• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM|Stockish|ROOTED|NO KNOX] 11/15/15 Sprint TouchWiz Lollipop 5.1.1 (N910PVPU4COJ6)

Search This thread

lordtigger

Jun 22, 2010
Guys should read the first post. Clearly states its a stock rom.nothing more.so no hot spot wouldn't be modded

Sent from my 0x1 Note 4...... I love tep

That might mean that to you. But if it's the stock rom, then why use it? I already have the stock rom.

But it's not really exactly like the stock rom right? It's even called a stockish rom. Plus, I don't even understand how any of that works. I assumed you root your phone and slap on an aftermarket rom then whatever little thing doesn't let the hotspot work would be gone. It's not really a case of not reading the OP, just a case of not understanding everything :)

Thanks for the ROM recommendation, that was really helpful, I'll check them out.

kaos420

Dec 21, 2007
dantes inferno
That might mean that to you. But if it's the stock rom, then why use it? I already have the stock rom.

But it's not really exactly like the stock rom right? It's even called a stockish rom. Plus, I don't even understand how any of that works. I assumed you root your phone and slap on an aftermarket rom then whatever little thing doesn't let the hotspot work would be gone. It's not really a case of not reading the OP, just a case of not understanding everything :)

Thanks for the ROM recommendation, that was really helpful, I'll check them out.
If understanding. "Here's a Stockish ROM for your N910P. This ROM has Knox,*Sprint*ItsOn, and secure storage removed. Nothing else was done to this ROM. I'm new to the Note 4 so I may upload patches to remove any other traces of Knox or ItsOn or optimizations I happen to find while making my own ROM." Doesnt explain it enough. Maybe you shouldnt be rooting.or at least jumping in with out reading and learning basics first.

lordtigger

Jun 22, 2010
. Maybe you shouldnt be rooting.or at least jumping in with out reading and learning basics first.

That's fair. What do you suggest? Maybe I should play around with moving the little icons on my screen more first? Or like, download some themes and change the colors on my phone a little? Would that give me the basic knowledge I need so that when I root and install a ROM successfully on my 4th phone I don't ask a question you deem to be completely absurd, even when I preface it with "hey guys I'm a total newb and don't know anything but I'm super appreciative for your help"?

Just let me know, thanks.

Reactions: hendav

vivrosh

Sep 1, 2010
Is anyone having this issue
I am keep getting this for reboot .running deodex

Attachments

• 1449181048886.jpg
    1449181048886.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 403
Reactions: DrKaotica

ianmb

Mar 15, 2010
Fort Recovery

That usually happens if the phone was not properly set up during initial Odin of stock tar. You could re Odin stock tar, set up basic things, run phone for about 10-15 minutes making sure you dont get same pop-up message. When all is well, Odin custom recovery then re-flash a rooted ROM.

Reactions: vivrosh

DrKaotica

Feb 18, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

YES. I came here to post this.

I odined stock OJ6 (full stock tar). Odined recovery, ran cm for a few days.

Missed WI-FI calling so I just wiped in recovery and flashed this zip. I've been getting it a few times a day.

Also netflix won't connect but who knows if that's actually rom related.

ianmb

Mar 15, 2010
Fort Recovery
Reactions: DrKaotica

JFay22

Dec 14, 2012
Pensacola
I can make a bootloader odin flashable. Wasn't aware anybody wanted one lol

Baseband? Yes :)
@freeza I am on stock rooted OJ6 with your Beastmode 1.0 OG5 kernel. I would like to have an ODIN flashable stock OJ6 bootloader if it wouldn't be too much trouble...just in case I modify anything and need to reflash bootloader. Thank you so much for all that you do. One last quick question, the OJ6 kernel that is in this ROM, should I upgrade to this one or stay on Beastmode 1.0 OG5 permissive on my stock rooted OJ6 setup? Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Reactions: samep

madbat99

Mar 1, 2014
That's fair. What do you suggest? Maybe I should play around with moving the little icons on my screen more first? Or like, download some themes and change the colors on my phone a little? Would that give me the basic knowledge I need so that when I root and install a ROM successfully on my 4th phone I don't ask a question you deem to be completely absurd, even when I preface it with "hey guys I'm a total newb and don't know anything but I'm super appreciative for your help"?

Just let me know, thanks.

I think they just meant that it didn't say anything about hotspot mod in op. For what it's worth, almost all roms list all of their features and mods in the original post. That is what's meant by basic knowledge. But if you want hotspot, I believe this should help you.
I think you got the replies you got because your post sounded like a gripe. As if you were complaining that op wasn't clear or written poorly. As if it should state " hotspot has not been modded". There are users here that are very loyal and appreciative of developers work, and they take it personally when it seems like someone is "attacking" their favorite devs work. And then of course you feel attacked for being singled out and embarrassed for overlooking something. All misunderstandings, all understandable. Have fun and don't be afraid to ask questions, as long as you've done the reading.

Last edited:

bigbabo

Apr 22, 2009
Tried note 5 port ,this rom, hybrid rom and all making my phone lag not just simple lag it freezes my phone for 15 sec i cant press anything even power button is not responsive and after 15 sec everything i pressed prior it all starts happening in the flash i did full wipe including data wipe and it happens every time please someone shed some light before i throw this n4 against the wall

dakidobf

Jul 12, 2007
Tried note 5 port ,this rom, hybrid rom and all making my phone lag not just simple lag it freezes my phone for 15 sec i cant press anything even power button is not responsive and after 15 sec everything i pressed prior it all starts happening in the flash i did full wipe including data wipe and it happens every time please someone shed some light before i throw this n4 against the wall
Same thing is happening to me. Phone freeezes up for like 5-8 seconds. Sometimes it will go back to what I was doing, others the screen will clear only showing my screensaver, then it jumps to the lock screen. I've tried a few different ROMs and I'm thinking its the kernel.

milan102

Aug 28, 2015

Omg same thing is happening to me. It's really getting out of hand, and I have to do a battery pull.

The guy above me says its the kernel, so any way to fix it?

Same thing is happening to me. Phone freeezes up for like 5-8 seconds. Sometimes it will go back to what I was doing, others the screen will clear only showing my screensaver, then it jumps to the lock screen. I've tried a few different ROMs and I'm thinking its the kernel.

How would we fix this issue? I'm not good with kernel stuff

bigbabo

Apr 22, 2009
Omg same thing is happening to me. It's really getting out of hand, and I have to do a battery pull.

The guy above me says its the kernel, so any way to fix it?

How would we fix this issue? I'm not good with kernel stuff

I flashed emotional kernel i think thats the name of it lol and problem went away but than i fried my phone somehow not kernel related or it could be ill never know as the phone is dead as it can be i cant flash anything with odin i can flash rom and restore my backups but that bout it

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Free mobile app

samep

Dec 8, 2011
Does this ROM work with a phone that is on 5.0.1? I rooted before the 5.1.1 update.

If you can Odin the OJ6 baseband found in OP, that should be enough. Personally, I prefer updating to latest with Odin but I did hold onto the OB7 bootloader until OJ6 update, myself.

If you're considering Wanam unofficial Xposed framework, I'd recommend the deodexed ROM. Less issues; compatible with system application add-ons.

r2awes

Nov 30, 2014
Bugs

@freeza I found a bug where it disables my ability to use Sprint services (i.e. data, calling, text). Any help with how to fix it?

---------- Post added at 05:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 AM ----------

If you can Odin the OJ6 baseband found in OP, that should be enough. Personally, I prefer updating to latest with Odin but I did hold onto the OB7 bootloader until OJ6 update, myself.

If you're considering Wanam unofficial Xposed framework, I'd recommend the deodexed ROM. Less issues; compatible with system application add-ons.

Thanks. I tried the Deoxed version but somehow it disabled my sprint services i.e data, calling, text

samep

Dec 8, 2011
@freeza I found a bug where it disables my ability to use Sprint services (i.e. data, calling, text). Any help with how to fix it?

---------- Post added at 05:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 AM ----------

Thanks. I tried the Deoxed version but somehow it disabled my sprint services i.e data, calling, text
Did you goto Settings/System update and update PRL and profile?

Does your Settings/About device/baseband indicate the OJ6 baseband took? There's a flash instruction for that; first flash is without auto reboot, wait for success!, pull battery and USB, close Odin, flash again with Odin defaults.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's a Stockish ROM for your N910P. This ROM has Knox, Sprint ItsOn, and secure storage removed. Nothing else was done to this ROM. I'm new to the Note 4 so I may upload patches to remove any other traces of Knox or ItsOn or optimizations I happen to find while making my own ROM.

Odex:
    Download
    MD5: e01898c8544a21d505987b95989eadf0

DeOdex:
    Download
    MD5: e05951dfc2b110fa819e4aff23399b61

OJ6 Baseband:
    Download
    MD5: 248ee48a2f85220c0d7ff4b0f9c9d308

Patches and fixes:
    None yet.

[size=+3]DeOdex note:[/size]
    The first boot time for this DeOdex ROM is very long. Approximately 5-8 minutes. Your phone will get hot as the splash screen remains on the yellow Sprint boot animation. I recommend keeping your phone in a cool environment while this is happening. The heat, if not properly checked, can make boot times even longer as the system throttles speed in order to deal with the heat. This doesn't happen on the Odex version.

[size=+3]Install instructions:[/size]
    -Are you currently on the OB7 bootloader and would like to stay on it?
    --Simply flash the baseband with Odin, and the ROM.

-Are you on the update from OTA or flashed the OJ6 TAR?
    --Flash kernel only.

-Are you one of the unlucky ones to take the OTA and hose your system trying to root and are now on another ROM?
    --Flash ROM only.

-Are you on any build after OB7 but not the current OJ6?
    --Flash the baseband and ROM. Bootloader is optional and not available in this thread as of yet.

Wiping is only necessary if you are coming from a different base, such as AOSP/CM. If you are coming from a touchwiz ROM, wiping isn't needed, but won't hurt.

Changelog:
    11/15/15: Update to OJ6
    8/7/15: Initial Release.
    The phone restart thing is due to "itson" in the '/carrier' directory of your phone. Browse there with your root explorer of choice and remove the contents of the itson folder. NOTHING ELSE.

Oh, and OJ6 baseband is up :)
    DeOdex uploaded.
    Uploading deodexed debloated version. :)

I may add a regular deodexed version but as i was testing out the theory to remove google apps for the 491 error, I just left it like that once I fixed the 491...
    Just a FYI. Those of you (like myself) who have never properly updated their phones to OG5 via ota update or odin'd the OG5 rom tar, you should be aware that the carrier partition has changed with OG5 and unless you odin OG5 or take the OG5 ota then you may have connectivity issues, errors, etc. Simply flashing this rom does not write/overwrite some of the missing partitions that the official rom tar writes during flash. I'm working on building a new tar minus the OG5 bootloader. This is what I'm doing for myself personally in order to stay on OB7 bootloader and still do a "full" OG5 update. If I get it done and it works well then I'll share for those who want to go this route and stay on the OB7 bootloader. For all others who have updated to OG5 via ota update or the tar via odin then this doesn't apply.