• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] T-Mobile Unofficial | SENSE 5.5 | JB4.3 | Tmo Optimized | Wi-Fi Calling

Search This thread

Behold_this

Jul 15, 2011
Las Vegas
banner2_zpscba8e521.png

I proudly present to you my UNofficial Sense 5.5 build, based on the international 3.62.401.1 release-keys update. It is geared towards a stockish T-Mobile US user experience. I have worked to insure complete functionality with all the T-Mobile customizations and features you would expect from an official release. YES, this includes Wi-Fi calling!

DISCLAIMER:
Flashing custom ROMs can, in some cases, lead to unexpected behavior. You should understand the risks before flashing ANY custom ROM to your device. I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device in the course of flashing. Know your responsibilities!

ROM Details:

• Base - 3.62.401.1 release-keys
  • Android 4.3
  • Sense 5.5
  • Latest OEM applications
  • T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling
  • T-Mobile GPS configuration
  • T-Mobile Carrier Billing Support
  • T-Mobile UI customizations
  • T-Mobile Pre-loaded apps (installed to /data/app for easy removal)
  • Removable BlinkFeed
  • Lockscreen widgets
  • Root access
  • Fully de-odexed
  • Unsecured boot.img
  • Persistent ADB
  • BusyBox
  • Disabled signature check
  • Disabled kernel debugging
  • Zipaligned
  • init.d scripts support

Requirements:

• Unlocked bootloader or S-Off
  • Custom recovery
  • 4A.21.3263.03_10.38m.1157.04L radio for best performance

Install Instructions:

• Download the ROM and place it on your virtual SD card
  • Boot your device into recovery mode (Volume Down + Power)
  • Back up your current software
  • If coming from another ROM/Base preform full wipe from Recovery (caches/system/data)
  • Select "Install"
  • Select ROM zip from your stored directory and wait for install to complete
  • reboot and enjoy Sense 5.5

Q&A/Troubleshooting Thread

The following thread has been set up specifically for addressing user questions, concerns, comments and troubleshooting. Please direct all posts concerning the above to the following link:

Help & ROM related questions go here

This thread is for ROM development purposes only! All other post should be directed to the Q&A link above. Keeping this thread free for development and release announcements. Thank you

Credits & Thank You's:

If you appreciate my work, please consider a small donation.

Sharing policy:

If interested in using this ROM as a base you should...

• PM me to request permission..FIRST! Do not post your ROM until you receive a reply.
  • Give proper credits including a link to this thread using a readable hyperlink e.g. "Link to the original thread".
  • Please don't re-post this base in a new thread with just minor tweaks. There is no need for multiple threads with the same content.

Supporters:

Thank you to the following for their donations...

• jchinai
  • skulldreamz
  • 李忠保

Last edited:

Behold_this

Jul 15, 2011
Las Vegas
Last edited:

mdiaz33685

Feb 20, 2009
Tampa, FL
WOW,, Awesome dude... good work on this... I've using BaadNews rom.. gonna download after work.. and check this out.

edit... I see this is a new version not even out... even better new... 3.62.531.1

Last edited:

jay661972

Oct 19, 2010
San Diego CA
Tmo Sense 5.5, nice. i like that HTC added the blinkfeed on/off and built in emoji in the keyboard but cant use lockscreen wallpaper under personalize. oh well, thanks for this

Gandroid

Jul 13, 2010
downloading now...will report how it goes...

I am on the following hboot, baseband etc...but my LTE is not that great....anyone know of the best combination to get max LTE speeds? TIA.

C:\adb\adb>fastboot getvar all
INFOversion: 0.5
INFOversion-bootloader: 1.55.0000
INFOversion-baseband: 4A.21.3263.03
INFOversion-cpld: None
INFOversion-microp: None
INFOversion-main: 3.24.531.3
INFOversion-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF

Behold_this

Jul 15, 2011
Las Vegas
Does anyone have a link for the latest radio that I can flash for us S-ON users? The 3.24 package requires S-OFF....
There may be a flashable zip floating around with the newest radio. I have no idea as I haven't looked.

For S-On users, it's a bit of a double edged sword. I recommend you update your device with the official 3.24.531.3 RUU before flashing. this ROM. That way you'll have the newest radio and all the newest firmware. BUT...

As far as I know, Rumrunner S-Off does not yet support the newest T-Mobile software. So, if you might want to s-off in the future, know that it is not currently available. You can, however, request support from the Rumrunner team and considering it's still the 1.55 hboot, it should not be much of a challenge for them to add support. They do need to receive the requests though.

Last edited:

lojak29

Aug 18, 2010
Can we run this ruu with s on
and a unlocked bootloader.
Basicaly I'm on 3.17 firmware with s on
it is an att htc one I want to put this tmo unoffical 4.3 on it where do I go from here

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

jason701802

Nov 28, 2009
What's special about the new firmware other than the radio? I'm S-ON and I flashed the new radio.img from Behold_this's firmware.zip through ADB. Everything seems to be working fine, should I still RUU? Updating to the RUU wipes everything, doesn't it? I don't want to deal with restoring all my personal data.

Behold_this

Jul 15, 2011
Las Vegas
What's special about the new firmware other than the radio? I'm S-ON and I flashed the new radio.img from Behold_this's firmware.zip through ADB. Everything seems to be working fine, should I still RUU? Updating to the RUU wipes everything, doesn't it? I don't want to deal with restoring all my personal data.

If everything's working good for you, then there is no need to do anything else. The radio is the important part. Some people, myself included, just like to fully update firmware with new bases.

teiknarfy89

Nov 24, 2010
Do I need to flash via fastboot? Can I just flash via cwm like a regular Rom? I'm s-on but already have new firmware and radio ..

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4

mdiaz33685

Feb 20, 2009
Tampa, FL
If everything's working good for you, then there is no need to do anything else. The radio is the important part. Some people, myself included, just like to fully update firmware with new bases.

i'm old school.. we never flashed the firmware, I stay with my original that I get with my phone, I never seen where it was really ever needed to. only thing new to firmware was for HTC to block people from s-off and root.. that's what HTC always wants to do.:silly:

Top Liked Posts