[ROM][STOCK][FASTBOOT][OP8P] Stock Fastboot ROMs for OnePlus 8 Pro

Search This thread

mauronofrio

Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2012
Castellana Grotte
toolaio.tk
Things are changing with the advent of project treble and seamless updates. OnePlus will no longer release ROMs flashable via recovery (either stock) because is no more needed. The updates will be done on the slot not used for example if you are using slot a the update will be installed on slot b and the slot b will be set as default. If you brick and you are in bootloop how you can restore the rom? You can't with Stock ROM you have, because the zip can be only installed via Update Engine, so what can you do? Flash a stock rom via fastboot. I have extracted all images from the stock zip and i have made a new zip with the Fastboot ROM with a flash-all.bat included. This will work only if your bootloader is unlocked. This will erase all your data and will wipe your internal storage.

HOW TO FLASH
This version is only for not branded devices
Download the zip;
Unpack the zip in a folder;
Reboot the OnePlus 8 Pro in fastboot-bootloader mode (Power and volume + and volume-);
Connect the OnePlus 8 Pro to PC;
Run flash-all.bat flasher you need;
Wait until the process end;
The phone will automatically reboot.

DOWNLOAD

All roms on Sourceforge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/fastbootroms/files/OnePlus 8 Pro

BRANDED PHONE
For now branded device are not supported

MANUAL FLASH: Windows - OSX - Linux

If you want to manual flash these roms these are the commands (You need the latest sdk platform tools, you can find it here

Is reccomended to format data or the rom cannot boot:
Code:
fastboot -w
Others Commands to flash a fastboot rom
Code:
fastboot flash aop aop.img
fastboot flash bluetooth bluetooth.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash dsp dsp.img
fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
fastboot flash LOGO LOGO.img
fastboot flash modem modem.img
fastboot flash oem_stanvbk oem_stanvbk.img
fastboot flash qupfw qupfw.img
fastboot flash storsec storsec.img
fastboot flash multiimgoem multiimgoem.img
fastboot flash uefisecapp uefisecapp.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
fastboot flash opproduct opproduct.img
fastboot reboot fastboot
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
fastboot flash product product.img
fastboot reboot

REMEMBER
"Invalid sparce file format at header magic" is not an error, you need to wait a bit when you see that string, just wait.

If the device automatically reboot in Stock Recovery mode don't reboot it and wait the flash end.

These ROMs can't be used to update or downgrade your phone but just to restore your phone.

If the rom seems doesn't start go in recovery stock and follow this guideline: English -> Wipe data and cache -> Erase everything.

If you want to rebrand your phone from HydrogenOS to OxygenOS you can follow this guide: Rebrand Guide

If you want you can use also my tool to flash Factory Images, unlock bootloader, flash twrp or to understand if the device is recognized: https://toolaio.tk/

If you got some problems like write error or no partition, check this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=76658555&postcount=34

DONATE LINK

If you want to support this and others my projects please consider making a donation, thanks.

Last edited:

Poloasis

Oct 11, 2010
Philadelphia
This is awesome, my OP8P is not even here yet and development is moving forward nicely.
Tx mauronofrio, donation sent!

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

As I understand this, this is for the European version so far and not the US version, correct?

mauronofrio

Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2012
Castellana Grotte
toolaio.tk
This is awesome, my OP8P is not even here yet and development is moving forward nicely.

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

As I understand this, this is for the European version so far and not the US version, correct?

Can you please do this for OnePlus 8 (non pro)

For now yes, I need of the others normal roms to make the fastboot roms and for sure this will come also for OnePlus 8

Reactions: ps000000
Apr 25, 2017
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 5T
Reactions: dobi3

Gordietm

Sep 11, 2012
Toronto
This might be a stupid question, but will twrp recovery ever be available to flash custom ROMs down the road, or is it just not possible on the OP8Pro?

Gordietm

Sep 11, 2012
Toronto
If I substituted a magisk patched boot.img in the fastboot rom and flashed it via flash-all command, will it flash the stock rom and root it at the same time?

Sent from my OnePlus 8 Pro using XDA Labs

Gordietm

Sep 11, 2012
Toronto
So I'm really screwed here. I flashed a substartum theme that caused my phone to boot into fastboot mode. I cant delete the theme witha an adb command because its not recognizing my device.
Now I fastbooted the stock rom with flash all.bat and Im getting failed error commands. I just realized that Ive already updated to 10.0.55 and its not working. What do I do?

cultofluna

Nov 25, 2015
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 5
So I'm really screwed here. I flashed a substartum theme that caused my phone to boot into fastboot mode. I cant delete the theme witha an adb command because its not recognizing my device.
Now I fastbooted the stock rom with flash all.bat and Im getting failed error commands. I just realized that Ive already updated to 10.0.55 and its not working. What do I do?
Try
fastboot -w
On fastboot

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

Try
fastboot -w
On fastboot
Also, on flash all bat
Ignore, invalid sparse error....

Gordietm

Sep 11, 2012
Toronto
Try
fastboot -w
On fastboot

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

Also, on flash all bat
Ignore, invalid sparse error....
Hey thanks. Everything finally worked and back to normal. I'm staying away from certain substratum themes from now on until we have twrp. ?

Sent from my OnePlus 8 Pro using XDA Labs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys. Can i install Global Rom on my IN2020 (Chinese Market) oneplus 8 pro? Thanks
    Yes
    Is it ok to flash the EU version on top of a chinese device?
    I'm asking this because I see partitions such as modem which might be problematic I guess..
    100% OK.
    Things are changing with the advent of project treble and seamless updates. OnePlus will no longer release ROMs flashable via recovery (either stock) because is no more needed. The updates will be done on the slot not used for example if you are using slot a the update will be installed on slot b and the slot b will be set as default. If you brick and you are in bootloop how you can restore the rom? You can't with Stock ROM you have, because the zip can be only installed via Update Engine, so what can you do? Flash a stock rom via fastboot. I have extracted all images from the stock zip and i have made a new zip with the Fastboot ROM with a flash-all.bat included. This will work only if your bootloader is unlocked. This will erase all your data and will wipe your internal storage.

HOW TO FLASH
    This version is only for not branded devices
    Download the zip;
    Unpack the zip in a folder;
    Reboot the OnePlus 8 Pro in fastboot-bootloader mode (Power and volume + and volume-);
    Connect the OnePlus 8 Pro to PC;
    Run flash-all.bat flasher you need;
    Wait until the process end;
    The phone will automatically reboot.

DOWNLOAD

All roms on Sourceforge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/fastbootroms/files/OnePlus 8 Pro

BRANDED PHONE
    For now branded device are not supported

MANUAL FLASH: Windows - OSX - Linux

If you want to manual flash these roms these are the commands (You need the latest sdk platform tools, you can find it here

Is reccomended to format data or the rom cannot boot:
    Code:
    fastboot -w
    Others Commands to flash a fastboot rom
    Code:
    fastboot flash aop aop.img
    fastboot flash bluetooth bluetooth.img
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash dsp dsp.img
    fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
    fastboot flash LOGO LOGO.img
    fastboot flash modem modem.img
    fastboot flash oem_stanvbk oem_stanvbk.img
    fastboot flash qupfw qupfw.img
    fastboot flash storsec storsec.img
    fastboot flash multiimgoem multiimgoem.img
    fastboot flash uefisecapp uefisecapp.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
    fastboot flash opproduct opproduct.img
    fastboot reboot fastboot
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
    fastboot flash product product.img
    fastboot reboot

REMEMBER
    "Invalid sparce file format at header magic" is not an error, you need to wait a bit when you see that string, just wait.

If the device automatically reboot in Stock Recovery mode don't reboot it and wait the flash end.

These ROMs can't be used to update or downgrade your phone but just to restore your phone.

If the rom seems doesn't start go in recovery stock and follow this guideline: English -> Wipe data and cache -> Erase everything.

If you want to rebrand your phone from HydrogenOS to OxygenOS you can follow this guide: Rebrand Guide

If you want you can use also my tool to flash Factory Images, unlock bootloader, flash twrp or to understand if the device is recognized: https://toolaio.tk/

If you got some problems like write error or no partition, check this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=76658555&postcount=34

DONATE LINK

If you want to support this and others my projects please consider making a donation, thanks.

I want to thank all those who supported me, in 2 days I have already managed to buy the OnePlus 8 Pro, I will receive it in about a week and then I will immediately get to work. I will remove the link of the Paypal moneybox and let it close by itself so as to keep it in the historical (it will close tomorrow). A big thank you to everyone.
    You can do this yourself.

Step 1: Download your official firmware
    Step 2: Extract payload.img
    Step 3: Use Payload dumper to dump payload.image
    Step 4: Copy dumped files to the root of the Fastboot rom directory
    Step 5: Flash :)