Search This thread

ricsim78

Sep 7, 2010
Chicago Heights, IL
Updated: 12/20/2010 7:07 PM

**New** 3.70.651.1 OTA version of Stock Turbo available

STOCK TURBO
**Download now!**

Looking for a stock ROM with the same enhancements found in my Azrael ROM? Look no further.

Who this ROM is for For those who want a completely stock ROM but with some very nice enhancements added. This ROM is good for those who wish to theme the ROM themselves or for those who just want a stock looking ROM. In layman's terms, this is a stock ROM with enhancements under the hood. This is a Sense ROM, exactly what the EVO comes with. This is also for those who do not wish to run a custom ROM yet want the added enhancements.

This would also make a great base for your own custom ROM. Just please give me credit for my time if you plan on posting it (always give credit where it is due).

I have little easter eggs added, you use this...I will know it is mine :)

The ROM:
-Made with DSIXDA's newest ROM Kitchen 1.10
-3.29 version: 3.29.651.5 OTA, HTC Kernel #11
-3.30 version: 3.30.651.3 OTA, HTC Kernel #17
-3.70 version: 3.70.651.1 OTA, HTC Kernel #15

Here is the list of enhancements added:
-Everything working
-VERY FAST and smooth (called Turbo for a reason!)
-Dalvik moved to cache instead of eating up main memory
-403+ MB free after a clean install
-PNGOUT optimized Framework and some system apps
-PNGOUT optimized stock wallpapers
-Data/App functionality
-Added Nano text editor, SYSRO, and SYSRW
-Automatically Zipaligns all apps after each boot to help them load up faster
-SNQ 4 in 1 Reboot MOD
-Calkulin's MMS 5MB limit tweak
-Calkulin's MMS Compression MOD
-BASH shell support
-All apps updated to latest
-tun.ko added to system/lib/modules (for OpenVPN)
-EPST downgraded so all ## codes work
-No added apps
-No apps taken out

Everything else is stock (wallpapers, ringtones, boot animation, etc.)

Note: If you want to disable the startup sound, please flash the Startup sound killer attached to this post.

There is three different versions, the newest version, Stock Turbo 3.70, is designed for all Evos regardless of hardware. The two older versions. 3.29 version is best for EVO's with the Hardware 0001, 0002, 0003. 3.30 is best for 0004 or 0003 with the new camera chip.

Note: the 3.70.651.1 OTA used in Stock Turbo 3.70 uses totally different frameworks. If you attempt to use a theme or some MODS, your phone can bootloop. Older MODS/Themes need to be ported to the new 3.70 OTA before they will work.

Get it here!

Stock Turbo 3.70 *New* for all hardware, recommended!

Stock Turbo 3.29 for hardware versions 0001, 0002, 0003 (old camera chip)

Stock Turbo 3.30 for hardware versions 0004, and some 0003 (new camera chip)

Attachments

• Startup_Sound_remover_flash_me-signed.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 428
Last edited:

ricsim78

Sep 7, 2010
Chicago Heights, IL
FAQ

FAQ

NOTE: Use Amon RA 1.80 recovery to flash this ROM. Use Clockwork or ROM Manager at your own risk! Clockwork does not properly wipe the Dalvik and cannot flash things that Amon RA can. This assumes you are using Amon Ra. Make sure you are also using Amon RA 1.80, not an older version!

How to install the ROM?
1. Shut your phone off by holding the power button.
2. Hold down the volume down key while turning the phone on to get to HBOOT.
3. Press volume down and go to "Recovery" by pressing power on it.
4 In Amon Ra, you will see a wipe menu. Enter it.
5. Wipe data, cache, Dalvik, and SD:EXT. Then wipe all 4 again to be safe.
6. Select "Flash zip from sdcard" in Amon RA.
7. Highlight the ROM and hit enter and then enter again when it asks you if you want to install the ROM.
8. After it says "Installation complete", reboot.
9. The first bootup will take a long time, please be patient.
10. If all goes well, enjoy!

Last edited:

jm5503

Sep 30, 2009
What's the difference between this and Azrael X 2.0???

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

ricsim78

Sep 7, 2010
Chicago Heights, IL
Stock Turbo 3.29 for Hardware 0003, 0002, 0001 ready to download now!

I am currently working on the version for 0004 Hardware and that version will be ready ASAP

ricsim78

Sep 7, 2010
Chicago Heights, IL
How do u kno if u have a compatible camera chip for 3.30?
I have a 0003 hardware..

Sent from Point A to Point B

Did yours come stock with the 3.30 OTA?

If you use custom kernels, does your camera work?

If you answered yes to the first question, no to the second, you have the new camera chip.

The easiest way to test if try a custom kernels and try your camera. If it is just black, you have the new camera chip. Only very late 0003 hardware started having the new chip, they are very rare but out there.

luckylui

Aug 14, 2010
Chi-Town
OnePlus 9 Pro
Did yours come stock with the 3.30 OTA?

If you use custom kernels, does your camera work?

If you answered yes to the first question, no to the second, you have the new camera chip.

The easiest way to test if try a custom kernels and try your camera. If it is just black, you have the new camera chip. Only very late 0003 hardware started having the new chip, they are very rare but out there.

1: No
2: Yes
= Old chip :(
Thanx!

Sent from Point A to Point B

ricsim78

Sep 7, 2010
Chicago Heights, IL
+1 to that i wonder if you can port the cam files from 3.30 to 3.29 and keep the rest from 3.29 for battery save?

BTW: Rick does this mean azreal is over or are you working on that one still

Already did that with Azrael X v2.0 (cam files). Trust me the 3.30 OTA is not better for Evo's that are not 0004 hardware.

No, this is just another option I wanted the community to have.

Also working on Azrael X v2.1 now too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated: 12/20/2010 7:07 PM

**New** 3.70.651.1 OTA version of Stock Turbo available

STOCK TURBO
    **Download now!**

Looking for a stock ROM with the same enhancements found in my Azrael ROM? Look no further.

Who this ROM is for For those who want a completely stock ROM but with some very nice enhancements added. This ROM is good for those who wish to theme the ROM themselves or for those who just want a stock looking ROM. In layman's terms, this is a stock ROM with enhancements under the hood. This is a Sense ROM, exactly what the EVO comes with. This is also for those who do not wish to run a custom ROM yet want the added enhancements.

This would also make a great base for your own custom ROM. Just please give me credit for my time if you plan on posting it (always give credit where it is due).

I have little easter eggs added, you use this...I will know it is mine :)

The ROM:
    -Made with DSIXDA's newest ROM Kitchen 1.10
    -3.29 version: 3.29.651.5 OTA, HTC Kernel #11
    -3.30 version: 3.30.651.3 OTA, HTC Kernel #17
    -3.70 version: 3.70.651.1 OTA, HTC Kernel #15

Here is the list of enhancements added:
    -Everything working
    -VERY FAST and smooth (called Turbo for a reason!)
    -Dalvik moved to cache instead of eating up main memory
    -403+ MB free after a clean install
    -PNGOUT optimized Framework and some system apps
    -PNGOUT optimized stock wallpapers
    -Data/App functionality
    -Added Nano text editor, SYSRO, and SYSRW
    -Automatically Zipaligns all apps after each boot to help them load up faster
    -SNQ 4 in 1 Reboot MOD
    -Calkulin's MMS 5MB limit tweak
    -Calkulin's MMS Compression MOD
    -BASH shell support
    -All apps updated to latest
    -tun.ko added to system/lib/modules (for OpenVPN)
    -EPST downgraded so all ## codes work
    -No added apps
    -No apps taken out

Everything else is stock (wallpapers, ringtones, boot animation, etc.)

Note: If you want to disable the startup sound, please flash the Startup sound killer attached to this post.

There is three different versions, the newest version, Stock Turbo 3.70, is designed for all Evos regardless of hardware. The two older versions. 3.29 version is best for EVO's with the Hardware 0001, 0002, 0003. 3.30 is best for 0004 or 0003 with the new camera chip.

Note: the 3.70.651.1 OTA used in Stock Turbo 3.70 uses totally different frameworks. If you attempt to use a theme or some MODS, your phone can bootloop. Older MODS/Themes need to be ported to the new 3.70 OTA before they will work.

Get it here!

Stock Turbo 3.70 *New* for all hardware, recommended!

Stock Turbo 3.29 for hardware versions 0001, 0002, 0003 (old camera chip)

Stock Turbo 3.30 for hardware versions 0004, and some 0003 (new camera chip)
    Anyone else having WiFi tether issues? No matter which I use (wireless tether and Sprint hotspot), I always get connected but no data transfers. I left it on for ten minutes or so, which should be more than enough time. it connects instantly on myn, stock, cyanogen, etc...

Possibilities?

Anyone wth wireless tether issues, make a folder on your SD card called android.tether (exactly like that) and then copy fw_bcm4329_apsta.bin from system/etc/firmware (look in zip of ROM) to that folder. Copy that file to your newly created android.tether folder on your SD card and rename it to fw_bcm4329.bin.

Then you should be in business. If not, use the Andtether.apk attached to this thread. Uninstall your current version first. But no matter what, you need to do the above (make that android.tether folder on your SD card and copy that file, rename it.)

After you start tethering, you will see in the logs that it found fw_bcm4329.bin in android.secure.

Carry on :)
    Hi Ricsim78, I would like to install the 1% battery indicator as seen in this post -

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=819568

What option should be chose to use with your ROM? I am using the stock kernel.

Thanks.

Install the Azrael X theme from my Azrael ROM. Or just use my Azrael ROM...it is better :)
    Agreed, Sprint tech here waiting on Turbo Stock for 3.70.

Also word to the wise, ROM builders may want to dump the Blockbuster add ins, they are causing us problems on plain OTA stock from sprint that they may pull that out officially down the line. I'm keeping an eye on something here that is building a pretty large amount of data about it.
    Only problems I have discovered so far with this rom:

1) Graphics are a bit laggy to load.
    2) usb wont mount sdcard.

P.S., If you cut so many things down, why is the rom so big?

Graphics bit laggy? It should not be that way. You either did not wipe the Dalvik, have a lot of junk in your cache, or I don't even know what.

USB won't mount SD card? Sounds like you did not wipe the Dalvik properly. You using Clockwork?

What does the size of the ROM have to do with anything? This is a tweaked STOCK ROM. Size has nothing to do with anything. I never said I cut anything down, you want a tweaked and cut down ROM, try my Azrael ROM. I added tweaks that yes, take up more size.

It is a conspiracy, I rigged this ROM for failure for all those who use it.:rolleyes: