[ROM][STOCK][Silent OS 3.0.14] Blackphone 2 (BP2) + ROOT

Search This thread

Conan the Barbar

May 26, 2017
Hi all, thanks for this post, very useful! Just got my phone blocked by SC and as the IMEI was not registered they refused to unlock it.

I dit re-install the 3.09 then 3.10 and 3.011
Now everything works fine, even a SC subscription

Just a question: the phone now had a message in the Home space security center "no valid licence, Silent OS disabled". Plus the About the phone shows "requires Silent Circle licence"
But everything else works. Should I do anything or this will not affect the phone?

Thanks for help. Cheers!

tsufuri

Jun 4, 2017
SD card encyption

Hello,
I made a mistake at the update to 3.0.11 and put my device to factory settings :(
Update worked fins, but now my BP2 is asking me to format the SD (I had SD encryted before).
Is there a way the make my BP2 recognize SD angain without erasing all data on it?
I hope someone can help me, because its the same BP2 and SD - shouldn´t be the encryption key be safed ther somwhere?

thank you!

Vuche

Update to 3.0.12 not working for me... Gives me an error about the build. Mine is MOB31T and it should be MOB31S to apply this update.

Any idea if I can do anything about this problem?

I always updated till 3.0.11 using the files provided here. Thanks for any help and the good work

Edit: Real error when updating from recovery:

Package expects build fingerprint of SGP/BP2/BP2:6.0.1/MOB31T/25:user/realease-keys or SGP/BP2/BP2:6.0.1/MOB31T/bp<-sync05291030:user/realease-keys; this device has SGP/BP2/BP2:6.0.1/MOB31S/14:user/realease-keys.
E:Error in /sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)

Edit 2: OK, I managed to update this way, and I guess it's probably due to the fact that the stock recovery from 3.0.10 is not the same as the 3.0.11 one (I had TWRP installed), so update 3.0.12 thinks I'm on 3.0.10:

1) re-installed 3.0.11 row from the stock 3.0.10 recovery found here on the first post. Then tried to update to 3.0.12 again with the small update found a few posts back -> still giving an error at the end but went a little bit further.

2) wiped full data, dalvik and cache from the stock 3.0.11 recovery (reset device) and then reflashed the small 3.0.12 update. And tadaa, it worked!

Thanks again for all the files found here and everyone who's helping!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts