• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][STOCK][PIE]Nokia TA-1060 Stock Firmware

Search This thread

sooti

Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2012
I was finally sucsesful in extracting the Nokia TA-1060 firmware (PIE), please use ONLY TA-1060! I am not responsible for any damage that may occur due to not following instructions.

Steps:
1. Download MTK flash tool
2. Extract and open it
3. Under download tab, select the scatter file in the firmware zip (extract the firmware zip somewhere)
4. DO NOT change download only to anything else (you will lose your IMEI + serial number if you do this!!), use only 'download only' (its default)
5. Turn off and unplug Nokia TA-1060
6. Click on 'Download' Button in the SP flasher
7. Plug the usb into the Nokia TA-1060
8. Wait while it flashes, do not disconnect until you get the message that flashing is complete!
9. Once you get the message, unplug the device, remove battery, put back in and turn on
10. You will get an error that decryption failed, click on 'reset phone', the phone will restart, format userdata and reboot again, after a few minutes it will boot up

Notes: if you unlocked before it will remain unlocked, if you want to lock the bootloader, just go to fastboot and enter 'fastboot oem lock'

Enjoy!

Download:
Link

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][STOCK][PIE]Nokia TA-1060 Stock Firmware, ROM for the Nokia 1

Contributors
sooti
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x

Version Information

Created 2019-07-11
Last Updated 2019-07-11

Rokia

Nov 2, 2019
I was finally sucsesful in extracting the Nokia TA-1060 firmware (PIE), please use ONLY TA-1060! I am not responsible for any damage that may occur due to not following instructions.

Hi @sooti,

Many thanks for this, it worked a treat!

Have been messing around with this phone for over a week, trying to root it and failing miserably. I thought I'd done a full back-up, but I realised I'd used the recovery.bin that killed the carrier info. (Only noticed when I put my spare sim in). But this ROM saved the day and now I'm back to square one at least. Thanks.

Just a few extra words on the proccess for anyone else passing by:
A search for MTK Flash Tools will get you to many places with MTK Droid Tools. You'll need to find MTK SP Flash Tools (SmartPhone FlashTools).
On the final step when phone restarts you have to enter a password...
I put in 1234 - I've read somewhere on here you can put in anything.

Hope it's ok to add these notes and Thank you again for the resource.

R

Rokia

Nov 2, 2019
I was finally sucsesful in extracting the Nokia TA-1060 firmware (PIE), please use ONLY TA-1060!

Hi @sooti ,

I'm trying to take a snapshot of where I've got to before further meddling and stuff.

My question is: How did you extract the ROM image and have you worked out how to restore the phone to a certain point in time? For example I can clone my HDD on Windows, Linux & Os X - and clone it back if I mess it up - but I can't see or find a way to do it on the phone...

Any help or insight would be gratefully received.

Thanks,

R

sooti

Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2012
I was finally sucsesful in extracting the Nokia TA-1060 firmware (PIE), please use ONLY TA-1060!

Hi @sooti ,

I'm trying to take a snapshot of where I've got to before further meddling and stuff.

My question is: How did you extract the ROM image and have you worked out how to restore the phone to a certain point in time? For example I can clone my HDD on Windows, Linux & Os X - and clone it back if I mess it up - but I can't see or find a way to do it on the phone...

Any help or insight would be gratefully received.

Thanks,

R
I used mtk tools
But on Linux you can use DD to backup the drive to an image , keep in mind it'll be huge

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Steps:
    1. Download MTK flash tool
    2. Extract and open it
    3. Under download tab, select the scatter file in the firmware zip (extract the firmware zip somewhere)
    4. DO NOT change download only to anything else (you will lose your IMEI + serial number if you do this!!), use only 'download only' (its default)
    5. Turn off and unplug Nokia TA-1060
    6. Click on 'Download' Button in the SP flasher
    7. Plug the usb into the Nokia TA-1060
    8. Wait while it flashes, do not disconnect until you get the message that flashing is complete!
    9. Once you get the message, unplug the device, remove battery, put back in and turn on
    10. You will get an error that decryption failed, click on 'reset phone', the phone will restart, format userdata and reboot again, after a few minutes it will boot up

Notes: if you unlocked before it will remain unlocked, if you want to lock the bootloader, just go to fastboot and enter 'fastboot oem lock'

Enjoy!

Download:
    Link

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][STOCK][PIE]Nokia TA-1060 Stock Firmware, ROM for the Nokia 1

Contributors
    sooti
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x

Version Information

Created 2019-07-11
    Last Updated 2019-07-11