• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][STOCK][Silent OS 3.0.14] Blackphone 2 (BP2) + ROOT

Search This thread

matvey123

Sep 23, 2013
baltimore
09/13/2017 i got the update Silent OS 3.0.15 on my phone.
Hi. Is anyone able to help me here? I have a (grey) bp2 that I bricked with the update a while ago then I installed one of the roms and the phone is running silent os 3.0.9 and a update is available on the phone for 3.0.15. is it safe to download or will it brick the phone again? Or how can I get the update? Tia.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

vendoelpiso

Dec 9, 2007
Hi. Is anyone able to help me here? I have a (grey) bp2 that I bricked with the update a while ago then I installed one of the roms and the phone is running silent os 3.0.9 and a update is available on the phone for 3.0.15. is it safe to download or will it brick the phone again? Or how can I get the update? Tia.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Go to first page, and you will find download links for 3.0.14 full ROM.

Update from bootloader.

Thats all.

Reactions: matvey123

Pacocazzo

Mar 10, 2017
ok thanks.
for twrp? can i use fastboot command like other phones for flash it?

look this.

https://twrp.me/devices/silentcircleblackphone2.html

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Androidblue / Pacocazzo

Can you post new update please?

Thank you in advance.

Try with this apk.

https://mega.nz/#!9OInxbpJ!jflvp7K2tpQ22PAoCG5lAQhKWiRfErQPqgWF_S6Av-k

I don´t know if it works ok. with twrp works fine.

Feebles

Aug 1, 2012
Savigny sur braye
Hello.
Has anyone tried the official 3.0.15 update? Brick the phone?
Thank you in advance

Hello aux62,

Yes, the official upgrade 3.0.15 from silent circle brick your phone, if it's a non-official BP2.
Silent Circle send the same file 646mb for all update on non official BP2.

Use only the rom/update post in this thread.

For me, I have a non-offical BP2, no root, no twrp update, and I wait patiently the new update.zip to upgrade for the 3.0.15 ;)

Thanks for all people who share this update ;)

aux62

Jan 27, 2017
Hello people,
Silent Circle proposes the official update to version 3.0.16.
Can someone post this update for unofficial BP2 ?
Thank you so much in advance.

Reactions: Feebles

esu23

Oct 8, 2017
I blocked the phone with the famous update of silent os. I am now in version 3.0.7 running completely fine but I have a question.
In the section of Regulatory Information tells me that I am in BP2H001AM1 but my phone has recorded behind BP2H001RW1. Does this happen to anyone else? I find it very strange.
The version 3.0.7 that I installed is AM and in the forum I see that you only upload RW versions.
My question is if installing an RW version might work on my phone so I can have it updated.
Thanks a lot.

Conan the Barbar

May 26, 2017
Version 3.13 removed?

Hi guys, tried to get the version 3,13 but both links from this forum don't work anymore.
Any chance to re-post the update again? would be great!
I have the 3.12 and got downloaded the 3.14.

Thanks for help!
Cheers

opidum

Nov 17, 2017
Madrid
Hi, I'm new at this and I have not a lot of knowledge to root the blackphone2 I have, I have unlocked the bootloader and I have the recovery TWRP installed and more I try to install the different zip of different versions, just gives me errors and sale: This package is for "BP2" devices; This is a "bp2". Since not do more or do as my knowledge is pretty basic. If you can help me to get update the phone I thank you. I'm sorry but I do not know English and I use the translator.

Last edited:
Reactions: drtiendiep

cmegmhi

Apr 22, 2014
Boot issues

I have successfully flashed the 3.0.07 rom to my blackphone 2 using adb sideload, through fastboot and through stock recovery. But when the phone boots it never ends however, sometimes it gives a message that decryption failed, the data reset required which it does and still no end of the boot process. It is to mentioned that my phone has no OS installed and it is clean. I also used TWRP for blackphone 2 as recovery. I was not able to install any rom having .zip extensions, always give error 7 or 4. however, i was able to install OS as the .img file but the same thing happens as mentioned above. One strange thing I noticed. The data partition cannot be mounted unless I format it to fat file system then to ext4. Even then when I try to reboot I get the same non ending boot process. Please help and thanks in advance

Top Liked Posts