[ROM] T-Mobile 4.4.2 Stock and Stock Debloated (Wi-Fi Calling) Updated 6/15/14

Search This thread

lankyboy29

Dec 21, 2012
baton rouge
ROM is built from the hard work of dr87. I used THIS ROM - Updater Script - from dr87 as the base for both ROMs.

I have modified both ROMs to work on our Sprint LG G2.

How-to-Update-T-Mobile-LG-G2-to-Android-KitKat-OTA.jpg

INSTRUCTIONS

MAKE A BACKUP FIRST!!!

1. Full wipe (Wipe cache, data, system, dalvik cache)

2. Flash Stock Debloated ROM_V2 or Stock ROM_V2

3. Flash KitKat MODEM

4. Reboot

5. After system reboots, power down, and reboot back into recovery.

6. Flash FIRMWARE

7. Reboot

If needed here is the White Lines Fix

I Followed the directions from yougud. HERE is his original post.​

If I wanted to use Updater Script - from dr87 as the base, as you did, for a verizon vs980 on tmobile...How would I go about doing this??? Can you point me too a starting point?
Thanks.

kryptonite

Feb 19, 2007
If you have a Custom recovery rom and are using this ROM , then DO NOT install the OTA update that you get. If you do then you will be stuck in a recovery loop . There is a solution to fix that , but try not to get there in the first place.

Here is how to resolve it , if you get stuck in the recovery loop, incase you accepted the Tmobile OTA.

from the TWRP terminal command type

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota

then hit enter

type

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc

then hit enter and reboot.

I have now gone back to the Stock ZVD firmware of Sprint , but the Signal Strength (Using GSM and in India) is poor with the stock ZVD rom , it was better with TMOBILE rom V2 that's discussed in this topic, is there any edits / changes I can make to the sprint stock ZVD rom to have the same kind of signal strength as the TMOBILE rom for GSM carriers ?

kryptonite

Feb 19, 2007
That is correct. I took the stock T-Mobile 4.4.2 ROM and I made it completely compatible with our Sprint LG G2, just like Justin's T-Mobile ROM. The only function not working on my ROM is NFC. I am currently re-uploading version 2 of my ROM, which has the video recording function working and the status bar now shows the correct signal strength.

Could you please help me understand how you fixed this " the status bar now shows the correct signal strength" My Signal strength is stuck to 1 bar

safetaga

Jul 9, 2009
If you have a Custom recovery rom and are using this ROM , then DO NOT install the OTA update that you get. If you do then you will be stuck in a recovery loop . There is a solution to fix that , but try not to get there in the first place.

Here is how to resolve it , if you get stuck in the recovery loop, incase you accepted the Tmobile OTA.

I have now gone back to the Stock ZVD firmware of Sprint , but the Signal Strength (Using GSM and in India) is poor with the stock ZVD rom , it was better with TMOBILE rom V2 that's discussed in this topic, is there any edits / changes I can make to the sprint stock ZVD rom to have the same kind of signal strength as the TMOBILE rom for GSM carriers ?

cloudy g3 will be best room for you

bhzmafia

Dec 19, 2007
flash the sprint room t so flash tool will recognize the phone as ls980

I cant..
Says device model is different and to check phone or dll. There was a kdz file that was modded to flash with the new lgflashtool to make your phone say ls980 again instead of d801. Does anyone have it?

klevismartini

Jun 24, 2013
tirana
mic low input

hi, i have a low input on the lower mic the main one.
can you please tell me if we can increase the sensitivity? it work ok on speaker but note that in speaker
mode both mic-s are activated.
im searching all around but nothing.
please help me,

abram823

Jan 1, 2012
Novi Sad
Is there any progress on solving bluetooth problem in calls? (no sound issue)
I am using this rom for a week and I love it, but I need bluetooth to work when I am driving it is not good to answer calls without it. :D

Cltme89

Oct 12, 2011
Atlanta
This rom helps if you have a Straight Talk T-Mobile sim card - Thanks. wish I could figure this wifi calling and lte out though

---------- Post added at 04:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 AM ----------

306 mb update?

2strokenut

Sep 4, 2011
No way to turn off OTA

I've installed this rom on maybe a hundred phones and I've yet to find a way to turn off that annoying ****ing OTA.

Disable services
Autostarts- both do nothing

Going into a file manager, even setting r/w permissions you can't delete the FOTA or the OTAcerts zip.

The best I can do is delete the actualy OTA in the CACHE folder and reboot. But the notification still remains in the notification bar.

If anyone has successfully stopped the notification I'd be tickled to find out how you did it.

apexcell

Jan 14, 2013
I've installed this rom on maybe a hundred phones and I've yet to find a way to turn off that annoying ****ing OTA.

Disable services
Autostarts- both do nothing

Going into a file manager, even setting r/w permissions you can't delete the FOTA or the OTAcerts zip.

The best I can do is delete the actualy OTA in the CACHE folder and reboot. But the notification still remains in the notification bar.

If anyone has successfully stopped the notification I'd be tickled to find out how you did it.

Have you tried long pressing the OTA notification, going into the application info, and unselecting notifications?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ROM is built from the hard work of dr87. I used THIS ROM - Updater Script - from dr87 as the base for both ROMs.

I have modified both ROMs to work on our Sprint LG G2.

How-to-Update-T-Mobile-LG-G2-to-Android-KitKat-OTA.jpg

INSTRUCTIONS

MAKE A BACKUP FIRST!!!

1. Full wipe (Wipe cache, data, system, dalvik cache)

2. Flash Stock Debloated ROM_V2 or Stock ROM_V2

3. Flash KitKat MODEM

4. Reboot

5. After system reboots, power down, and reboot back into recovery.

6. Flash FIRMWARE

7. Reboot

If needed here is the White Lines Fix

I Followed the directions from yougud. HERE is his original post.​
    Not Working

★ NFC
    ★ ........
    ★ ........

Working

★ Wi-Fi Calling
    ★ Wi-Fi
    ★ Mobile Data
    ★ GPS
    ★ Sound
    ★ Sync
    ★ Browser
    ★ Phone
    ★ PlayStore
    ★ Mail, SMS, MMS
    ★ USB Mass Storage
    ★ ......​
    Is the Version 2 stock debloated ROM re uploaded already ?
    PS: This rom is friggin amazing for people who use this sprint version international having the best battery life right now because i've tried 3 different roms none of them went into deep sleep due to wonky network on GSM.

Thanks, I have spend many hours trying to get everything to work just right. It is already uploaded, so you can go ahead, download, and enjoy.
    So this Rom is gsm Unlocked like Justin's T-Mobile Rom? The only difference is that its KitKat based?

That is correct. I took the stock T-Mobile 4.4.2 ROM and I made it completely compatible with our Sprint LG G2, just like Justin's T-Mobile ROM. The only function not working on my ROM is NFC. I am currently re-uploading version 2 of my ROM, which has the video recording function working and the status bar now shows the correct signal strength.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone