• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM|Stockish|NO KNOX] 7/17/15 Sprint TouchWiz Lollipop 5.0.1 (N910PVPU3BOF5)

Search This thread

Slypnslyde

Jan 5, 2013
Wilmington, DE
If anyone's have problems rooting because odin is failing try this. Boot the phone and go to the settings and then select security. There is an option you uncheck called reactivation. Make sure this option is turned off. It is a safety feature you enable that makes sure if someone steals your phone they won't be able to factory reset your device.

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

After using this step watch as odin will flash supersu with sucess.
I don't see it inside security

kmartburrito

Mar 17, 2006
Denver, CO
I'm getting the 491 error now in any attempt to download anything from the play store, as mentioned a few pages back.

It seems to have persisted across to a newly downloaded rom and wipe of cache and dalvik cache. No recommendations on how to fix are working, so this seems to have broken something big time.

I'm going to attempt to restore a backup of a bob7 rom to see if that will fix it. Any thoughts from others would be appreciated too, as this seems like it will be affecting others as well.

kmartburrito

Mar 17, 2006
Denver, CO
I was able to resolve the 491 error that persisted across roms by restoring a backup (which boot looped) but then flashed back the BOB7 Baseband and a Bob7 rom, which restored whatever was broken. This was the deodexed version, btw.

Last edited:

samep

Dec 8, 2011
It is the download manager during the deodex process. You could always push the odex version of the download manager and use it that way... I would like to figure out why this is happening but there aren't very many tools that I know of that deodex lp. I'm using the latest version of oat2dex
Hi, I recently duplicated the -491error on a deodexed attempt of OB7. Here's how I fixed it.

The Google apps don't like to be deodexed. You can actually pull their folders with apk and applicable /lib/arm.so's right off the /data/app (updates) directory and rename the folder and apk appropriately (Phonesky, GmsCore, Chrome, Maps, and Velvet and change the apps from base.apk to their appropriate titles.apk) use those folders in a system flash. Same applies to other third party applications and any other Google app not removed as bloat from tar system partition.

Rule of thumb would be to only deodex what actually needs to deodexed.

Looking forward to your work once development and root catch up to Android 5.1.1 or M. I'm staying with OB7 deodexed until we root for latest. Finally getting back to Xposed for Lollipop.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's a Stockish ROM for your N910P. This ROM has Knox, Sprint ItsOn, and automatic Sprint software downloads (first boot) removed only. Nothing else was done to this ROM. I'm new to the Note 4 so I may upload patches to remove any other traces of Knox or ItsOn or optimizations I happen to find while making my own ROM.

Prereq: OF5 Baseband. Download it below.

Odex:
    Download
    MD5: f6bf297e08ae830d4d63811907d22cb8

DeOdex:
    Uploading..
    MD5: f7096efb8f0cbc19083ce8b603cad79e

OF5 Baseband:
    Download

[size=+3]DeOdex note:[/size]
    The first boot time for this DeOdex ROM is very long. Approximately 5-8 minutes. Your phone will get hot as the splash screen remains on the yellow Sprint boot animation. I recommend keeping your phone in a cool environment while this is happening. The heat, if not properly checked, can make boot times even longer as the system throttles speed in order to deal with the heat. This doesn't happen on the Odex version.

Changelog:
    7/17/15: Initial Release.
    Weirder still, my S-pen is perfect. Clicks right where the tip of the pen is. But my finger goes from dead-on accurate in the top left to 1-2 inches off in total at the bottom of the screen. Any dev happen to know where this calibration might be? Hoping to delete it and force it to recreate.

Thanks!

Saw this code a while back, I didn't have to use it but it does something with the touch screen - dial *#2663# and update the touch FW by pressing "TSP FW update (General)" This was found on another forum on XDA...

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

This is where I saw the info about touchscreen issues http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2144166&page=2
    Any way to update from OE1 to OF5 baseband without a computer? Don't have one at the moment...if not its ok i can wait...

I could include a TWRP flashable, but I'm not sure if the baseband even applies from a recovery flash. I've seen some devs include basebands in their ROM packages, but I have yet to see any evidence of a baseband flash being successful from recovery on either the Note 3 or Note 4. But if you want to try it out, I will do it.
    Where did u vet this base

I made it from the TAR.
    It is the download manager during the deodex process. You could always push the odex version of the download manager and use it that way... I would like to figure out why this is happening but there aren't very many tools that I know of that deodex lp. I'm using the latest version of oat2dex