Hi there;
First off all many thanks for all your work, greatly appreciated:D
I have so far re-flashed the rom 4 times with this settings:

stageui
bios
us160
portrait on and off.

so far in my device i found...
Dell stage music widget does not play any music.
The phone icon in the Dell launcher says "no application installed"
When using the android launcher, it always starts in landscape mode whend rebooting and it stays that way.

Te above problems are minor as far as im concerned but a bigger problem just cropped up,
battery charging has been disabled by the device due to abnormal temperature so the device says, problem is the battery temp is not even warm, compared to my galaxy s last battery that reached 50c before the device warn me about it.

I love this rom, but infortunately i must restore back to 2.2 as i m unable to charge the battery.

Thank you, and keep up the good work:)

Reactions: sdcarter1

MGA2009

Jul 21, 2009
GREAT ROM!!

BUGS:
1-. When I install an app. from market and the notification bar shows "Installing..." and after that "Installed..." (or any message in the notification bar...) it overlaps with the notification bar clock. It looks weird, and it would be better to move the clock back to the right. Any way to do this? Or just disable it...

FORGOT TO MENTION: THIS HAPPENS IN PORTRAIT MODE USING DPI OF 180 (probably this is the reason... will install with default 160)

Very very little bug...

great work!! MAny thanks!!

Last edited:
Reactions: macqueyl

androidunia

Jan 21, 2011
Malaysia
Can't stand....

Guys,

Can't stand to wait so just installked after nandroid backup previous rom...:p

First impression,
I though my DS5 became 5" computer when first boot (you will know why if install.. :D) ..

Oh... super fast loading !!!!!!
And, there is reboot option when power off !!

try to reboot ~~~~~

Oh... again looks like normal computer boots.. ( believe this is bootanimation, now...), again loading is soooo fast !! :D

Will post after testing... but first I realized ..

USSD Code not running ??

ANyway, thanks soooo much, Steve~~;)

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 AM ----------

I cannot see the install button in the market when install "ES File Explore"...

I believe this is because of LCD Density I set as 200.. this is not a rom problem coz same problem with other custom roms before I installed.
With market 3.3.11, it showed as "You device is not compatible...." so could not install, too.:mad:

Anyway, hope to keep Density as 200 to enjoy DS5's BIG screen with reading articles and e-mails comfortably.

Is there any solution ? Use market lower version will be the solution ??:rolleyes:

Thks, guys..

Last edited:

crslaytor

Dec 5, 2008
im installing it for 5th time and its giving me FC on everything once it boots and I unlock it.. just slide the unlock and it is full with FC messages.
any ideas?

jitin02

Mar 17, 2009
Unknown
www.safaribikes.com
Installed fast n smooth but the market cant even install any app and the data speed is really slow for me
But all the above are bearable .

Thanks dj n fards for your hard work
Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App

markdexter

Oct 24, 2010
im installing it for 5th time and its giving me FC on everything once it boots and I unlock it.. just slide the unlock and it is full with FC messages.
any ideas?

when you install this wipe your external sd clean (backup first) if you can try to reinstall apps from market, sometimes Titanium backup causes issues.
Make sure you followed instructions EXACTLY.
Make sure you wipe cache, dalvik, data, before install then after, then do a DEll Factory reset. JUST TO BE SAFE.

And yes I agree, I can see why steve hates this place. Same questions again and again. Lack of common sense

korenitz

Jan 2, 2009
just installed.
looks great, feels great!!!
great job!
beta testers, also did a great job
one word sums it up:
wow!!!

Bayton

Jul 10, 2009
Faringdon
I can't say I have suffered any issues beyond the gallery not loading any pictures at all.
Is this a known bug? I didn't see it reported.

Sent from my Dell Streak

puchg350

Oct 16, 2010
Yokohama, Japan
Just installed. Installation was very smooth. But I have problem installing some apps like skype, quick office pro, flash player etc. etc. The install button does not appear with these apps. With some other apps, it appears and works fine. I thought it would have something to do with the density, so tested with 180 which I like and 140 which is too small for my old eyes. But both did not work. Then I used market eabler (yes, this app was was able to install) and changed settings, but still did not work. I am not sure if I am the only one experiencing this, but just wondering if this has something to do with this rom.

I admire steve's work, so hope to make this rom work.

D

Deleted member 2457518

Installed and been working flawlessly, install.txt was

portrait
noapps
noswype

Occasionally a game will hang (angry birds season's) but this is really minor (to the point where I have unInstalled angry birds)
Overclocked to 1.19Ghz with smartassV2 governor, aggressive memory management using system tuner pro.
One thing I noticed though, the SD card cache defaulted to 8192kb instead of the usual 128kb with sio scheduling. I usually set it 2048kb after a rom flash. Works nice and smooth though.
Keep up the great work and don't let the trolls get you down!
Sent from my Dell Streak

androidunia

Jan 21, 2011
Malaysia
Same problem for me...

Just installed. Installation was very smooth. But I have problem installing some apps like skype, quick office pro, flash player etc. etc. The install button does not appear with these apps. With some other apps, it appears and works fine. I thought it would have something to do with the density, so tested with 180 which I like and 140 which is too small for my old eyes. But both did not work. Then I used market eabler (yes, this app was was able to install) and changed settings, but still did not work. I am not sure if I am the only one experiencing this, but just wondering if this has something to do with this rom.

I admire steve's work, so hope to make this rom work.

Oh.. means this problem is not because of Density.....
How about USSD Code ? Nobody has problem ?

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
Installation was smooth and efficient and the ROM is blazing fast. Go Launcher EX though seems to not like StreakDroid much. I have to check things out, but as it stands right about now, rebooting causes random icons and widgets to disappear from the screens.

waichai

Jul 7, 2007
Installation was smooth and efficient and the ROM is blazing fast. Go Launcher EX though seems to not like StreakDroid much. I have to check things out, but as it stands right about now, rebooting causes random icons and widgets to disappear from the screens.

i have the same problem as you. i use ADWLauncher EX instead, and it's working perfectly.

bjtrue52

Oct 21, 2007
These apps all install fine for me. I am using 160 on my screen density, so maybe give that a try...

I chose 160 because someone said early on in this thread that 160 gives the best market results...

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App

Reactions: puchg350

androidunia

Jan 21, 2011
Malaysia
Report - FontChanger

Everything was fine except the Market and USSD Code...

Set density as 200 when installing and re-adjust with "FontChanger" as 180 which is downloaded from the market.. then hang for a few times...
After forced rebooting, it was fine... then changed the font with "FontChanger" again then totally hang from the Dell logo.. could not boot !!:(

I suspect FontChanger cannot be used in this rom.

Wiped out everything and re-installed from the beginning, so far so goooodd...
Fast and no hang....

Just for your information...:rolleyes:

puchg350

Oct 16, 2010
Yokohama, Japan
Thanks, bjtrue52!
The install button for skype appeared. And I like density 160 best.

[EDIT2]
Bug in showing date in Japanese. Wrong word order: 日,11月6 supposed to be 11月6日
Just to report.

Last edited:

asusgarb

Jul 4, 2010
hi everybody, reading all positive comments, i've decided to post here my way to flash this rom, because because i've had problems.

1. format micro sd with an external device an put install.txt and rom fle inside, then put the sd in the phone
2. enter clockworkmod -> wipe data/factory reset; wipe cache
3. enter partition menu -> format boot, system, data, cache
4. enter advanced menu -> wipe dalvik cache
5. flash the rom with install zip from sd and choose a zip file
6. format microsd
7. reboot the phone.

excuse me for the long post, but i wanted so much to use this rom, so i'm here asking for help

P.S. my install.txt has noapps, bios and portrait options

P.P.S. Thanks alot Dj_Steve for this rom, to all testers for theyr work and to everybody who want to read this post and help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GingerStreak 2.4.4 Release Post

A FACTORY RESET IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO ALLOW THIS TO WORK CORRECTLY DUE TO THE NUMBER OF CHANGES, SO BACKUP IS RECOMMENDED

This Release Version incorporates changes in the INSTALLATION PROCESS, please read the options available to you and the correct method of applying them before proceeding to flash the 2.4.4 Zip File!

( Disclaimer : As before, this ROM is heavily updated and still being developed at a fairly rapid pace. Bugs are listed below.)

1.0 > INSTALLATION CHANGES :

With 2.4, several choices must be made before flashing the Zip file via StreakMod or Clockwork Recovery. These choices are made with very simple edits to a Text file ( explained in section 1.2 below )

Important Options Available ( other options are listed below in Section 1.1 ) -

A.Launcher Option : Users may now select their default Launcher of choice before installation. The options available are LauncherPro, ADW, Stage UI and GingerBread Launcher. GingerBread launcher is installed by default if nothing is chosen.

B.Pixel/LCD Density : Default LCD Density can be set during Installation. Values available for selection are : 120,140,180,200 and 240 DPI. also for densitys of 200 or higher a modifed contacts and phone app are installed to allow correct functionality

C.Other Settings : Other settings available include -
    •us120/140/180/200/240 -
    (installs build.prop with USA related Region Settings and an LCD Density of 120140/180/200/240)
    •bios
    ( installs the Streak BIOS Bootanimation )
    •noapps
    (this will install an absolute base system with no additional apps installed and the gingerbread launcher as the default launcher)

1.1 > INSTALLATION HOW TO

A. You will need to create a text file on your Streak's MicroSD Card. The file can be created in your Text Editor of choice ( such as Notepad ).

B.This file will be called 'install.txt' - Ensure that this is the exact syntax and that the file is saved with a '.txt' suffix.

C.This file must be saved in the root of the sd card.

E.Inside this text file, you may type each option that you select on a separate line. All the options available to you are listed below. Here is an example :

Code:
    adwlauncher
    bios

That is it. You can save this text file as install.txt
    You will then boot into recovery ( StreakMod or Clockwork ) and begin the Zip file installation process as usual.

! The full list of Options available are as follows :

Code:
    noapps - this will install an absolute base system with no additional apps installed and the gingerbread launcher as the default launcher

adwlauncher - this installs adw launcher Launcher

launcherpro - this installs launcherpro Launcher

stageui - this installs dells Stage UI Launcher (the 1.6 version from 2.2.2 rather than the 1.5 from gb)

density120 - sets lcd_density to 120 by default

density140 - sets lcd_density to 140 by default

density180 - sets lcd_density to 180 by default

density200 - sets lcd_density to 200 by default

density240 - sets lcd_density to 240 by default

arabic - add arabic mod - will break gps

us120 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 120)

us140 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 140)

us160 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 160)

us180 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 180)

us200 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 200)

us240 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 240)

bios - installs the Streak BIOS Bootanimation thanks to Fone_Fanatic and Frysee 

noswype - removes the preinstalled swype install to allow swype beta to work

zeam - installs the zeam launcher, a free open source launcher designed to be small and fast. 

portrait - installs modified files for portrait lockscreen

2.0 > OVERVIEW/SUMMARY OF INSTALLATION PROCESS

1.Download GingerStreak-2.4.4.zip from the links below
    2.Place Zip file into Root of SD Card
    3.Make a text file and type in the options you would like to chose as shown above.
    4.Save file under SDCard>install.txt
    5.Boot into StreakMod or Clockwork Recovery
    6.Select Update from Zip File > Select Zip File From SD Card > GingerStreak-2.4.4.Zip
    7.Wait for installation.
    8.First Boot may take longer than a normal boot. Things are being installed, stuff is being generated. Patience.
    9.Enjoy.

Most Recent Stable Version: v2.4.4

-----------------
    Changelogs
    -----------------

changelog:
    added cifs support to kernel
    added reboot option to power menu
    hopefully fixed slow animation of crt anim
    updated system apps(gmail,market,facebook)
    fixed voice search FC
    Updated Busybox, SU Binary and Superuser app
    Fixed flash video crashes
    Removed twitter - Reinstall from Market
    Added advanced installer back - See below
    Fixed Alarm Crash

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Please if you can and are able to donate to help me upgrade my compile server in preperation for the imminent arrival of ICS :) - any amount will be highly appreciated
    GBP Donate | USD Donate

Rom Download Links:
    Primary Download Site: http://mirror2.strea...treak-2.4.4.zip

YOU MUST FLASH THE BELOW BASEBAND AND DSP1 IMAGES TO ALLOW THIS BUILD TO WORK CORRECTLY!!

Baseband File Download:
    Mirror 1: http://mirror2.strea...id.com/amss.mbn

DSP1 File Download:
    Mirror 1: http://mirror2.strea...id.com/dsp1.mbn

Quick How to for flashing the above files - assuming you already have fastboot setup and configures on your pc.
    1. reboot your streak and hold the camera button down until you get a white screen, then hit the fastboot option in the top left corner.
    2. connect to pc and wait for streak to show FASTBOOT_MODE
    3. run the following commands to flash the baseband and dsp1 then reboot
    Code:
    fastboot -i 0x413c flash amss amss.mbn
    fastboot -i 0x413c flash dsp1 dsp1.mbn
    fastboot -i 0x413c reboot

Please if you can and are able to donate to help me upgrade my compile server in preperation for the imminent arrival of ICS :) - any amount will be highly appreciated
    GBP Donate | USD Donate

Thanks to:
    Everyone for suggesting things they want adding
    ALL the BETA testers who put up with multiple screwed up builds and multiple dell logo freezes to get this working, couldn of done it without you all
    everyone else for just jumping in and helping each other, thats the true community sprit that makes me do this sort of dev for android and not some other mobile os.
    everyone else who helped/is helping
    ALL THE TESTERS DESERVE HUGE THANKS FOR THEIR HELP EVERYONE !!
    thank you man! (i just wish to add a quick heads up: most apps will show as "not compatible" with your phone in the android market (both web interface and new 3.x app) if you specify an LCD density different than 160 or 240 - keep that in mind!)
    Where did you get the kernel from,can you please provide the link?
    Is this the place to download it :
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19324551&postcount=1 ?

Thank you for your feedback.

Link to GX kernel post.
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20206397&postcount=1
    I just made a small contribution ($15) for the Dell Streak 5 ICS project ;)
    any ideas?

Boot into recovery and do a reset from the first screen.