Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DJ_Steve

Apr 10, 2007
sunderland
www.dmpwap.net
GingerStreak 2.4.4 Release Post

A FACTORY RESET IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO ALLOW THIS TO WORK CORRECTLY DUE TO THE NUMBER OF CHANGES, SO BACKUP IS RECOMMENDED

This Release Version incorporates changes in the INSTALLATION PROCESS, please read the options available to you and the correct method of applying them before proceeding to flash the 2.4.4 Zip File!

( Disclaimer : As before, this ROM is heavily updated and still being developed at a fairly rapid pace. Bugs are listed below.)

1.0 > INSTALLATION CHANGES :

With 2.4, several choices must be made before flashing the Zip file via StreakMod or Clockwork Recovery. These choices are made with very simple edits to a Text file ( explained in section 1.2 below )

Important Options Available ( other options are listed below in Section 1.1 ) -

A.Launcher Option : Users may now select their default Launcher of choice before installation. The options available are LauncherPro, ADW, Stage UI and GingerBread Launcher. GingerBread launcher is installed by default if nothing is chosen.

B.Pixel/LCD Density : Default LCD Density can be set during Installation. Values available for selection are : 120,140,180,200 and 240 DPI. also for densitys of 200 or higher a modifed contacts and phone app are installed to allow correct functionality

C.Other Settings : Other settings available include -
•us120/140/180/200/240 -
(installs build.prop with USA related Region Settings and an LCD Density of 120140/180/200/240)
•bios
( installs the Streak BIOS Bootanimation )
•noapps
(this will install an absolute base system with no additional apps installed and the gingerbread launcher as the default launcher)

1.1 > INSTALLATION HOW TO

A. You will need to create a text file on your Streak's MicroSD Card. The file can be created in your Text Editor of choice ( such as Notepad ).

B.This file will be called 'install.txt' - Ensure that this is the exact syntax and that the file is saved with a '.txt' suffix.

C.This file must be saved in the root of the sd card.

E.Inside this text file, you may type each option that you select on a separate line. All the options available to you are listed below. Here is an example :

Code:
adwlauncher
bios

That is it. You can save this text file as install.txt
You will then boot into recovery ( StreakMod or Clockwork ) and begin the Zip file installation process as usual.

! The full list of Options available are as follows :

Code:
noapps - this will install an absolute base system with no additional apps installed and the gingerbread launcher as the default launcher

adwlauncher - this installs adw launcher Launcher

launcherpro - this installs launcherpro Launcher

stageui - this installs dells Stage UI Launcher (the 1.6 version from 2.2.2 rather than the 1.5 from gb)

density120 - sets lcd_density to 120 by default

density140 - sets lcd_density to 140 by default

density180 - sets lcd_density to 180 by default

density200 - sets lcd_density to 200 by default

density240 - sets lcd_density to 240 by default

arabic - add arabic mod - will break gps

us120 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 120)

us140 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 140)

us160 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 160)

us180 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 180)

us200 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 200)

us240 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 240)

bios - installs the Streak BIOS Bootanimation thanks to Fone_Fanatic and Frysee 

noswype - removes the preinstalled swype install to allow swype beta to work

zeam - installs the zeam launcher, a free open source launcher designed to be small and fast. 

portrait - installs modified files for portrait lockscreen

2.0 > OVERVIEW/SUMMARY OF INSTALLATION PROCESS

1.Download GingerStreak-2.4.4.zip from the links below
2.Place Zip file into Root of SD Card
3.Make a text file and type in the options you would like to chose as shown above.
4.Save file under SDCard>install.txt
5.Boot into StreakMod or Clockwork Recovery
6.Select Update from Zip File > Select Zip File From SD Card > GingerStreak-2.4.4.Zip
7.Wait for installation.
8.First Boot may take longer than a normal boot. Things are being installed, stuff is being generated. Patience.
9.Enjoy.

Most Recent Stable Version: v2.4.4

-----------------
Changelogs
-----------------

changelog:
added cifs support to kernel
added reboot option to power menu
hopefully fixed slow animation of crt anim
updated system apps(gmail,market,facebook)
fixed voice search FC
Updated Busybox, SU Binary and Superuser app
Fixed flash video crashes
Removed twitter - Reinstall from Market
Added advanced installer back - See below
Fixed Alarm Crash

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Please if you can and are able to donate to help me upgrade my compile server in preperation for the imminent arrival of ICS :) - any amount will be highly appreciated
GBP Donate | USD Donate

Rom Download Links:
Primary Download Site: http://mirror2.strea...treak-2.4.4.zip

YOU MUST FLASH THE BELOW BASEBAND AND DSP1 IMAGES TO ALLOW THIS BUILD TO WORK CORRECTLY!!

Baseband File Download:
Mirror 1: http://mirror2.strea...id.com/amss.mbn

DSP1 File Download:
Mirror 1: http://mirror2.strea...id.com/dsp1.mbn

Quick How to for flashing the above files - assuming you already have fastboot setup and configures on your pc.
1. reboot your streak and hold the camera button down until you get a white screen, then hit the fastboot option in the top left corner.
2. connect to pc and wait for streak to show FASTBOOT_MODE
3. run the following commands to flash the baseband and dsp1 then reboot
Code:
fastboot -i 0x413c flash amss amss.mbn
fastboot -i 0x413c flash dsp1 dsp1.mbn
fastboot -i 0x413c reboot

Please if you can and are able to donate to help me upgrade my compile server in preperation for the imminent arrival of ICS :) - any amount will be highly appreciated
GBP Donate | USD Donate

Thanks to:
Everyone for suggesting things they want adding
ALL the BETA testers who put up with multiple screwed up builds and multiple dell logo freezes to get this working, couldn of done it without you all
everyone else for just jumping in and helping each other, thats the true community sprit that makes me do this sort of dev for android and not some other mobile os.
everyone else who helped/is helping
ALL THE TESTERS DESERVE HUGE THANKS FOR THEIR HELP EVERYONE !!

crashDebug

Dec 23, 2008
Biella
thank you man! (i just wish to add a quick heads up: most apps will show as "not compatible" with your phone in the android market (both web interface and new 3.x app) if you specify an LCD density different than 160 or 240 - keep that in mind!)

Reactions: anthm and macqueyl

amf

Nov 17, 2006
Thanks Steve!

EDIT:

No more FCs except for the mail/Exchange app-- hope you can do something about it in the next release.

Last edited:

johnnyPPK

Dec 13, 2010
looks good and very fast.
thank you!

one question: why this rom shows android version of 2.3.3 in settings?

asusgarb

Jul 4, 2010
:Dgreat! start download immediately. only one question. can this rom be overclocked to 1267 or it will restart after a fewntime like streakdroid 1.9.1? :D

crexa

Jun 28, 2011
Made a donation. Hope it'll help. Your roms are really fast. Only the lack of stability is what need to be reduced - I already had two LC's on 2.4.3 for 1 day. Will try this now.

Last edited:

prudviraj

Aug 6, 2007
Los Angeles
should we reflash AMSS and DSP1 once again? im on Streak 2.4.3

should we reflash AMSS and DSP1 once again? im on Streak 2.4.3

prudviraj

Aug 6, 2007
Los Angeles
Install.txt tweek doesnt seem to work.. any ideas Guys?

I placed the install.txt with density140 no swype as per the instructions in the root of SDcard. Installed multiple times but couldn't get it to work.
Any ideas greatly appreciated.. :confused:

Hilarious.. the problem is i am actually naming it as install.txt.txt and since the extension of the file type is hidden i did not realize it untill i watched it closely.. Everything seems to work fine...
Thanks for all the suggestions

Thanks,
Raj

Last edited:

sturmavik

Mar 30, 2008
Copenhagen
I placed the install.txt with density140 no swype as per the instructions in the root of SDcard. Installed multiple times but couldn't get it to work.
Any ideas greatly appreciated.. :confused:

Thanks,
Raj

Be sure your install.txt actually has the options saved in it. I made an install.txt in Linux and each time I opened the file it was empty. Used Windows and everything worked fine. You used noswype and not no swype, right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GingerStreak 2.4.4 Release Post

A FACTORY RESET IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO ALLOW THIS TO WORK CORRECTLY DUE TO THE NUMBER OF CHANGES, SO BACKUP IS RECOMMENDED

This Release Version incorporates changes in the INSTALLATION PROCESS, please read the options available to you and the correct method of applying them before proceeding to flash the 2.4.4 Zip File!

( Disclaimer : As before, this ROM is heavily updated and still being developed at a fairly rapid pace. Bugs are listed below.)

1.0 > INSTALLATION CHANGES :

With 2.4, several choices must be made before flashing the Zip file via StreakMod or Clockwork Recovery. These choices are made with very simple edits to a Text file ( explained in section 1.2 below )

Important Options Available ( other options are listed below in Section 1.1 ) -

A.Launcher Option : Users may now select their default Launcher of choice before installation. The options available are LauncherPro, ADW, Stage UI and GingerBread Launcher. GingerBread launcher is installed by default if nothing is chosen.

B.Pixel/LCD Density : Default LCD Density can be set during Installation. Values available for selection are : 120,140,180,200 and 240 DPI. also for densitys of 200 or higher a modifed contacts and phone app are installed to allow correct functionality

C.Other Settings : Other settings available include -
    •us120/140/180/200/240 -
    (installs build.prop with USA related Region Settings and an LCD Density of 120140/180/200/240)
    •bios
    ( installs the Streak BIOS Bootanimation )
    •noapps
    (this will install an absolute base system with no additional apps installed and the gingerbread launcher as the default launcher)

1.1 > INSTALLATION HOW TO

A. You will need to create a text file on your Streak's MicroSD Card. The file can be created in your Text Editor of choice ( such as Notepad ).

B.This file will be called 'install.txt' - Ensure that this is the exact syntax and that the file is saved with a '.txt' suffix.

C.This file must be saved in the root of the sd card.

E.Inside this text file, you may type each option that you select on a separate line. All the options available to you are listed below. Here is an example :

Code:
    adwlauncher
    bios

That is it. You can save this text file as install.txt
    You will then boot into recovery ( StreakMod or Clockwork ) and begin the Zip file installation process as usual.

! The full list of Options available are as follows :

Code:
    noapps - this will install an absolute base system with no additional apps installed and the gingerbread launcher as the default launcher

adwlauncher - this installs adw launcher Launcher

launcherpro - this installs launcherpro Launcher

stageui - this installs dells Stage UI Launcher (the 1.6 version from 2.2.2 rather than the 1.5 from gb)

density120 - sets lcd_density to 120 by default

density140 - sets lcd_density to 140 by default

density180 - sets lcd_density to 180 by default

density200 - sets lcd_density to 200 by default

density240 - sets lcd_density to 240 by default

arabic - add arabic mod - will break gps

us120 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 120)

us140 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 140)

us160 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 160)

us180 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 180)

us200 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 200)

us240 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 240)

bios - installs the Streak BIOS Bootanimation thanks to Fone_Fanatic and Frysee 

noswype - removes the preinstalled swype install to allow swype beta to work

zeam - installs the zeam launcher, a free open source launcher designed to be small and fast. 

portrait - installs modified files for portrait lockscreen

2.0 > OVERVIEW/SUMMARY OF INSTALLATION PROCESS

1.Download GingerStreak-2.4.4.zip from the links below
    2.Place Zip file into Root of SD Card
    3.Make a text file and type in the options you would like to chose as shown above.
    4.Save file under SDCard>install.txt
    5.Boot into StreakMod or Clockwork Recovery
    6.Select Update from Zip File > Select Zip File From SD Card > GingerStreak-2.4.4.Zip
    7.Wait for installation.
    8.First Boot may take longer than a normal boot. Things are being installed, stuff is being generated. Patience.
    9.Enjoy.

Most Recent Stable Version: v2.4.4

-----------------
    Changelogs
    -----------------

changelog:
    added cifs support to kernel
    added reboot option to power menu
    hopefully fixed slow animation of crt anim
    updated system apps(gmail,market,facebook)
    fixed voice search FC
    Updated Busybox, SU Binary and Superuser app
    Fixed flash video crashes
    Removed twitter - Reinstall from Market
    Added advanced installer back - See below
    Fixed Alarm Crash

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

GBP Donate | USD Donate

Rom Download Links:
    Primary Download Site: http://mirror2.strea...treak-2.4.4.zip

YOU MUST FLASH THE BELOW BASEBAND AND DSP1 IMAGES TO ALLOW THIS BUILD TO WORK CORRECTLY!!

Baseband File Download:
    Mirror 1: http://mirror2.strea...id.com/amss.mbn

DSP1 File Download:
    Mirror 1: http://mirror2.strea...id.com/dsp1.mbn

Quick How to for flashing the above files - assuming you already have fastboot setup and configures on your pc.
    1. reboot your streak and hold the camera button down until you get a white screen, then hit the fastboot option in the top left corner.
    2. connect to pc and wait for streak to show FASTBOOT_MODE
    3. run the following commands to flash the baseband and dsp1 then reboot
    Code:
    fastboot -i 0x413c flash amss amss.mbn
    fastboot -i 0x413c flash dsp1 dsp1.mbn
    fastboot -i 0x413c reboot

GBP Donate | USD Donate

Thanks to:
    Everyone for suggesting things they want adding
    ALL the BETA testers who put up with multiple screwed up builds and multiple dell logo freezes to get this working, couldn of done it without you all
    everyone else for just jumping in and helping each other, thats the true community sprit that makes me do this sort of dev for android and not some other mobile os.
    everyone else who helped/is helping
    ALL THE TESTERS DESERVE HUGE THANKS FOR THEIR HELP EVERYONE !!
    thank you man! (i just wish to add a quick heads up: most apps will show as "not compatible" with your phone in the android market (both web interface and new 3.x app) if you specify an LCD density different than 160 or 240 - keep that in mind!)
    Where did you get the kernel from,can you please provide the link?
    Is this the place to download it :
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19324551&postcount=1 ?

Thank you for your feedback.

Link to GX kernel post.
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20206397&postcount=1
    I just made a small contribution ($15) for the Dell Streak 5 ICS project ;)
    im installing it for 5th time and its giving me FC on everything once it boots and I unlock it.. just slide the unlock and it is full with FC messages.
    any ideas?

Boot into recovery and do a reset from the first screen.