• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] T-Mobile froyo firmware 3.4.2 leak (new, signed)

Search This thread

Simplestas

Sep 2, 2010
This is T-Mobile Android 2.2.1 rom 3.4.2 from January 20. Full Blur!
http://www.multiupload.com/ZZ4TU8W7UQ

YOU CANNOT DOWNGRADE AFTER FLASHING THIS FIRMWARE!!!
Remember this release is likely far from final!
You need to wipe before flashing!

Source is some guy at russian forum. He seems to have phone with unlocked bootloader and t-mobile developer network access :rolleyes:

I am not responsible for this.

FAQ
Q: I can't enter recovery!
A: Press both volup+voldown keys instead of lower right screen corner.

Q: I have signal issues!
A: If you're in Europe, use radio fix or baseband switcher.

Q: Which languages are included?
A: english, spanish, french. With morelocale2 you can have partial german (and other languages) translation.

Q: Does root and clockworkmod recovery work?
A: Yes.

Q: Can i skip motoblur registration?
A: No, you can't unless you edit system files or sideload alternate launcher.

Q: How good is camera?
A: Camera problems are reported as fixed in this rom. The only problem reported is 24fps encoder limit set on video recording. Also, this rom (as well as Cliq2 & Chinese rom) does not have 720p codecs.

Last edited:

Higgsy

Oct 16, 2009
Smethvegas
Dunno how this leaked into interwebs and if it's a good thing for me to post it here. But i suppose it's 2.2.1 for t-mobile, dated jan. 13

http://rapidshare.com/files/443438723/2.2.1-3.4.2.gz
buildprop.png

Don't blame me if your Defy turns into smelly brick. I don't have defy yet; but this firmware looks legit. You most likely need to wipe.

where is the source of this?

xabierd

Jul 17, 2008
I prefer having the chinese version without bloat than wifi calling menu from t-mobile :D

Anyway it's good to see that motorola is moving

JamesDax

Jan 4, 2011
Philadelphia
Can this be true? The T-Mobile US Defy wasn't even on the lastest upgrade list from Moto. Last I saw it was China & Latin America in Q1 and UK & Central Europe in Q2.

Rhyr

Nov 20, 2006
Vercelli

bihariel

Apr 9, 2010
the sbf is unsigned so it can not be flashed, if someone could extract system folder from it, it would be helpfull.

Bill Noneya

Jan 14, 2011
SBF depacker found here
Code:
hxxp://modmymobile.com/forums/402-general-motorola-android/530781-sbf-mbn-depacker-alpha-3-05-13-2010-a.html

Replace the x's with t's because Im such a noob i cant post urls.

EDIT: Attached file.

Attachments

• MotoAndroidDepacker-1.2alpha3.rar
    43.3 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Reactions: galao

bihariel

Apr 9, 2010
SBF depacker found here
Code:
hxxp://modmymobile.com/forums/402-general-motorola-android/530781-sbf-mbn-depacker-alpha-3-05-13-2010-a.html

Replace the x's with t's because Im such a noob i cant post urls.

EDIT: Attached file.

i have that already, it only extract sbf, i want to extract the system folder from cg39.smg.

TrippleT

Sep 14, 2008
Planet Jupiter
I tried to replace the CG39.smg of v2.51 with the on from this fw here in this post...flashed it...and...no way :-( ...boot error...and back to bootloader...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is T-Mobile Android 2.2.1 rom 3.4.2 from January 20. Full Blur!
    http://www.multiupload.com/ZZ4TU8W7UQ

YOU CANNOT DOWNGRADE AFTER FLASHING THIS FIRMWARE!!!
    Remember this release is likely far from final!
    You need to wipe before flashing!

Source is some guy at russian forum. He seems to have phone with unlocked bootloader and t-mobile developer network access :rolleyes:

I am not responsible for this.

FAQ
    Q: I can't enter recovery!
    A: Press both volup+voldown keys instead of lower right screen corner.

Q: I have signal issues!
    A: If you're in Europe, use radio fix or baseband switcher.

Q: Which languages are included?
    A: english, spanish, french. With morelocale2 you can have partial german (and other languages) translation.

Q: Does root and clockworkmod recovery work?
    A: Yes.

Q: Can i skip motoblur registration?
    A: No, you can't unless you edit system files or sideload alternate launcher.

Q: How good is camera?
    A: Camera problems are reported as fixed in this rom. The only problem reported is 24fps encoder limit set on video recording. Also, this rom (as well as Cliq2 & Chinese rom) does not have 720p codecs.
    Does anyone have a current link to t-mobile froyo sfb? I am trying to downgrade my defy from cyanogen back to stock, but I can't find a link that works anymore. and-developers has megaupload for it and the multiupload link here doesn't load. Please help!!!!

http://sbf.droid-developers.org/umts_jordan/list.php

nt.jpg
    T-Mobile Froyo 2.2.1 Firmware 3.4.2: Rooted - Deodexed - Overclocked/Undervolted

Here is my Nandroid Backup of the newly leaked T-Mobile USA Froyo firmware, which I have rooted, deodexed and optimized. I hope y'all will find it to be of some use.

Download link: NEW NANDROID & LINK IN PREPARATION, CHECK BACK LATER

Note that it is NOT de-blurred.

For reference, these are the steps I performed:

1. Flash p3_jordan_umts_jordan-user-2.2.1-3.4.2-107_JDN-4-000000-release-keys-signed-T-Mobile-US.sbf with RSD Lite v4.9.

2. Turn off the device then reboot into recovery by pressing and holding VOL-DOWN + POWER. Access the Android System Recovery utility screen by pressing VOL-DOWN + VOL-UP simultaneouly. WIPE everything. NB: Use the POWER button to select.

3. Set up MotoBlur.

4. Root device with SuperOneClick, according to instructions in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=913709. NB: Be sure to run SuperOneClick AS ADMINISTRATOR. Be PATIENT. After root success, REBOOT DEVICE.

6. Install Tenfar's Recovery.

7. Delete Family Room apps and other Bloatware:

Plug in device with USB Debugging ON and USB Connection set on NONE. Open a command prompt.

Open a command prompt and type (or copy and paste) the following commands:

Fire up ADB:
    Code:
    adb shell

Gain root access:
    Code:
    su
    [After typing the "su" command for the first time, look at your device screen and grant permission for ADB superuser privileges.]

Mount the /system partition with write access:
    Code:
    mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system

Switch to the /system/app dir:
    Code:
    cd /system/app

Remove the Family Room and Bloatware apps:
    Code:
    rm FamilyCalendarProvider.apk
    rm FamilyCalendarProvider.odex
    rm FamilyQuickContactWidget.apk
    rm FamilyQuickContactWidget.odex
    rm FamilyRoom.apk
    rm FamilyRoom.odex
    rm FamilyUpdates.apk
    rm FamilyUpdates.odex
    rm amazonmp3.apk
    rm Blockbuster.apk
    rm esmusica.apk
    rm GOTV_Altitude.apk
    rm hiphopofficial.apk
    rm Quickoffice.apk
    rm revolver.apk
    rm revolver.odex
    rm slackerradio.apk
    rm truecountry.apk
    rm WeatherWidget.apk
    rm WeatherWidget.odex
    rm Web2Go.apk
    rm Web2Go.odex
    rm YahooContacts.apk
    rm YahooContacts.odex

Reboot device:
    Code:
    reboot

8. Manually DEODEX device according to the instructions in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=765270.

9. Overclocking time! (Props to Sorensiim for the instructions at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=893291)
    Install Milestone Overclock from the market and fire it up. Load the module and Press the menu button, go to settings and enter "1000000" as Custom rate and "52" as custom vsel. After pressing OK, pull the slider all the way to the right, so the selected frequency shows up as "1000MHz, 52vsel (Custom)". Click Apply and tick the box for "Autoload on boot"

10. Scaling (Another shout out to Sorensiim!)
    Install SetCPU from the market and start it up. Set scaling to "Ondemand" and tick the box for "Autoload on boot" and exit the program. Now it's time to make the vsel correspond to the cpu frequency and save some power, as explained so brilliantly by Higgsy. Buy the man a beer! My setscaling.sh is here, Higgsy's excellent startup script is here. Download both to the root of your SD card. Then connect your phone to your pc and fire up ADB/MotoDev Studio. Once connected to your phone, here's what you need to do:

Code:
    adb shell
    su
    mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
    cp /sdcard/setscaling.sh /system/xbin/setscaling.sh
    cp /sdcard/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
    chmod 755 /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
    chmod 755 /system/xbin/setscaling.sh
    mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
    reboot

11. Create a new backup of the newly rooted, deodexed, overclocked/undervolted ROM with Tenfar's Recovery. NB: USB Debugging must be OFF or Tenfar's Recovery won't work.
    i got the system files extracted and am uploading to mulitupload. will have link when it finishes in about 15 min

http://www.multiupload.com/5WPZY1REXC
    i use motoblur and did a wipe before flashing the sbf and everything is working perfectly. camera/root/recovery/overclocker all loaded.

regular recover. press volume up and down at the same time to show menu