img
    adb shell dd if=/sdcard/xbl.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/xbl_a
    adb shell dd if=/sdcard/xbl.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/xbl_b
    adb push xbl_config.img /sdcard/xbl_config.img
    adb shell dd if=/sdcard/xbl_config.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/xbl_config_a
    adb shell dd if=/sdcard/xbl_config.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/xbl_config_b
    adb push odm.img /sdcard/odm.img
    adb shell dd if=/sdcard/odm.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/odm_a
    adb shell dd if=/sdcard/odm_config.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/odm_b
    adb push tz.img /sdcard/tz.img
    adb shell dd if=/sdcard/tz.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/tz_a
    adb shell dd if=/sdcard/tz.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/tz_b

REMEMBER
    "Invalid sparce file format at header magic" is not an error, you need to wait a bit when you see that string, just wait.

These ROMs can't be used to update or downgrade your phone but just to restore your phone, so don't use them to come back to oreo or to update from oreo to pie.

If the rom seems doesn't start go in recovery stock and follow this guideline: English -> Wipe data and cache -> Erase everything.

If you want to rebrand your phone from HydrogenOS to OxygenOS you can follow this guide: Rebrand Guide

If you want you can use also my tool to flash Factory Images, unlock bootloader, flash twrp or to understand if the device is recognized: https://toolaio.tk/

Thanks to @SaiBork for first time tested

If you got some problems like write error or no partition, check this: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=76658555&postcount=34

DONATE LINK

If you want to support this and others my projects please consider making a donation, thanks.

Chance to get 9.5.9 fastboot?

Guys, give me some times, i'm not a machine.
    Guys these roms are not made to update your phone, but to restore your phone when you are in bootloop or something similar, to update you should use twrp or local update option to flash the full rom released from oneplus
    Thank you! You revived my phone!

Perfect, like for others oneplus devices i will continue to support them, if you want to contribute and help me, please consider making a donation, thanks.

I know you said not for branded devices, are the partitions different for these devices?

Yes, sometimes also the rom is different. Actually the branded devices can't use this rom also if they want, because to use this rom you need to have an unlocked bootloader