• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM|Stockish|ROOTED|NO KNOX] 11/15/15 Sprint TouchWiz Lollipop 5.1.1 (N910PVPU4COJ6)

Search This thread

freeza

Recognized Developer
May 28, 2006
Pasadena, CA
www.freeza-inc.com
Here's a Stockish ROM for your N910P. This ROM has Knox, Sprint ItsOn, and secure storage removed. Nothing else was done to this ROM. I'm new to the Note 4 so I may upload patches to remove any other traces of Knox or ItsOn or optimizations I happen to find while making my own ROM.

Odex:
Download
MD5: e01898c8544a21d505987b95989eadf0

DeOdex:
Download
MD5: e05951dfc2b110fa819e4aff23399b61

OJ6 Baseband:
Download
MD5: 248ee48a2f85220c0d7ff4b0f9c9d308

Patches and fixes:
None yet.

[size=+3]DeOdex note:[/size]
The first boot time for this DeOdex ROM is very long. Approximately 5-8 minutes. Your phone will get hot as the splash screen remains on the yellow Sprint boot animation. I recommend keeping your phone in a cool environment while this is happening. The heat, if not properly checked, can make boot times even longer as the system throttles speed in order to deal with the heat. This doesn't happen on the Odex version.

[size=+3]Install instructions:[/size]
-Are you currently on the OB7 bootloader and would like to stay on it?
--Simply flash the baseband with Odin, and the ROM.

-Are you on the update from OTA or flashed the OJ6 TAR?
--Flash kernel only.

-Are you one of the unlucky ones to take the OTA and hose your system trying to root and are now on another ROM?
--Flash ROM only.

-Are you on any build after OB7 but not the current OJ6?
--Flash the baseband and ROM. Bootloader is optional and not available in this thread as of yet.

Wiping is only necessary if you are coming from a different base, such as AOSP/CM. If you are coming from a touchwiz ROM, wiping isn't needed, but won't hurt.

Changelog:
11/15/15: Update to OJ6
8/7/15: Initial Release.

Last edited:

xyojimbox

Aug 12, 2010
Here's a Stockish ROM for your N910P. This ROM has Knox, Sprint ItsOn, and secure storage removed. Nothing else was done to this ROM. I'm new to the Note 4 so I may upload patches to remove any other traces of Knox or ItsOn or optimizations I happen to find while making my own ROM.

Prereq: OG5 Baseband. Download it below.

Odex:
Uploading...
MD5: b419ca6cf89791fce33b3c8d8093f4d4

DeOdex:
Coming hopefully lol
MD5:

OG5 Baseband:
Coming

The first boot time for this DeOdex ROM is very long. Approximately 5-8 minutes. Your phone will get hot as the splash screen remains on the yellow Sprint boot animation. I recommend keeping your phone in a cool environment while this is happening. The heat, if not properly checked, can make boot times even longer as the system throttles speed in order to deal with the heat. This doesn't happen on the Odex version.

Changelog:

I see it says baseband coming? Does that mean i wont have to odin stock and root with your kernel? Just flash baseband and this rom? Or to realky be on 5.1 donyou recommend doing the whole process? Thanx freeza!!

xyojimbox

Aug 12, 2010

Attachments

• 1438996348237.jpg
    1438996348237.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 1,517

ch3ck3rs

Mar 17, 2013
excited to try this out... can someone please help clarify the process for me? I'm running Saintz ROM with OB7 baseband.... do I just wipe and flash the ZIP in the OP via TWRP? Does the modem need to be installed separately? Thanks in advance

Androidwarrior

Apr 9, 2014
@freeza someone said on the other thread, The Google apps don't like to be deodexed. You can actually pull their folders with apk and applicable /lib/arm.so's right off the /data/app (updates) directory and rename the folder and apk appropriately (Phonesky, GmsCore, Chrome, Maps, and Velvet and change the apps from base.apk to their appropriate titles.apk) use those folders in a system flash. Same applies to other third party applications and any other Google app not removed as bloat from tar system partition.

Rule of thumb would be to only deodex what actually needs to deodexed.

Looking forward to your work once development and root catch up to Android 5.1.1 or M. I'm staying with OB7 deodexed until we root for latest. Finally getting back to Xposed for Lollipop.

Reactions: notmyepic

freeza

Recognized Developer
May 28, 2006
Pasadena, CA
www.freeza-inc.com
@freeza someone said on the other thread, The Google apps don't like to be deodexed. You can actually pull their folders with apk and applicable /lib/arm.so's right off the /data/app (updates) directory and rename the folder and apk appropriately (Phonesky, GmsCore, Chrome, Maps, and Velvet and change the apps from base.apk to their appropriate titles.apk) use those folders in a system flash. Same applies to other third party applications and any other Google app not removed as bloat from tar system partition.

Rule of thumb would be to only deodex what actually needs to deodexed.

Looking forward to your work once development and root catch up to Android 5.1.1 or M. I'm staying with OB7 deodexed until we root for latest. Finally getting back to Xposed for Lollipop.

Hmm I'll try that

Reactions: notmyepic

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Odex:
    Download
    MD5: e01898c8544a21d505987b95989eadf0

DeOdex:
    Download
    MD5: e05951dfc2b110fa819e4aff23399b61

OJ6 Baseband:
    Download
    MD5: 248ee48a2f85220c0d7ff4b0f9c9d308

Patches and fixes:
    None yet.

[size=+3]Install instructions:[/size]
    -Are you currently on the OB7 bootloader and would like to stay on it?
    --Simply flash the baseband with Odin, and the ROM.

-Are you on the update from OTA or flashed the OJ6 TAR?
    --Flash kernel only.

-Are you one of the unlucky ones to take the OTA and hose your system trying to root and are now on another ROM?
    --Flash ROM only.

-Are you on any build after OB7 but not the current OJ6?
    --Flash the baseband and ROM. Bootloader is optional and not available in this thread as of yet.

Wiping is only necessary if you are coming from a different base, such as AOSP/CM. If you are coming from a touchwiz ROM, wiping isn't needed, but won't hurt.

Changelog:
    11/15/15: Update to OJ6
    The phone restart thing is due to "itson" in the '/carrier' directory of your phone. Browse there with your root explorer of choice and remove the contents of the itson folder. NOTHING ELSE.

Oh, and OJ6 baseband is up :)
    DeOdex uploaded.
    Uploading deodexed debloated version. :)

I may add a regular deodexed version but as i was testing out the theory to remove google apps for the 491 error, I just left it like that once I fixed the 491...
    Just a FYI. Those of you (like myself) who have never properly updated their phones to OG5 via ota update or odin'd the OG5 rom tar, you should be aware that the carrier partition has changed with OG5 and unless you odin OG5 or take the OG5 ota then you may have connectivity issues, errors, etc. Simply flashing this rom does not write/overwrite some of the missing partitions that the official rom tar writes during flash. I'm working on building a new tar minus the OG5 bootloader. This is what I'm doing for myself personally in order to stay on OB7 bootloader and still do a "full" OG5 update. If I get it done and it works well then I'll share for those who want to go this route and stay on the OB7 bootloader. For all others who have updated to OG5 via ota update or the tar via odin then this doesn't apply.