• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] T-Mobile Unofficial | SENSE 5.5 | JB4.3 | Tmo Optimized | Wi-Fi Calling

Search This thread

mugetsu666

Oct 3, 2011
Crestview
I installed exactly per instructions and went smooth. But I lost root! Still had custom recovery so I was able to go on and try and flash supersu but it didn't help.

I went back to pacman Rom I had naked up for now.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my One using xda app-developers app

User error because I use it every day and gave Never lost root and I flashed the the newest su the very first time I flashed this. Only thing I can suggest would be to reflash the rom.

Just FYI, tb backups can cause issues when u restore because some people restore system apps and that's a big error.

androidtechy.com/Team-nocturnal/droidnow.com
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=43332271
T- Mobile 1.27.531.8 and 1.27.531.11 stock and rooted roms

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

I seem to be having trouble getting Xposed working, not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I'm s-off
Latest radio
SU is working properly
Looks like Xposed installer works but when I reboot and try to use Unicon it doesn't apply. The Unicon module is enabled and I even rebooted after applying icon in Unicon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to try the Bulletproof kernel and see if that makes any difference.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

No sure, but exposed is working great for me, maybe try the latest version of it and possibly might fix the issue.

jay661972

Oct 19, 2010
San Diego CA
I seem to be having trouble getting Xposed working, not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I'm s-off
Latest radio
SU is working properly
Looks like Xposed installer works but when I reboot and try to use Unicon it doesn't apply. The Unicon module is enabled and I even rebooted after applying icon in Unicon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to try the Bulletproof kernel and see if that makes any difference.

I think the issue is the Unicon app. Only Nox icon works, other Icon theme (like Vulcan) wont work for me. That's why i settle to Nox icon theme

Reactions: jlawou

jlawou

Jun 17, 2010
Cincinnati
I installed Sense 5 tool box and that worked fine so it wasn't Xposed but the Unicon app. I uninstalled Unicon and then reinstalled it and now all is working well.

mugetsu666

Oct 3, 2011
Crestview

g4me0v3r

Jan 21, 2009
California
I didn't either, but it happened to me long ago and now a barely use TB, it's done more harm than good.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you use instead of Titanium Backup? I thought TB was the end all be all of backup apps.

mugetsu666

Oct 3, 2011
Crestview
Still can't download from the servers. Keeps failing at 94% any updates on a mirror

Damn that's for reminding me, five me about 30 and I will and FYI I'm the only person allowed to mirror so no else post please out of respect. Thank you.

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

If you don't mind me asking, what do you use instead of Titanium Backup? I thought TB was the end all be all of backup apps.

What do is make a nand and use TB, sometimes to pull only certain apps and data, No system apps and sometimes message but honestly I backup with Google and htc backup for almost everything else. There is another app but I gotta ask one of my other devs what he uses and I'll let ya know

Behold_this

Jul 15, 2011
Las Vegas
Damn that's for reminding me, five me about 30 and I will and FYI I'm the only person allowed to mirror so no else post please out of respect. Thank you.

Thanks @mugetsu666!

@everyone:
yes, out of respect, please no one else post mirrors. Between my link and his, you guys should be set. Thanks for understanding:thumbup:

Also, a very general rule of thumb for those wondering about titanium backup, it is okay to backup apps only, WITHOUT data, in all cases as long as they are NOT system apps. In some cases it may be okay to restore app+data, but again NEVER for system apps or their data. The only time this rule does not apply is when restoring app+data to a ROM on the same base that it was backed up from but that still is not always as smooth as we would like. However, that's a little more than I'd like to get into here, but you should have a better understanding now.

Last edited:

Lookatthemonkeys

Sep 9, 2012
Tampa
Hey guys, everything is working great for me so far. Updated from the newest RUU, wiped and flashed the ROM. I am running Bulletproof kernal, Xposed and Sense Toolkit. My one question is if there is any way I can get torch (flashlight) as a button on the EQS. This is the one thing I am really looking for! I found this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2451018

but I am hesitant to install this mod because it is a whole pack of mods that also also changes the framework. Does anyone know if this can be added or of a single mod I can install?

I just wanted to say I am loving this ROM so far and thanks everyone for all the hard work!

fmedrano1977

May 1, 2009
San Antonio, TX
I'm assuming hidden tether APN is still intact? As using the native tether app directs me to their stupid website. Also any plans on unlocking the stock tmobile APNs so I can delete them?

Sent from my HTC One

mugetsu666

Oct 3, 2011
Crestview
Hey guys, everything is working great for me so far. Updated from the newest RUU, wiped and flashed the ROM. I am running Bulletproof kernal, Xposed and Sense Toolkit. My one question is if there is any way I can get torch (flashlight) as a button on the EQS. This is the one thing I am really looking for! I found this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2451018

but I am hesitant to install this mod because it is a whole pack of mods that also also changes the framework. Does anyone know if this can be added or of a single mod I can install?

I just wanted to say I am loving this ROM so far and thanks everyone for all the hard work!

I'll test after work today. So I'll let u know later or u can make a backup and then flash and see what happens.

Behold_this

Jul 15, 2011
Las Vegas
I'm assuming hidden tether APN is still intact? As using the native tether app directs me to their stupid website. Also any plans on unlocking the stock tmobile APNs so I can delete them?

YUP, they are intact, NOPE, I will NOT unlock T-Mobile's locked APNs! You can find out how to do it yourself many places but I find it wrong to give you a service for free that T-Mobile charges for. So, you won't get it for free from me. As I said, it's a service they charge for, so if you want to use it, pay for it, simple as that. Not to mention that in many cases now you can have it added for free to your plan if you just call them.

I won't allow talk about unlocking APN's in this thread, nor will I allow modified framework with APNs unlocked to be posted here. It's off topic and I find it wrong to try to steal a paid service. That's what I believe it is, stealing. This is my personal stance on the matter and I'm not looking to debate here. This is my thread and I don't want discussion of it inside my thread. Please respect that. Thank you.

Last edited:

fmedrano1977

May 1, 2009
San Antonio, TX
YUP, they are intact, NOPE, I will NOT unlock T-Mobile's locked APNs! You can find out how to do it yourself many places but I find it wrong to give you a service for free that T-Mobile charges for. So, you won't get it for free from me. As I said, it's a service they charge for, so if you want to use it, pay for it, simple as that. Not to mention that in many cases now you can have it added for free to your plan if you just call them.

I won't allow talk about unlocking APN's in this thread, nor will I allow modified framework with APNs unlocked to be posted here. It's off topic and I find it wrong to try to steal a paid service. That's what I believe it is, stealing. This is my personal stance on the matter and I'm not looking to debate here. This is my thread and I don't want discussion of it inside my thread. Please respect that. Thank you.

Damn bro want to tell me how you really feel? First threes sentences would have been enough, STANCE RESPECTED.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

mugetsu666

Oct 3, 2011
Crestview
Thank you, finally someone agrees with my thoughts. Also DO NOT ask about or discuss free tethering or apps to cheat a company for tethering, I don't believe in that either. Thank you all for the respect and have a wonderful day.

Behold_this

Jul 15, 2011
Las Vegas
Damn bro want to tell me how you really feel? First threes sentences would have been enough, STANCE RESPECTED.

Please don't take such offense to my post. It really was not aimed directly at you. You were merely quoted cuz you were the person that brought it up, however, the post is, in fact, directed at EVERYBODY.

I'm looking to head of this topic now so I don't have to later.

fmedrano1977

May 1, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Please don't take such offense to my post. It really was not aimed directly at you. You were merely quoted cuz you were the person that brought it up, however, the post is, in fact, directed at EVERYBODY.

I'm looking to head of this topic now so I don't have to later.

Totally cool, my was response was more sarcasm than a response from being offended. Your thread, your ROM, totally respect your stance on the matter.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts