• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] T-Mobile Unofficial | SENSE 5.5 | JB4.3 | Tmo Optimized | Wi-Fi Calling

Search This thread

sovanyio

Jul 1, 2010
Solved the wifi calling.. turns out I forgot to update the radio. I didn't think that a wipe would have been required for that to work since I was coming from the dev 4.2 ROM. Hopefully this helps anyone else out that stuck out waiting for TMO to release a 4.3 rom to use a dev device.

Behold_this

Jul 15, 2011
Las Vegas
Solved the wifi calling.. turns out I forgot to update the radio. I didn't think that a wipe would have been required for that to work since I was coming from the dev 4.2 ROM. Hopefully this helps anyone else out that stuck out waiting for TMO to release a 4.3 rom to use a dev device.

This is exactly why the new radio is listed as a requirement in the OP!

It's truly frustrating when people won't read OP. I mean what's the point of even taking the time to write it out?

Last edited:

sovanyio

Jul 1, 2010
This is exactly why the new radio is listed as a requirement in the OP!

It's truly frustrating when people won't read OP. I mean what's the point of even taking the time to write it out?

I am not trying to argue with this point, I didn't read very carefully, but I recall reading a post that said that you did not need to do that step manually if you were s-off, but I guess that was about the firmware.zip

mugetsu666

Oct 3, 2011
Crestview
I am not trying to argue with this point, I didn't read very carefully, but I recall reading a post that said that you did not need to do that step manually if you were s-off, but I guess that was about the firmware.zip

If Ur s-off u still have to update ur radio because the radio is tied with the updated wifi calling. U don't need the firmware for s-off.

androidtechy.com/Team-nocturnal/droidnow.com
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=43332271
T- Mobile 1.27.531.8 and 1.27.531.11 stock and rooted roms

Reactions: g4me0v3r

aortega

Jun 27, 2010
Irving. Tx
First flash in a year and a half, hehehe

ok, guys just flashed, let me tell you what i have done, it was flawless
1.- After relock my bootloader, (was s-on) flashed the 3.62.531.1 RUU signed
2.- Unlock it again, got rooted and su
3.- Got s-off for hboot 1.55 with rumrunner
4.- Unlocked again my bootloader
5.- Got rid of the "tampered" flag and got supercid
6.- Downloaded this rom and flashed after performing a very clean procedure (Cache, Dalvik, Data, System)
7.- Had no boot-loop, straight to wizard setup after rebooting
8.- rebooted into TWRP and flashed APM and QS mode from post #4

Questions:
1.- Any way to configure and mode my lockscreen?
2.- Any chance to switch fonts on this rom
3.- Mods (change icons, etc.)

Thanks Behold, great Job, looks clean and neat

Last edited:

fmedrano1977

May 1, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Small bug or maybe it's just me, when WiFi is on and I send a mms, data does not kick on for mms to get sent.

Never mind, only happens when WiFi calling is on.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

So I just flashed this and lost root. Is that to be expected?

Nope, this Rom is rooted. Might have to go back in recovery and reboot system, you will then get an option to install SU, at least it happened to me.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Lookatthemonkeys

Sep 9, 2012
Tampa
Hi, can I flash this one without wiping data over stock 3.24.531.3? Does it cause any problem or is it safe to dirty flash?

Thanks!

Instructions on original post says do a full wipe. He also answered the same question earlier in the thread. You might be OK doing a dirty flash, but it is not recommended. You can still do a nandroid backup and then restore the data from the backup after you full wipe and flash the ROM.

uzair_sh

Jun 16, 2007
FIX to gain root access for this ROM

I think some of us are having trouble getting the root access after installing this ROM
I have UNLOCKED AT&T HTC ONE, but I was looking a ROM for WIFI CALLING since I'm on T-MOBILE...

GOOGLE and DOWNLOAD "UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65.zip", flash it thru recovery and gained the root access.

It worked for me, hope it works for everyone else.

pagantek

Jun 25, 2010
Instructions on original post says do a full wipe. He also answered the same question earlier in the thread. You might be OK doing a dirty flash, but it is not recommended. You can still do a nandroid backup and then restore the data from the backup after you full wipe and flash the ROM.

If you're confidant in your full nandroid, you can attempt dirty install as an experiment, but, again, it is not recomended. My experiment was successful, but they always did call me a weird duck. The installer wiped what was needed for me for an upgrade, but once again - Happy Accident. if it fails, you should be able to revert to the nandroid. I dont think you'd get any assistance if it fails.

Behold_this

Jul 15, 2011
Las Vegas
Is there any way to disable that stupid extra htc sync folder that opens up with the internal storage when you plug your phone into the computer?

Freeze or uninstall HTC Sync Manager (AndroidHtcSync.apk) and HTC Sync Manger Package Installer (NeroHTCInstaller.apk). If you uninstall, back them up JIC.

Last edited:

stellarvelocity

Oct 29, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
I played around with this last night and everything seems so-far-so-good. My battery life has been rough (4 1/2 hours and on 36% with 82% of Usage being "Android System"). That I will continue to monitor.

My question is how to remove the unnecessary quick toggles from the notifications pane? EQS is fine, I don't understand why there has to be buttons on my notification pull down too? I've seen screen shots of Sense 5.5. roms and this is the first time I've seen this. XPosed didn't have anything to help and playing with the various htc widget apks in /system did nothing even after reboots. Do you happen to know where this is hidden so I can shut them off?

I also was wondering if anyone had figured out how to enable widgets on the AOSP lockscreen? I removed htclockscreen.apk and activated but like many Sense 5.5 roms I'm getting the force close on setup wizard.

Thanks for the good work!

Behold_this

Jul 15, 2011
Las Vegas
Battery life pretty good I'd say.
y6agamaj.jpg

7ubupudy.jpg

Remove Horizontal Quick Settings flashable package can be found in post #4.

AOSP lockscreen is not natively supported, as this is a Sense rom. Enabling it means living without certain functions. As you mentioned, the widgets for example can't be set.

Last edited:
Reactions: mugetsu666

Chrono86

Nov 3, 2008
It's working great, thanks Behold_this!

Only minor issue I'm getting is that the notification bar shows "Emergency calls only" even though I can make calls just fine

mugetsu666

Oct 3, 2011
Crestview

Behold_this

Jul 15, 2011
Las Vegas
At the suggestion of the moderation staff, I have established a Q&A/Troubleshooting thread in the Q&A section of the T-mobile HTC One sub-forum. Please post all troubleshooting and ROM related questions there, keeping this thread open for development purposes only. Thank you for understanding and please visit the new thread here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=47053800

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts