[ROM][STOCK][FASTBOOT][OP8P] Stock Fastboot ROMs for OnePlus 8 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mac796

Aug 20, 2014
Long Beach
Yeah, I've updated software versions a good 5 times and installed Magisk on the other slot but it still doesn't pass. I just want to make sure that I have the process right for factory resetting though, I'm not very experienced with rooting. All I need to do is backup persist and flash the correct software file with this tool, correct?

Fairly sure you can just boot into stock recovery and wipe there. I think the persist.img deal is only when you start cross flashing or maybe going backwards

Edit. Never hurts to keep backups of all that stuff. Make sure and save it to your pc

Last edited:

IronMan1977777

Dec 25, 2017
These ROMs can't be used to update or downgrade your phone but just to restore your phone.

Should have read this before. I did an update (unintentionally) and it worked (kinda). From 10.5.8 to 10.5.11 (EU). Why kinda? Well fingerprint reader is broke if i relock the bootloader. As long as i keep it unlocked it is working fine. Can anybody give me a clue why this is happening (Crossflashing?).

IronMan1977777

Dec 25, 2017
Should have read this before. I did an update (unintentionally) and it worked (kinda). From 10.5.8 to 10.5.11 (EU). Why kinda? Well fingerprint reader is broke if i relock the bootloader. As long as i keep it unlocked it is working fine. Can anybody give me a clue why this is happening (Crossflashing?).

So what should i do now? Flash the 10.5.8 from this thread (i did an backup of the persist.img but only after "upgrading"). Or will this break more stuff? Only issue for me ATM is Wivedine L3 in unlocked und no fingerprint reader in locked state (but Wivedine L1).

kpirnie

Recognized Contributor
@mauronofrio
Attempting this now... however, I am getting the following:
fastboot flash bluetooth bluetooth.img
target reported max download size of 805306368 bytes
sending 'bluetooth' (460 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.022s]
writing 'bluetooth'...
FAILED (remote: Flashing is not allowed for Critical Partitions
)
finished. total time: 0.026s

on quite a few of the images.

Any ideas? I've got the latest fastboot and adb for Ubuntu 20.04

mauronofrio

Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2012
Castellana Grotte
toolaio.tk
@mauronofrio
Attempting this now... however, I am getting the following:
target reported max download size of 805306368 bytes
sending 'bluetooth' (460 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.022s]
writing 'bluetooth'...
FAILED (remote: Flashing is not allowed for Critical Partitions
)
finished. total time: 0.026s

on quite a few of the images.

Any ideas? I've got the latest fastboot and adb for Ubuntu 20.04

I have to update the manual guide

Reactions: kpirnie

rickysidhu_

Apr 1, 2016
Vancouver
Hey I finally got the time to flash this to get a fresh start to my device and I have one request if possible,

Could you tweak the script to flash to both slots? I can do it myself as well but I'm not sure if its as simple as adding "--slot=all" to some lines in the script.

I remember the OP7P fastblot scripts would flash to both so it would be nice to have that here as well! Thanks for your work!

kpirnie

Recognized Contributor
Hey I finally got the time to flash this to get a fresh start to my device and I have one request if possible,

Could you tweak the script to flash to both slots? I can do it myself as well but I'm not sure if its as simple as adding "--slot=all" to some lines in the script.

I remember the OP7P fastblot scripts would flash to both so it would be nice to have that here as well! Thanks for your work!
to be honest, Im very greatful it doesnt. I ended up sofrbricking because of the issue I posted above... however because it didnt flash to both slots I was able to simply switch slots amd get back into a usable system

rickysidhu_

Apr 1, 2016
Vancouver
to be honest, Im very greatful it doesnt. I ended up sofrbricking because of the issue I posted above... however because it didnt flash to both slots I was able to simply switch slots amd get back into a usable system
Just went back to read what happened. Fair enough! I guess it's not a big deal to just boot back into the bootloader, switch slots and run the flash all again.

I'm pretty sure it's not even needed but my OCD gets the best of me sometimes lol

kpirnie

Recognized Contributor
Just went back to read what happened. Fair enough! I guess it's not a big deal to just boot back into the bootloader, switch slots and run the flash all again.

I'm pretty sure it's not even needed but my OCD gets the best of me sometimes lol
:)
Could also edit the scripts and add the attribute in.. tho.. as in my case, I'm not sure I would recommend it. That way you've got a slot that's untouched by it... that's hopefully bootable... =)

Reactions: rickysidhu_
Aug 2, 2013

how do you select which slot you boot into? i cant find the answer anywhere and im new to the one plus 8.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2013
You shouldn't be manually selecting which slot to boot into unless you're having issues of not being able to boot at all.

But the command is:

Code:
fastboot --set-active=a

And to switch to b, just replace the a with b

thank you so much for the answer. i just came back to delete the question because i figured it out, i was just asking because other roms say "make sure stock OOS is on both slots first" and im just like "how in the world do i even check that. thank you tho! and every time i used the flash all bat it would only flash "_b" never "_a" so i was confused but i got it now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Moderator Information
    This project is not under active development, take precautions when you are installing it.

Things are changing with the advent of project treble and seamless updates. OnePlus will no longer release ROMs flashable via recovery (either stock) because is no more needed. The updates will be done on the slot not used for example if you are using slot a the update will be installed on slot b and the slot b will be set as default. If you brick and you are in bootloop how you can restore the rom? You can't with Stock ROM you have, because the zip can be only installed via Update Engine, so what can you do? Flash a stock rom via fastboot. I have extracted all images from the stock zip and i have made a new zip with the Fastboot ROM with a flash-all.bat included. This will work only if your bootloader is unlocked. This will erase all your data and will wipe your internal storage.

HOW TO FLASH
    This version is only for not branded devices
    Download the zip;
    Unpack the zip in a folder;
    Reboot the OnePlus 8 Pro in fastboot-bootloader mode (Power and volume + and volume-);
    Connect the OnePlus 8 Pro to PC;
    Run flash-all.bat flasher you need;
    Wait until the process end;
    The phone will automatically reboot.

DOWNLOAD

All roms on Sourceforge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/fastbootroms/files/OnePlus 8 Pro

BRANDED PHONE
    For now branded device are not supported

MANUAL FLASH: Windows - OSX - Linux

If you want to manual flash these roms these are the commands (You need the latest sdk platform tools, you can find it here

Is reccomended to format data or the rom cannot boot:
    Code:
    fastboot -w
    Others Commands to flash a fastboot rom
    Code:
    fastboot flash aop aop.img
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash dsp dsp.img
    fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
    fastboot flash LOGO LOGO.img
    fastboot flash modem modem.img
    fastboot flash oem_stanvbk oem_stanvbk.img
    fastboot flash qupfw qupfw.img
    fastboot flash storsec storsec.img
    fastboot flash multiimgoem multiimgoem.img
    fastboot flash uefisecapp uefisecapp.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
    fastboot flash opproduct opproduct.img
    fastboot reboot fastboot
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
    fastboot flash product product.img
    fastboot reboot

REMEMBER
    "Invalid sparce file format at header magic" is not an error, you need to wait a bit when you see that string, just wait.

If the device automatically reboot in Stock Recovery mode don't reboot it and wait the flash end.

These ROMs can't be used to update or downgrade your phone but just to restore your phone.

If the rom seems doesn't start go in recovery stock and follow this guideline: English -> Wipe data and cache -> Erase everything.

If you want to rebrand your phone from HydrogenOS to OxygenOS you can follow this guide: Rebrand Guide

If you want you can use also my tool to flash Factory Images, unlock bootloader, flash twrp or to understand if the device is recognized: https://toolaio.tk/

If you got some problems like write error or no partition, check this: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=76658555&postcount=34

DONATE LINK

If you want to support this and others my projects please consider making a donation, thanks.

I want to thank all those who supported me, in 2 days I have already managed to buy the OnePlus 8 Pro, I will receive it in about a week and then I will immediately get to work. I will remove the link of the Paypal moneybox and let it close by itself so as to keep it in the historical (it will close tomorrow). A big thank you to everyone.
    You can do this yourself.

Step 1: Download your official firmware
    Step 2: Extract payload.img
    Step 3: Use Payload dumper to dump payload.image
    Step 4: Copy dumped files to the root of the Fastboot rom directory
    Step 5: Flash :)
    i can decrypt data with pin on the chinese one.

Here is the tweet
    https://twitter.com/MishaalRahman/status/1252652170501132291

It says it P4 can mount the super partition which is the new dynamic partition. So they making good progress. Flashing probably dont work yet

As i told you privately the chinese TWRP is breaking TWRP gpl license and it has nothing to do with TWRP, it is wrong to even call it TWRP.
    However yes, super can be mounted, decryption is a working in progress, the .zip flash was never tried for now, maybe some months it will be ready
    This is awesome, my OP8P is not even here yet and development is moving forward nicely.
    Tx mauronofrio, donation sent!

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

As I understand this, this is for the European version so far and not the US version, correct?