• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][sunfish][OFFICIAL][11] StatiXOS v4.2

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What makes this ROM special compared to other ones, like LineageOS or Bliss?
    It ships with my own kernel and just in general, a very minimal (a little too minimal for some) kind of ROM. We only pack what we deem necessary and that results in a pretty clean experience.

stx-2020.png

StatiXOS for Google Pixel 4a (sunfish)

What is StatiXOS?

StatiXOS is a custom ROM based on the Android Open Source Project aiming to be minimal while providing quality of life improvements and up to date security patches.

None.
    Please report anything you run into!

For flashing the ROM, you can either use our own recovery images found within the downloads folder and then sideload the build. Alternatively, you can use our fastboot packages: you can flash these directly from fastboot mode by using the command "fastboot update <zip_name.zip>"

Android version: 11
    Linux Kernel Version: 4.14
    Source code: GitHub
    Code Review: Gerrit
    Anyone help me out with exact steps...
    1. Back everything up.
    2. Download the latest build from here.
    3. Reboot to bootloader (fastboot mode).
    4. Open up a terminal window and start with fastboot -w.
    5. After step 4, type in fastboot update <the location to the file you just downloaded>.
    6. Let it do it's thing.
    7. You should boot into StatiXOS.
    What makes this ROM special compared to other ones, like LineageOS or Bliss?
    It ships with my own kernel and just in general, a very minimal (a little too minimal for some) kind of ROM. We only pack what we deem necessary and that results in a pretty clean experience.
    Check in the “fastbootimages” folder, an OTA package should be up soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Download: https://downloads.statixos.com/11-OFFICIAL/sunfish/fastbootimages/

General changelog: https://downloads.statixos.com/changelog/11/

Device-specific changelog:
    • Added burn-in protection
    • Properly utilize MaxxAudio paths (thanks to Nathan for pointing this one out). You should be able to perceive the difference. The speakers have much more dynamic range, and the earpiece tweeter sounds fuller.
    • Disabled GL backpressure and surfaceflinger latching. This should improve performance with Blur further. I suggest you give it a shot now if you felt it wasn't a great experience before.
    • Enable Screen Attention.
    • Enable Now Playing.

For eSIM users, I am trying to figure out what's wrong. At the moment, the EUICC service crashes in the background and never actually opens the setup screen where the user is able to download their eSIM.

Note: I have pushed an OTA package and you might've gotten a notification about it through our Updater. If you did, you should be able to just download and install the update from there (let me know if you did or didn't). For clean flashers, I highly recommend you use the fastboot update packages.

Thanks for using StatiXOS!