for Lenovo Tab2 A7-10F
(MT8127 only)

Disclaimer
Code:
#include
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
* or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
* Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this
* roms before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
* Always backup your device before flashing any rom/recovery/whatever
*/

Introduction
Unofficial package, made using official v54 stock rom + v57 OTA package

Installation instructions
Install MTK USB Drivers (windows xp/vista/7 - Windows 8/8.1/10 - other windows 10) and flash using SP Flash Tool (howto)

Important notes :
  • Always prefer a clean install than an upgrade/dirty install.
    If you have any problem when dirty installing/upgrading, do a clean install and see if problem persists
  • In SP Flash Tool, always use "Download Only" mode when not explicitly asked to do otherwise (you could lose your IMEI/WIFI/BT) or if you don't know what you are doing.
  • Please do NOT ask about any problem with USB drivers or SP Flash Tool here in this thread, this is not the right place for it as these problems are not related to THIS particular ROM but to YOUR computer setup. There are other threads and/or sites about such problems.

Changelog
v57 (official update but unofficial package)
  • enabled multiuser support
  • Android Security Level 2016-01-01
  • you tell me if you see differences or find an official changelog :)

v54

Downloads

Contributors
pix106

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2017
Delhi
url]

Stock Lollipop 5.0 ROMS for Lenovo Tab2 A7-10F (MT8127)

Disclaimer
Code:
#include 
/*
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this
 */

Introduction
Only for Tab2 A7-10 MT8127 variant

Install MTK USB Drivers (windows xp/vista/7 - Windows 8/8.1/10 - other windows 10) and flash using SP Flash Tool (howto)

Important notes :
    If you have any problem when dirty installing/upgrading, do a clean install and see if problem persists
  • In SP Flash Tool, always use "Download Only" mode when not explicitly asked to do otherwise (you could lose your IMEI/WIFI/BT) or if you don't know what you are doing.
  • Please do NOT ask about any problem with USB drivers or SP Flash Tool here in this thread, this is not the right place for it as these problems are not related to THIS particular ROM but to YOUR computer setup. There are other threads and/or sites about such problems.

Changelog

v54

Downloads
Downloads tab above the thread

XDA:DevDB Information
Stock Lollipop 5.0 ROMS for Tab2 A7-10F MT8127, ROM for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
pix106
ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop

Version Information
Current Stable Version: v57
Stable Release Date: 2016-07-14

Created 2016-07-14
Last Updated 2017-08-02

I am not able to flash the rom using SP Flash tool
so i tried using TWRP recovery
but when i flashed it says invalid zip format
also before flashing i did factory reset so i cant boot to system now
please help

i even tried debloated rom but same error was shown

please help

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2017
Delhi
I am not able to flash this using SP Flash Tool so I was trying to flash with fastboot.
But I get error when I flash userdata.img:
Code:
Sending 'data' (52200 KB)                          OKAY [  1.764s]
Writing 'data'                                     FAILED (remote: 'partition table doesn't exist')
fastboot: error: Command failed
[CODE[

ClaudiuBlack

Feb 22, 2021
I installed this ROM- T2-A7-10F_S54_150801_ROW and it works.Follow these steps:
-install the USB drivers for your PC-Windows. You can find instructions here: https://xdaforums.com/t/recovery-twrp-3-x-for-lenovo-tab2-a7-10f-mt8127.3405991/ and here https://tehnotone.com/windows-10-mtk-vcom-usb-drivers-for-32-64-bit-drivers-installation-tutorial/ Important: You need to connect the tablet to a USB port that belongs to the PC's motherboard . Do not connect the tablet to the USB port that is on the PC case because it will not recognize tablet and you will not be able to install ROM.
-download T2-A7-10F_S54_150801_ROW and unzip. There you will find SP Flash Tool and the files needed for ROM installation.
- you find the scatter file "MT8127_Android_scatter" in the "target_bin" folder.
-you find instructions for using SP Flash here: https://androidmtk.com/flash-stock-rom-using-smart-phone-flash-tool
- if you receive this message " PMT changed for the ROM it must be downloaded " in SP FlashTool, you find here a solution that worked for me too:
- before installing this ROM I installed TWRP and made a backup.

Last edited:

pix106

Oct 16, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Plus
please edit your post and remove the link to the stock rom : you're posting some other link to the stock rom... in the stock rom thread.

And as clearly stated in first post, SP Flash Tool and USB issues are NOT to be discussed here : this has nothing to do with THIS rom but to the user computer setup.

Thanks.

Jorjjj

Jul 14, 2015
Bucharest
anyone knowing why "auto rotate" function keeps switching to "Portrait" after reboot ? and how can I fix this ? everything set up in accessibility menu but after reboot the rotate function resets to factory mode: Portrait. I need this as I use this device in my car as a head unit and I need it to always be landscape.
Also I tried using Macrodroid but I don't know how to proper set it, I did something there but the switch to landscape happens after a minute or so.
I have my device rooted with Magisk flash boot.
Thanks/

ClaudiuBlack

Feb 22, 2021
Install nova launcher(search other old apk version if the last dont work) and you can lock landscape or portrait in settings.

Reactions: Jorjjj

pix106

Oct 16, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Plus
anyone knowing why "auto rotate" function keeps switching to "Portrait" after reboot ? and how can I fix this ? everything set up in accessibility menu but after reboot the rotate function resets to factory mode: Portrait. I need this as I use this device in my car as a head unit and I need it to always be landscape.
Also I tried using Macrodroid but I don't know how to proper set it, I did something there but the switch to landscape happens after a minute or so.
Thanks/

did you try to rotate the screen landscape, and then disable auto rotate ?
Here it seems to be ok after reboot too.

IMHO you should try the debloated stock rom, if you don't need all the preinstalled stuff.
Or flash some of the debloat scripts i just uploaded (see first post), according to your needs.

Install nova launcher(search other old apk version if the last dont work) and you can lock landscape or portrait in settings.

This is a good advice too :)

Reactions: Jorjjj

Jorjjj

Jul 14, 2015
Bucharest

IMHO you should try the debloated stock rom, if you don't need all the preinstalled stuff.
Or flash some of the debloat scripts i just uploaded (see first post), according to your needs.

i can't use nova launcher because i'm already using one launcher for head unit simulation and I want to keep it. And every time I ve tried to flash the debloated rom my tab gone bricked.
No matter what settings I use for auto rotation it doesnt work. If I set it landscape disable auto rotate it reboots into portrait. Now the only options that seems to work is macrodroid, but works kinda slow.. with delay.. sometimes faster than before or slower.

shamyjun22

Oct 7, 2021
Hi All,
I followed this thread to flash my Lenovo tab 2 A7-10f . I did install the MTK USB driver, downloaded the official stock file provided in this thread and used the SP Flashtool included in the stock file. After clicking download and plugging my tab, i got this error:

Screenshot 2021-10-07 092926.png

I looked into its specification, it has 8GB and 16GB storage variation, is there stock file specific to these storage? Hopefully i would get help. Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1609312767195.png

Stock Lollipop 5.0 ROMS
    for Lenovo Tab2 A7-10F
    (MT8127 only)

Disclaimer
    Code:
    #include
    /*
    */

Introduction

Important notes :

Changelog
    • enabled multiuser support
    • Android Security Level 2016-01-01
    • you tell me if you see differences or find an official changelog :)

v54

Downloads

Contributors
    pix106
    It is full of useless bloatware though.
    ... These are the official Stock ROMs...

You'll find a debloated Stock ROM here
    And some other infos on our device tag
    Thanks/