• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][sunfish][OFFICIAL][11] StatiXOS v4.2

Search This thread

Androbots

Recognized Developer
Dec 8, 2014
sourajitk.github.io

stx-2020.png

StatiXOS for Google Pixel 4a (sunfish)

What is StatiXOS?

StatiXOS is a custom ROM based on the Android Open Source Project aiming to be minimal while providing quality of life improvements and up to date security patches.

None.
Please report anything you run into!

For flashing the ROM, you can either use our own recovery images found within the downloads folder and then sideload the build. Alternatively, you can use our fastboot packages: you can flash these directly from fastboot mode by using the command "fastboot update <zip_name.zip>"

Android version: 11
Linux Kernel Version: 4.14
Source code: GitHub
Code Review: Gerrit

Last edited:

kkjb

May 3, 2017
Tried via fastboot, with fastboot erase user data and without...failure of not enough space. Tried via recovery with and without erase data....same results. After every fail redid flash of factory image first too.
Appreciate your work, appears a partition space issue? Here's the screenshots of either approach, same fail.

Attachments

• PXL_20210705_160120300.jpg
    PXL_20210705_160120300.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 82
  • PXL_20210705_155509344.jpg
    PXL_20210705_155509344.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 81

Androbots

Recognized Developer
Dec 8, 2014
sourajitk.github.io
Tried via fastboot, with fastboot erase user data and without...failure of not enough space. Tried via recovery with and without erase data....same results. After every fail redid flash of factory image first too.
Appreciate your work, appears a partition space issue? Here's the screenshots of either approach, same fail.
Interesting, I flashed the fastboot update package here and it seems to be fine here. Also for erasing userdata, I'd recommend you use "fastboot -w". I am assuming you are flashing the package from the actual fastboot mode and then it should reboot to fastbootd and do it's thing.

kkjb

May 3, 2017
Just tried... Used fastboot -w (old memory of old syntax) sorry.
And yep goes into fastbootd and flash via recovery automatically. Still same results. I had tried the flash boot, reboot fastboot, fastbootd then to lineage recovery and both erase or not ...same results (that was my first methods)
Wow thank you for the fast help!!.
Edit1... Thought maybe my adb tools was old. Was prev one so updated to current. Still same results. Darn

Attachments

• PXL_20210705_164336524.jpg
    PXL_20210705_164336524.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 96
  • PXL_20210705_164413033.jpg
    PXL_20210705_164413033.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 96
Last edited:

Androbots

Recognized Developer
Dec 8, 2014
sourajitk.github.io
Just tried... Used fastboot -w (old memory of old syntax) sorry.
And yep goes into fastbootd and flash via recovery automatically. Still same results. I had tried the flash boot, reboot fastboot, fastbootd then to lineage recovery and both erase or not ...same results (that was my first methods)
Wow thank you for the fast help!!.
Edit1... Thought maybe my adb tools was old. Was prev one so updated to current. Still same results. Darn
o_O

miko12312

Sep 11, 2009
Google Pixel 4a
Use the fastboot method installation, not recovery method, rom zip or recovery img on how partitions are incorrect, works but not many customizations also rom has some buggy issues, can you please also share on how you built the rom, made a thread in pixel 4a guides section

Androbots

Recognized Developer
Dec 8, 2014
sourajitk.github.io
July update is here!

Download: https://downloads.statixos.com/11-OFFICIAL/sunfish/fastbootimages/

General changelog: https://downloads.statixos.com/changelog/11/

Device-specific changelog:
• Massive updates to the kernel; it's much more power efficient now as we use optimized frequencies and EAS costs obtained from Freqbench: a benchmark script made by Danny Lin. This improves jitter, overall system smoothness all while actually saving power when your device is not in use (or is being used lightly).
• Debloat qcacld-3.0 config and kill IPAv3 wake lock thus, significantly improving idle drain when connected Wi-Fi (especially 5GHz)
• Suppress various drivers from spamming the logcat and dmesg. Less lines printed per second by the logging services help conserve energy.
• Enable a tick haptic effect as present in stock when revealing the non-expanded QS.
• Boost the GPU when EXPENSIVE_RENDERING (Blur in this case) hints are parsed by the surfaceflinger

Please use the fastboot package and not the OTA package. Thanks for using StatiXOS!

Last edited:

Nov 2, 2014
July update is here!

• Massive updates to the kernel; it's much more power efficient now as we use optimized frequencies and EAS costs obtained from Freqbench: a benchmark script made by Danny Lin. This improves jitter, overall system smoothness all while actually saving power when your device is not in use (or is being used lightly).
• Debloat qcacld-3.0 config and kill IPAv3 wake lock thus, significantly improving idle drain when connected Wi-Fi (especially 5GHz)
• Suppress various drivers from spamming the logcat and dmesg. Less lines printed per second by the logging services help conserve energy.
• Enable a tick haptic effect as present in stock when revealing the non-expanded QS.
• Boost the GPU when EXPENSIVE_RENDERING (Blur in this case) hints are parsed by the surfaceflinger

Please use the fastboot package and not the OTA package. Thanks for using StatiXOS!
My steps:
Reboot to bootloader
Fastboot -w
fastboot update .....
phone stuck at boot screen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What makes this ROM special compared to other ones, like LineageOS or Bliss?
    It ships with my own kernel and just in general, a very minimal (a little too minimal for some) kind of ROM. We only pack what we deem necessary and that results in a pretty clean experience.

stx-2020.png

StatiXOS for Google Pixel 4a (sunfish)

What is StatiXOS?

StatiXOS is a custom ROM based on the Android Open Source Project aiming to be minimal while providing quality of life improvements and up to date security patches.

None.
    Please report anything you run into!

For flashing the ROM, you can either use our own recovery images found within the downloads folder and then sideload the build. Alternatively, you can use our fastboot packages: you can flash these directly from fastboot mode by using the command "fastboot update <zip_name.zip>"

Android version: 11
    Linux Kernel Version: 4.14
    Source code: GitHub
    Code Review: Gerrit
    Anyone help me out with exact steps...
    1. Back everything up.
    2. Download the latest build from here.
    3. Reboot to bootloader (fastboot mode).
    4. Open up a terminal window and start with fastboot -w.
    5. After step 4, type in fastboot update <the location to the file you just downloaded>.
    6. Let it do it's thing.
    7. You should boot into StatiXOS.
    What makes this ROM special compared to other ones, like LineageOS or Bliss?
    It ships with my own kernel and just in general, a very minimal (a little too minimal for some) kind of ROM. We only pack what we deem necessary and that results in a pretty clean experience.
    Check in the “fastbootimages” folder, an OTA package should be up soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Added burn-in protection
    • Properly utilize MaxxAudio paths (thanks to Nathan for pointing this one out). You should be able to perceive the difference. The speakers have much more dynamic range, and the earpiece tweeter sounds fuller.
    • Disabled GL backpressure and surfaceflinger latching. This should improve performance with Blur further. I suggest you give it a shot now if you felt it wasn't a great experience before.
    • Enable Screen Attention.
    • Enable Now Playing.

For eSIM users, I am trying to figure out what's wrong. At the moment, the EUICC service crashes in the background and never actually opens the setup screen where the user is able to download their eSIM.

Note: I have pushed an OTA package and you might've gotten a notification about it through our Updater. If you did, you should be able to just download and install the update from there (let me know if you did or didn't). For clean flashers, I highly recommend you use the fastboot update packages.

Thanks for using StatiXOS!