[ROM]StreaksMI Alpha 1 (MIUI For Streak)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DJ_Steve

Apr 10, 2007
sunderland
www.dmpwap.net
ok folks you all probably know what ive been working on for the last few days.

i now am proud to release the first ALPHA level build of my MIUI port for Dell Streak.

their is alot of unfinished areas in this build but it is stable and seems to work fine for browsing etc

Please feel free to donate to my work if you find it useful :D - any amount is appreciated
GBP Donate | USD Donate

Known Issues:
Screen is locked in upside down portrait for moment until i work out how the f* dell have done the rotation.
Music Playback DOES NOT work
Headphones Are not registered normally
Camera is borked for now (non critical issue at moment)
i think thats all of them

Whats Working:
Touch
3D/2D GFX
Phone/mobile data
WiFi
Bluetooth
Screen Brightness
Usb/charging

so all in all quite alot is sorted and working fine now.

installation:
a FACTORY RESET IS REQUIRED !! or you will have force closes if it even boots

download links:
Primary Server: http://downloads.streakdroid.com/djsteve/Streaksmi.zip

EDIT: if you get error 4 with the above link please try http://downloads.streakdroid.com/djsteve/StreaksMI.ip and rename it sto .zip then try flashing - seems some devices will flash one and some the other

flash using clockwork recovery as per my normal roms, i doubt it will flash in mistadmans recovery

required the baseband from streakdroid 1.2+

EDIT: screenshots attached

Please feel free to donate to my work if you find it useful :D - any amount is appreciated
GBP Donate | USD Donate

Attachments

• screenshot_9.jpg
    screenshot_9.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 6,484
  • screenshot_10.jpg
    screenshot_10.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 8,981
  • screenshot_11.jpg
    screenshot_11.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 5,284
  • screenshot_12.jpg
    screenshot_12.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 6,840
Last edited:

kasperke

Nov 24, 2006
is it hard to make a movie of it? just to have an idea how it looks like :) thanks DJ_Steve

jeckoto

Aug 10, 2010
WOW...This ROM is amazing !!! Great job Stephen...

Even with bugs I keep it ! The UI is wonderful

Now Ive got a 5" Iphone UI with Android...Welcome to paradise...:D

Freakernoid

Dec 4, 2009
As alway, great job Steve, is an amazing fast rom, but i just couldn't get over the fact that i am using a iphone...lol. I am sure this rom is going to be great but its just not for me. Back me 146 i go...

DJ_Steve

Apr 10, 2007
sunderland
www.dmpwap.net
baseband error only shows if your not using the streakdroid updated amss file. and you can have a good at removing more Chinese - this ports only been workedo n for about 2 days (started screwing with it thursdayish)

tina333

Sep 6, 2010
Cornwall
Wow I'm well impressed! I dread to think what trauma it mustve caused altering this to work on streak!

Iphone comments... I had an iphone & loved how it worked, speed, ease of use and the UI but I don't like apple. The iphone UI is very reliable and strong so alot of people like it but apple ruin it by not playing ball! Miui is completely different... looks similar but we all know that looks only get you so far ;)

I flashed from 1.4.6 (don't forget to factory reset) you can flash from 1.2+ (as long as it has steves new baseband)
*LEDs stay permanently on?
*Chinese has gone on most settings, just a few background bits.
*superfast and loads of settings!
*so far I can't root :(

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

tungsifu

Aug 24, 2010
Wow I'm well impressed! I dread to think what trauma it mustve caused altering this to work on streak!

Iphone comments... I had an iphone & loved how it worked, speed, ease of use and the UI but I don't like apple. The iphone UI is very reliable and strong so alot of people like it but apple ruin it by not playing ball! Miui is completely different... looks similar but we all know that looks only get you so far ;)

I flashed from 1.4.6 (don't forget to factory reset) you can flash from 1.2+ (as long as it has steves new baseband)
*LEDs stay permanently on?
*Chinese has gone on most settings, just a few background bits.
*superfast and loads of settings!
*so far I can't root :(

Hot dam Tina your on it, was going to post but it would be a duplicate of yours other than wifi and GPS still not working for me...very lovely work DJ steve, thanks yet again

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App

wugui

Apr 6, 2009
awesome. im going to try it when rotation is fix!

steve: if you need help with chinese, i might be able to assist you. can contact me via twitter ;)

tina333

Sep 6, 2010
Cornwall
Wifi wont work... seems a problem on loads of miui roms? It sticks on a turning on...scanning loop and wont connect?

Any advice steve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok folks you all probably know what ive been working on for the last few days.

i now am proud to release the first ALPHA level build of my MIUI port for Dell Streak.

their is alot of unfinished areas in this build but it is stable and seems to work fine for browsing etc

GBP Donate | USD Donate

Known Issues:
    Screen is locked in upside down portrait for moment until i work out how the f* dell have done the rotation.
    Music Playback DOES NOT work
    Headphones Are not registered normally
    Camera is borked for now (non critical issue at moment)
    i think thats all of them

Whats Working:
    Touch
    3D/2D GFX
    Phone/mobile data
    WiFi
    Bluetooth
    Screen Brightness
    Usb/charging

so all in all quite alot is sorted and working fine now.

installation:
    a FACTORY RESET IS REQUIRED !! or you will have force closes if it even boots

download links:
    Primary Server: http://downloads.streakdroid.com/djsteve/Streaksmi.zip

EDIT: if you get error 4 with the above link please try http://downloads.streakdroid.com/djsteve/StreaksMI.ip and rename it sto .zip then try flashing - seems some devices will flash one and some the other

flash using clockwork recovery as per my normal roms, i doubt it will flash in mistadmans recovery

required the baseband from streakdroid 1.2+

EDIT: screenshots attached

GBP Donate | USD Donate
    Manage to have all sensors working in MIUI ALPHA1!!

Hi Guys,

Just Managed to fix all sensros in MIUI with STEVE's newer kernel from STREAKDROID(AKA GIINGERSTREAK).
    Took backup of Streakdroid 2 and then restore the MIUI backup.
    Then restore the kernel from backup from STREAKDROID 2. One thing i noticed that GPS was working right away. After looking at the LOGCAT found that SENSOR_DAEMON was missing from MIUI /SYSTEM/BIN, Copied sensor_daemon from STREAKDROID 2 to /system/bin in MIUI and VOILA all sensors were registered and working.
    Screen rotation works fine with HELAUNCHER. The problem now is screen seems like registered in LANDSCAPE mode.

Just thought i let you guys know if anyone interested running MIUI.

One more thing WIFI seems like not turning on i guess i am going to use steve's manual method to see if that resolve it.
    Thanks steve, im downloading now...Any screen shots at all? In terms of theme development is it classed as a miui rom?
    This is great work DJ Steve!

And credits to fards for this Dell Streak GB progress!
    I got mine for 199 euros...made also a good deal

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA Premium App