ROM suggestions for HTC ONE M9

Search This thread

hamzaalijoiyah

Aug 26, 2014
Lahore
Hi everyone,
I just got a HTC ONE M9, as my Redmi Note 4 broke. Can you guys please recommend best stable and high performing roms for this device?
I know I might get some flak for being a noob and lazy, but I did try LOS 16 (since I adore stock Android :p) and Stock Deodexed rom, but LOS lags a lot and Stock rom looks outdated :(.
Thanks in advance :)

gregsarg

Apr 8, 2011
B.F.E.
Hi everyone,
I just got a HTC ONE M9, as my Redmi Note 4 broke. Can you guys please recommend best stable and high performing roms for this device?
I know I might get some flak for being a noob and lazy, but I did try LOS 16 (since I adore stock Android :p) and Stock Deodexed rom, but LOS lags a lot and Stock rom looks outdated :(.

I won't give ya any flak for asking the rom question...
The truth is.....nobody can answer that question with any degree of accuracy because we all like different things.

LOS16 is the latest firmware we have...with AICP as well. And bear in mind that our M9's are ancient by today's phone standards.

Lag is just plain going to happen....but...
You can adjust the cores and optimize the experience which generally offers a good improvement.

And I may get flak for this....but if you are running apps like Facebook and instagram and many others....I can tell you that lag will be worse.
Apps like these are memory hogs that eat battery like crazy.

A lean and stripped down LOS 16 flash is fast and smooth.

Give it another try...and use the browser for Facebook and such instead of loading the apps.
It makes a huge difference for me....g

hamzaalijoiyah

Aug 26, 2014
Lahore
The truth is.....nobody can answer that question with any degree of accuracy because we all like different things.

LOS16 is the latest firmware we have...with AICP as well. And bear in mind that our M9's are ancient by today's phone standards.

You can adjust the cores and optimize the experience which generally offers a good improvement.

And I may get flak for this....but if you are running apps like Facebook and instagram and many others....I can tell you that lag will be worse.

Give it another try...and use the browser for Facebook and such instead of loading the apps.

Thanks a lot, mate :) LOS developer is probably going to change CPU governor settings in next build, as some other people reported it lagging too in this build, so will give it another try. It just can't get any better than stock android.:D

Reactions: gregsarg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot, mate :) LOS developer is probably going to change CPU governor settings in next build, as some other people reported it lagging too in this build, so will give it another try. It just can't get any better than stock android.:D