• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM|Stockish|ROOTED|NO KNOX] 11/15/15 Sprint TouchWiz Lollipop 5.1.1 (N910PVPU4COJ6)

Search This thread

L_B_J_1

Jan 16, 2011
Utah
I am planning on flashing the stock tar through Odin this morning hopefully it will fix this for me. I updated through factory update I unrooted from EIA and updated to COG used a Rom that tx_ created to get partitions correct then flashed his rom.

vivrosh

Sep 1, 2010
I am planning on flashing the stock tar through Odin this morning hopefully it will fix this for me. I updated through factory update I unrooted from EIA and updated to COG used a Rom that tx_ created to get partitions correct then flashed his rom.

and also try after odin..
go into stock recovery and do factory reset. .just in case.

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA

It's interesting that you mention software versions EIA and COG. Neither is Sprint N4 software. If you odin flashed my OB7/OG5 hybrid rom tar then that will simply keep the OB7 bootloader and flash all other partitions which is fine. However the bootloader plays a very important role in the device functions so i highly recommend that you update your phone completely to OJ6.

Do this:
1. Download the new OJ6 rom tar (do not unzip the tar!) then check that the MD5 matches the one provided on the download page of AFH. (it's in the general section here in the sprint N4 forums)
2. reboot to TWRP and wipe everything and make sure you backup anything on your internal storage if you need to.
3. reboot to download mode.
4. open odin on your pc and use the "AP" button to load the OJ6 tar. It will take a minute to check the md5.
5. then connect your phone to the usb cable and wait for it to connect. It will say ready in the left pane of the odin window.
6. press start and let it do it's thing. Once completed LET THE PHONE BOOT AND SETUP FOR THE FIRST TIME BEFORE FLASHING TWRP OR CUSTOM ROMS!
That's it. This should get you back on track with a clean slate.

L_B_J_1

Jan 16, 2011
Utah
Tx_ I never said there was anything wrong with your rom... But I indeed wrote the name of the Android version wrong. I flashed the stock tar yesterday through Odin my phone was more responsive. However I still had several reboots and I just woke up to it rebooted into download mode again. I'm sure this is not a Rom problem. Any ideas on what I can do next?

kaos420

Dec 21, 2007
dantes inferno
Tx_ I never said there was anything wrong with your rom... But I indeed wrote the name of the Android version wrong. I flashed the stock tar yesterday through Odin my phone was more responsive. However I still had several reboots and I just woke up to it rebooted into download mode again. I'm sure this is not a Rom problem. Any ideas on what I can do next?
Ya rwlash stock. Make sure its unrooted andnuse your insurance.get a replacement. Cause if its a sprint note 4 on latest oj6.and its a clean install and still doing it.its hardware

Sent from my 0x1 Note 4...... I love tep

L_B_J_1

Jan 16, 2011
Utah
I know this topic doesn't belong in this thread (sorry freeza) I just pulled out the SD card and sim card and the phone seems to be very responsive and hasn't rebooted yet. Could either my sd card or sim card cause that problem?

samep

Dec 8, 2011
I know this topic doesn't belong in this thread (sorry freeza) I just pulled out the SD card and sim card and the phone seems to be very responsive and hasn't rebooted yet. Could either my sd card or sim card cause that problem?

Run stock without the extSdCard to test for reboots. If you had that micro sdcard in another phone it should be reformatted first. Backup the data to PC you want to keep to PC.

Power down, remove battery, Inspect the SIM card and contacts of both phone and card. Don't try to clean the slot contacts. Cleaning card with a clean microfiber cloth should be enough. Install it and boot. See if you can run a few days without this random reboot and your waking to find boot splash or download-mode garbage.

Is the phone in a case that has buttons? Inspect that or try another case. How old is the original battery? Some have failed after a year. Do you have a fresh spare to test with?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

L_B_J_1

Jan 16, 2011
Utah
Run stock without the extSdCard to test for reboots. If you had that micro sdcard in another phone it should be reformatted first. Backup the data to PC you want to keep to PC.

Power down, remove battery, Inspect the SIM card and contacts of both phone and card. Don't try to clean the slot contacts. Cleaning card with a clean microfiber cloth should be enough. Install it and boot. See if you can run a few days without this random reboot and your waking to find boot splash or download-mode garbage.

Is the phone in a case that has buttons? Inspect that or try another case. How old is the original battery? Some have failed after a year. Do you have a fresh spare to test with?

That's exactly what I have been doing today. I have had 3 random reboots today without sim card and sd card in the phone. I have two batteries.. And have tested both with same result. Seems like when I run an app (doesn't matter which one) and it acts like it's having a hard time processing it, it will reboot. Looks like I'm going to have to contact sprint

samep

Dec 8, 2011
That's exactly what I have been doing today. I have had 3 random reboots today without sim card and sd card in the phone. I have two batteries.. And have tested both with same result. Seems like when I run an app (doesn't matter which one) and it acts like it's having a hard time processing it, it will reboot. Looks like I'm going to have to contact sprint
Sorry to hear that. Agreed.

Best wishes on a good replacement. New phones are $1 on contract if you're eligible at Best Buy.

Last edited:

jacndabx

Dec 30, 2012
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
So my phone just rebooted (again) but this time it went into download mode. Any suggestions?
my note was having the same issue after a bad restore, it would be in a deep sleep when on charger to where I would have to do a battery pull, and I would get random boots thru out the day some would even go into download mode like you said. I just Odin to the new modem and I'm about to flash this rom in hopes it will stop

L_B_J_1

Jan 16, 2011
Utah
my note was having the same issue after a bad restore, it would be in a deep sleep when on charger to where I would have to do a battery pull, and I would get random boots thru out the day some would even go into download mode like you said. I just Odin to the new modem and I'm about to flash this rom in hopes it will stop
Good luck! Removing my sim card and sd card have definitely helped I only had 3 reboots today instead oftthe usual 5-10 and my phone has been very responsive vs. The last two weeks. Let me know if that works

lordtigger

Jun 22, 2010
I assumed this ROM would give me hotspot/tether access, but it doesn't seem too. (Just flashed odex version) Sorry for the newbness. Is there a ROM that will that is similar in look and feel to stock?

My wireless and mobile network are working. Does that mean I don't need to do the baseband? (And the baseband has to be done from odin, not flashable in recovery, right?

Thanks!

bigbabo

Apr 22, 2009
I assumed this ROM would give me hotspot/tether access, but it doesn't seem too. (Just flashed odex version) Sorry for the newbness. Is there a ROM that will that is similar in look and feel to stock?

My wireless and mobile network are working. Does that mean I don't need to do the baseband? (And the baseband has to be done from odin, not flashable in recovery, right?

Thanks!

Correct

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Free mobile app

lordtigger

Jun 22, 2010
Correct

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Free mobile app

Correct to which part? There's no hotspot access in this ROM, I don't need the baseband, or the baseband has to be odin flashed? I appreciate the help, just not sure which question you were trying to answer.

Suggestions on a stable, plain touch wiz type ROM that includes hotspot access?

Thanks!

bigbabo

Apr 22, 2009
Correct to which part? There's no hotspot access in this ROM, I don't need the baseband, or the baseband has to be odin flashed? I appreciate the help, just not sure which question you were trying to answer.

Thanks!

About baseband being flashed with odin part

Sent from my SM-T530 using XDA Free mobile app

jhill110

Oct 12, 2012
Santa Barbara
HTC U11
Moto G Power

Thanks!

Check out @tx_dbs_tx 's OG5 roms here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2956667

Stable, no bugs, both stock and juiced versions.

Read the OP's carefully.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's a Stockish ROM for your N910P. This ROM has Knox, Sprint ItsOn, and secure storage removed. Nothing else was done to this ROM. I'm new to the Note 4 so I may upload patches to remove any other traces of Knox or ItsOn or optimizations I happen to find while making my own ROM.

Odex:
    Download
    MD5: e01898c8544a21d505987b95989eadf0

DeOdex:
    Download
    MD5: e05951dfc2b110fa819e4aff23399b61

OJ6 Baseband:
    Download
    MD5: 248ee48a2f85220c0d7ff4b0f9c9d308

Patches and fixes:
    None yet.

[size=+3]DeOdex note:[/size]
    The first boot time for this DeOdex ROM is very long. Approximately 5-8 minutes. Your phone will get hot as the splash screen remains on the yellow Sprint boot animation. I recommend keeping your phone in a cool environment while this is happening. The heat, if not properly checked, can make boot times even longer as the system throttles speed in order to deal with the heat. This doesn't happen on the Odex version.

[size=+3]Install instructions:[/size]
    -Are you currently on the OB7 bootloader and would like to stay on it?
    --Simply flash the baseband with Odin, and the ROM.

-Are you on the update from OTA or flashed the OJ6 TAR?
    --Flash kernel only.

-Are you one of the unlucky ones to take the OTA and hose your system trying to root and are now on another ROM?
    --Flash ROM only.

-Are you on any build after OB7 but not the current OJ6?
    --Flash the baseband and ROM. Bootloader is optional and not available in this thread as of yet.

Wiping is only necessary if you are coming from a different base, such as AOSP/CM. If you are coming from a touchwiz ROM, wiping isn't needed, but won't hurt.

Changelog:
    11/15/15: Update to OJ6
    8/7/15: Initial Release.
    The phone restart thing is due to "itson" in the '/carrier' directory of your phone. Browse there with your root explorer of choice and remove the contents of the itson folder. NOTHING ELSE.

Oh, and OJ6 baseband is up :)
    DeOdex uploaded.
    Uploading deodexed debloated version. :)

I may add a regular deodexed version but as i was testing out the theory to remove google apps for the 491 error, I just left it like that once I fixed the 491...
    Just a FYI. Those of you (like myself) who have never properly updated their phones to OG5 via ota update or odin'd the OG5 rom tar, you should be aware that the carrier partition has changed with OG5 and unless you odin OG5 or take the OG5 ota then you may have connectivity issues, errors, etc. Simply flashing this rom does not write/overwrite some of the missing partitions that the official rom tar writes during flash. I'm working on building a new tar minus the OG5 bootloader. This is what I'm doing for myself personally in order to stay on OB7 bootloader and still do a "full" OG5 update. If I get it done and it works well then I'll share for those who want to go this route and stay on the OB7 bootloader. For all others who have updated to OG5 via ota update or the tar via odin then this doesn't apply.