• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][STOCK]{UPDATED} Lenovo Tab 3 8/TB3-850F Android 6.0 Stock Firmware Images

Search This thread

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
Thanks for efforts. Welcome back, n hope you're in good health now. :)

I'd still love to try LOS 14.1 (or RR 7.1), available on Russian 4PDA for TB3-850M, as indications are this should be an easy port! Regards, PW.
Haha. You read my mind. I'm actually working on the Lineage and RR ports for the TB3-850F as we speak.

Reactions: pndwal

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
@pndwal, I wanted to take a moment to formally thank you for your assistance to members of my threads in my absence. You provided thorough answers to inquiries and were a huge help. Thank you.

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
My pleasure.

All the best with ports. This will be major progress for TB3-850F if not many bugs. :) PW
There shouldn't be many bugs, as the devs who ported for the TB3-850M seem to have gotten the builds stable. As long as WiFi, Bluetooth and radio functions okay, with no major crashes or force closes on apps and processes, I'll be satisfied. The small bugs can be ironed out.

pndwal

There shouldn't be many bugs, as the devs who ported for the TB3-850M seem to have gotten the builds stable. As long as WiFi, Bluetooth and radio functions okay, with no major crashes or force closes on apps and processes, I'll be satisfied. The small bugs can be ironed out.
Likewise. Adoptive storage and other functionality is vastly improved with N... PW.

Reactions: MotoJunkie01

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
Preparing to get LOS 14.1 posted today. Somebody broke in my shed and stole my weed eater last night so been having to deal with that. But my goal is to get the ROM posted today.

pndwal

Preparing to get LOS 14.1 posted today. Somebody broke in my shed and stole my weed eater last night so been having to deal with that. But my goal is to get the ROM posted today.
Sorry about your break in.

Can't wait to try ROM. Thanks in advance! (Waiting for that explanation of your use of FisH hijack exploit too.) PW.

Last edited:

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
So sorry gang for my absence this week. Was called out over the weekend and had to travel to nearby West Virginia to troubleshoot a network. I've been in the Appalachian foothills where there are few cell towers. I'm coming home Thursday. I had hoped to have LOS posted already, but duty called. I'll be back on the 850F in a couple of days.

pndwal

So sorry gang for my absence this week. Was called out over the weekend and had to travel to nearby West Virginia to troubleshoot a network. I've been in the Appalachian foothills where there are few cell towers. I'm coming home Thursday. I had hoped to have LOS posted already, but duty called. I'll be back on the 850F in a couple of days.
I'm guessing you still have a heavy workload. Are there still issues with the port? Regards, PW.

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
I'm guessing you still have a heavy workload. Are there still issues with the port? Regards, PW.
No major issues at all -- despite plenty of small issues along the way. Yes my friend, rest assured I've not forsaken Nougat for the 850F. Every time I get settled in here lately, I end up right back on the road. When I can get settled, pack the files back up, and finish my Edify script, I'll have it posted.

pndwal

No major issues at all -- despite plenty of small issues along the way. Yes my friend, rest assured I've not forsaken Nougat for the 850F. Every time I get settled in here lately, I end up right back on the road. When I can get settled, pack the files back up, and finish my Edify script, I'll have it posted.
Happy to hear that. Take your time. PW.

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
Happy to hear that. Take your time. PW.
Believe me @pndwal, I would have liked to have already posted Nougat and be working on Oreo. The hurricanes and flooding on the eastern coastline -- especially NC -- have resulted in many, many hours of overtime on my job. Things will settle down though. Thank you for your patience and continued support on this device.

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin

voland34

Feb 1, 2015
Believe me @pndwal, I would have liked to have already posted Nougat and be working on Oreo. The hurricanes and flooding on the eastern coastline -- especially NC -- have resulted in many, many hours of overtime on my job. Things will settle down though. Thank you for your patience and continued support on this device.

Hi. Just to say that obviously take your time but it's gonna be sooo useful whenever you get to share the results of your hard work...It will be a hell of a present for many of us. Thanks in advance for your efforts.

Garcy23

Oct 15, 2018
Thanks mate, we really do look forward to having it.

Thanks for your efforts on this! Hope to see it soon :)

Cheers
Garcy

pndwal

Hey PW,

i started to play around with my tablet, which i got into a boot loop.. so went to go re-flash it with the stock firmware and couldn't get it anymore and didn't have it saved on my PC.

Haha so have basically rendered it useless now :( whoops...

Cheers
Garcy
All is most likely not lost. :) I'm posting info / ROM links for you. Please ask if you need more help to sort it out.

Here is latest full official ROM link for TB3-850F:
http://lenovo-forums.ru/files/file/1549-lenovo-tab3-a8-tb3-850f_s100030_161209_row/

Several have flashed this to recover from boot-loop successfully.
Archive password: lenovo-forums.ru
Seems these files come with the drivers and spft needed.
Seems they also re-lock the bootloader.

Important: Many have encountered problems with the Vcom driver connection:
You will probably need to hold the volume down button and plug the usb cable in at the same time while spft is in download mode. This worked for others. (Thanks to @stonedpsycho for this trick.)

If you intend to install custom recovery or root, boot and set up with stock recovery and then check for latest ROM updates (in Settings, About tablet, System updates) first, and you should get OTA update to tb3-850f_s100031_171010_row. Please let me know if you get a later one! (Can't get OTAs without stock recovery.)

See last 2 pages here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/help/lenovo-tab3-8-2016-custom-recovery-t3483454 for instructions, Russian site links incl. login method if you want to get any files hosted on 4pda.ru. (Links to locally hosted files will appear dead unless logged in).

Regards, PW.

Last edited:
Reactions: baxmax and Garcy23

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lenovo Tab 3 8/TB3-850F -
    Android 6.0 Stock Firmware Images

DISCLAIMER: As always, flashing your device - with either stock or custom firmware - involves an inherent risk of bricking or otherwise rendering your device inoperable. I am not responsible for any good or bad resulting from your use of these firmware images or this thread.

DEVICE SPECIFICATIONS:
    Model: Lenovo Tab 3 8"(TB3-850F)
    Android Version: 6.0 Marshmallow
    Kernel Version: 3.18.19
    Board Platform: MediaTek MT6735m (1.0 GHz)
    Build No: TB3-850F_S100031_171010_ROW
    Software Version: TB3-850F_160412
    SDK Version: 23
    Build ID: MRA58K
    Android Security Patch Level: 9/05/2017
    Build Date: 10/10/2017

NOTE:
    First & foremost, these partition images will not restore your device completely back to factory/stock condition. They will restore your Android OS, boot logo, boot image & recovery to stock condition. Other vital partitions of your device, such as /lk (the primary bootloader) are not restored by flashing these images. To revert to an unmodified factory state, you will need to visit @r&xp's thread mentioned below and flash your device with stock firmware using the SP Flash Tool, which will also re-lock your bootloader.
    This firmware thread is not intended as a tutorial or guide for flashing or restoring your Lenovo Tab 3 back to stock condition. Rather, this is intended as a resource for stock images, device drivers, etc. However, some rudimentary instructions are provided, which will enable you to install these images and restore your device back to mostly stock condition. NOTE: IF YOUR DEVICE IS BRICKED (UNABLE TO BOOT INTO EITHER RECOVERY OR FASTBOOT MODE), THESE FIRMWARE IMAGES WILL BE OF NO BENEFIT. INSTEAD, PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING THREAD BY XDA MEMBER @r&xp , WHICH WILL GIVE YOU THE NECESSARY FILES AND PRECISE INSTRUCTIONS FOR UNBRICKING & RESTORING YOUR DEVICE. https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/help/lenovo-tab-3-8-tb3-850f-unbrick-root-t3598727

There are any number of available procedures to flash these stock partition images to your device. The simplest option is to use a custom recovery like TWRP to flash them. Store these images to your external micro SD (or internal storage if you do not intend to wipe internal storage or format /userdata). In TWRP's main menu, select "WIPE", "ADVANCED WIPE", and select Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, & Data. (For a clean install, it is recommended to format Data as well, by selecting "WIPE", then "Format Data.") Reboot Recovery (often necessary for proper mounting of the data partition). Now, select "INSTALL", then select "INSTALL IMAGE" in the bottom right of the menu, navigate to the storage location of the firmware images, and flash them in any order you choose. If you do not have TWRP installed on your device, XDA Senior Member @Hemphiz has a simple & comprehensive thread here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/guide-lenovo-tab3-8-tb3-850f-t3559786/page1. In any event, whichever option you choose, please do your homework and research the threads here on XDA relating to your choice. These images may also be installed via fastboot mode. You will need to install Minimal ADB & Fastboot (v1.4 or later) on your PC, ensure the proper Lenovo device drivers & ADB drivers are installed on your PC, and connect your device to your PC via the stock (or quality equivalent) micro USB to USB data sync cable. Once in fastboot mode, open a command prompt in the adb/fastboot directory, and execute the following command lines:

fastboot devices (if you are properly synced, your device serial # will be shown)

fastboot oem fb_mode_set
    fastboot flash logo logo.img
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (this will overwrite any custom recovery)
    fastboot flash system system.img (fastboot will automatically sparsechunk this image)
    fastboot erase userdata
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot oem fb_mode_clear

fastboot reboot

STOCK PARTITION IMAGES:
    The link below provides the following stock firmware images:

/system.........................Size 3.0 GB
    /boot..............................Size 16 MB
    /recovery........................Size 16 MB
    /logo...............................Size 8 MB

Also included in the link are some helpful files like Minimal ADB & Fastboot v1.4.3, the official Lenovo USB Drivers for the TB3-850F (v1.1.21), a general partition index of the tablet, the ADB driver installer for Windows, and the latest PC version of LenovoSuite Mobile Assistant v1.4.1.14199.

I have made a full & complete partition dump of this device, including sensitive firmware partitions such as /oemkeystore, /nvdata, /seccfg, /lk, etc. In the event any members have corrupted these partitions, just request and I will upload these as well. (/nvdata contains device identifiers such as MAC Address, ESN, etc. The device from which these images were taken has since been hardware damaged & salvaged for parts. Therefore, I have no issue with sharing these images. However, as a disclaimer, you are fully responsible for the manner in which you use device ID partitions. Modifying a device's identifiers delves into matters of legality and ethical guidelines, all for which you are solely responsible.)

CREDITS:
    Thanks to XDA Senior Member @Hemphiz for his hard work & development on this device, and his thread on TWRP & rooting. Also, huge thanks to @r&xp for his lifesaving tutorial on recovering this device from a soft or hard brick. His guide has revived many devices from the Android cemetery. You guys visiting either of these threads mentioned, be sure and hit the "THANKS" button for their hard work.

DOWNLOAD LINK:
    TB3-850F_S100031_171010_ROW
    Stock Firmware Partition Images: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1vRLwQ2mCD3CwYQZKGHyykDvBd2yGHisT

Sent from my Lenovo Tab 3 8/TB3-850F using XDA Forums Pro Edition.
    Hoping my custom ROM for this device will be finished tonight. Ironing out my uodater-script now
    I finally compiled a TWRP flashable unmodified Android 6.0 stock ROM for this tablet. Here is the thread link. Custom ROM is nearly finished too.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/rom-lenovo-tab-3-8-tb3-850f-t3617594
    The fact you're just stuck in a bootloop is a good sign that you can hopefully recover from. I am unsure of how the stock rom on this thread is flashed (zip with twrp?) so in the link below is the link to the stock rom(850F only) that I previously used thanks to @pndwal for finding it.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=71226040&postcount=66

The file you download has everything you need from the stock rom with scatter file, drivers and SPFT.
    Like @MotoJunkie01 said above you will need to hold the volume down button when connecting to the Pc for the Vcom driver to install. For the DA (download agent) in Spft where you select the scatter file use the DA with "all in one" in the name.
    Also make sure you press "download" on Spft before connecting the tablet to the computer.
    This stock firmware consists of four stock partition images (system, boot, recovery & logo). These images may be flashed in a number of ways, including fastboot, TWRP, or on-device flashing apps like Flashfire.
    Just updated this thread to the most recent Stock 6.0 firmware images. I've included updated driver files in the link and have included some basic instructions for fastboot flashing the firmware images using a PC. Download link now provides /system, /recovery, /logo and /boot partitions from Android 6.0 Build No. TB3-850F_S100030_161209_ROW.