LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12L (Sv2), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
Since these builds uses retrofit dynamic partitions, you need to follow these instructions carefully
NOTE: Any other recovery is not supported, only Lineage Recovery will work
NOTE2: This ROM uses FBEv2, any other recovery won't be able to properly format data making Android unbootable, also forget about any sort of decryption
Seriously, just don't use any other recovery
NOTE3: FORGET ABOUT CUSTOM KERNELS, THEY WON'T BOOT
- Make sure your platform-tools (adb and fastboot) are updated
- Download the zip, recovery image and super_empty.img from the latest release
- Flash the recovery from fastboot with
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Go to Advanced > Enter fastboot
- Connect your phone to your PC and enter the following command:
fastboot wipe-super super_empty.img
- Press "Enter recovery" on your phone
- Format data with Factory reset > Format data/factory reset
- Sideload the zip file with Apply update > Apply from ADB and on your PC enter the following command:
adb sideload <zip file>