[ROM] Stock OH3 (Rooted/Deknoxed/Deodexed) [10-08-15]

Search This thread

ColeTrain!

Nov 12, 2011
St. Louis, MO. Go Cardinals!!
Wow. You're still running the KitKat ROM. Did you know CyanogenMod and mokee have marshmallow Roms for it? Anyway, you probably have to turn off automatic updates somewhere
I guess I should try cyanogen again. I can't remember what exactly but I think 5.5 just didn't work. Kept hanging. Maybe the next step works better. Is there a modern update somewhere?

Gonorm

Feb 24, 2017
I guess I should try cyanogen again. I can't remember what exactly but I think 5.5 just didn't work. Kept hanging. Maybe the next step works better. Is there a modern update somewhere?

I like mokee 6.0.1 plus Amplify and Greenify to improve battery life. But when I recently moved to Ting, I couldn't get 4G data to work (mucho hours trying). https://download.mokeedev.com/?device=l900&type=release
If someone knows how to resolve the data please share. Does Ting block custom roms?

Bobbaloo

Jul 7, 2016
New York
I like mokee 6.0.1 plus Amplify and Greenify to improve battery life. But when I recently moved to Ting, I couldn't get 4G data to work (mucho hours trying). https://download.mokeedev.com/?device=l900&type=release
If someone knows how to resolve the data please share. Does Ting block custom roms?
Well, THAT's how I ended up on this ROM to begin with. CM and Mok were having issues with the radio/data settings. I got into the habit of backing up and restoring it on the note2. If you can't get it to work you can probably always go back to this ROM. For sprint it was the TouchWiz dial pad that was needed to enter codes

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

Maybe you can look around and/or ask here. People like if you read first. Here, have a look:
https://xdaforums.com/nexus-6p/general/nexus-6p-radio-bootloader-recovery-t3433637

spotty357

Nov 2, 2012
5Jan2017 Update

[QUOTE=jsnzns;
If Samsung and Sprint releases another patch, I'll update this package to reflect the changes.

Any way you would be able to incorporate this update from Jan 2017?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-10-09-09-58-37.png
    Screenshot_2017-10-09-09-58-37.png
    196.2 KB · Views: 50

spotty357

Nov 2, 2012
No ASOP runs correctly on this device

I have had issues with every ASOP rom I have installed on my device. Especially with the camera freezing up. The stock modified Roms run flawlessly, Why would I use a rom that causes me headaches? That being said, Mokee is probably the best ASOP rom, it is almost flawless except for the camera issues. Still, why mess with less than the best. Stock rom with exposed, wanam, app settings, etc. can't be beat. Unless the camera issue is specific to my phone because of some hardware issue? Even so, I think stock has more features and better functionality .

ColeTrain!

Nov 12, 2011
St. Louis, MO. Go Cardinals!!
I have had issues with every ASOP rom I have installed on my device. Especially with the camera freezing up. The stock modified Roms run flawlessly, Why would I use a rom that causes me headaches? That being said, Mokee is probably the best ASOP rom, it is almost flawless except for the camera issues. Still, why mess with less than the best. Stock rom with exposed, wanam, app settings, etc. can't be beat. Unless the camera issue is specific to my phone because of some hardware issue? Even so, I think stock has more features and better functionality .
As long as your happy. Stock wasn't working. Mokee was better. For me

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

spotty357

Nov 2, 2012
OH3 to QA1 05 JAN Update installed using Flashfire

Hi, I installed the QA1 update which was pushed in Jan using Flashfire. I was running
(sph-l900_stock_oh3_rooted_deknoxed_deodexed_100815.zip) (this thread) with extra toggles. I downloaded Flashfire from the Play Store. I downloaded the QA1 update (SPR-L900VPSCQA1-20170209155633.zip) from (https://samsung-firmware.org/download/Galaxy__Note__II__/qd6O/SPR/L900VPSCQA1/L900SPTCQA1/) extracted the .tar file (L900VPSCQA1_L900SPTCQA1_L900VPSCQA1_HOME.tar.md5), and put in on my external sd. I started Flashfire. I cancelled the offer to install the QA1 update. I chose "Flash Firmware Package". I navigated to (L900VPSCQA1_L900SPTCQA1_L900VPSCQA1_HOME.tar.md5) on my ext. sd card. I chose it and Flashfire opened and verified the md5 hashes. I removed checkmarks from "Boot" and 'Recovery" but left the checkmarks on "System", "Cache", "Preload", and "Modem Firmware". I hit the checkmark top right corner, then "Flash", and let Flashfire do its thing. After that my phone rebooted, "Android is updating", and I was back to my same phone and setup. Strangely, most user programs were intact but a few were missing. I lost root, so I rebooted to download mode and flashed (CF-Auto-Root-t0ltespr-t0ltespr-sphl900.tar.md5) using Odin. After Odin did its thing, I pulled the battery and then just put it back in and let the phone start normally. The Auto-root process flashed some text on the screen and then the phone rebooted, with root. Then I started getting these weird notifications about an unauthorized activity. I looked and it was Knox. So I used Titanium backup and root to uninstall most of the system apps that started with "knox". I also uninstalled all the useless Samsung apps and Google apps that I never use anyway. (I had them deleted before but they reappeared when I flashed QA1). I rebooted just to make sure the phone wasn't bricked, but everything is working fine. That is what I experienced. I have included a few screenshots. Recovery was reset to stock so I flashed (twrp-2.8.7.0-l900.img.tar) using Odin and when I did that, I lost cell service. So I went back to Flashfire, reloaded the QA1 update, and unchecked everything but Modem Firmware. Flashed the modem which brought back my phone service, but lost custom recovery again. Anyone know how to prevent the loss of custom recovery and/or phone service? I can live without a permanent custom recovery, but it would be nice to have both phone service and custom recovery... Just found out my wi-fi and Hotspot are broke.. back to the drawing board...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-11-10-10-48-13.png
    Screenshot_2017-11-10-10-48-13.png
    216.4 KB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot_2017-11-10-10-50-23.png
    Screenshot_2017-11-10-10-50-23.png
    152.3 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_2017-11-10-10-50-34.png
    Screenshot_2017-11-10-10-50-34.png
    133.8 KB · Views: 63
  • Screenshot_2017-11-10-10-52-48.png
    Screenshot_2017-11-10-10-52-48.png
    129.9 KB · Views: 63
  • Screenshot_2017-11-10-10-53-19.png
    Screenshot_2017-11-10-10-53-19.png
    134.3 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot_2017-11-10-19-40-55.png
    Screenshot_2017-11-10-19-40-55.png
    126.4 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_2017-11-10-19-41-14.png
    Screenshot_2017-11-10-19-41-14.png
    136 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot_2017-11-10-19-41-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-11-10-19-41-32.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Bobbaloo

Jul 7, 2016
New York
Yes, this is my everyday all day mobile phone. No more overpaying for new phones and playing the games of Sprint. This phone still meets all of my needs.
Very nice and No! Overpaying is a not a good idea. The reason companies charge so much is bc people are willing to pay. But I'll tell you, the best thing I did was get off sprint!

GalDemSuga

Dec 9, 2008
Very nice and No! Overpaying is a not a good idea. The reason companies charge so much is bc people are willing to pay. But I'll tell you, the best thing I did was get off sprint!

I'm getting great value from them for what I pay. Myself and two teens who use a lot of data, all unlimited for under $150/month. It's the overpriced cameras or phones as we use to call them that I'm not dealing with..

Bobbaloo

Jul 7, 2016
New York
I'm getting great value from them for what I pay. Myself and two teens who use a lot of data, all unlimited for under $150/month. It's the overpriced cameras or phones as we use to call them that I'm not dealing with..
The growing fan is the only reason I stayed with them almost 20 yrs. Eventually though, I learned I could do much better. Faster transfer rates, more reliable connection and better compatability with Roms that I flash. Not to mention that whole CDMA thing. Hey, I'm glad REALLY glad to hear that you are still running the note 2. I hope you have at least one extra battery.

coldspring22

Oct 4, 2015
I'm back to my Note 2 in 2020! This ROM works great. :good:
Good to know someone out there is still using venerable Note 2! Yes I am also using Note 2 on sprint. Note 2 is still very good phone and I have been using it for 7 years. I have been using Note 2 on verizon but verizon will no longer allow non-volte devices on their network so my verizon note 2 became spare parts. I believe Note 2 for AT&T and tmobile is also scrap parts now that they are forcing off non-volte devices off their network. Only sprint remain. I tried rooted stock NE2 rom, but I couldn' make wifi tethering work, so instead flashed cm13 and it works pretty well. But the downside is lost S-pen functionality. Perhaps OH3 rom will work better for wifi tethering? Newest rom available for sph-l900 seem to be only cm13 Marshmallow. It should be possible to port nougat, oreo or pi given that lineageOS has version available for international version of Note 2.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello! This is my first contribution to the community and thought some might find it useful.

Here's my Stock OH3 ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note II SPH-L900. You'll find a list of changes that I've made in the differences section of this post. If anything minor changes, they will be listed on posts #2, #3 and #4.

Description:

OH3 is referred to as the Stagefright update. When it was released on August 31, 2015, all known issues at the time were patched.

Since then three more vulnerabilities were discovered. As of October 8, 2015, CVE-2015-6602 and possibly CVE-2015-3875 remain unpatched.

If Samsung and Sprint releases another patch, I'll update this package to reflect the changes.

Information:

Software version: L900VPUCOH3
    Android version: 4.4.2
    Kernel version: 3.0.31-3084104 dpi@SWHD8903 #1 Mon Aug 24 17:13:18 KST 2015
    Build number: KOT49H.L900VPUCOH3

Differences:

Root access via SuperSU v2.46.
    Removed KNOX.
    Completely deodexed.
    BusyBox added.
    Enabled write permissions for external SD Card.

Hotspot / Tethering:

Download and install Xposed framework.
    Download and install Wanam Xposed.
    Open Wanam Xposed and under System, select disable tethering provisioning.
    Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth & USB Tethering will now be enabled.

OH3 Modem:

I have attached the OH3 modem to this post just in case you need it. Unzip the file and flash it with Mobile Odin.

If you don't have the pro version of Mobile Odin, you can find a lite version at the thread below.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1347899

Extra Toggles:

Want an extra row of quick toggles such as the ones listed below?

Mobile Data, Airplane Mode, Wi-Fi Hotspot, S Beam, NFC.

Download the extra toggles file located in the files section of this post to your external SD Card. Once you finish installing the ROM and completed the initial setup, boot into recovery and flash the file.

Issues:

None.

Instructions:

*** BACKUP YOUR CURRENT ROM & INTERNAL SDCARD TO THE EXTERNAL SD CARD BEFORE PROCEEDING. ***

1. Place the ROM on your external SD Card.
    2. Boot into Philz Touch Recovery 6.07.9.
    3. Select: Wipe Data/Factory Reset & Clean to Install a New ROM.
    4. Select: Mounts and Storage & format /data and /data/media (/sdcard).
    5. Select: Install Zip & Choose zip from /storage/sdcard1.
    6. Pick the ROM to flash from external SD Card and wait until the process is finished.
    7. Reboot and enjoy!

Files:

Stock OH3 (Rooted/Deknoxed/Deodexed) [10-08-15]: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347832689
    Philz Touch Recovery 6.07.9: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347832997
    OH3 Modem: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347833013
    Extra Toggles: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347846974

:)
    WiFi Fix (PRE NE2 ONLY)

This fix is only devices that didn't ship with NE2 or never flashed a Stock NE2 Odin package.

Instructions:

1. Load the attached file in the PDA / AP slot in Odin on your PC.
    2. Start the flashing process.
    3. WiFi should be operation now.

File:

WiFi Fix (PRE NE2 ONLY): https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347841079

Installed this on my wife's new Note 2 inherited from her son. No issues. Nicely done and thanks.
    Keyboard Update for Stock OH3

This update for the predictive text double space bug that's present in the keyboard that shipped with OH3.

Instructions:

1. Place the update on your external sdcard.
    2. Boot into Philz Touch Recovery 6.07.9.
    3. Select: Install Zip & Choose zip from /storage/sdcard1.
    4. Pick the update to flash from external sdcard and wait until the process is finished.
    5. Reboot and enjoy!

File:

Keyboard Update for Stock OH3: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347842574

EOL

Unfortunately, I won't be able to provide any further updates. My device completely died due to motherboard failure on the morning of Wednesday, November 16, 2016.

Thanks to all who found this ROM useful for their devices!

Note II R.I.P. (2012 - 2016)