• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM] [STOCK] KDZ V20L 6.0 H901 T - Mobile

Search This thread

sikander3786

Feb 21, 2012
Rawalpindi
www.tuxgarage.com
First of all, flashing this KDZ will re-lock the bootloader. It is important to know because if you want unlocked bootloader, you need to execute "fastboot oem unlock" which will wipe all user data.

Secondly, I am surprised to see that TWRP is no longer working after MM update:

Code:
O:\LG\H901>fastboot boot twrp-2.8.7.1-h901.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [  0.732s]
booting...
FAILED (remote: unknown command)
finished. total time: 0.749s

Same error if I try to flash TWRP as well. Did somebody successfully manage to root this version?

Edit: I've also tried with latest TWRP available from this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/tmobile-lg-v10/development/recovery-updated-twrp-v3-0-1-0-t3350825

Maybe we need a newer build of TWRP based on MM sources?

Last edited:

YrrchSebor

Aug 15, 2013
Los Angeles
First of all, flashing this KDZ will re-lock the bootloader. It is important to know because if you want unlocked bootloader, you need to execute "fastboot oem unlock" which will wipe all user data.

Code:
OKAY [  0.732s]
booting...

Same error if I try to flash TWRP as well. Did somebody successfully manage to root this version?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/tmobile-lg-v10/development/recovery-updated-twrp-v3-0-1-0-t3350825

i got that same error when trying to fastboot boot TWRP. however, i then realized that my bootloader had been relocked. i assume you re-unlocked yours tho. i have tons of Google Play music downloaded for offline listening, so i'm trying to see if i can back that up before unlocking.

edit: moving google music to sdcard, will unlock and give it a try later on

Last edited:

sikander3786

Feb 21, 2012
Rawalpindi
www.tuxgarage.com
i got that same error when trying to fastboot boot TWRP. however, i then realized that my bootloader had been relocked. i assume you re-unlocked yours tho. i have tons of Google Play music downloaded for offline listening, so i'm trying to see if i can back that up before unlocking.

Yes, I unlocked the bootloader again. As per siraltus' post in the thread linked below, we need a new MM compatible TWRP:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/tmo...recovery-updated-twrp-v3-0-1-0-t3350825/page2

Means no rooting for now.

Reactions: YrrchSebor

Eliminater74

Recognized Developer
Jan 25, 2014
Clearwater
lightningbolt.duckdns.org

Code:
OKAY [  0.732s]
booting...

Yes, I unlocked the bootloader again. As per siraltus' post in the thread linked below, we need a new MM compatible TWRP:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/tmo...recovery-updated-twrp-v3-0-1-0-t3350825/page2

Means no rooting for now.

BadNews: I hate to be the one to tell you all this, But LG locked some of the fastboot commands... It has nothing to do with TWRP..

you all gota understand that twrp has its own kernel regrdless of what rom you run............. So ROM and Recovery dont tie into eather other..
Nexus 7 did this same thing some time ago.. the fastboot commands are locked up.. LG did the same on the G3 when we figured out how to get around the download mode.........

anyhow, if you even use< fastboot continue >
you will get same error:

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot continue
resuming boot...
finished. total time: 0.018s

So now, we are all should I say, F----d Up............. I even use my G3 rooting knowledge to gain root... But that method failed tooo, and it uses the download mode come port way..
seems LG though of everything this time around........ But you can count on one thing,, WE WILL HAVE ROOT again.................

We have something the other devices dont have.,. We can unlock our bootloaders.. So, we just gota wait a bit.....................

sikander3786

Feb 21, 2012
Rawalpindi
www.tuxgarage.com
BadNews: I hate to be the one to tell you all this, But LG locked some of the fastboot commands... It has nothing to do with TWRP..

you all gota understand that twrp has its own kernel regrdless of what rom you run............. So ROM and Recovery dont tie into eather other..
Nexus 7 did this same thing some time ago.. the fastboot commands are locked up.. LG did the same on the G3 when we figured out how to get around the download mode.........

anyhow, if you even use< fastboot continue >
you will get same error:

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot continue
resuming boot...
finished. total time: 0.018s

So now, we are all should I say, F----d Up............. I even use my G3 rooting knowledge to gain root... But that method failed tooo, and it uses the download mode come port way..
seems LG though of everything this time around........ But you can count on one thing,, WE WILL HAVE ROOT again.................

We have something the other devices dont have.,. We can unlock our bootloaders.. So, we just gota wait a bit.....................

That's bad, real bad.

The first thing most of us will want to know here is if downgrade to 5.1.1 is safe? If yes, which build? I don't think we have many options there.

For rooting, can we try opening the LG Com port using the old 9% method? Maybe then we can try flashing a root injected system image? I am away from PC so can't try this right now. Won't be asking otherwise.

sikander3786

Feb 21, 2012
Rawalpindi
www.tuxgarage.com
Yep. Flashable zip is the way to go for now (if it somehow becomes available). I am not sure how to read system dump from a locked-down device and create a Flashable zip.

I will try downgrading to 5.1.1 in the morning.

Just wondering, why allow bootloader unlock if LG and T-Mobile want to lock down everything else?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thanks peepz, But I had to go another route. I was up all night working on this.............. LG shoved a wall in my face every turn I made...........

But in the end, I finally Defeated LG. I got a fully Updated V20E Stock MM With ROOT and TWRP............. Everything works.....................

I created 2 flashable zips in my other thread....... first part will update all your partitions to MM 20E,
    The Part 2 will flash Slightly modified system and boot. Slightly modified means, busybox and supersu and in boot, I changed the command line some.........

Anti Rollback Version is listed as v1 for me..... I think I have a way to fix that too.. but I havent tried it yet......................

But, as far as I see, everything works...... I hope ya all Appreciate that one...........
    NFO: I am going to try my best to explain this: The H901 20E Stock MM has an anti rollback qfuse pretty much........ Anyone trying to rollback a USA Variant will result in
    a brick that only a jtag can help you with............... Now let me explain this, MM requires a strict keystore and gatekeeper that ties into MAC and hardware.. Some of the signing is related directly
    to bootloader .. Now, when I ported the Korean F600L over to our Device which was pretty easy so to the fact the Korean Device is the same as ours hardware wise.........
    It didn't have anti rollback problems.. but it did have the keystore issue causing apps to FC.... As I have explained before.. we had to use the keystore from our LP stock ROM
    minus the gatekeeper since LP don't have gatekeeper. To stop the FC, which is did...... Then the fact that Europe uses PAL while US uses NTSC.. the video recording wouldn't work.
    which also means fingerprint wouldn't work since it tries to decode a PAL video on a NTSC device............. ( I have to switch out some blobs for that to work, I haven't tracked down
    the correct blob yet for video encoding) Anyhow, Flashing that imported rom, causes no issues, because there are not Qfuses or anything to cause it to brick your device....

Its pretty safe to say that any US 6.0 ROM you use, will have bad results in the long run......... I will not trust any US updated stock rom for the fact they will block us and take away what we are
    so used to having. If you so must have a MM stock rom the best bet is to try the Korean Port. I get my new Device tomorrow. When I get it.. Ill fix up more on that import..

I might just be able to take OUr normal stock. and hybrid it between F600L and the H901 MM rom.. so you will have the feel of our Official Stock MM Rom while knowing you have
    the security of not bricking your device............ Just give me a bit of time..........

I really didnt wanna get mixed up in all this. I rather stick to my Development stuff... But since alot of you are clueless as to what needs to be done, Ill do my best to give you what you want.
    Most of you dont know who I am, But some of you do. and the ones that do, know what I can do.. But as I said, just bare with us for a bit........
    FYI: Updated News: I talked to @autoprime on IRC, and asked about the root issue and what happened to us.. They have root on the G5 which if you think about it.. Same issue as us..
    They dont have ETA yet.. so dont ask.. but hes 99% sure that when the root project is released it will work for us too...

Video of G5 with TWRP/ROOT

So hang in there peepz, Yea I admit I went on irc and asked him my self..
    and he is reading though the v10 threads so hes up to par on whats going on.. so just bare with them all.....

I just wanted to give you this nfo, so you all can have some hopes.. Autoprime and his team get stuff done Regardless... I can assure you of that.

PS: Dont msg Autoprime with ETA, plz dont.. or you will get nothing from them.. so plz dont.... He doesnt need alot of msgs from us..
    Ever heard the term, LK, NFO: LK = Little Kernel AKA, Bootloader,

Some peepz wondered about the fastboot commands and how could they be left out and all..... I dont blame T-Mobile for this, Im pretty sure this is a LG thing.........
    I have my reasons to believe its LG, and I have my reasons to believe T-Mo signed off on it because they got tired of going head 2 toe with LG.. Which explains why
    our Official ROM was late..... Anyhow:
    Maybe this will help you understand some:

• Fastbootcommands are currently disabled by default on user/production builds due to security considerations.
      File: Top level makefile
      Code:
      ifeq($(TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT),user)
      CFLAGS += -DDISABLE_FASTBOOT_CMDS=1
      endif
    • To selectively enable any fastbootcommand on user/production build, add the command as shown below:
      File: bootable/bootloader/lk/app/aboot/aboot.c
      Function: void aboot_fastboot_register_commands(void)
      Code:
      structfastboot_cmd_desccmd_list[] = {
      /* By default the enabled list is empty. */
      {““, NULL},
      /* move commands enclosed within the below ifndefto here
      * if they need to be enabled in user build.
      */
      #ifndefDISABLE_FASTBOOT_CMDS
      /* Register the following commands only for non-user builds */
      {“flash:”, cmd_flash},
      {“erase:”, cmd_erase},
      {“boot”, cmd_boot},
      {“continue”, cmd_continue},
      {“reboot”, cmd_reboot},
      {“reboot-bootloader”, cmd_reboot_bootloader},
      {“oemunlock”, cmd_oem_unlock},
      {“oemlock”, cmd_oem_lock},
      {“oemverified”, cmd_oem_verified},
      {“oemdevice-info”, cmd_oem_devinfo},
      {“oemenable-charger-screen”, cmd_oem_enable_charger_screen},
      {“oemdisable-charger-screen”, cmd_oem_disable_charger_screen},
      {“oem-select-display-panel”, cmd_oem_select_display_panel},
      #endif
      };
    • Left Empty

Now maybe you all understand how it could of happened ..
    Again, I blame LG not T-Mo...............